PDA

View Full Version : I can't hold out any longer...

TheTramp
29th-November-2002, 02:28 PM
I just have to ask.

What is the Accordion Comb Pull Crab?

And can someone please demonstrate it for me!

Steve

DavidB
29th-November-2002, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp
What is the Accordion Comb Pull Crab?It was devised by a hairdresser and part-time folk musician with a crustacean fetish.

Start standing very close together. Keeping your feet where they are, lean away from each other, and then get close again. The advanced version includes body rolls, and tapping your fingers on your partners back. Repeat a couple of times, and on the last lean away, step back and finish with a return straight into a comb. Milk the comb for all its worth (a la Franck), then sharply pull the lady to stand in front of you, both facing the same way. Hold for a beat, and then start walking sideways.

TheTramp
29th-November-2002, 02:50 PM
Ummm. And will you and Lily demonstrate this next time I see you then David?? :wink:

Not a bad start. Any other offers??

Steve

Franck
29th-November-2002, 02:59 PM

And can someone please demonstrate it for me!Tricky to demo online, and I am nowhere good enough with Flash or animated gifs, so here is a quick description (walk through):

Start like normal accordion ( RH to RH, lady turns ACW, step to the left offering RH under. Pull down with LH as you travel behind your partner, Ladies travel CW in front of the men Left arm ends up into half Nelson behind her back. Comb with your right hand. Step to the left as you pull the lady to the right behind you. Let go with LH and immediately offer it in front of you by your right hip. Lady catch the hand and then either finish with a turn or repeat.

Clear as mud! :nice:

Franck.

TheTramp
29th-November-2002, 03:01 PM
Sorry.

I think that David's offering sounds more plausible. It's the walking sideways that got him the points.

Although, after seeing them both demonstated, I might change my mind.

Any further offers on how the move might be??

Steve

Emma
31st-July-2003, 02:38 PM
I *did* an accordion comb pull crab last night!!

When the teacher announced it, I was so excited *lol*

(Clearly I am easily roused...)

:grin:

Chicklet
31st-July-2003, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Emma
I *did* an accordion comb pull crab last night!!

When the teacher announced it, I was so excited *lol*

(Clearly I am easily roused...)

:grin:

And I started a whole new thread speshalleee for confessions like this today !!!:D

Emma
31st-July-2003, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Chicklet
And I started a whole new thread speshalleee for confessions like this today !!!:D darling, couldn't possibly talk there, might be on topic!!

spindr
31st-July-2003, 05:20 PM
The accordion crab is a "boxy" version of the accordion, the lady basically does four sides of a box. Both partners basically face the same direction.

For example:
The first side she goes from right to left across in front of the man.
The second side there may be a slight step / adjustment backwards.
The third side she goes across from left to right behind the man. The
The fourth side there may be a slight step / adjustment forwards.

0). Man leads lady to step into his right side with left hands low and right hands high, as in a "normal accordion".
1). The man lead the lady to step forwards across him (his front) to that the lady goes into a hammerlock with her left-hand behind her back, lower right hands slightly. (This is a sort of mirror'd sway position, but with the hands behind the lady's back).
2). The man takes right-hands from in-front of his head to behind his neck.
3). Man leads lady across from his left side to his Right side, letting go of Left-hands when Lady on his Left, lower right hands slightly.
[The man can move across here to "help out" putting his left arm behind his back in a hammerlock, before letting go.]
4). Man takes up left hands under right hands again when Lady is on his Right-side, as he takes right hands high (above/over lady's head).
5). Repeat as now at position 0).

CJ
31st-July-2003, 09:24 PM

And can someone please demonstrate it for me!

Steve

One of Chickie's faves.....

1) Get your partner on the floor and give tham a good squeeze, ease off pressure, then repeat as often as appropriate.

2) Run you fingers through hair... any will do!! Chrome domes need not be left out of this part...

3) You've pulled, mate... grab your coat!!

4) Get the immac to relieve the, em, itch.:D