PDA

View Full Version : How'd you like your blues

TheTramp
1st-December-2002, 09:42 AM
This is supposed to be a fun poll. Be interesting to see what the results are though.

Steve

Fran
1st-December-2002, 10:18 PM
How about the word sensual??:nice:

Will anyone ever own up to who did the perverted one?????????:wink: :nice: :nice:

fran
:nice:

CJ
1st-December-2002, 10:35 PM
Sorry, Franck,

Can I change my vote? I thought it was blows!:rolleyes:

TheTramp
1st-December-2002, 11:27 PM
Rob.

You are just sooooo rude!!!

Steve

Fran
2nd-December-2002, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by Ceroc Jock
Sorry, Franck,

Can I change my vote? I thought it was blows!:rolleyes:

And I thought you were such gentle soul!!!!:wink:

Bob - you see that thing at the back of your nodding head on the avatar is that a horse head???:confused:

franx

Gadget
2nd-December-2002, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by Fran
Bob - you see that thing at the back of your nodding head on the avatar is that a horse head???:confused:
Does look like that, dosn't it :) - I think it's meant to be two middle fingers curled, held by thumb. Fore and pinkey extended.
I can't remember what it's called - 'gouranga' I think.

DavidB
2nd-December-2002, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp
How'd you like your bluesIn small quantities, preferably in another room to where I'm dancing???

David

Gus
2nd-December-2002, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by DavidB
In small quantities, preferably in another room to where I'm dancing???

David

Now if you really wanted to court danger you could suggest a 'Ban the Blues' poll, similar to the Airsteps Poll ... you know,

"Should people who do Blues be;
Sternly talked to, Banned, Assaulted with a marsupial of indeterminate origin"

TheTramp
2nd-December-2002, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by DavidB
In small quantities, preferably in another room to where I'm dancing???
Does this mean that you won't be dancing any blues records with me then David?? :really:

Steve

Fran
2nd-December-2002, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by Gus

Now if you really wanted to court danger you could suggest a 'Ban the Blues' poll, similar to the Airsteps Poll ... you know,

"Should people who do Blues be;
Sternly talked to, Banned, Assaulted with a marsupial of indeterminate origin"

Nooooooooo,:tears: :tears:

we dont mean any harm:wink: :wink:

fran:nice:

Fran
2nd-December-2002, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Gadget

Does look like that, dosn't it :) - I think it's meant to be two middle fingers curled, held by thumb. Fore and pinkey extended.

right........ thanks gadget - i did wonder what the reference to the horse was:confused:

CJ
2nd-December-2002, 02:31 PM

And I thought you were such gentle soul!!!!:wink:

franx

I am a gentle wee soul, am I not, petal??:wink:

The nodding gif is my wee headbanger!! As I was coming up to gig time, thought I'd work up to it. He is headbanging and "making the sign"- Gadget was right about configuration, but it is the sign of the Devil, some say it brings his power to the fore, some say if it is held in the light, it renders him powerless. Either way, it's tosh. Anyway, has been claimed by "METAL" as its sign.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Anyway, my ass will be back on show soon, again, I promise.

Meantime, I am sure there was a thread here somewhere...

Ah yes, blues, anyone?

Gus
2nd-December-2002, 02:31 PM

Nooooooooo,:tears: :tears:

You are joking of course......

I've now had several dances with the gorgeous young Laura down here and somehow I always end up with her attached to me like superglue .... don't you guys know the meaning of 'personal space'!!!

At the last event, a wedding dance, I think people were shocked by the moves she was going ...... not that I was protesting too much though:wink: :waycool: :wink:

Admit it ... you seek only to corrupt us away from the clean fun of Ceroc to the murky, sleazy world of Blues ....... give me a few minutes and I'll try to work out why thats a bad thing:sick:

Jayne
2nd-December-2002, 02:36 PM

With THAT avatar???? :what:

Jayne
:wink:

TheTramp
2nd-December-2002, 02:39 PM
I've now had several dances with the gorgeous young Laura down here and somehow I always end up with attached to me like superglue .... don't you guys know the meaning of 'personal space'!!!
Sorry Gus, I can't quite work this out. Are you complaining????

Steve

TheTramp
2nd-December-2002, 02:40 PM
With THAT avatar????
Cute, isn't it. And don't you think it looks like Fran!!

Steve

CJ
2nd-December-2002, 02:44 PM

Cute, isn't it. And don't you think it looks like Fran!!

Steve

Absolutely: could be the boots and the cheeky smile.

Gus
2nd-December-2002, 02:51 PM
Maybe Frank should organise a "Come Dressed as Your Avatar" night .... though this could cause Stuart and CJ a few porblems....

CJ
2nd-December-2002, 02:56 PM
Your concern is touching.:wink:

No problem for me. It's the other poor peeps in the hall that might have the problems!!:D :D :D :D :D

:rolleyes:

Anyway, we've not cossed swords for ages. Looking forward to next one. Sorry I didn't get to meet you @ 10th party. Next time?

Take care, mate.

Flasher.:what:

Fran
2nd-December-2002, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Gus

You are joking of course......

I've now had several dances with the gorgeous young Laura down here and somehow I always end up with her attached to me like superglue .... don't you guys know the meaning of 'personal space'!!!

