PDA

View Full Version : Salford - near Manchester

Dreadful Scathe
10th-May-2005, 09:23 PM
Its home to a mediocre football team and is North of Manchester.

but is there any dancing nearby...bearing in mind I never travel with a car.

ta folks :)

zed-zero
15th-May-2005, 11:15 AM
Try the Longfield suite in Prestwich on mondays. its just opposite prestwich met station.

or

also on mondays theres dancing at the Masonic Hall on Hospital Road in Swinton

hope this helps

RoyBoy
19th-May-2005, 06:12 PM
It is now home to a mediocre football team that is about to drown in a see of debt.

However, Prestwitch is the place to go on Monday's.
I'm currently bunking in the Salford area, so let me know if you need a lift.

Dreadful Scathe
31st-May-2005, 10:26 AM
hey roy :)

Im back down this week and went to the Swinton club last night - i got in late and it was almost right next to my hotel, was a pretty good night.

Tonight Im off to Atherton - anyone going to be there ? Roy ?

RoyBoy
31st-May-2005, 10:53 AM
Scathe , my dear Blue friend,

Tonight I will be heading to Bowden, Altringham. Its busy, HOT, sticky floor, but its got that magic ingredient - it BuZzzzes with lots of good dancers.

If you're not already committed, let me know where you’re staying and I'll pick you up.

Dreadful Scathe
31st-May-2005, 11:13 AM
you're on then :) Im in the Travel Inn in Swinton - ill PM my mobile number to you

apologies then to the talkative chap from last night who I said I'd see at Atherton but I do prefer going with someone who knows where they are going :)

Dreadful Scathe
1st-June-2005, 11:44 AM
Bowden was very good. Yes it was hot but Ive had worse. I was mostly rubbish at dancing but I am out of practice :) Music was pretty decent, so Ill restrict the complaints purely to my own dancing :) I quite liked the teachers style, although he was a bit fast for some - he varied between walkthroughs, dancing to a count and trying to music very quickly and the majority did seem pick it up ok and this was a hall of about 100 or so.