PDA

View Full Version : Where to go in the West Midlands

Sarah W
10th-May-2005, 04:22 PM
I am moving to Coventry in the next few months.

Does anyone know any good places to go and dance in Coventry or Birmingham? :grin:

MartinHarper
10th-May-2005, 04:28 PM
Ceroc South Birmingham (http://www.cerocsb.co.uk/) are competent. Modern music. DJ with street cred. Teacher with sense of humour.

Clive Long
10th-May-2005, 04:43 PM

Commiserations in order?

Ceroc South Birmingham are competent. << snip >>.

A ringing endorsement there Martin. :whistle:
Brave.

Cruella
10th-May-2005, 04:51 PM

Does anyone know any good places to go and dance in Coventry or Birmingham? :grin:
Yes some great venues, go to ceroc central website via main ceroc site. Daventry freestyles are the best around this area usually with over 300 attending. Next big one is 9th July, Dirty Dancing theme. Not to be missed. :grin:

Little Em
10th-May-2005, 05:34 PM
or you could come to Rugby on a regular basis... only 15 mins from coventry ! :D

then to daventry for emma p's big events !!!

Rugby is lovely dance floor...... fairly new venue, but we have good numbers , and people travel from quite far, so we cant be that bad!! :wink:

Sarah W
10th-May-2005, 07:51 PM
Thank you all very much, it's a great help to have places recommended.

I'll be living Rugby side of Coventry so will definately check out the Rugby venue....and all the others! I'm not addicted, honest! :D

Jive Brummie
10th-May-2005, 11:35 PM
Ceroc South Birmingham (http://www.cerocsb.co.uk/) are competent. Modern music. DJ with street cred. Teacher with sense of humour.

:yeah:

The family 'Bragg' run the show here and are well worth a visit.

Andy, (the teacher :wink: ) is fantastic. Extremely entertaining, while still being extremely good at teaching.

Good venues and nice dancers...

Get yourself along.

J.

MartinHarper
11th-May-2005, 12:23 AM
A ringing endorsement there Martin. :whistle:
Brave.

I'm not the sort of person to post drool smileys at the drop of a hat. Andy's a solid Ceroc teacher, and a good entertainer. He's not as good, in my opinion, as (say) Johnny Lloyd. Accordingly, I'm not going to use words like "excellent" (of the highest or finest quality; exceptionally good of its kind) or "fantastic" (wonderful or superb; remarkable).

As for "brave"... huh? What exactly am I risking here?

Jive Brummie
11th-May-2005, 10:40 PM
I'm not the sort of person to post drool smileys at the drop of a hat. Andy's a solid Ceroc teacher, and a good entertainer. He's not as good, in my opinion, as (say) Johnny Lloyd. Accordingly, I'm not going to use words like "excellent" (of the highest or finest quality; exceptionally good of its kind) or "fantastic" (wonderful or superb; remarkable).

As for "brave"... huh? What exactly am I risking here?

Well, I'm very pleased for you that you don't 'lower' yourself to praise those worthy of it by using such generous terminology.

As a Ceroc teacher myself, being trained up by Mr Bragg on my intermediate course at the 'ceroc-boot-camp' everyone has such in depth knowledge of, I can honestly say, hand on heart that Andy is a wonderful, superb; remarkable teacher and someone I personally look up to. People could learn a lot from Andy including his sense of honesty, his social grace and his integrity.

Although i appreciate that public forum's are just that, and much, if not all of the writings there upon are personal opinion, but I do object to having posts represented in a derogatory manor and/or tone.

Sorry, I just think it's rude....

Personal opinion of course.

:) :nice: :wink: ;) :na: :grin: :waycool: :cool: :o :sick: :blush: :what: :confused: :rolleyes: :whistle: :innocent: :eek: :really: :( :tears: :sad: :drool: :yum: :mad: :devil: :angry: :worthy: :rofl: :flower: :clap: :cheers: :hug: :kiss: :yeah:

DavidY
11th-May-2005, 11:18 PM
Sarah,

Like little-em I'm often to be found at Rugby :clap: - see you there if you go.

I work in Coventry and there's a wide choice in the area. As well as the two Ceroc South Birmingham venues (one of which is confusingly on the North side of Birmingham), there's a different franchise running a venue in Birmingham city centre, also yet another Ceroc franchise running nights at Solihull, Leamington Spa and Coventry (www.ceroclspa.co.uk). There are also various Blitz (http://www.blitzjive.com/) nights around. And some other independent venues around too.

I agree that Andy Bragg's a good teacher from what I've seen. Also you generally get good music at the South Birmingham venues.

It's a bit further afield but when I can make it, I try and get across to Northampton on a Tuesday night - Emma Pettitt :worthy: usually teaches & Rob Ambridge usually plays good music too.

So lots of places to try...

MartinHarper
11th-May-2005, 11:43 PM
I do object to having posts represented in a derogatory manner and/or tone.

Tone is notoriously difficult to convey on the internet. When I commented that I would not use words such as "excellent" or "fantastic" to describe Andy, I did not intend to imply that anyone who used those words to describe him was a blithering moron or a compulsive liar. I was simply clarifying my opinion. That is why I wrote this:

in my opinion

I hope that clears things up.