Admit it ... you seek only to corrupt us away from the clean fun of Ceroc to the murky, sleazy world of Blues ....... give me a few minutes and I'll try to work out why thats a bad thing:sick:

Damm!! our master plan has been foiled!!!!! And we though we were being so careful.:innocent: :innocent:

well, to use the words of us both (laura & me) - its only dance :wink:and off the dance floor its different. I guess perhaps compared to some dancers we may not have much personal space..... however in our defense it is bluesy stuff :nice: and it was how we both learnt when we first started dancing, plus as mentioned before on another thread it depends with whom you are dancing and as we both share the same blues partner he did not seem to mind. The double trouble version is quite fun:devil: :grin:

We honestly dont have a grand plan you.:wink: :devil::wink:, well not one that we would admit to publicly - would you like us to be more gentle with you in future?:wink: -
would be a shame though:devil:

We can be very "good" girls and dance appropriately as well - just incase some one is reading this and they get the wrong impression about us!!!!!!:nice: :wink:

TheTramp
2nd-December-2002, 03:58 PM
We can be very "good" girls and dance appropriately as well - just incase some one is reading this and they get the wrong impression about us!!!!!!
No Fran. I think that we all have the right idea about you!!

Steve

Fran
2nd-December-2002, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Ceroc Jock

Absolutely: could be the boots and the cheeky smile.

well... I certainly dont have pink frock which comes to my knees

wish I dance in my boots though (heels) - then I would be a grown up :nice: :wink: instead of only dancing in flat shoes :tears: - hense my jealously at Bill's ability to dance in his!!:wink: :nice:

Fran
2nd-December-2002, 04:10 PM

No Fran. I think that we all have the right idea about you!!

Steve

...............oh:sorry :sorry

"we are all complex individuals and full of contradictions ":nice:

I am not that bad really - :innocent:

fran:sorry

TheTramp
2nd-December-2002, 04:13 PM
I didn't say that you were at all bad.

Just that we've all got the right idea about you!! :kiss:

Steve

Fran
2nd-December-2002, 04:26 PM
I didn't say that you were at all bad.

Just that we've all got the right idea about you!! :kiss:

Steve

ah well thats me and my hyperly sensiative artistic senseabilities.
- I was away to go and make a frock covering me from top to toe and start dancing a metre away from everyone:tears:

thankyou:kiss: that makes me feel better

fran:nice:x ( now putting away 3 metres of fabric:wink: :nice: )

TheTramp
2nd-December-2002, 04:31 PM
In fact, the main problem I have with you, is that you dance about 450 miles away from me. Oh, if only it was just a metre....

Steve

Dr. Feelgood
3rd-December-2002, 07:34 PM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bob - you see that thing at the back of your nodding head on the avatar is that a horse head???
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Does look like that, dosn't it - I think it's meant to be two middle fingers curled, held by thumb. Fore and pinkey extended.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In fact, its correct name is the 'sign of the second cornetto' - a gesture much used by attendees at rock (of the heavier variety) concerts.

TheTramp
3rd-December-2002, 09:10 PM
'sign of the second cornetto'Isn't that a bit greedy? Having a second cornetto's. Even at a heavy rock concert. You'd think that the usherette would refuse to serve you, even if you signalled her like that.

My favourite was the strawberry one. What's yours?

Steve

Dr. Feelgood
3rd-December-2002, 10:09 PM
It aint cornettos that the 'usherettes' hand out at rock concerts... but that's another story...

I have a suspicion that the 'cornetto' in 'sign of the second cornetto' probably comes from the latin 'cornu' / 'cornus' or similar, meaning 'horn' ... which is probably a diabolic reference given that heavy rock is the music of the devil.

John S
4th-December-2002, 12:44 AM
To point the forefinger and little finger at someone does indicate the horns (of a bull) and when used in Italy it means that the person pointed at has been cuckolded - in other words he/she has been sitting at home watching Big Brother while the spouse has been out dancing Blues (and more)!!!! :wink:

Keith
4th-December-2002, 07:21 PM
I thought it was the secret sign of the Carpenters Society.
Anyone know a good surgeon? :tears:
Keith

Chris
22nd-November-2003, 03:31 PM
Wow! looking back through old polls - voted before looking at results - quite amazed that apparently I'm the only one who voted clean!:tears: :waycool:

Bill
24th-November-2003, 03:22 PM

We can be very "good" girls and dance appropriately as well - just incase some one is reading this and they get the wrong impression about us!!!!!!:nice: :wink:

fran:nice: And I hope I can take some of the 'blame'/ praise :rolleyes: :na: for encouraging such 'bluesy' behaviour:D

And Gus......................... are you complaining about the lack of personal space :rolleyes: ......it juts shows how comfortable Laura is dancing with you. It's a compliment :wink:

And I get the pleasure of several 'bluesy' tracks with Laura this week ( she's in Aberdeen tomorrow till Friday) and then with Fran on Saturday. What a great week :cheers:

Fran
24th-November-2003, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by Bill
And I hope I can take some of the 'blame'/ praise :rolleyes: :na: for encouraging such 'bluesy' behaviour:D

And I get the pleasure of several 'bluesy' tracks with Laura this week ( she's in Aberdeen tomorrow till Friday) and then with Fran on Saturday. What a great week :cheers:

:rofl: Oh yes, you are our partner in crime:devil: so you should take some of the blame:wink:

and sometimes you say the nicest of things:nice:

fran:hug:

Bill
25th-November-2003, 11:25 AM
:rofl: Oh yes, you are our partner in crime:devil: so you should take some of the blame:wink:

and sometimes you say the nicest of things:nice:

fran:hug:

only sometimes !!!!!!!!:D :wink: