PDA

View Full Version : New clothes!!

DianaS
11th-May-2005, 03:37 PM
Okay I'm bored of my dance clothes (yes AGAIN) and need some inspiration! Any ideas? :rolleyes:
What's your favourite item?
I want a bra with diamonte straps and a pair of embroidered trousers.. and ..
Dx

Lynn
11th-May-2005, 03:48 PM
I want a bra with diamonte straps and a pair of embroidered trousers.. and .. And? A pair of nice shoes? Sounds like a good outfit to me!

I think my range is a bit boring when it comes to dance clothes. Black trousers and various sparkly tops. Easy to mix'n'match which is great for packing though.

My fave item is a Morgan halter neck top - mostly black (of course) but with lace at the front. (Not a very good description I know!). Its great as it looks equally good with a really formal skirt and black trousers.

Lynn
11th-May-2005, 03:53 PM
I want a bra with diamonte straps That just reminded me, I have a pair of diamonte straps somewhere (to attach to those strapless/strap variations) - must dig them out!

DianaS
11th-May-2005, 04:00 PM
That just reminded me, I have a pair of diamonte straps somewhere (to attach to those strapless/strap variations) - must dig them out!
I saw some one with them and thought they loooked really pretty any idea where I can get some? I had thought I might just bead my existing ones or replace the elastic with ribbon.
Camber was THAT energising!

Northants Girly
11th-May-2005, 04:15 PM
I saw some one with them and thought they loooked really pretty any idea where I can get some? Debenhams is where I got mine ;)

DianaS
11th-May-2005, 04:20 PM
Debenhams is where I got mine ;)

Thanks NG -
I might just try a glue gun and raid my drawer of sparkleys first. Doens't every thing seem tame now?? :sad:

Lynn
12th-May-2005, 10:20 AM
I saw some one with them and thought they loooked really pretty any idea where I can get some? I had thought I might just bead my existing ones or replace the elastic with ribbon.
Camber was THAT energising! I think mine was on sale (typical for me :rofl: ) - probably Dunnes (do you have that over there?) or Primark. there were several variations with it - a diamante, flowers, the clear plastic ones, all in the one pack - and they are the sort of universal hooks so you could use on them on any multiway.

Lory
13th-August-2007, 06:10 PM
I'm frustrated :tears:

I need some new dance trousers... so I do a bit of googling and find just what i'm looking for :yum: :clap:

http://www.la2uk.com/catalogue/ladies+trousers

Then I look at the sizes and discover that 10-12 and in some cases 8-10, is the largest size they do in the styles I like :tears:

Didn't I read somewhere that the average UK woman is size 16?

Even if I had no fat left on my bones, i'd still be bigger than a size 10 :angry:

Caz
13th-August-2007, 06:28 PM
e-bay have some wicked clothes on! :D

drathzel
13th-August-2007, 06:33 PM
i need some nice clothes for dancing and for non dancing stuff. All my clothes look old and ragged. I need some nice stuff but nothing is taking my fancy at the minute so if anyone comes across some stuff thats very "drathzel" then let me know!

Caz
13th-August-2007, 06:57 PM
i need some nice clothes for dancing and for non dancing stuff. All my clothes look old and ragged. I need some nice stuff but nothing is taking my fancy at the minute so if anyone comes across some stuff thats very "drathzel" then let me know!

Not met you yet but if you let me know what kind of stuff is "drathzel" then i can look out for you! :flower:

fletch
13th-August-2007, 10:35 PM
I have had a few things from

Raylia Designs (http://www.rayliadesigns.com)

I know some can look like maid of honor :what: :blush: but they also do some nice girlie frocks for special 'do's' :flower:

I have a few thing I realy like, the dress I wore to Twyford on Sauturday is nice the photo's are on Alex web site, I aslo have a denim trouser suit which was made to comemorate 'play boy's 25 years' problem is when they are quite different you carn't wear them very much cos people will say 'she got that dress on again' :sick:

:flower:

LemonCake
13th-August-2007, 10:57 PM
I have ordered two (yes two :clap: ) pairs of spangly dance shoes from Heavenly :clap: :clap: :clap: and agonised long and hard over what colours to choose. (the Master Plan nearly went out of the window when I walked into the shop - couldn't believe the range of sparkles and glitter and colour!). Anyway, I was controlled enough to order one silver pair to go with most dance things I own, but for the other I succumbed to temptation and went purple & glittery. It is a strange fact that although my favourite colour is purple and about half my clothes are shades of lavender/purple, not one of my dance skirts is truly purple. In the last week I've been looking EVERYWHERE for a nice purple/lavender swirly skirt but not one is to be found! Not even in regular stock (usually I am a strict sale-shopper, for reasons of economy and proliferation - I can have more if it's cheaper!). I am either going to have to resort to sewing classes and making my own, or buying white and dyeing it.

It's not helped by the fact that I'm a fussy madam and it has to be just right AND £10 or under :rolleyes: (my most complimented dance skirt was £3 in the Next Clearance sale)

Twirly
14th-August-2007, 11:16 AM
LC - learn to sew, it makes life so much easier.

I can knock a pair of linen trousers that would cost £50 plus in the shops for less than a tenner. Best places to buy fabric tend to be markets (I usually go to Brixton - am sure there must be places up north), and they do often have the most amazing fabrics (often left-over rolls of things that you see made-up in the shops) at knock-down prices. You get to chose colour, style, length and most importantly fit. Having said that, I haven't actually done much sewing of late - been too busy dancing!

Beowulf
14th-August-2007, 11:43 AM
Having said that, I haven't actually done much sewing of late - been too busy dancing!

And travelling.. don't forget the travelling :rolleyes: :wink: :na:

Twirly
14th-August-2007, 11:55 AM
And travelling.. don't forget the travelling :rolleyes: :wink: :na:

How could I forget! But it's more the dancing - too knackered after a night out when I do theoretically have time on a weekend.. :blush:

Sparkles
14th-August-2007, 11:58 AM
I would always recommend Chrisanne (http://www.chrisanne.co.uk) for dancing clothes, but I'm not sure of their sizing guide and they are fairly pricey - having said that their stuff always fits and moves beautifully and it lasts for ages.

Mini Mac
14th-August-2007, 01:31 PM
I have had a few things from

Raylia Designs (http://www.rayliadesigns.com)

I know some can look like maid of honor :what: :blush: but they also do some nice girlie frocks for special 'do's' :flower:

I have a few thing I realy like, the dress I wore to Twyford on Sauturday is nice the photo's are on Alex web site, I aslo have a denim trouser suit which was made to comemorate 'play boy's 25 years' problem is when they are quite different you carn't wear them very much cos people will say 'she got that dress on again' :sick:

your playboy suit is amazing fletch!!!!! :awe:

LemonCake
14th-August-2007, 07:26 PM
LC - learn to sew, it makes life so much easier.

I can knock a pair of linen trousers that would cost £50 plus in the shops for less than a tenner. Best places to buy fabric tend to be markets (I usually go to Brixton - am sure there must be places up north), and they do often have the most amazing fabrics (often left-over rolls of things that you see made-up in the shops) at knock-down prices. You get to chose colour, style, length and most importantly fit. Having said that, I haven't actually done much sewing of late - been too busy dancing!

I know, I know! I really want to learn to sew and nearly bought a sewing machine recently. I did actually have sewing lessons at school (rare to find a school with a sewing room any more, I know) so I'm not a complete novice, just very out of practice. I'm more into knitting at the moment but while it's great for baby jackets it's not so useful for swirly skirts!

Have found a white linen skirt (£2) which I plan to dye purple/add beads to.

The shoes arrived today and are REALLY sparkly and lovely! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

drathzel
16th-August-2007, 04:28 PM
I went out today with the aim of doing some work stuff! Yet i ended up going for lunch with my sister and then shopping. I got lots of vouchers for my birthday and have found nothing to spend them on, until today! I went into a shop called exhibit (only in NI and Newcastle) and bought two new fabby tops for £13! Both can be used casual/dance/dressy i was soooo chuft!

Lynn
16th-August-2007, 04:52 PM
I went out today with the aim of doing some work stuff! Yet i ended up going for lunch with my sister and then shopping. I got lots of vouchers for my birthday and have found nothing to spend them on, until today! I went into a shop called exhibit (only in NI and Newcastle) and bought two new fabby tops for £13! Both can be used casual/dance/dressy i was soooo chuft!So are you going to wear one tonight? I can't wait to wear new stuff.

I popped into a shopping centre at lunchtime on Mon and got two pairs of linen trousers for £12 (BOGOF). Its great getting a bargain.

I think my best bargain was my outfit for the party on Sat - nothing new, stuff I'd had a while but a beach wrap £2 and top £1, both Primark! And it has given me a new range of 'dance clothes' without having to buy anything new as I really liked dancing in the wrap skirt. I tend to wear flowy skirts, but a shorter straight skirt with a split or wrap is quite feasible for dancing. Now which should I wear tonight?!

drathzel
16th-August-2007, 04:57 PM
So are you going to wear one tonight? I can't wait to wear new stuff.

I tend to wear flowy skirts, but a shorter straight skirt with a split or wrap is quite feasible for dancing. Now which should I wear tonight?!

i am contemplating it! probably wear the one which is less likely to come undone during class! now do i wear it with trousers or jeans! Oh and i have eye shadow to match it too

you could wear the short one and give our men a scare! "lynn in a short skirt twice in one week" i can just hear them now!

Lynn
16th-August-2007, 05:02 PM
i am contemplating it! probably wear the one which is less likely to come undone during class! now do i wear it with trousers or jeans! Oh and i have eye shadow to match it too The guys would prob prefer you wear the other one...:rolleyes:

you could wear the short one and give our men a scare! "lynn in a short skirt twice in one week" i can just hear them now!My legs are scary?! :tears: OK - will maybe wear one of my short straight casual summer ones. And bring trousers to change into if I scare anyone too much!

drathzel
16th-August-2007, 05:07 PM
The guys would prob prefer you wear the other one...:rolleyes:

My legs are scary?! :tears: OK - will maybe wear one of my short straight casual summer ones. And bring trousers to change into if I scare anyone too much!

dont go there, it has been suggested that i wear something more revealing by a few blokes i have encountered on the scene! Apparently i might get more men attending my class!!!!!

no just scaring that you are getting them out twice in one week! I mean i honestly cant think when the last time i saw you in a short skirt was!

drathzel
16th-August-2007, 11:42 PM
New top worked well! No spilages!

although lynn did change out of her skirt at the beginners freestyle! even though i tried to talk her out of it!

Lynn
17th-August-2007, 12:33 AM
New top worked well! No spilages! Your new top was lovely.

although lynn did change out of her skirt at the beginners freestyle! even though i tried to talk her out of it!
I felt all shy in my wee skirt. :blush:

rubyred
17th-August-2007, 01:05 AM
I felt all shy in my wee skirt. :blush:
How wee is wee Lynn? SOD IT we're only here for a short time go for it?:nice: :nice: :wink: :wink: :D :D

Caz
17th-August-2007, 07:33 AM
:yeah: to Rubyred's post!

The shorter the skirt the better.... I have also noticed that the shorter your skirt the more dances you seem to get at some venues :whistle:

fletch
17th-August-2007, 07:41 AM
:yeah: to Rubyred's post!

The shorter the skirt the better.... I have also noticed that the shorter your skirt the more dances you seem to get at some venues :whistle:

and the lower the top :wink:

isn't the rule 'tits' or 'arsse' not both :na:

:D

Lynn
17th-August-2007, 09:29 AM
How wee is wee Lynn? SOD IT we're only here for a short time go for it?:nice: :nice: :wink: :wink: :D :DNot that short! Perfectly modest, and fine for a freestyle, I just went off being in a skirt mood.

Might bring the 'beach wrap' to SP though as it was a nice to dance in and will be easy to pack.

Connie
17th-August-2007, 12:25 PM
I've got a gift card to Christiane Odette, and I've got my eye one one of these two dresses.

I think this one is going to be my 1'st choice: dresses.com - Pasa Doble (http://www.dresses.com/order/1134.html) I just love the back on this dress.

Second choice I think would be: dresses.com - Cocktail Dresses 24 (http://www.dresses.com/cocktail24.html)

Uh I dunno, I want both of them

Yliander
17th-August-2007, 12:28 PM
I've got a gift card to Christiane Odette, and I've got my eye one one of these two dresses.

I think this one is going to be my 1'st choice: dresses.com - Pasa Doble (http://www.dresses.com/order/1134.html) I just love the back on this dress.

Second choice I think would be: dresses.com - Cocktail Dresses 24 (http://www.dresses.com/cocktail24.html)

Uh I dunno, I want both of themOoo beautiful dresses!!!
I want!!!!

having a look around at the rest of the dresses all the models seem to have stand alone breasts - not sure how some of the dresses would work with out them....

Twirly
17th-August-2007, 12:35 PM
Ooo beautiful dresses!!!
I want!!!!

having a look around at the rest of the dresses all the models seem to have stand alone breasts - not sure how some of the dresses would work with out them....

:yeah:

:rofl: I noticed that too - very slim models, but very uhm, enhanced!

Connie
17th-August-2007, 12:41 PM
She makes beautiful clothes, I've got quite a few of her dresses over the years. However she does have a funny idea of "sports wear" No-one but no-one could do ANY sport in those tops!

And as for her see through lace wedding dress :really: Would you really want your guests at your wedding to see you were wearing no undies

Twirly
17th-August-2007, 12:45 PM
She makes beautiful clothes, I've got quite a few of her dresses over the years. However she does have a funny idea of "sports wear" No-one but no-one could do ANY sport in those tops!

:rofl: No - but I'll be that the men would like to see someone trying!

Connie
17th-August-2007, 12:46 PM
:rofl: No - but I'll be that the men would like to see someone trying!

Surely not :innocent:

Husky_Cat
17th-August-2007, 03:19 PM

Uh I dunno, I want both of them

Ooooh gorgeous dresses on there!! and some suitable for me hmmm, but the only problem i have is , are the sizes reliable since it is US sizes ?? like you know some shops here 's sizes are not always the same as other shops.

Still... they are gorgeous but do have to admit that SOME of the dresses are just plain very revealing!

Connie
17th-August-2007, 04:00 PM
Ooooh gorgeous dresses on there!! and some suitable for me hmmm, but the only problem i have is , are the sizes reliable since it is US sizes ?? like you know some shops here 's sizes are not always the same as other shops.

I've found the size very reliable (once you done the conversaion from Us size to UK size. If nothing the dresses have been slightly larger than the UK equivelant. However they have exchanged one item I purchased to a different size, without charging me shipping. When I bought a bridesmaid dress from them I had them alter it to my specific measurements, and the charge wasn't much more than £15 as far as I remember.

Husky_Cat
17th-August-2007, 04:19 PM
Oh thank you Connie for replying back, that is good to know as i did spot a gorgeous dress there that would be perfect for all occassions since i possible have a wedding coming up next year.

:D :D

Connie
17th-August-2007, 04:56 PM
Oh thank you Connie for replying back, that is good to know as i did spot a gorgeous dress there that would be perfect for all occassions since i possible have a wedding coming up next year.

:D :D

Uh show us the link. We wanna see

Husky_Cat
17th-August-2007, 06:15 PM
oh either this dresses.com - Cocktail Dresses 9 (http://www.dresses.com/cocktail9.html) or dresses.com - Cocktail Dresses 21 (http://www.dresses.com/cocktail21.html)

Like them both as they are not just one colour, and they have additional bits to them.

what do you think?

Tiggerbabe
17th-August-2007, 06:27 PM
I prefer the first one, you'd suit it :)

Husky_Cat
17th-August-2007, 09:14 PM
Aww thanks Sheena, :hug:

I will have to ask my mum and sister if either one is suitable for my sis's wedding :D

and it is suitable for all occassions after all. My husband likes the second one black one better. i am torn between them so waiting to see other people's opinions first :wink:

LemonCake
18th-August-2007, 04:08 PM
Well I got the purple sparkly top from eBay through the post this morning and it's exactly the right colour for my sparkly Heavenly shoes (see here (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/land-1000-dances/13584-dance-shoe.html)) AND another pair of non-dance shoes ( :really: yes such a thing does exist! :rolleyes: ) - so really it's two for the price of one!

Will be wearing them to the Rutherglen party tonight, with a skirt that was bought last year but hasn't been worn yet. New clothes are SO much fun! :clap:

Lynn
4th-September-2007, 11:15 PM
In my continued attempts to extend my dance wardrobe without having to spend any money (as am totally broke at the moment!) - what about dancing in shorts? I have a nice denim pair I bought this summer and I thought they would be comfortable and cool to dance in. Anyone dance in shorts?

Just trying to think of 'new' combinations for Southport!

Lory
4th-September-2007, 11:44 PM
In my continued attempts to extend my dance wardrobe without having to spend any money (as am totally broke at the moment!) - what about dancing in shorts? I have a nice denim pair I bought this summer and I thought they would be comfortable and cool to dance in. Anyone dance in shorts?

I've seen people in denim shorts with black 3/4 length leggins under, which looks quite trendy.. although, they might be a bit hot

rubyred
4th-September-2007, 11:55 PM
I've seen people in denim shorts with black 3/4 length leggins under, which looks quite trendy.. although, they might be a bit hot

:yeah:

I think that look is nice, the leggins or even footless tights could add a little style and they aren't too dear.

Just seen Connie's link to the dresses catalogue they are stunning I like cocktail dress 30 and 35 the latter would be great for tango

Whitebeard
5th-September-2007, 12:27 AM

Are they proper shorts, or those 'orrible somewhere round the knee length ones ?

Couple of times recently I've seen young ladies, and I think that's pretty advisable, sporting what were some time ago known as hot pants. As short as can be, sharply tailored, firmly fitting, and very, very, distracting. Even I, in my dotage, salivate! Is this just a couple of beauties independent enough to play to their assets; or is it just a fashion trend? Whatever, be aware that, as the years advance, it is advisable to expose less.

At least, in general, women show more dress sense than men: a prominent beer belly, below knee 'shorts', skinny hairy yucky white legs, no socks, clumpy black trainers, do these 'blokes' have no self image?

Tiggerbabe
5th-September-2007, 01:04 AM
Anyone dance in shorts?
Me :D. Shorts and boots, shorts and footless tights, shorts and fishnets..........

ducasi
5th-September-2007, 08:50 AM
I've got some new clothes – two spectacularly cool new shirts for the competition on Saturday.

I promise not to wear them with shorts. :)

Lynn
5th-September-2007, 10:52 AM
I've seen people in denim shorts with black 3/4 length leggins under, which looks quite trendy.. although, they might be a bit hotI don't think I'm trendy enough. :(

Are they proper shorts, or those 'orrible somewhere round the knee length ones ?
They are denim and fitted, not big baggy ones!

I think that look is nice, the leggins or even footless tights could add a little style and they aren't too dear.

Might try them with footless tights to see what they look like but I prefer bare legs if dancing. And I'm short, so footless tights and shorts might make my legs look even shorter! :tears:

Me :D. Shorts and boots, shorts and footless tights, shorts and fishnets.......... I would wear boots with them to arrive in. The fishnets sound fun...

I'll maybe bring them to Southport and try them out there (before I unleash my legs on the NI venues!)

drathzel
5th-September-2007, 03:17 PM
I'll maybe bring them to Southport and try them out there (before I unleash my legs on the NI venues!)

:yeah::wink:

rubyred
5th-September-2007, 05:24 PM
hot pants.

Oh yes I wore these :wink:and and had two hot pants suits, the pants and the jackets to match, one dark blue and one light blue in shiny satin material.:waycool::D My mate was sick of the jacket riding up on hers suit exposing her tummy, [wouldn't be problem now]:rolleyes: so she sewed the bottom of the jacket to the waist band of her hot pants, only realised that this was not a good idea when she needed the loo.:eek::eek:

As for cutting down on exposure when you get older, I thought that guy on tele who had a series which encouraged women to love their bodies was just so lovely, he made all women, shapely, slim, old and young feel really good about themselves and improved their confidence. My moto is if you feel ok then do it, but do it with style, elegance and chic.