PDA

View Full Version : Colon Cancer Concern Charity Ball

Twinkle Toes
11th-May-2005, 03:23 AM
Hi folks,
just to let you all know, I have organised a Charity Ball, in aid of Colon Cancer Concern - Scotland.
The date for the Charity Ball is Saturday 4th June, (8pm-1pm)
at the Baron Hall, Edinburgh Corn Exchange, Chesser Ave, Edinburgh.

This is a fantastic venue, large dance floor, plenty seating, bar and loads of free parking. It is also easy to find - See attached map.

Cost is £10 per ticket, and can be purchased from several dancers - or you can send me a pm.

Our very own Dance Demon will be on the decks, so Dress to Impress and be ready to be swept off your feet by some fabby dancers. (Male and female) We also have several slaves lined up for you to bid on, who have graciously agreed to give up their time for a whole four hours! :eek: :yum: :drool:

So please all come along and support this worthwhile cause, your support is greatly appreciated.

:cheers:

TT xx

Twinkle Toes
24th-May-2005, 05:01 PM
Hi folks,
just to let you all know, I have organised a Charity Ball, in aid of Colon Cancer Concern - Scotland.
The date for the Charity Ball is Saturday 4th June, (8pm-1pm)
at the Baron Hall, Edinburgh Corn Exchange, Chesser Ave, Edinburgh.

This is a fantastic venue, large dance floor, plenty seating, bar and loads of free parking. It is also easy to find - See attached map.

Cost is £10 per ticket, and can be purchased from several dancers - or you can send me a pm.

Our very own Dance Demon will be on the decks, so Dress to Impress and be ready to be swept off your feet by some fabby dancers. (Male and female) We also have several slaves lined up for you to bid on, who have graciously agreed to give up their time for a whole four hours! :eek: :yum: :drool:

So please all come along and support this worthwhile cause, your support is greatly appreciated.

TT xx
For those of you who missed the posting earlier this month, above are the details.

Tickets are selling well, and we have people coming from all over Scotland - Are there any southerners interested ? If so please pm me for tickets.

Also, many thanks to all those who have already pledged their support. :clap:

Lana x

Lindsay
30th-May-2005, 01:13 PM
This is a fantastic venue, large dance floor, plenty seating, bar and loads of free parking.

Can vouch for that- brilliant venue!
Looking forward to it, hear it's nearly a sell-out! :cheers:

Twinkle Toes
30th-May-2005, 07:21 PM
Hi Folks,
for those who haven't managed to get a hold of tickets, I shall be at ceroc tonight and on Thursday in Edinburgh and Tim will be at ceroc on Tuesday in Stockbridge and Irene in Stirling, also on Tuesday.
And if those Dundonians and Weigies think they are getting off with it, I have a surprise for you all before the weeks out !!! :D

... and for the southerners who have pm'd me, I shall look forward to seeing you all.

Many thanks,

Lana x

drathzel
30th-May-2005, 11:14 PM
Really looking forward to it!

How "dressy" is it going to be? :hug:

Twinkle Toes
31st-May-2005, 09:04 AM
Really looking forward to it!

How "dressy" is it going to be? :hug:

I think it is going to be quite mixed.

Just wear whatever you feel comfortable in, with the exclusion of jeans !

I'm sure you will manage that no problem ! :wink:

Look forward to seeing you.

Lana :hug:

ducasi
5th-June-2005, 11:26 AM
That was a most excellent night! Thanks Lana for organising it, I had a great time!
:clap: :clap: :clap:
You can read more (http://ducasi.org/blog/2005/06/05/charity-dancing-at-the-corn-exchange/) about how the night went for me on my blog. (http://ducasi.org/blog/)

McJester
5th-June-2005, 05:03 PM
I'll second it... very good night.... plus it was really good to dance with so many new people, must try and get over to Edinburgh more often

drathzel
5th-June-2005, 09:55 PM
Well done Lana and Tim!!! :clap: :flower:

It really was a brilliant night. The hall was gorgeous and the music throughout the whole night was the best i have heard in ages.... well done DD :hug:

RoyBoy
5th-June-2005, 10:19 PM
An exceptional night, great venue, superb music (don’t expect anything less from the one and only ‘DD’). Soooooooooo many fabulous dances with all ma bonnie Scots lassie’s. Well worth the 8 hour round trip.

Well done Lana, excellent organisation. Thanks for the blue sash – ensured I got plenty of dances.

And to top it all, ITS SOUTHPORT this weekend so I get to do it all again X3

Aaaahhh life can be so good sometimes.

Dave Hancock
6th-June-2005, 12:38 PM
Although I was feeling a bit down after a big night before I still managed to have a fantastic time. The music was very good and varied (although a bit more blues at the end is as always the main request!!).

Thought the dancers for hire did well and the slaves idea shall be interesting. No idea what is in store for me, but am already scheming for the lovely Heather whom I bought at an exceptionally good price and whom shall undoubtedly prove to be value for money :rofl:

Aleks
6th-June-2005, 01:40 PM
I congratulated the organisers in person on the fab night..... Thank you for all your efforts - my feet are only just recovered. I was a bit worried at the beginning that no-one would pay for my blue-sash services, but after a slow start was dancing all night.

Does anyone know how much we raised yet?

Twinkle Toes
6th-June-2005, 02:31 PM
I congratulated the organisers in person on the fab night..... Thank you for all your efforts - my feet are only just recovered. I was a bit worried at the beginning that no-one would pay for my blue-sash services, but after a slow start was dancing all night.

Does anyone know how much we raised yet?

Glad you all enjoyed yourselves, it really was a terrific night, wasn't it ? I was very pleased with the positive response I got, especially about the venue.
Tim is still counting the money, but as soon as we have the final figure, I shall post it on the forum.

Thanks to all who came along and supported it - all 140 dancers. To Our one and only Dance Demon, who's groovy music kept them all on the floor till 1am and to Brady & Lindsay who done a fab fun class.
To my blue ribbon dancers, thanks a bunch, :flower:
your dancing skills were greatly appreciated.
and to the slaves who have yet to fulfill their duties - my commiserations ! :D

Lana x :cheers: :clap:

Dance Demon
6th-June-2005, 06:00 PM
The music was very good and varied (although a bit more blues at the end is as always the main request!!).

Would always love to oblige you on this Dave, but on a night when there is only one room for dancing, you have to satisfy the majority. I did try to play some more mellow stuff in the last hour though. If you can stay up past 3am at Southport, I'll treat you to some good blues room stuff.... :waycool:

azande
6th-June-2005, 09:56 PM
If you can stay up past 3am at Southport, I'll treat you to some good blues room stuff.... :waycool:

You bet!! :D

Great night Lana, and a big thank you to all the ladies who paid to dance with me!!

Lindsay
6th-June-2005, 09:57 PM
Although I was feeling a bit down after a big night ....

Really? Please share this one with the forum :D :wink:

Fab night Lana & Tim - superb organisation, lovely venue and fab music :clap: :worthy:

Bombay Sapphire
7th-June-2005, 07:54 AM
:yeah:

Well done to Lana & Tim. :flower: :flower:

All of your hard work paid off. :worthy: :worthy:

A marvellous venue and a superb night. :cheers:

Thank you to all of the ladies that paid to dance with me,
I hope you all had your money's worth. :devil: :devil:

Like Dave H I won the Auction, for the lovely Gill. :drool:

Now all I have to do is decide what to do with her ( or to Her???)
for 4 hours?

Any suggestions from the forumites!!!.
Wait I feel a new Thread coming on. :D :D

Be afraid Gill, Very Afraid.

:rofl: :rofl:

Twinkle Toes
21st-June-2005, 12:31 AM
Many Many Thanks

To all who contributed ( In money or time.)

To the Colon Cancer Charity Ball

£1800 was the total money raised. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Your contributions are greatly appreciated. :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Lana x :hug: :flower:

ps. A special thank you to Franck, for allowing me to plug the event on the forum and was also very generous in paying for 7 buskers to come along to the Ball. :cheers: :hug: