PDA

View Full Version : Who's going to Southport? June 05

Lynn
10th-May-2005, 10:52 AM
Who's going?

Will we have another forumite reception?

And I won't be staying in the 'forumite area' (as will be with the rest of the NI crowd - 14 of us I think!) - but can I visit? :flower:

drathzel
10th-May-2005, 10:57 AM
Me! :D

Little Em
10th-May-2005, 11:24 AM
me too !!!

cant wait !!

never been to a weekend event before , and looking forward to dancing the nights away !! :D

Danielle
10th-May-2005, 11:30 AM
Me too!!!
am very very excited!
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Lory
10th-May-2005, 11:40 AM
but can I visit? :flower:
Hey you! What a question! :eek:

You'll be as welcome as the flowers in May! :flower: ANYTIME! :hug:

I can't wait! This weekend has really fired me up! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Lynn
10th-May-2005, 11:49 AM
Hey you! What a question! :eek:

You'll be as welcome as the flowers in May! :flower: ANYTIME! :hug: :hug: :flower: :hug:

azande
10th-May-2005, 11:49 AM
Aleks and me will be there.

under par
10th-May-2005, 11:59 AM
Mrs par and I will be there. :yeah:

Having just caught the weekender bug again at Camber we cannot wait for another 25 or so hours of freestyle....

I've just got to get all these shirts washed in time to go.. :flower:

Dreadful Scathe
10th-May-2005, 12:23 PM
me, Tweetie and baby smurf will be there :)

Mie
10th-May-2005, 12:24 PM
I'm coming too! :D

Just wish it wasn't a whole month away... :tears: But, perhaps it's a good thing. It will give my feet some well deserved healing time (they are covered in plasters after Camber...) and allow me time to try and improve my WCS somewhat before facing Jordan and Tatiana's workshops.

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!! YEY!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

See you all there!

Bardsey
10th-May-2005, 12:50 PM
I'm coming too! Wasn't supposed to be, but there was a spare place going in with my friends, so I let myself be persuaded (it was a very, very difficult decision :rofl: )

As someone else has done the booking this time, I haven't seen the programme, whats the theme this year for the Sat night?

Lynn
10th-May-2005, 01:04 PM
I'm coming too! :clap:
If there is a forumite gathering, any chance of more of those great badges? :flower:

As someone else has done the booking this time, I haven't seen the programme, whats the theme this year for the Sat night? Hot, hot, hot in Rio! Carnival atmosphere - bright colours! Does that mean I can't wear black? :rolleyes:

Bardsey
10th-May-2005, 01:22 PM
:clap:
If there is a forumite gathering, any chance of more of those great badges? :flower:

Okay, I'll get my printer cracking! So, Forumites, let me know if you want a badge(r) .....oh God, lets not start THAT again!

Hot, hot, hot in Rio! Carnival atmosphere - bright colours! Does that mean I can't wear black? :rolleyes:

Carnival? Bright colours??? I don't usually do bright! ( :rolleyes: ok, ok I know, don't even bother saying it!)

Dave Hancock
10th-May-2005, 01:59 PM
Jennifer, Brady and myself are all heading, can we all get badges Jill (and possibly a dance this time as well :flower: :hug: )

Bardsey
10th-May-2005, 02:07 PM
Jennifer, Brady and myself are all heading, can we all get badges Jill (and possibly a dance this time as well :flower: :hug: )

Yippee!!!! I'll hold you to that dance, mind you I always say that and then find I can't catch you :rofl: So be warned, my lad, you're card is marked! Be great to see you and Jennifer again. :kiss:

Dave Hancock
10th-May-2005, 02:27 PM
Yippee!!!! I'll hold you to that dance, mind you I always say that and then find I can't catch you :rofl: So be warned, my lad, you're card is marked! Be great to see you and Jennifer again. :kiss:

Just look in the blues room, shall be there from midnight till 4,5,6 (whenever I'm chucked out). Some very good DJ's in there I believe :waycool:

drathzel
10th-May-2005, 02:29 PM
Okay, I'll get my printer cracking! So, Forumites, let me know if you want a badge(r) .....oh God, lets not start THAT again!

Carnival? Bright colours??? I don't usually do bright! ( :rolleyes: ok, ok I know, don't even bother saying it!)

could i please have a badge. :flower: :hug:

Bardsey
10th-May-2005, 02:35 PM
Just look in the blues room, shall be there from midnight till 4,5,6 (whenever I'm chucked out). Some very good DJ's in there I believe :waycool:

Yes, I was in there til chucking out time last September. It was brill!

Okay, you're on the list!

azande
10th-May-2005, 02:36 PM

:yeah: .....but Blue this time? :wink: :D

Bardsey
10th-May-2005, 02:39 PM

Do Brady and Jennifer have avatars or shall I just put their names?

Bardsey
10th-May-2005, 02:40 PM
:yeah: .....but Blue this time? :wink: :D

Urmm .......mmmm........ok, I'll get it right this time (it was funny though, wasn't it?) :blush:

Dave Hancock
10th-May-2005, 03:15 PM
Yes, I was in there til chucking out time last September. It was brill!

Not on the Sunday night you weren't, I surely would've grabbed you then :hug:

Dreadful Scathe
10th-May-2005, 03:17 PM
Brady is the invisible man and Jeniifer was er..pooh bear or something wasnt she....i dunno - look it up :)

Can I get a badge please - mind you I think ill wear a t-shirt this time with some sort of smurf related picture...

drathzel
10th-May-2005, 03:18 PM
Brady is the invisible man and Jeniifer was er..pooh bear or something wasnt she....i dunno - look it up :)

Can I get a badge please - mind you I think ill wear a t-shirt this time with some sort of smurf related picture...

what ever you do dont be blue again. it may take some people a considerable amount of time to figure out what you actually look like in really life :whistle:

Lynn
10th-May-2005, 03:22 PM
Can I get a badge please - mind you I think ill wear a t-shirt this time with some sort of smurf related picture... I have a top with my forum avatar on it (that's why I chose that avatar actually!) - only problem is - its a pyjama top and is liliac! But maybe no-one would notice :rofl:

Dave Hancock
10th-May-2005, 03:29 PM
Brady is the invisible man

I can assure you there are times that I wish he was.. :rofl:

drathzel
10th-May-2005, 03:37 PM
maybe i should wear a sunflower....or not people might have hayfever and not want to dance with me :tears:

TheTramp
10th-May-2005, 03:53 PM
I'll be there....

As usual :D

Bardsey
10th-May-2005, 04:30 PM
Not on the Sunday night you weren't, I surely would've grabbed you then :hug:

No, it was the Saturday night! I was beat by the Sunday!

Brady doesn't have an avatar (guess that DOES make him the Invisible Man). I'll look at Jennifer's.

Cruella
10th-May-2005, 04:38 PM
I'm going. Can i have a badge too please? :flower: Looking forward to meeting more forumites :D Sounds like it's going to be fab weekend, lets hope we have good weather too. :waycool:

Danielle
10th-May-2005, 04:53 PM
Is it too soon to suggest another BBQ???? :D

I'll bring a couple a BBQ's and everyone can bring there ironing boards as before :wink:

Lynn
10th-May-2005, 04:58 PM
Is it too soon to suggest another BBQ???? :D I was thinking that a forumite BBQ would be great too - either on the beach or one of the lawns by the forum accomodation area?

drathzel
10th-May-2005, 05:04 PM
Is it too soon to suggest another BBQ???? :D

I'll bring a couple a BBQ's and everyone can bring there ironing boards as before :wink:

We had a christmas tree decorating bbq party, its never too early (mind we did nealy have a few accidents involving scarves and gloves!) :whistle:

Dance Demon
10th-May-2005, 05:11 PM
I'll be there..with Mrs DD of course.......
Looking forward to doing the early morning shifts in the Blues Room...... :waycool: :waycool: ....and meeting up with everyone again :clap: :clap:

DavidB
10th-May-2005, 05:24 PM
I definitely won't be there.

Dreadful Scathe
10th-May-2005, 09:14 PM
that was so blunt it was shocking :)

what are you doing thats better ? :)

angelique
10th-May-2005, 11:01 PM
I'll be there so may I request a badge please? :flower:

Looking forward to ctching up with more new faces :hug:

sassy1
11th-May-2005, 12:33 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

:grin: Yippee !!!!!

I am all booked up, my first time at Southport- now counting the days :flower:

Could I have a badge please - :clap: Thank you

TheTramp
11th-May-2005, 01:20 AM
Oh. Come on. You know you'll miss Crumpet with Sheena in my bed at 6am!!!

under par
11th-May-2005, 07:30 AM
Oh. Come on. You know you'll miss Crumpet with Sheena in my bed at 6am!!!

TRAMPY...you dark horse you.....

Miss Crumpet AND Sheena in your bed at 6 am .......got any photos?? :drool:

Monika
11th-May-2005, 08:18 AM
Sam & I will be there too. Really looking forward to it :clap: :)
Mon x

Danger Mouse
11th-May-2005, 08:37 AM
Well we (g/f & myself not Penfold incidently) had decided to give the June Southport a miss but having just had such a great time in Camber we've changed our minds and guess what?

I've just booked it up and "We're going" :cool:

Little Monkey
11th-May-2005, 12:20 PM
And me!!! :clap:

Going down with Maxx, Skippy and Yvonne - can't wait!

Oh, and badge, please? :flower:

Excited Little Monkey :D

Petal
11th-May-2005, 12:33 PM
Badges for me and peaches please. :flower:

This is my first venture down south, could someone tell me if you have to book workshops or can you just turn up at anything.

Don't know if we are in the formuite area, but we'll find you somehow.

drathzel
11th-May-2005, 12:43 PM
I am travelling down at lunch time on the friday from glasgow if anyone wants to hitch a lift! :D (truthfully i dont fancy the journey all alone :tears: )

Lynn
11th-May-2005, 12:50 PM
This is my first venture down south, could someone tell me if you have to book workshops or can you just turn up at anything.
You just turn up - but Jive Addiction normally send out a programme brochure a couple weeks beforehand - so you can plan ahead which workshops you want to go to.

Don't know if we are in the formuite area, but we'll find you somehow. The past two Southport weekenders there has been a forum gathering in one of the dance rooms which is great! Its right at the start of the weekend so a great way to meet other forumites - and that's where we wear our badges! Anyone know if there will be another forum reception this time?

And I think we might have a forum BBQ as well.

Dave Hancock
11th-May-2005, 01:03 PM
I am travelling down at lunch time on the friday from glasgow if anyone wants to hitch a lift! :D (truthfully i dont fancy the journey all alone :tears: )

I believe Jennifer and I are going down in the afternoon, not sure if B is coming with us, can try and organise something if you fancy.

After your car adventures on Sunday perhaps I could drive???

drathzel
11th-May-2005, 01:17 PM
I believe Jennifer and I are going down in the afternoon, not sure if B is coming with us, can try and organise something if you fancy.

After your car adventures on Sunday perhaps I could drive???

Sounds good :D .....

.......there is nothing wrong with my driving, just the car i choose to drive :whistle: :D

Dave Hancock
11th-May-2005, 01:21 PM
Bad tradesman and all that.... :whistle:

drathzel
11th-May-2005, 01:33 PM
Bad tradesman and all that.... :whistle:

:yum: when the tools cease up there is very little you can do but blame them :D

Dave Hancock
11th-May-2005, 01:37 PM
Yet more words of wisdom in your sign off - nice!

Bangers & Mash
11th-May-2005, 05:14 PM
I'll be there with Hayley again.

Did I see somebody printing badges? Can I have one please :cheers:

Groovy Dancer
11th-May-2005, 05:18 PM
.......there is nothing wrong with my driving, just the car i choose to drive :whistle:

I hope you are not planning to hijack anyone :eek: :wink:

will I get to meet you then? :flower: :kiss:
Ps Drathzel I mean you :D

Smooth

drathzel
11th-May-2005, 05:40 PM
I hope you are not planning to hijack anyone :eek: :wink:

will I get to meet you then? :flower: :kiss:
Ps Drathzel I mean you :D

Smooth

Nah, all my hijacking is being save for southport!

Yes i'll be there. I'll be the one wearing the Drathzel badge!!! (thanks to bardsley :flower: )

Lory
11th-May-2005, 05:44 PM
Now what shall I wear?

Decisions decisions! :rolleyes: :rofl:

Petal
11th-May-2005, 06:40 PM
You just turn up - but Jive Addiction normally send out a programme brochure a couple weeks beforehand - so you can plan ahead which workshops you want to go to.
The past two Southport weekenders there has been a forum gathering in one of the dance rooms which is great! Its right at the start of the weekend so a great way to meet other forumites - and that's where we wear our badges! Anyone know if there will be another forum reception this time?

And I think we might have a forum BBQ as well.

Thanks Lynn.

Ste
11th-May-2005, 10:32 PM
Any good teachers going?

Dance Demon
11th-May-2005, 11:26 PM
Any good teachers going?

You bet!!!!!.....have a look Here (www.jiveaddiction.com)

Wendy
11th-May-2005, 11:38 PM
Panther Boy (he'll be the one in pink pyjamas) and myself will be there.. :D

still haven't worked out how to dance all night and get to sleep with sore, tired and throbbing feet.. :sick:

Wx

Mr Fitz
11th-May-2005, 11:57 PM
I'll be there... :clap:

Erm,...it might be worth pointing out that Southport does in fact reside in the North of Englandshire :confused: (slightly confusing I know). Tis a mere 2 hour drive from Hadrian's Wall. You have no excuses for not being there...the natives are loads of fun and extremely friendly :flower:

Lynn
12th-May-2005, 10:29 AM
Now what shall I wear?

Decisions decisions! :rolleyes: :rofl: Yeah, I could just see us all in the blues room at 4am in those outfits :rofl:

Of course, we would have shed a few feathers by then! :wink:

Northants Girly
12th-May-2005, 10:58 AM
Yeah, I could just see us all in the blues room at 4am in those outfits :rofl:

Of course, we would have shed a few feathers by then! :wink:
What about this one? Its for sale on eBay (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5390882388&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1) now :D

drathzel
12th-May-2005, 11:02 AM
What about this one? Its for sale on eBay (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5390882388&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1) now :D

wow, very pretty! :flower:

Lynn
12th-May-2005, 11:17 AM
What about this one? Its for sale on eBay (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5390882388&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1) now :D Well it wouldn't do me - there's no black! :whistle: (Plus I'm too short :tears: )

drathzel
12th-May-2005, 11:21 AM
(Plus I'm too short :tears: )
:yeah: me too :tears:

Bardsey
12th-May-2005, 11:24 AM
(Plus I'm too short :tears: )

Well you know what they say.......good things come in small packages! :flower:

Lynn
12th-May-2005, 11:28 AM
Well you know what they say.......good things come in small packages! :flower: :hug: :flower:

Dance Demon
12th-May-2005, 03:29 PM
Well it wouldn't do me - there's no black! :whistle: (Plus I'm too short :tears: )

Lynn and Danielle both too short?.......must be an Irish thing :wink:

drathzel
12th-May-2005, 03:30 PM
Lynn and Danielle both too short?.......must be an Irish thing :wink:

thats your off my list for me lucky charms!!!!

Dance Demon
12th-May-2005, 03:50 PM
thats your off my list for me lucky charms!!!!

Oh sure & Bejabbers...don't be doin' that now me girl...... :na:

drathzel
12th-May-2005, 03:58 PM
Oh sure & Bejabbers...don't be doin' that now me girl...... :na:

ack to be sure, to be sure, i will

Sparkles
12th-May-2005, 04:21 PM
Saturday night party costumes are definitely becoming a worry :sick:
Anyone who knows me will also know I'm the first in line for any type of fancy dress :clap: :blush: but this one is really getting me stumped :sad:
More inspiration needed please, Lory :worthy:
:flower:
S. x

drathzel
12th-May-2005, 04:24 PM
is it a fancy dress? or just dressy dress? :hug:

Dreadful Scathe
12th-May-2005, 09:58 PM
i dont have a dress anymore - but i could borrow Dave Hancocks :)

MartinHarper
13th-May-2005, 12:37 PM
"no bare breasts"? What sort of rule is that?

spindr
13th-May-2005, 12:53 PM

One that encourages body paint? :)

Lory
13th-May-2005, 01:04 PM
:yeah:That's my costume idea out the window then :rolleyes: I was coming as a topless, fire eating, limbo dancer! :whistle:

I guess its back to the drawing board then! :tears: :wink:

drathzel
13th-May-2005, 01:43 PM
:yeah:That's my costume idea out the window then :rolleyes: I was coming as a topless, fire eating, limbo dancer! :whistle:

we could have had a double act!!!! :rofl:

No bare breasts does that mean no low cut tops/dresses? :hug:

Lynn
13th-May-2005, 01:46 PM
No bare breasts does that mean no low cut tops/dresses? :hug: I suppose it depends on how low cut it is! And I guess it means the guys can't come topless either!

drathzel
13th-May-2005, 01:52 PM
I suppose it depends on how low cut it is! And I guess it means the guys can't come topless either!

damn and i was hoping to dance uc&p with a lot of bare sweaty bodies! :sick:

David Bailey
13th-May-2005, 02:09 PM
damn and i was hoping to dance uc&p with a lot of bare sweaty bodies! :sick:
Boy, I've gotta say, even gorgeous female bodies covered in sweat don't do much for me most of the time.

Girls: bare-back tops, please don't, we have to put our hands there you know...

drathzel
13th-May-2005, 02:51 PM
I'm getting my new car today so no matter what happens i will be there!!

(for new read old but new to me!)
:hug:

Clive Long
13th-May-2005, 03:11 PM
I'm getting my new car today so no matter what happens i will be there!!

(for new read old but new to me!)
Sorry to be so mundane, but if you are driving a fair distance, I'd suggest checking details of your breakdown recovery (you do have some ?) otherwise you will find when the car has broken down and the cheery chappy (almost always a chappy) with the grimy hands arrives (after several hours) - he will joyfully tell you he can only take you 10 miles. Which on a Sunday, in the the middle of nowhere'sville will take you to nowhere-in-particular-Town (bitter, bitter personal experience of this).

Breakdown recovery ain't cheap - but a whole lot cheaper than a tow from a garage who have got you in a vice when your car has changed into an expensive piece of urban sculpture.

Of course, if you are a girl, cry a lot. That might help - men find that stuff very unsettling.

Clive

drathzel
13th-May-2005, 03:22 PM
Sorry to be so mundane, but if you are driving a fair distance, I'd suggest checking details of your breakdown recovery (you do have some ?) otherwise you will find when the car has broken down and the cheery chappy (almost always a chappy) with the grimy hands arrives (after several hours) - he will joyfully tell you he can only take you 10 miles. Which on a Sunday, in the the middle of nowhere'sville will take you to nowhere-in-particular-Town (bitter, bitter personal experience of this).

Breakdown recovery ain't cheap - but a whole lot cheaper than a tow from a garage who have got you in a vice when your car has changed into an expensive piece of urban sculpture.

Of course, if you are a girl, cry a lot. That might help - men find that stuff very unsettling.

Clive

I have AA cover now and the take you to the nearest AA garage. The Rac take u 10 miles!

and i am very good at crying when i am stuck out in the middle of no where by myself in the dark :whistle:

David Bailey
13th-May-2005, 04:01 PM
i am very good at crying when i am stuck out in the middle of no where by myself in the dark :whistle:
Me too!

Errr... I'll get my coat.

Zebra Woman
13th-May-2005, 04:52 PM

Clive

Err...... not as unsettling as two women who didn't need any help...

Miss Conduct and I had a puncture on our return from Southport in June. We pulled into the services and apart for the fag of emptying the kithcen sink, the full length mirror and a months worth of food and clothes etc. from the boot, we were both really looking forward to changing the wheel. We were delighted in fact. It's a 10 minute job it was a dry sunny day we were in no rush, great chance to practice a very important skill.

2 minutes later we were surrrounded by 3 nice young men. They just HAD to help. We wanted to stand on the spanner ourselves (two each ) just to check we still could. They were having none of it. They just had to help us.

In the end we let them...on condition they let us loosen and tighten one nut each.

It was really great to meet three kind guys :grin: , but I feel I have to keep in practice for the cold rainy night where I'm on my own. I do not want to wait for the RAC (unless I really have to) and certainly wouldn't want to flag down a stranger. :really:

On the other hand....

12 years ago when I had accidentally put the wrong fuel in my car I was quite happy to play the damsell in distress and let the kind man at the petrol station suck the syphon tube :sick: :sick:

I have sort-of repayed the favour by always buying my fuel from his petrol station though :innocent: .

Dance Demon
13th-May-2005, 04:59 PM
and let the kind man at the petrol station suck the syphon tube :sick: :sick:
I have sort-of repayed the favour

I was really really tempted......but thought I'd leave it to CJ....more his forte.... :wink: :devil: :devil:

Dreadful Scathe
13th-May-2005, 05:05 PM
I was really really tempted......but thought I'd leave it to CJ....more his forte.... :wink: :devil: :devil:
thats way too easy for CJ :) dont trouble the master

..anyway he's in the queue for Star Wars for a few days :)

drathzel
13th-May-2005, 08:04 PM
thats way too easy for CJ :) dont trouble the master

..anyway he's in the queue for Star Wars for a few days :)

why would he want to queue for it? I thought he would have front row seats, seeing as he was in it......:whistle: :D

Red Lory
13th-May-2005, 10:27 PM
I'll be going there too! I went in May & September last year, and really enjoyed. A month seems such a long time to wait!

I'm looking forward to seeing plenty of people there & dance my (red) shoes off :)

Peter
13th-May-2005, 10:41 PM
Does anyone want a single room? I have a spare

Dreadful Scathe
15th-May-2005, 09:42 AM

that cant have required much in the way of drawing surely ? :)

Little Monkey
15th-May-2005, 11:11 AM
Humph! :(

This whole 'carnival in Rio' theme is bothering me....... I don't do colourful, and I certainly don't do sparkly-sexy-sequins'n'feathers! :tears: I have absolutely nothing in my wardrobe that could even come remotely close to this theme!

Can I just come as a chubby, cute'n'cuddly South-American monkey instead?? :whistle: :D Or maybe just plain old me???? :sad:

Frustrated & Chubby Little Monkey

drathzel
15th-May-2005, 11:51 AM
Humph! :(

This whole 'carnival in Rio' theme is bothering me....... I don't do colourful, and I certainly don't do sparkly-sexy-sequins'n'feathers! :tears: I have absolutely nothing in my wardrobe that could even come remotely close to this theme!

Can I just come as a chubby, cute'n'cuddly South-American monkey instead?? :whistle: :D Or maybe just plain old me???? :sad:

Frustrated & Chubby Little Monkey

dont worry i dont know what to wear either! and we only have a few weeks!!! :what: :hug:

Chicklet
15th-May-2005, 07:12 PM
will there be a waxing booth for those wishing to take the theme very very seriously?

PeteK
15th-May-2005, 07:15 PM
Anyone have spare room for one (bloke nonsmoker :) ) in apartment? I'm thinking of making late booking (if any space still available).

Thanks & best wishes,

Lory
15th-May-2005, 07:33 PM
will there be a waxing booth for those wishing to take the theme very very seriously?
You can borrow my epi-lady! :na:

Northants Girly
15th-May-2005, 09:38 PM
will there be a waxing booth for those wishing to take the theme very very seriously?I'm confused :confused:

Waxing = PAIN :tears:

Carnival = FUN :grin:

Whats the connection??

Trousers
15th-May-2005, 09:44 PM
Brazilian waxing

even i get that!

welll i dont but u know wot i mean

Trousers
15th-May-2005, 09:45 PM
but i might get one now

drathzel
15th-May-2005, 09:46 PM
Brazilian waxing

even i get that!

welll i dont but u know wot i mean

freudian slip trews? :rofl:

David Bailey
15th-May-2005, 11:21 PM
Alas, not me, but that's mainly because it sounds like too much fun, and I have my "sensible boring f*ckwit" image to maintain.
:tears:

TheTramp
15th-May-2005, 11:23 PM
Alas, not me, but that's mainly because it sounds like too much fun, and I have my "sensible boring f*ckwit" image to maintain.
You forgot to mention the fact that you're a w*nker too......

Jive Brummie
15th-May-2005, 11:27 PM
Do you kiss your mothers with those foul mouths?

:whistle:

TheTramp
15th-May-2005, 11:29 PM
Do you kiss your mothers with those foul mouths?

:whistle:
Ah. We're just quoting. Go read elsewhere....

David Bailey
15th-May-2005, 11:34 PM
You forgot to mention the fact that you're a w*nker too......
Oops yes, thanks for reminding me.

stewart38
16th-May-2005, 09:46 AM
It would seem from the web site, the last few remaining places there is no restriction on women going ?

Ive had a major problem trying to get a place for a women , what going on ?

Bangers & Mash
16th-May-2005, 10:10 AM
It would seem from the web site, the last few remaining places there is no restriction on women going ?

Ive had a major problem trying to get a place for a women , what going on ?

John and Wes (?) always try and keep an even ratio of men to women at their events - which I think contributes greatly to the success of their events.

Over the years dancers have come to acknowledge and respect that they may restrict one sex or the other in order to maintain the balance.

Hence the reason most people book early.

John is a regular on the forum. May be worth sending him a pm (johnah) to see if anything can be done - but don't expect too much. Once he starts bending the rules for people, where does he stop?

Some people in scotland have been booking in couples to maintain the ratio. That might be another better approach.

Last I heard, the event was nearly booked out tho'

jivecat
16th-May-2005, 12:15 PM
Last time I spoke to John (May 1st) he said that places were only available for couples & single men. I hope this hasn't changed because an excessive excess of ladies is highly likely to adversely affect my enjoyment. In which case I might as well get drunk......

drathzel
16th-May-2005, 12:39 PM
Last time I spoke to John (May 1st) he said that places were only available for couples & single men. I hope this hasn't changed because an excessive excess of ladies is highly likely to adversely affect my enjoyment. In which case I might as well get drunk......

Or you could be a lead! :D I enjoy leading sometimes although i think i agree i would like to be a follower at southport! :hug: :flower:

Little Monkey
16th-May-2005, 02:40 PM
Wooo-hooooo!

After spending hours browsing most of the shops in town, I've finally found an outfit for Southport (Saturday night's party). The only problem is there's not a single sequin, diamonte or sparkly bit on any of the garments, and I shall have to sit and do it all by hand...... It's gonna take forever! :tears:

On the bright side, the entire outfit (sequins, pearls and all) cost me less than £18!!!! :clap:

Have anyone ever died from too much sewing? I might just be able to finish it all by the time we're leaving for Southport...... Aaaaaarrrrrrrgh....

Little Monkey

PS - and it's not black!!! :wink:

drathzel
16th-May-2005, 02:47 PM
Have anyone ever died from too much sewing? I might just be able to finish it all by the time we're leaving for Southport...... Aaaaaarrrrrrrgh....

You could do it on the journey down! :D

Lory
16th-May-2005, 02:49 PM
Have anyone ever died from too much sewing?
Apparently my Mum did! :rofl:

When i was about 10, I had to have a leotard completely covered in sequins for a show and my Mums never let me forget it! :tears:

'Sequin' is a dirty word in our house! :D

Little Monkey
16th-May-2005, 04:57 PM
You could do it on the journey down! :D

Not with the amount of sequins and pearls I'm planning to put on my outfit!!!

:sick:

Monkey

Little Monkey
16th-May-2005, 04:58 PM

When i was about 10, I had to have a leotard completely covered in sequins for a show and my Mums never let me forget it! :tears:

Your poor mum! All my sympathy! I'm going bonkers already, and have only been sewing for about 1 hour!!!!! :(

Monkey

David Bailey
16th-May-2005, 06:54 PM
I've got a couple that mysteriously appeared in my car over the weekend, if you're in need of spares...?

drathzel
16th-May-2005, 08:08 PM
Your poor mum! All my sympathy! I'm going bonkers already, and have only been sewing for about 1 hour!!!!! :(

Monkey

I dont know how you can sit and sew! But if you want to do something for me you are more than welcome :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

jivecat
16th-May-2005, 10:30 PM
Or you could be a lead!

I can only lead 2 moves and even that does my head in. :worthy:

TheTramp
16th-May-2005, 10:42 PM
I can only lead 2 moves and even that does my head in. :worthy:
:yeah:

Rebecca
16th-May-2005, 10:48 PM

I'm getting post-traumatic flashbacks of standing for hours on end as a child whilt my mother stuck pins into me whilst making a tutu - all in the name of (slightly unhealthy) competition. Still, where would we have been without it eh?

Re: Southport, anyone needing a partner to purchase a "couple" pass send me a PM (I really want to go - perhaps too late :blush: )

Little Monkey
17th-May-2005, 10:20 AM
I dont know how you can sit and sew! But if you want to do something for me you are more than welcome :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Eeeeeeh............. Lemmethink.................. Ummmmmmmmmmmmm......... Errrrr............................. NO!

LM :flower:

Little Monkey
17th-May-2005, 10:24 AM
I can only lead 2 moves and even that does my head in.

Yeah, Trampy, you're soooooo boring to dance with. Very.... Predictable. No surprises. Much. At all. Errrrrrr.... :whistle:

LM :hug:

PeteK
17th-May-2005, 01:23 PM
Does anyone want a single room? I have a spare
yes pls - see my other msg.

angelique
17th-May-2005, 07:30 PM
Have anyone ever died from too much sewing? . Aaaaaarrrrrrrgh....

Little Monkey

PS - and it's not black!!! :wink:

Yeah I nearly did. I was making my daughter a bridesmaid dress and I hand sewed 1000 cristals onto a 6 layered floor length skirt with invisible thread and it took me over a month!
And then so did the bride who just about managed to mutter a barely audible "thank you" on her big day...no gushing, no awe and wonder, NOTHING, NADA!! Ungrateful C*w :angry:

All I can say Is GOOD LUCK!! and a useful tip....put some ikklie plasters on yer fingertips if you can work with them in place to stop the getting too sore! :hug:

Little Monkey
18th-May-2005, 11:54 AM

Yeah I nearly did. I was making my daughter a bridesmaid dress and I hand sewed 1000 cristals onto a 6 layered floor length skirt with invisible thread and it took me over a month!
And then so did the bride who just about managed to mutter a barely audible "thank you" on her big day...no gushing, no awe and wonder, NOTHING, NADA!! Ungrateful C*w :angry:

All I can say Is GOOD LUCK!! and a useful tip....put some ikklie plasters on yer fingertips if you can work with them in place to stop the getting too sore! :hug:

You poor thing!!!

I'm already regretting this whole DIY-sequin thing I've started..... Might be less sparkly bits on my outfit than I first planned for... :sad: I'm gonna see if I can buy some of those iron-on crystals........ Bound to be a lot easier than stitching on bloody sequins!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the finger-saving tip! :hug: :flower:

LM

Lynn
18th-May-2005, 08:22 PM
All the dancing this week is really getting me in the mood for Southport.

Did I mention that I am in Spain? :waycool:

skippy
18th-May-2005, 09:11 PM
I'm going to be there and only 22 sleeps to go!!!!
So I was reliably informed by ........... :hug:

better not say he wont dance with me!!!
(but you know who you are :whistle: :wink: )

drathzel
19th-May-2005, 09:17 AM
I'm going to be there and only 22 sleeps to go!!!!
So I was reliably informed by ........... :hug:

better not say he wont dance with me!!!
(but you know who you are :whistle: :wink: )

It is for those of you who regularly sleep

Bangers & Mash
19th-May-2005, 07:50 PM
It is for those of you who regularly sleep

oh yeah? something you're not telling us bucko? :wink:

drathzel
20th-May-2005, 01:20 AM
oh yeah? ~ snip ~bucko? :wink:

Mmm, sounds like a plan :D

Rebecca
22nd-May-2005, 04:03 PM
I've been advised to put a (somewhat desperate sounding) post on the forum, begging (yes i will beg) for a female Southport ticket.

If any ladies find they're no longer able to go and they wish to sell their ticket please let me know :worthy: :flower:

Bangers & Mash
22nd-May-2005, 04:19 PM
I've been advised to put a (somewhat desperate sounding) post on the forum, begging (yes i will beg) for a female Southport ticket.

If any ladies find they're no longer able to go and they wish to sell their ticket please let me know :worthy: :flower:

Hi Rebecca,

is there not some poor unsuspectiing guy out there that you can persuade to go as well - and then book together. As far as I am aware, all that John is trying to do at Southport is balance the numbers - it doesn't involve any conjugal activities (although some people seem to be working on that assumption)

:what:

Rebecca
22nd-May-2005, 04:30 PM
Hi Rebecca,

is there not some poor unsuspectiing guy out there that you can persuade to go as well - and then book together. As far as I am aware, all that John is trying to do at Southport is balance the numbers - it doesn't involve any conjugal activities (although some people seem to be working on that assumption)

:what:

I tried a general posting to that effect. I hope it wasn't taken the wrong way, but now I think I will have to get more ruthless. Good advice, thanks. Unsuspecting guys watch out. Off to phone a few now!

Bangers & Mash
22nd-May-2005, 04:36 PM
I tried a general posting to that effect. I hope it wasn't taken the wrong way, but now I think I will have to get more ruthless. Good advice, thanks. Unsuspecting guys watch out. Off to phone a few now!

good luck, save me a dance. :cheers:

Rebecca
23rd-May-2005, 12:54 PM
good luck, save me a dance. :cheers:

Got myself a date - thanks I will

oh, and happy birthday :cheers:

Mary
23rd-May-2005, 06:30 PM
After much battling with conscience and bank balance have decided to go after all. Booked and paid ages ago, but this job has just come up which is working that weekend. So it's going to end up jolly expensive so I'm going to have to make sure I maximise on all those lovely dancers there.

And, ladies, the delightful Tony will be there too, so he is in training as I post. :D

M

Lindsay
23rd-May-2005, 08:12 PM

I might know somebody... PM me!

drathzel
23rd-May-2005, 09:59 PM
I might know somebody... PM me!

oooo sounds ominous! :D

cutey
24th-May-2005, 01:28 PM
Now what shall I wear?

Decisions decisions! :rolleyes: :rofl:

Hey Lory

I would go for the blue one :rofl:

Barryf
24th-May-2005, 09:57 PM
Ill be along, hope there is a forum get together it was really nice to see who's who.
and Chicklet (hope you are going ), you still owe me a BOSSANOVA :D

Barryf

Jill Could I have a badge too ?? :nice:

johnah
25th-May-2005, 03:40 PM
Just 16 days to go now before the paaaaaaarty begins, :clap:

Admission passes and programmes etc will be sent to all Lead Names who have booked [and paid in full] early next week.

Yes, there will be a Forum Reception on the Friday evening between 21:00 and 22:00 in Bluesville, and hosted by The Tramp!

Look forward to another awesome weekend at Southport.

:cheers:

www.jiveaddiction.com

Lynn
25th-May-2005, 03:41 PM
Yes, there will be a Forum Reception on the Friday evening between 21:00 and 22:00 in Bluesville, and hosted by The Tramp! :clap:
See you all there!

TheTramp
25th-May-2005, 06:06 PM
Yes, there will be a Forum Reception on the Friday evening between 21:00 and 22:00 in Bluesville, and hosted by The Tramp!
Look forward to seeing you all there :clap:

Only 16 days? Fantastic!! :cheers:

Mary
25th-May-2005, 06:29 PM
Does anybody know exactly where in Southport we go?

M

DavidY
25th-May-2005, 06:32 PM

MYes there's a Southport Venue (http://jiveaddiction.com/mambo/content/view/22/42/) link on the Jive Addiction website. It's a Pontins holiday camp.

Also might be worth reading the Southport Directions (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2911) thread from this time last year.

Danielle
25th-May-2005, 06:41 PM

M

I've been there before (many years ago!!) If your heading downing in the day I'm planning to stop for a bit of lunch in Liverpool, probably at est est est on the docks then do my goodies shopping in the big Tesco's near the motorway to save things spoiling in the car. you're more than welcome to join us and follow me to Southport (assuming i can remember the way too :whistle: )

Mary
25th-May-2005, 06:45 PM
I've been there before (many years ago!!) If your heading downing in the day I'm planning to stop for a bit of lunch in Liverpool, probably at est est est on the docks then do my goodies shopping in the big Tesco's near the motorway to save things spoiling in the car. you're more than welcome to join us and follow me to Southport (assuming i can remember the way too :whistle: )

That's very kind of you Danielle, but unfortunately I am working until 7pm on the Friday, so it will be a quick turnaround and dash up the motorway. Just hope we have enough energy left for a dance or 3 when we get there.

M

DavidY
25th-May-2005, 06:52 PM
I'm planning to ~SNIP~ do my goodies shopping in the big Tesco's near the motorway to save things spoiling in the carWhere's the big Tescos? I'll be coming straight from work this time so like you I will need to get food nearby.

Minnie M
25th-May-2005, 07:16 PM
Have copied details from the links from Mikey's post

Pontins
Southport Holiday Centre
Ainsdale Beach
Shore Road
Southport
Lancashire
PR8 2PZ

When you get to the end of the M57, you will see a sign for Southport.. don't take it thinking thats where you want to be... catches lots of people out first time .. look for the actual A5036..

Also personally I have found in the past that avoiding the M6 and Birmingham is a bonus.. so i tend to go up the M1 to junction 24A and cut across the A50 towards Stoke on trent.. throught the town and onto the M6.. misses out Birmingham

Almost an Angel
26th-May-2005, 08:47 AM
Hi all,

This is a begging post - I really would like to go to Southport however I need a man to book with, does anyone know of a man who hasn't booked for Southport yet and who is willing to have his arm twisted.

I spoke to Minnie last night and she suggested I ask here so please guys if you are considering going and haven't booked yet, or girls if you know anyone who hasn't booked yet, could you please PM me. :flower:

I really would like to go as it's my birthday that weekend (honest)!

Angel xx

Danielle
26th-May-2005, 09:18 AM
Where's the big Tescos? I'll be coming straight from work this time so like you I will need to get food nearby.

Hey David,

It means a little detour towards Liverpool, but if you go to the end of the M62, turn left onto Queens drive (A5058) and follow that untill it crosses Allerton Rd (its quite a big junction) and turn left on Allerton Road, tesco's is about a 4 min drive along that road on the right just after a set of traffic lights.
You can always head down to the docks after that and follow the A565 all the way into southport.

I hope this helps
Danielle :hug:

Northants Girly
26th-May-2005, 09:47 AM
on Southport and supermarkets . . .

You can park in the multistory car park above Waitrose for free if you spend at least £5 in the shop.
(This was the case last Sept anyway)
You can stay all day - it's just around the corner from the railway station, bang in the middle of the town !

Lynn
26th-May-2005, 12:15 PM
Our driver last time decided to follow the Southport signs (from the airport with a hire car) rather than the directions we had - which took us through Southport itself - but it was easy to find our way from there to Pontins and it did mean we got to stop at a Tesco's in Southport to stock up on supplies.

Cruella
26th-May-2005, 12:35 PM
I presume there is a shop onsite for us that can't be bothered to stock up before hand. Well actually probably won't have room in the car for such luxuries as food just clothes and alcohol!! :D

Northants Girly
26th-May-2005, 12:38 PM
I presume there is a shop onsite for us that can't be bothered to stock up before hand. Well actually probably won't have room in the car for such luxuries as food just clothes and alcohol!! :DThere is - it's just like at Camber. The shop sells alcohol too :na:

stewart38
26th-May-2005, 12:55 PM
There is - it's just like at Camber. The shop sells alcohol too :na:

But far more places to park

Bardsey
26th-May-2005, 03:33 PM

www.jiveaddiction.com

Oi !!! What about me? :tears: :tears:

TheTramp
26th-May-2005, 03:55 PM
Oi !!! What about me? :tears: :tears:
You can DJ too if you like... :flower:

Bardsey
26th-May-2005, 04:21 PM
You can DJ too if you like... :flower:

Nah! I'll leave that to the expert! I'll stick to what I'm good at....giving out badges!

Lory
26th-May-2005, 04:43 PM
Not long now! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Friday nights all organised but would anyone still be interesting in having a BBQ and Cocktail party, early evening on the Saturday?

SilverFox is a professional cocktail maker and has sourced a supplier in southport who can supply a mega amount of ice, all we need to sort out is who brings what, fairly. ;) He's offered to bring all the specialised stuff and be our barman for the night :waycool: but we will need to bring the fruit juices and alcohol. :nice:

How's this for an idea....

1 bottle of alcohol + 3 cartons of juice between 4 people and for those who only drink beer or soft drinks, they can be exempt ;)
It would be nice to have an idea of the numbers, so we can make a list of requirements and then people can tick off what they wish to bring.

All ideas welcome!

[posh accent] Anyone for Pimms? :na: [/posh accent] :cheers:

Minnie M
26th-May-2005, 04:43 PM
Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I am going to Southport :clap: :clap: :clap:

Can't wait now, looking forward to lots of yummy dances with all those scottish laddies ('specially DD) and will (at last) get my dance with Tiggerbabe too :clap: PLUS the creme de la creme of lufffly people

Book me in for the cocktails too please Silver Fox

how many days is it to go :clap: :clap: :clap:

Franck
26th-May-2005, 04:48 PM
Not long now! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Friday nights all organised but would anyone still be interesting in having a BBQ and Cocktail party, early evening on the Saturday?
Woohoo... :D

I'll be there and bring my two boys as well! :waycool: :cheers:

Lory
26th-May-2005, 04:51 PM
Woohoo... :D

I'll be there and bring my two boys as well! :waycool: :cheers:
I can feel a Champaign cocktail or two coming on! :wink:

Dreadful Scathe
26th-May-2005, 04:57 PM
Nah! I'll leave that to the expert! I'll stick to what I'm good at....giving out badges!
can I carry the badge box and be your lovely assistant ? :)

Dreadful Scathe
26th-May-2005, 05:09 PM
I can feel a Champaign cocktail or two coming on! :wink:
"extensive tract of level open land" cocktail ? sounds horrible - have champagne instead - speaking of pedants...is Graham going ? :)

Dance Demon
26th-May-2005, 05:38 PM
Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I am going to Southport :clap: :clap: :clap:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :waycool: :waycool: :hug: :hug: :kiss:

Yay Minnie...look forward to some fab dances

Tiggerbabe
26th-May-2005, 06:07 PM
and will (at last) get my dance with Tiggerbabe too :clap:
:D Brilliant news Minnie, I'm looking forward to it :hug:

Count me in for the BBQ Lory - and another boy too :waycool:

Lynn
27th-May-2005, 12:27 AM
Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I am going to Southport :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Great news! :hug:

Oh - and me too for BBQ and can I bring someone with me...? :wink:

Simon r
27th-May-2005, 06:41 AM
Okay not long to go now both cutey and myself will be coming up to meet all you lovely people ....
need to start hoarding the chocolate to keep me going now as i feel some long nights dancing ahead......

Si

Danielle
27th-May-2005, 09:43 AM
:cheers: BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND :cheers:

As so many people have asked me, we are going to organise another forum BBQ for Saturday Night to go along with Vince's yummy cocktails (I'll be having caipirinha's please Vince!!).

I'll bring the disposable BBQ's again and some paper plates! If people want to come along with various nibbles and bits for the barby please. (Whoever bought those yummy bananas with chocolate last time, great idea if you fancied doing that again :drool: )

Time wise about 7.30-8.00 around the forumite area - just follow the smoke!!!

Hope to see you all there :hug: :kiss: :hug:

Lynn
27th-May-2005, 09:58 AM
:cheers: BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND :cheers: ...
Yeah! I missed the last one (as I wasn't at Camber!). Lets hope for nice weather! (Its 13 here and raining heavily at the moment! :tears: ).

stewart38
27th-May-2005, 10:43 AM
Yeah! I missed the last one (as I wasn't at Camber!). Lets hope for nice weather! (Its 13 here and raining heavily at the moment! :tears: ).

About 85F here in london today 100f on Northern line :waycool:

Mie
27th-May-2005, 12:21 PM
Caipirinha's and BBQ...

BRING IT ON!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Almost an Angel
27th-May-2005, 01:25 PM

Count me in too Danielle.

Thanks to the lovely PretzelMeister :hug: I have a ticket too. :clap: :clap:

So I will be there joining in the fun.

Angel xx

Sparkles
27th-May-2005, 01:40 PM
I'm sure Sal and I can dig up some alcohol from somewhere :whistle: - we currently have a freezer drawer stocked with vodka :blush:
Put us and Foxylady down for the cocktails and BBQ, please!

S. x

Donna
27th-May-2005, 01:55 PM
Hi there,

I'm going also with my partner Steve, but not sure what to expect yet.

Donna

Rhythm King
27th-May-2005, 02:31 PM
I'll be there!! :waycool:
May have Joe Enwright in tow, too.

Graham
27th-May-2005, 02:59 PM
"extensive tract of level open land" cocktail ? sounds horrible - have champagne instead - speaking of pedants...is Graham going ? :)
Yes, I'm planning to go, and a champagne cocktail sounds good. I have to take issue with your offer to be Bardsey's lovely assistant, though. I just can't see how that could work. :confused:

Dreadful Scathe
27th-May-2005, 03:05 PM
Yes, I'm planning to go, and a champagne cocktail sounds good. I have to take issue with your offer to be Bardsey's lovely assistant, though. I just can't see how that could work. :confused:

well easy I just assist her by handing out...oh I see what you mean :tears:

Dance Demon
27th-May-2005, 06:30 PM
I'd better take a supply of Pro Plus and Red Bull.....i'm Djing all the Early morning sets in the Blues room....3am start on Friday, 4am Sat & Sun....... :eek: ........

Minnie M
27th-May-2005, 06:32 PM
Count me in too Danielle.

Thanks to the lovely PretzelMeister :hug: I have a ticket too. :clap: :clap:

So I will be there joining in the fun.

Angel xx
:kiss: :hug: :clap:
GREAT NEWS :clap:
(don't forget to add to poll Angel)

Cruella
27th-May-2005, 06:34 PM
OOOOhhh i'm getting so excited. I'll be at BBQ with littleemc-central. She seems to follow me everywhere you know. :rofl:

Minnie M
27th-May-2005, 06:34 PM
.....i'm Djing all the Early morning sets in the Blues room....3am start on Friday, 4am Sat & Sun....... :eek: ........
:yeah: :worthy: :yeah: :worthy: :yeah:

Lory
27th-May-2005, 06:35 PM
i'm Djing all the Early morning sets in the Blues room....3am start on Friday, 4am Sat & Sun....... :eek: ........
:yeah: Bliss :drool:

drathzel
27th-May-2005, 08:45 PM
I'd better take a supply of Pro Plus and Red Bull.....i'm Djing all the Early morning sets in the Blues room....3am start on Friday, 4am Sat & Sun....... :eek: ........

couldnt have choosen a better DJ!!!! Hope its as good as the set at Beach Ballroom Feb 05! :drool:

Lynn
28th-May-2005, 01:08 AM
i'm Djing all the Early morning sets in the Blues room....3am start on Friday, 4am Sat & Sun....... :eek: ........ :clap: :grin:

Little Monkey
31st-May-2005, 09:42 AM
10 DAYS TO GO!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Dreadful Scathe
31st-May-2005, 10:28 AM
couldnt have choosen a better DJ!!!!

Not counting Timmy Mallet of course !!!!

Bardsey
31st-May-2005, 12:57 PM
can I carry the badge box and be your lovely assistant ? :)

Can't think of a lovlier assistant.......just don't get blue paint over everything!

Bardsey
31st-May-2005, 01:04 PM

Can I come too and bring a couple of other girls with me? Let me know what we should bring and most importantly, where you are having it? :flower:

Lory
31st-May-2005, 01:24 PM
Can I come too and bring a couple of other girls with me?
CAN YOU COME??? :eek: You'd better be there my girl! :D

I think we're waiting to see just how many are coming (31 definite so far) and we'll make a list, then folk can tick something off the list to bring, how's that?

I just had a quick total up of the poll and it appears we're almost even on girls verses boys of forumites! :clap: 32 to 30 by my reckoning!

Lynn
31st-May-2005, 01:32 PM
I just had a quick total up of the poll and it appears we're almost even on girls verses boys of forumites! :clap: 32 to 30 by my reckoning! Hope everybody can be there for the forumite reception on Fri evening - we can have lots of great dances!

Bardsey
31st-May-2005, 01:32 PM
CAN YOU COME??? :eek: You'd better be there my girl! :D

I take it that's a YES then? Great, can't wait!

If there is anyone out there who wants a badge and who ISN'T already on my list from previous Southport/BFG meetings, can you PM me so I can do one for you? :flower:

Dance Demon
31st-May-2005, 05:40 PM
Not counting Timmy Mallet of course !!!!

Ah Yeh.......... :rofl: :na: :rofl: :na: :rofl:

Sheepman
1st-June-2005, 10:11 AM
i'm Djing all the Early morning sets in the Blues room....3am start on Friday, 4am Sat & Sun....... :eek: ........
:clap: Well I certainly won't be planning to go to bed while DD is playing!
I shall also be playing a short set on the Friday night, but how bluesy can I go before midnight?

Greg

Lory
1st-June-2005, 10:33 AM
I shall also be playing a short set on the Friday night, but how bluesy can I go before midnight?

Are you asking 'me'? :rolleyes: :D

Cruella
1st-June-2005, 11:08 AM
Tickets arrived today. Yehh! :clap: :clap:

drathzel
1st-June-2005, 11:24 AM
Tickets arrived today. Yehh! :clap: :clap:
:yeah: :yeah: Woo hoo i am printing off a diary page so i can schedule things in. But i want to do loads of things that are on at the same time :tears:

Lynn
1st-June-2005, 11:34 AM
:yeah: :yeah: Woo hoo i am printing off a diary page so i can schedule things in. But i want to do loads of things that are on at the same time :tears: I did that at the first Southport and did about 10 workshops! At the last one I did less workshops but danced later at night.. haven't got my tickets yet (as post hadn't arrived when I left) but I can see it being tough getting the balance between workshops and long freestyle hours as there is such a great line up teachers and DJs!

Lounge Lizard
1st-June-2005, 11:37 AM

Gregtricky, not to bluesy cos N&N have a blues class on at the same time.

Just dont make your set tooo good cos I have to follow it
:wink:

jockey
1st-June-2005, 06:31 PM
Im going also. Minnie is kindly giving me a lift so I"ll be finding out about you all on the way up..... :worthy: :really: :yum:

Yogi_Bear
1st-June-2005, 10:35 PM

As so many people have asked me, we are going to organise another forum BBQ for Saturday Night to go along with Vince's yummy cocktails (I'll be having caipirinha's please Vince!!).

I'll bring the disposable BBQ's again and some paper plates! If people want to come along with various nibbles and bits for the barby please. (Whoever bought those yummy bananas with chocolate last time, great idea if you fancied doing that again :drool: )

Hope to see you all there :hug: :kiss: :hug:Sounds great.... :flower:

Mary
1st-June-2005, 10:44 PM
Just working with someone whose parents live in Southport. She advises me not to go via Liverpool, but come off the M6 at J26 and go via Holmesdale I think she said.

Will get more detailed directions from her and post.

M

Yogi_Bear
2nd-June-2005, 08:25 AM
Just working with someone whose parents live in Southport. She advises me not to go via Liverpool, but come off the M6 at J26 and go via Holmesdale I think she said.

Will get more detailed directions from her and post.

M
We've been twice. Coming from M62 taking M57 to the end (J7), then it's tricky as you turn left towards Bootle but very shortly afterwards turn right onto A565 to Formby and Southport. Coming into Southport turn left at the roundabout signed to the coast road. That takes you straight to the venue. If instead you continue on A565 to centre of Southport it's very difficult to find - and doesn't seem to be signed...

Rebecca
2nd-June-2005, 09:52 AM
Yay :clap: , I'm officially there, and bringing a friend Dave/DJ. It will be lovely to get to meet those of you I haven't met and to reunite with those I have. :kiss:

Is it normal to be this excited?

Dreadful Scathe
2nd-June-2005, 10:09 AM
Yay :clap: , I'm officially there, and bringing a friend Dave/DJ. It will be lovely to get to meet those of you I haven't met and to reunite with those I have. :kiss:

you're asking people on the forum what "normal" is ? :confused:

Lynn
2nd-June-2005, 10:16 AM
you're asking people on the forum what "normal" is ? :confused: :rofl:

Geordieed
2nd-June-2005, 10:30 AM
Checkin' the results last night it is good to see that Jordan and Tatiana are revisiting these shores after retaining their title at the Grand Nationals.

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

drathzel
2nd-June-2005, 11:37 AM
:worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

I'm guessing with the above, thats a yes then! :flower:

Sheepman
2nd-June-2005, 11:54 AM
tricky, not too bluesy cos N&N have a blues class on at the same time. Yes, my tickets arrived and I spotted that too, maybe it will be more towards wcs, I'll consult with the powers that be...

Just dont make your set tooo good cos I have to follow it :wink: Something tells me that won't be too much of a problem for you! :whistle: Anyway, at least I have an excuse now if I get any complaints! :wink:

Greg

Northants Girly
2nd-June-2005, 12:19 PM
Yay :clap: , I'm officially there, and bringing a friend Dave/DJ. :yum:

Is it normal to be this excited? Very normal :na:

and very normal to have already started packing too :D

Northants Girly
2nd-June-2005, 12:20 PM
Im going also. Minnie is kindly giving me a lift so I"ll be finding out about you all on the way up..... :worthy: :really: :yum:Looking forward to meeting you :grin:

Simon r
2nd-June-2005, 12:20 PM
yep got our tickets through today ....
really looking forward to it but have to to Japan for the whole week before so will be back on the friday ...
nicole will be driving up so hopefully can catch up on zzzzs

hope to see everyone for a dance
simon

Geordieed
2nd-June-2005, 02:24 PM
Was looking at the breakdown of classes over the weekend. It is fantastic that there are so many different styles to choose from. There seems to be so many teachers involved there won't be much of an opportunity to really get involved with any one style. I have previously missed out on the Hussle and Nightclub 2 Step :worthy: which are both going to be taught that weekend.

Especially looking forward to Nightclub 2 Step. Although I have watched it many times the reports that have come back from the women I know, who have done lessons makes it a must.

Yogi_Bear
2nd-June-2005, 02:30 PM
Was looking at the breakdown of classes over the weekend. It is fantastic that there are so many different styles to choose from. Is the workshop programme on the web yet? Couldn't find it!

stewart38
2nd-June-2005, 02:31 PM
Was looking at the breakdown of classes over the weekend. It is fantastic that there are so many different styles to choose from. There seems to be so many teachers involved there won't be much of an opportunity to really get involved with any one style. I have previously missed out on the Hussle and Nightclub 2 Step :worthy: which are both going to be taught that weekend.

Especially looking forward to Nightclub 2 Step. Although I have watched it many times the reports that have come back from the women I know, who have done lessons makes it a must.

There seems to be several ladies only classes, at least 3 from memory ?

Just an observation

Geordieed
2nd-June-2005, 02:35 PM
I have only been looking at the hard copies sent out in the post. I think I will only be subscribing to partner dancing classes.

Minnie M
2nd-June-2005, 04:43 PM
Will anyone be arriving really early ?

I was thinking of driving up Friday morning early (leave Brighton about 4am) thus missing lots of the traffic - with a breakfast stop, should get there about 10'ish, too early for checking in, however it would be nice to meet up with others with the same idea :D

Just an idea :innocent:

Danielle
2nd-June-2005, 05:37 PM

I was thinking of driving up Friday morning early (leave Brighton about 4am) thus missing lots of the traffic - with a breakfast stop, should get there about 10'ish, too early for checking in, however it would be nice to meet up with others with the same idea :D

we're going early, but not that early, still want to be able to dance till 5 in the morning!!

I'm leaving london at 10, then stopping in liverpool for lunch, then heading up to southport! you're welcome to join us but its a bit later than you intended :flower:

Dance Demon
2nd-June-2005, 06:41 PM
we're going early, but not that early, still want to be able to dance till 5 in the morning!!

What!!!...only 'til 5.....I'm hopingto keep y'all dancing 'til at least 7..... :waycool:

azande
3rd-June-2005, 08:38 AM
What!!!...only 'til 5.....I'm hopingto keep y'all dancing 'til at least 7..... :waycool:

Yes please!!!

And if you play the same kind of stuff you played last night............. :drool:

Lory
3rd-June-2005, 08:53 AM
It is fantastic that there are so many different styles to choose from.
:yeah: but when do we get to sleep? :what:

I made the big mistake of burning the candle at both ends, on the first couple of weekenders I went on and I really suffered, so I'm going to be very fussy this time, the problem is, there's so many good lessons to choose from! :worthy:

Actually, unless I can find a willing man, (any offers :flower: ) to be a fixed partner for any of the workshops I fancy, I think I'll just watch and reserve my energies! ;)

Little Em
3rd-June-2005, 09:10 AM
this is my first weekender, and im sooo excited! :clap:

though have been warned about burning out, through too much dance and not enough sleep!

im taking a big supply of plasters for my poor feet!! :really:

do any girlies know what they r wearing for the HOT HOT night on the sat ? i still have no idea!!!!

Dreadful Scathe
3rd-June-2005, 09:27 AM

I made the big mistake of burning the candle at both ends, on the first couple of weekenders I went on and I really suffered, so I'm going to be very fussy this time, the problem is, there's so many good lessons to choose from! :worthy:

Actually, unless I can find a willing man, (any offers :flower: ) to be a fixed partner for any of the workshops I fancy, I think I'll just watch and reserve my energies! ;)
well I have the same problem, doubt Fi is going to do more than one class

Danielle
3rd-June-2005, 09:31 AM
this is my first weekender, and im sooo excited! :clap:

though have been warned about burning out, through too much dance and not enough sleep!

im taking a big supply of plasters for my poor feet!! :really:

do any girlies know what they r wearing for the HOT HOT night on the sat ? i still have no idea!!!!

I have no idea what to wear either :eek:

My masterplan at the moment is to cover myself in lots of glitter and sparkles!!!!

Bardsey
3rd-June-2005, 09:42 AM
well I have the same problem, doubt Fi is going to do more than one class

Blimey mate, you'll be inundated with offers now (put me on the list :flower: )

Cruella
3rd-June-2005, 09:48 AM

Yes it's normal. Doesn't matter how many you've done you will still feel the same!! Will be good to see you again and tell Dave i want another dance as i only got one at bedford. :tears:

Rebecca
3rd-June-2005, 10:19 AM
Yes it's normal. Doesn't matter how many you've done you will still feel the same!! Will be good to see you again and tell Dave i want another dance as i only got one at bedford. :tears:

Will do - he's becoming popular without his knowledge. I'll have to let him know his increasing status with the forum ladies, he will be pleased!!

Lounge Lizard
3rd-June-2005, 10:40 AM
Just got the tickets & Programme - must once again compliment John & Wes they reall do know how to present and put on a great event - is it only a year ago they had their first weekender :clap:

We are doing the awesome 4some again (Sunday 5.30) so hope James & Melanie are ready for more silly times

For anyone who does not know about the Awesome 4some - it is two couples dancing together and swapping partners (no it is not like the partner swapping they used to do back in the 70's :blush: :innocent:)

We sort of make the routine up at over the weekend (last September it was Sunday lunchtime), we try to make sure it is lots of fun and always finish with a very silly move

Peter

Danielle
3rd-June-2005, 11:54 AM
I got my program last night too - now i'm really excited :clap: :clap:

so many amazing looking classes!!! Am definatley going try awesome foursome, sounds like a lot of fun! And Cuban Blues with Marc and Rachel sounds very cool too...................

soooo many amazing teachers and classes :worthy: :worthy:

Anyone up for trying the belly dancing with me???????? :D

Lynn
3rd-June-2005, 12:27 PM
Anyone up for trying the belly dancing with me???????? :D I'm going to give that a go!

In fact I'm sitting here eating McDonalds all in the interests of futher developing my belly!!

(Well that and the fact I was just at the bank, feeling really hungry and McDs was right beside it! )

Mie
3rd-June-2005, 12:35 PM
Anyone up for trying the belly dancing with me???????? :D

Me me me!!! I'm up for making a fool of myself. Why not? :D

I can't stop looking at the programme. Think I'll be a busy bee with so many fantastic teachers and classes! :worthy:

CAN'T WAIT!!!!!! YEY!!!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Lynn
3rd-June-2005, 12:51 PM

I made the big mistake of burning the candle at both ends, on the first couple of weekenders I went on and I really suffered, so I'm going to be very fussy this time, the problem is, there's so many good lessons to choose from! :worthy: It will be a real dilemma this time as to what classes to go to and how to pace myself so I can dance lots at night too!

There are 13 of us coming from NI (5 more than last time - the number keeps increasing) and everyone is getting excited and looking forward to it. :clap:

Danielle
3rd-June-2005, 01:32 PM
i know!!! I always love the freestyles at weekenders (usually cos I'm in bed recovering in the day when the classes are going on :blush: ) but the classes here look soooooooo amazing i'm not gonna get to sleep at all :tears:

(no Mcdonalds needed here to improve my belly.............is so big at the moment, it dances by itself sometimes :D the belly dancing class should suit me down to ground :rofl: )

Bill
3rd-June-2005, 03:32 PM
Well hope everyone has a fun weekend :tears: :sad: ....remember some of us would love to be there so don't enjoy yourselves tooooooo much !

maybe next time ????????? :rolleyes: :whistle:

djtrev
3rd-June-2005, 04:01 PM
Damn!! I am so annoyed that I didnt offer myself when those forumites were looking for partners to accompany them.I am so envious of those of you that are going.
I know this is a long shot and probably pointless but if there is ANYONE that has to drop out-PLEASE EMAIL ME.ANYTIME.

Minnie M
3rd-June-2005, 04:10 PM
Well hope everyone has a fun weekend :tears: :sad: ....remember some of us would love to be there so don't enjoy yourselves tooooooo much !

maybe next time ????????? :rolleyes: :whistle:
Noooooooooooooo :tears: :tears:
It won't be the same without you :sad:

djtrev
3rd-June-2005, 05:14 PM
WOW RESULT.
I just got sorted.Im going to Southport.

Can I join the Forum BBQ,please,and the Friday get together.Very busy at the moment but I will contact the "organiser" asap.
In the meantime I have my wifes birthday party to organise for this evening.
OH happy days

Auntie Barb
3rd-June-2005, 11:00 PM
I'll be there! Dancing the night (and morning) away. Looking forward to having a fun time with the Scottish crowd and lots of good music from Dance Demon. :grin: See you all there! Greetings from Aunty Barb

Lounge Lizard
3rd-June-2005, 11:00 PM
thats great news, make sure we meet up - you cant miss me - silly hat on head and a bottle of Bud in hand
Peter

Daisy
4th-June-2005, 01:21 AM

Were leaving early on Fri morning Minnie but not at dawn! :whistle:

PM me your mobile number & then I can call you when we are en-route.

Really looking forward to what is going to be a superb week-end. Let's hope the sun shine lots. :waycool:

See ya there. :cheers:

Little Monkey
5th-June-2005, 09:42 AM
5 DAYS TO GO!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

drathzel
5th-June-2005, 09:56 PM
5 DAYS TO GO!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Oh, we have to wait that long :tears:

Zebra Woman
5th-June-2005, 10:03 PM

Hope to see you all there :hug: :kiss: :hug:

Yippee :clap: I will be there . It was me with the bananas last time. I'll do them again (as I have the BIGGEST BANANAS in Ceroc :devil: ).

I have just got back from hols and read the programme. It is ACTION PACKED!! I am going to have to be a lot more active during the day as there are so many fab classes on offer. Jordan and Tatiana's Hustle class on Saturday evening 18.15 - 19.15 for one.

Keep those coals burnin' Danielle and I'll hustle myself along a.s.a.p.

Alison :hug:

Has anyone seen a DJ timetable? :devil:

TheTramp
5th-June-2005, 11:07 PM
Has anyone seen a DJ timetable? :devil:
Yes thanks.... :rolleyes:

Rebecca
6th-June-2005, 09:41 AM

Sacrificed dancing this weekend in order to spend time customising an outfit for saturday night (Delaying gratification)

I'm wearing Pink/Purple glittery trousers, purple vest with beads and sequins galore! I do hope other ladies are joining in the sequin-themed fun, or I will look like a right plank! Beads will rattle!! Just a naval-stone to go and I'm all sorted.

LOVE IT!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

drathzel
6th-June-2005, 10:01 AM
Sacrificed dancing this weekend in order to spend time customising an outfit for saturday night (Delaying gratification)

I'm wearing Pink/Purple glittery trousers, purple vest with beads and sequins galore! I do hope other ladies are joining in the sequin-themed fun, or I will look like a right plank! Beads will rattle!! Just a naval-stone to go and I'm all sorted.

I am customising my outfit too....your not alone :flower:

Rebecca
6th-June-2005, 02:07 PM
Naval stone - check
False eyelashes - check
Feathers - check

I'm a princess, i'm a princess . . . :clap:

stewart38
6th-June-2005, 02:17 PM

will a mask do ? :sick:

Rebecca
6th-June-2005, 02:23 PM
will a mask do ? :sick:

Interesting - as long as the ladies can still see your eyes (and you can still see us). What kind of mask? We wouldn't want the lambs to start screaming, but something highwayman-esque could be v.cool :whistle:

Rhythm King
6th-June-2005, 02:44 PM
Naval stone - check
False eyelashes - check
Feathers - check

I'm a princess, i'm a princess . . . :clap:

Why is Andy McGregor posting on Rebecca's account? :whistle:

stewart38
6th-June-2005, 02:55 PM
Interesting - as long as the ladies can still see your eyes (and you can still see us). What kind of mask? We wouldn't want the lambs to start screaming, but something highwayman-esque could be v.cool :whistle:

One with coloured feathers, no more clues !

Rebecca
6th-June-2005, 03:02 PM
One with coloured feathers, no more clues !

Nice 1 :wink:

Sparkles
6th-June-2005, 03:56 PM
I'm worried - my Saturday night outfit doesn't sparkle... there MUST be something wrong with me! :sick:
Sparkly accessories - the answer to everything! :D

S. x

Little Monkey
6th-June-2005, 04:48 PM
Oh, we have to wait that long :tears:
ONLY 4 DAYS LEFT!!!!!!!!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Danielle
6th-June-2005, 04:48 PM
:tears: At least you have an outfit, am still not sure what to wear :tears:

Have just got back from town though and purchased gold body paint, glitter and sparkley eyelashes but thats as far as i've got!!!

foxylady
6th-June-2005, 04:58 PM

Have just got back from town though and purchased gold body paint, glitter and sparkley eyelashes but thats as far as i've got!!!

Oh help, I was just going for colourful and cleavage, now it looks like I'm going to need to go shopping for glitter !!

drathzel
6th-June-2005, 04:58 PM
ONLY 4 DAYS LEFT!!!!!!!!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

still??????? :sad: :tears: :(

Rebecca
6th-June-2005, 05:02 PM
Oh help, I was just going for colourful and cleavage, now it looks like I'm going to need to go shopping for glitter !!

Worry not Foxy, I was going for the sparkles in the absence of cleavage. If Mother Nature gave you natural carnival assets you won't need glitter.

Rebecca
6th-June-2005, 05:05 PM
:Have just got back from town though and purchased gold body paint, glitter and sparkley eyelashes but thats as far as i've got!!!

Ha ha ha :D , we're all going to get so carried away now that we'll be unrecognisable :rofl:

Sal
6th-June-2005, 05:07 PM

You are staying in a chalet with Sparkles. I think she will bring enough glitter for all three of us!

Danielle
6th-June-2005, 05:10 PM
Ha ha ha :D , we're all going to get so carried away now that we'll be unrecognisable :rofl:

i know......................

Especially applying all that make up after Vince's cocktails on Saturday night!

positioning false eyelashes + alcohol = :sick: :rofl: :eek: :what: :blush:

Rebecca
6th-June-2005, 05:13 PM
i know......................

Especially applying all that make up after Vince's cocktails on Saturday night!

positioning false eyelashes + alcolohol = :sick: :rofl: :eek: :what: :blush:

You do mine and I'll do yours :rofl:

Danielle
6th-June-2005, 05:16 PM
You do mine and I'll do yours :rofl:

you're on!!!! I'll do yours first :D :rofl: :devil:

TheTramp
6th-June-2005, 05:48 PM

Sounds like you've got a fantastic outfit right there.....

Dreadful Scathe
6th-June-2005, 05:57 PM
Sounds like you've got a fantastic outfit right there.....
...agreed :)

Lory
6th-June-2005, 06:03 PM
you're on!!!! I'll do yours first :D :rofl: :devil:
This is reminding me a bit of a friends fancy dress stag night.....

The twist was, they weren't allowed to buy their own costume, each had to pull a name out of the hat and buy for 'that' person! :really:

You can imagine how over the top the costumes were! :devil: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Danielle
6th-June-2005, 06:49 PM
This is reminding me a bit of a friends fancy dress stag night.....

The twist was, they weren't allowed to buy their own costume, each had to pull a name out of the hat and buy for 'that' person! :really:

You can imagine how over the top the costumes were! :devil: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:clap: :clap: Its gonna be soooooo much fun :clap: :clap:

us...........

over the top.............

never :D :devil: :innocent:

...........but what a fantastic idea for our next party Lory :wink:

Really looking forward to seeing everyone again, and meeting all those i've never met before. :flower:

Can't wait to get on that dance floor now :D :D :D

Little Monkey
6th-June-2005, 06:57 PM
still??????? :sad: :tears: :(

Before you know it, it's over, so enjoy the anticipation, excitement and planning! 'C'mon sweetie, you can manage four more days?? :hug:

I've just finished my costume. Not that exciting, but there are sequins, glitter, crystals, pearls and feathers..... On both top and skirt!

LM

drathzel
6th-June-2005, 07:00 PM
Before you know it, it's over, so enjoy the anticipation, excitement and planning! 'C'mon sweetie, you can manage four more days?? :hug:

I've just finished my costume. Not that exciting, but there are sequins, glitter, crystals, pearls and feathers..... On both top and skirt!

LM

I'll just have to make up for it by dancing every night til we get there!!!! :clap: :whistle:

sequins, glitter.....ditto!!! :clap:

Dreadful Scathe
6th-June-2005, 07:23 PM
tassles.........we want tassles :)

Danielle
6th-June-2005, 07:28 PM

if you wear the tassles i'll lend you some of my gold body paint :devil:

Minnie M
6th-June-2005, 08:35 PM
To get you in the mood for the weekend (the lovely Tatiana & Jordon)

http://www.mydancelesson.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=0&func=fileinfo&parent=category&filecatid=429

Dance Demon
6th-June-2005, 09:45 PM

Oh yes.....and a competition to see who can make them twirl in opposite directions........ :devil: :devil: :D

Dreadful Scathe
6th-June-2005, 11:10 PM
if you wear the tassles i'll lend you some of my gold body paint :devil:

I might consider it :) I already have blue latex paint but there are no smurfs in Rio :)

Lory
6th-June-2005, 11:17 PM
Oh yes.....and a competition to see who can make them twirl in opposite directions........ :devil: :devil: :D
I don't even need tassels! :whistle:

Dance Demon
7th-June-2005, 05:47 AM
I don't even need tassels! :whistle:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: .........not just the mind that boggles :rofl:

Sheepman
7th-June-2005, 12:36 PM
I'm worried - my Saturday night outfit doesn't sparkle... there MUST be something wrong with me! Are you seriously telling us that you just have the ONE outfit for Saturday night!? :devil:

I have a serious inferiority complex regarding all this glitz and glamour that will be appearing, I'm lacking inspiration or the wardrobe to do it justice. :tears: Something tells me that I'll be enjoying the view though! :blush:

Greg

Little Monkey
7th-June-2005, 02:25 PM

Sorry, no tassles...... :(

Will fluffy feathers do?

Little Fluffy Sparkly Monkey

ps: 3 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

drathzel
7th-June-2005, 02:29 PM
Sorry, no tassles...... :(

Will fluffy feathers do?

Little Fluffy Sparkly Monkey

ps: 3 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!

bah humbug..... :mad:

Little Monkey
7th-June-2005, 02:33 PM
bah humbug..... :mad:
Aaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.... :kiss: :hug: :flower:

Hang in there, girlie, you can do it!

Happy Monkey

drathzel
7th-June-2005, 03:23 PM
Aaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.... :kiss: :hug: :flower:

Hang in there, girlie, you can do it!

Happy Monkey

Not if i end up in jail first (for the murder of my boss) :rofl:

Little Monkey
7th-June-2005, 06:23 PM
Not if i end up in jail first (for the murder of my boss) :rofl:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!
Then you can't come dancing!!!!!

C'mon! Less than three days now....

LM

Maxx
7th-June-2005, 10:16 PM

Hiya Bardsey

If you've still got some ink left in that printer of yours would you do me a badge too? I'm the one who sometimes has an octopus on his shoulder!

Cheers
Maxx

Little Monkey
8th-June-2005, 09:18 AM
2 DAYS LEFT!!!!!!
WO-HOOOOOO!!!

drathzel
8th-June-2005, 09:20 AM
2 DAYS LEFT!!!!!!
WO-HOOOOOO!!!

ahhhhhhh what am i going to wear!!!! Its creeped up so soon!!!! :rofl:

Rebecca
8th-June-2005, 09:27 AM
I'm loving it that people are so inspired to go all out on this one. Fantastic :cheers:

Lory
8th-June-2005, 09:36 AM
Forumite Cocktails and BBQ Party details

SilverFox and I have been putting our heads together about the cocktails and because we can't be definite that people bringing 'certain items' will be there at the start, due to classes etc. it'll be difficult to start making cocktails

SOOOOOO! We've come up with THIS plan :clap: .............

It'll be starting from 6pm, in the forumite area and will be going on till, 'whenever people get fed up' :nice:

SilverFox is going to buy ALL the alcohol for the cocktails :worthy: but we need everyone who comes, to bring at least one carton of fruit juice (Cranberry, Pineapple or Orange) or a 'mixer' of your choice, e.g., Tonic, Cola, Lemonade, etc. :cheers:

And there will be a TIN provided, so if people decide to have an 'alcoholic' cocktail, they can contribute to the 'Help the Fox fund' and I KNOW we can rely on you good people to do that. (your forumites after all! ) :wink:

As for food, I think it'd be a nice idea if, as well as bringing along your own sausage, burger or kebab or whatever your going to throw on the barbie, if every 'chalet' makes just ONE easy dish (enough for, say 4 people) e.g., rice, potato salad, tomato salad or something sweet, etc.,

How's that :confused: :nice:

p.s. The Angelique and Lory chalet, will be mostly making Cous cous! :D

Sparkles
8th-June-2005, 09:41 AM
Sounds great, Lory, but that's an awful lot of layout for poor SF :(.

Since I don't have to transport my suitcase on public transport (Foxy you're an angel :flower: ) I'll try and bake some cakes to bring up with me - so anyone with a sweet tooth will be catered for!

S. x

Divissima
8th-June-2005, 11:22 AM
Sounds great, Lory, but that's an awful lot of layout for poor SF :( :yeah: It is incredibly generous (not to mention trusting) of Silver Fox to supply the alcohol up front - TwK and I shall be proud to support the Fox :wink: I just hope he doesn't end up out of pocket! :(

Lounge Lizard
8th-June-2005, 01:34 PM
We are hoping to get there lunchtime and if John & Wes dont mind will have some music playing throughout the afternoon in the blues bar - the choice of music is not mine but a list posted on this forum by Lory & Zebra Woman for a late night blues/swing set
I had all but six of their tracks, so they are on CD's and ready to play this Friday

Peter

drathzel
8th-June-2005, 01:38 PM
We are hoping to get there lunchtime and if John & Wes dont mind will have some music playing throughout the afternoon in the blues bar - the choice of music is not mine but a list posted on this forum by Lory & Zebra Woman for a late night blues/swing set
I had all but six of their tracks, so they are on CD's and ready to play this Friday

Peter

we can we find said list?
:flower:

FirstMove
8th-June-2005, 01:39 PM
You're all mad! You'd miss part of an N&N class to drink cocktails and wear badges? You could miss your own wedding for N&N and not feel guilty.

Lounge Lizard
8th-June-2005, 01:51 PM

Peterlink
http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?p=117410&highlight=midnight#post117410

First Move....I would rather miss the blues than a sheepman set
p

Sparkles
8th-June-2005, 02:32 PM
First Move....I would rather miss the blues than a sheepman set

I have to say I agree. :worthy:

drathzel
8th-June-2005, 03:57 PM
I have to say I agree. :worthy:

Me too :worthy:

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
8th-June-2005, 04:08 PM
Well, ok i'll be nice and wish everyone a good time, me...gealous? No, of COURSE NOT! :mad:
I hope to make it to the next one though :D Sounds like soooooo much fun.
A note to anyone who will see me next week after it...PLEASE DON'T RUB IT IN TOO MUCH! :innocent:

Much love,
I hope you all enjoy yourselves, i'll be on holiday having fun :waycool:

Ash x :hug:

Dreadful Scathe
8th-June-2005, 04:19 PM
You could miss your own wedding for N&N and not feel guilty.

Or travel to their classes whilst on honeymoon :) It was well worth it.

TheTramp
8th-June-2005, 04:59 PM
You're all mad! You'd miss part of an N&N class to drink cocktails and wear badges? You could miss your own wedding for N&N and not feel guilty.
I'm lost.

Forum reception is 9-10pm. N&N blues class is 11-12pm. At least, according to my programme.

And Sheepy comes on at 11pm in the blues room.

Where's the clash??

Lory
8th-June-2005, 09:20 PM
We are hoping to get there lunchtime and if John & Wes dont mind will have some music playing throughout the afternoon in the blues bar - the choice of music is not mine but a list posted on this forum by Lory & Zebra Woman
Woo hoo! I'm very flattered :o

Lets hope the weather stays as it is and we can open the patio doors and let the music flood out, onto the veranda! :waycool:

Minnie M
8th-June-2005, 09:39 PM

Right ............ just spoke to Jockey and we are leaving Brighton at 9am now, should get to the M40 between 10 & 11am (depending on traffic) so anyone travelling approx same timing PM me to exchange mobile numbers and we could meet up on route

M40 ?? just wondering now, if this is the right route after reading Mikey's directions

Will start packing tomorrow, getting worried I might forget something now...

Dance Demon
8th-June-2005, 10:35 PM
Just looked up the weather forecast for this weekend in the southport area........check this out (http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?id=3188) ..... :D :D :D :clap: :clap: :clap:...get those barbies out

Little Monkey
8th-June-2005, 11:01 PM
Just looked up the weather forecast for this weekend in the southport area........check this out (http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?id=3188) ..... :D :D :D :clap: :clap: :clap:...get those barbies out

WOO-HOOOOOO!
:clap: :waycool: :clap: :cheers: :clap: :waycool: :D :cheers: :clap: :waycool: :cheers:

Gojive
8th-June-2005, 11:22 PM
Well I'm going to a forties dance near Stafford on Saturday night..... :sick:

I hope you all have a good time :clap:

kriss
9th-June-2005, 12:12 AM
is anyone looking for a ticket for southport? have a spare one! :sad:

Little Monkey
9th-June-2005, 09:30 AM
WE'RE GOING TO SOUTHPORT
TOMORROW!!!!!
:clap: :D :cheers: :clap: :D :cheers: :clap: :D :cheers: :clap: :D :cheers:

Lynn
9th-June-2005, 09:32 AM
I'm lost.

Forum reception is 9-10pm. N&N blues class is 11-12pm. At least, according to my programme.

And Sheepy comes on at 11pm in the blues room.

Where's the clash?? Me too.. I had thought, with the cocktails reference that it was referring to the fact that the Sat eve forum BBQ clashed with a N&N workshop - but it doesn't :confused:

drathzel
9th-June-2005, 09:36 AM
WE'RE GOING TO SOUTHPORT
TOMORROW!!!!!
:clap: :D :cheers: :clap: :D :cheers: :clap: :D :cheers: :clap: :D :cheers:

You really do have way too much time on your hands!!! :whistle:

Little Monkey
9th-June-2005, 11:17 AM

Been at home doing work on the computer for the last few days.... Preparing for a job interview as a Norwegian tutor at the university of Dundee... Writing Norwegian language exercises and preparing a class... So I need a break every now and again!

Nice colours though? :D

Oh, and I'M GOING TO SOUTHPORT IN 23 HOURS AND 15 MINUTES!!!!!!

Just thought I'd let you know...... :wink:

Monkey

Groovy Dancer
9th-June-2005, 11:23 AM
Been at home doing work on the computer for the last few days.... Preparing for a job interview as a Norwegian tutor at the university of Dundee... Writing Norwegian language exercises and preparing a class... So I need a break every now and again!

Nice colours though? :D

Oh, and I'M GOING TO SOUTHPORT IN 23 HOURS AND 15 MINUTES!!!!!!

Just thought I'd let you know...... :wink:

Monkey

I think I am gonna scream!!!!! :devil:

Little Monkey
9th-June-2005, 11:28 AM

Aaawwww...... :blush:

Have a hug instead: :hug:

And a flower: :flower:

Feel better now?

Right, better get back to work again....

LM

Zebra Woman
9th-June-2005, 11:35 AM

Peter

Wow thanks Peter :clap:. I'm very flattered as well...

Beach is tempting but I'll see you there :cheers: .

Alison :flower:

Lynn
9th-June-2005, 11:42 AM
Oh, and I'M GOING TO SOUTHPORT IN 23 HOURS AND 15 MINUTES!!!!!! Going by when you posted that - you're leaving at 11:30am tomorrow then? Same time as me! :clap:

Groovy Dancer
9th-June-2005, 11:51 AM

Don't forget I am looking forward to my dances, young lady.!! :flower: :wink: :hug:

smooth

drathzel
9th-June-2005, 12:04 PM
Going by when you posted that - you're leaving at 11:30am tomorrow then? Same time as me! :clap:

I win I win....I'm leaving my house at 7:30 AM but only cuz i have to go north to sort out stuff first, we arent actually leaving til about 11, arent we sassy1?

Smooth.... he's me thinking you had forgotten me! Ok, dance card marked!!!

under par
9th-June-2005, 12:16 PM
Well Mrs Par and I are leaving at 1730 today, having a pub meal en route to Fleet, a venue I have never visited before.

After the class at Fleet we are going to have another snack (kebab or burger and chips) and I will then drive during the cool of the moonlit night to arrive by dawn at the Southport beach.

Mrs Par and I will watch the sun rise for the first of 4 consecitive sunrises rising up from the shimmering waves(okay I know we'll be facing the wrong way but hey I'm using a little poetic licence!!!)

After a bacon butty I'll enjoy a few hours snooze then off to the blues room by lunchtime and .................................................. ........off we go.................. :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :clap: :clap: :clap: :worthy: :worthy: :drool: :drool: SOUTHPORT

Zebra Woman
9th-June-2005, 12:20 PM
Just been on the phone to Lory and she had a whizzo idea...

If you want people to know where your chalet is you could put your Forum name on your chalet door. (I'm expecting my mobile to have no signal at all after last year :sad: ).

For starters I will stick a zebra print carrier bag on my door (present from Lory, thanks :hug: ).

See you all tomorrow. Can't wait :clap: :cheers: :clap: :cheers:

Alison

Lory
9th-June-2005, 12:24 PM
Why :confused: Cos your coming? :wink: (to Southport, that is :whistle: )

or cos your not? :sick:

Lory
9th-June-2005, 12:30 PM
For starters I will stick a zebra print carrier bag on my door (present from Lory, thanks :hug: ).

I shall be having a sign saying ..............

WARNING!
Enter at your own risk!
:devil: :wink: :D

Lynn
9th-June-2005, 12:32 PM

If you want people to know where your chalet is you could put your Forum name on your chalet door. (I'm expecting my mobile to have no signal at all after last year :sad: ).

I have a pyjama top with 'Little Miss Naughty' on it...

I'm not going to be in the forum area as will be with the NI folk - but hopefully we won't be too far away.

Groovy Dancer
9th-June-2005, 12:46 PM
After a bacon butty I'll enjoy a few hours snooze then off to the blues room by lunchtime and .................................................. ........off we go.................. :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :clap: :clap: :clap: :worthy: :worthy: :drool: :drool: SOUTHPORT

Bacon Butty you say?. :yum: .
I guess I am thinking early breakfast after the blues session? :whistle:

see you for breakfast mate :cheers:

Groovy Dancer
9th-June-2005, 12:49 PM
Why :confused: Cos your coming? :wink: (to Southport, that is :whistle: )

or cos your not? :sick:

Why ask? :devil: Will you miss me? :whistle: :flower:
:hug: :hug: :kiss:

spindr
9th-June-2005, 12:55 PM
Well Mrs Par and I are leaving at 1730 today, having a pub meal en route to Fleet, a venue I have never visited before.

If you're planning on eating near Fleet, I can recommend: The Heron on the Lake, 14 Old Cove Road, Fleet (http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Old+Cove+Road,+Fleet&spn=0.028137,0.057189&hl=en)

SpinDr.

Lory
9th-June-2005, 01:00 PM
Will you miss me? :whistle: :flower:

Arghh :really: you needed to ask??? :eek:

I mean, who wouldn't miss your lovely :sick: singing? :whistle: :innocent:

Looking forward to a few dances with you! :hug:

foxylady
9th-June-2005, 01:05 PM
Why ask? :devil: Will you miss me? :whistle: :flower:

I'm looking forward to seeing your boxer shorts of a morning... or was I deliberately misinformed ???? :wink:

Monika
9th-June-2005, 01:08 PM

Monkey

...let me know if you need a little help :hug: jeg kan godt lese gjennom saa du faar en annen person til aa se over det du har forberedt eller tilby moralsk stotte...

See you tomorrow!!! :clap: :hug: :flower:
Mon x

drathzel
9th-June-2005, 01:29 PM
Is it just me or is everyone suffering from Pre southport attention disorder? :rofl: I cannae concentrate! :what: Roll on 5 o clock

stewart38
9th-June-2005, 02:03 PM
Is it just me or is everyone suffering from Pre southport attention disorder? :rofl: I cannae concentrate! :what: Roll on 5 o clock

Yes as driving most of the way up tonite , it starts today

Groovy Dancer
9th-June-2005, 02:11 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing your boxer shorts of a morning... or was I deliberately misinformed ???? :wink:

Boxer shorts?? :really: :innocent:
I knew I forgot to pack something :wink: :rofl:

See you there :hug: :kiss:

under par
9th-June-2005, 02:12 PM
I shall be having a sign saying ..............

WARNING!
Enter at your own risk!
:devil: :wink: :D

It would be really handy if I was in chalet no "FORE" because thats what I shout out regularly with all my wayward golf shots! :whistle: :whistle:

But I will have a 3 wood prominantly positioned outside the door. :rofl:

See you all tomorrow ......some time. :wink: :yeah:

Minnie M
9th-June-2005, 02:17 PM
No guesses what will be on our front door :whistle: not sure what my forumite chalet mates will want to add ;)

under par
9th-June-2005, 02:46 PM
If you're planning on eating near Fleet, I can recommend: The Heron on the Lake, 14 Old Cove Road, Fleet (http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Old+Cove+Road,+Fleet&spn=0.028137,0.057189&hl=en)

SpinDr.

Spindr, thankyou so much for that, we will try it out. :clap:

A very hungry Under Par, (it must be watching Mrs Par doing all this packing! :whistle: )

drathzel
9th-June-2005, 03:05 PM
(it must be watching Mrs Par doing all this packing! :whistle: )

sounds like fun... does mrs par want to take a trip to glasgow before tom morning by any chance? :flower: :rofl:

Zebra Woman
9th-June-2005, 03:22 PM
No guesses what will be on our front door :whistle: not sure what my forumite chalet mates will want to add ;)

Xactly.....I'm wondering what Miss Conduct is going to add to our door too :really: :devil:

Dreadful Scathe
9th-June-2005, 03:56 PM

See you all tomorrow. Can't wait :clap: :cheers: :clap: :cheers:

Alison
Hmm I do have a Smurf cuddly toy (wel actually several :) *) ill put him in the window :)

* Im sad and deranged you see.

Course you can also just follow the heavily pregnant blonde woman :)

Bardsey
9th-June-2005, 04:04 PM
Course you can also just follow the heavily pregnant blonde woman :)

Only to find that she is going into the public toilets in Southport.... could turn out like one of those Benny Hill things..........long line of people all following some poor unsuspecting blond pregnant woman who has never heard of Smurfs or Ceroc........ :eek:

Lory
9th-June-2005, 04:13 PM
Bardsey... I shall expect nothing less than a pair of fairy wings, for your door! :na:

Even if they're only paper ones! :)

Little Monkey
9th-June-2005, 04:16 PM
Going by when you posted that - you're leaving at 11:30am tomorrow then? Same time as me! :clap:

Eeeerrrrmmmm....No. Going by when I posted that, I'll be leaving at 10.30am! :flower:

CAN'T WAIT!!! And only just finished the t-shirt for my mate Pete, too! He's gonna look sooooooooo....... Not masculine! At least it's not pink, but thing sparkles, think sequins, think silver fringes......... :D And printed on the back is what would be his name, if he was on the forum........

LM

Bardsey
9th-June-2005, 04:17 PM
Bardsey... I shall expect nothing less than a pair of fairy wings, for your door! :na:

Even if they're only paper ones! :)

Well I've just done my little poster to put on the door but I shall try and attach my wings too....a) if I can find them and b) if I remember to take them! :confused:

Little Monkey
9th-June-2005, 04:20 PM
...let me know if you need a little help :hug: jeg kan godt lese gjennom saa du faar en annen person til aa se over det du har forberedt eller tilby moralsk stotte...

See you tomorrow!!! :clap: :hug: :flower:
Mon x

Tusen takk! That would be lovely!! I'm even planning to bring a book and notepad so I can prepare more work on the way down to Southport tomorrow... How sad is that! :confused: :sick:

Little Norwegian Monkey

Danielle
9th-June-2005, 04:23 PM
:clap: :clap: yey the weekend starts NOW!!! :clap: :clap:

Am off to town to watch the ballet tonight to get me totally inspired for Southport :clap: :clap:

Leaving at 10 tomo morning, can't wait to meet you all

Safe journey everyone :hug:

See you all there :cheers: :cheers:

Little Monkey
9th-June-2005, 04:27 PM
Hmm I do have a Smurf cuddly toy (wel actually several :) *) ill put him in the window :)

* Im sad and deranged you see.

Now that gave me an idea! I've got a little yellow monkey I can put in the window!

Mental note: Must remember to bring little yellow monkey....

Little Not Yellow Monkey

Cruella
9th-June-2005, 04:31 PM
Now that gave me an idea! I've got a little yellow monkey I can put in the window!

Mental note: Must remember to bring little yellow monkey....

Little Not Yellow Monkey

MMmmm let me think, :sick: i guess there might be an unsuspecting puppy roaming around somewhere!!
OK it was only a joke.!!!

Lynn
9th-June-2005, 04:59 PM
Eeeerrrrmmmm....No. Going by when I posted that, I'll be leaving at 10.30am! :flower: :blush: I was adding on 24 hours and 15 mins instead of 23 hours and 15 mins!

Now I remember why I don't phone friends in different times zones like US and Australia too often! :rofl:

djtrev
9th-June-2005, 07:29 PM
I am leaving at 6AM.Going via A14-M1-A50-M6-M58.Focus estate with FOOTLOOSE logo on the back window.(IF YOU CAN READ IT YOU ARE TOO DAMN CLOSE!!!!)
As I am a late booking I assume that I will be nowhere near the forum area but I will have my "easyrider" logo somewhere visible.
Looking forward to seeing you all on Friday evening-have a safe and pleasant journey.

djtrev
9th-June-2005, 07:30 PM
Forgot toask what time can we gain entry to the camp and what time does book-in begin

Lynn
9th-June-2005, 09:20 PM
Forgot toask what time can we gain entry to the camp and what time does book-in beginAccording to the programme booklet (see inside back pages) check in is from 3pm tomorrow afternoon. Not sure if you can arrive before that. There is always the beach if you are too early! NB -you need your ticket to gain entry to Pontins at the gate so best to have it somewhere handy.

Lynn
9th-June-2005, 09:37 PM
Just looked up the weather forecast for this weekend in the southport area........check this out (http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?id=3188) Notice sunrise time is 4:41am... so it will literally be dancing all night and into the next morning!

Little Monkey
9th-June-2005, 10:36 PM
MMmmm let me think, :sick: i guess there might be an unsuspecting puppy roaming around somewhere!!
OK it was only a joke.!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! :tears: :tears:

Poor puppy........ I shall make sure my wee doggie is safe at home, and won't be dog-napped to be used as a mascot by you...... :wink: But then she doesn't look much like your avatar - she's a border collie not a dalmation!

Phew!

LM

Minnie M
10th-June-2005, 12:05 AM
Off to bed now ............... see you lots of you later this afternoon :clap:

Gojive
10th-June-2005, 12:11 AM
I hope "sniff" you all "sniff" have a really "sniff, sniff" good time....... :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears:

How many days till BFG? :sick:

Lou
10th-June-2005, 06:51 AM
I hope "sniff" you all "sniff" have a really "sniff, sniff" good time....... :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears:
:yeah: :tears: :hug: :flower: :tears:

Cruella
10th-June-2005, 08:26 AM
:clap: Only 4 hours at work to go, :clap: they are going to be the longest 4 hours!!! :( See you all there. :kiss: :flower: :hug:

David Bailey
10th-June-2005, 08:35 AM
:clap: Only 4 hours at work to go, :clap: they are going to be the longest 4 hours!!! :( See you all there. :kiss: :flower: :hug:
You kidnapped your puppy yet then?

Lynn
10th-June-2005, 09:00 AM
Wow - aren't there a lot of us forumites going this weekend! With a few who haven't got round to signing, there must be over 80 of us. Really looking forward to putting more faces to forum names - and seeing those I already know :hug:

I'm all packed :clap: and have a few hours now to relax before going to meet most of the the other NI lot at the airport at lunchtime (some have to work today so travelling later).

I know some folk will already be on their way and a lot more heading off later this morning/afternoon/evening. Have a safe trip everyone - hope there are no major traffic problems.

See you all later this evening! :clap:

Little Monkey
10th-June-2005, 09:40 AM
Leaving in 50 minutes!!!

WOO-HOOOO!

:clap: :cheers: :clap: :cheers: :clap: :cheers: :clap:

Lory
10th-June-2005, 10:35 AM
Safe journey everyone! :hug:

I should be leaving in the next half an hour or so :clap: :clap: :clap:

Just waiting for the '3 diva's' to arrive.... FoxyLady, (driver :worthy: ) Sparkles and Sal! :na:

See you all later! :cheers:

Lynn
10th-June-2005, 11:03 AM
Safe journey everyone! :hug:

I should be leaving in the next half an hour or so :clap: :clap: :clap: :yeah:

And of course in the midst of our packing and checking we have enough dance shoes and sparkly tops - we still find time to log on here! :rofl:

Danger Mouse
10th-June-2005, 12:37 PM

And of course in the midst of our packing and checking we have enough dance shoes and sparkly tops - we still find time to log on here! :rofl:

OMG I've only one pair of dance shoes and no sparkly top :O guess I have to make do, right that's it I'm leaving, off up the M6, see you all there. bye vrooooooom!