PDA

View Full Version : Making Real Friends

Bangers & Mash
5th-May-2005, 09:46 AM
There is a saying at University that "you spend the first term making friends, 2nd term trying to get rid of the friends you made in the 1st term, and the 3rd term making real friends"

Do you think that the same could apply to MJ?

Lynn
5th-May-2005, 09:59 AM
There is a saying at University that "you spend the first term making friends, 2nd term trying to get rid of the friends you made in the 1st term, and the 3rd term making real friends" That didn't apply to me - the first person I sat beside in the first lecture I went to is still my closest friend from university.

IMO I don't think friendship really bears much relation to how/why/when/where you meet someone - there are just some people you really gel with and become good friends. So you could go to MJ for a year and not make any 'real' friends (as opposed to dancing acquaintances and there has already been a thread how it is great to have those too!) or you could meet someone on your first night and become lifelong friends. :hug:

Feelingpink
5th-May-2005, 10:21 AM
...So you could go to MJ for a year and not make any 'real' friends ... or you could meet someone on your first night and become lifelong friends. :hug:

:yeah: A friend for me is someone who accepts and cares about me as I am. I could meet them in MJ ... I could meet them somewhere else ... there isn't a magic time or place to find them.

Clive Long
5th-May-2005, 10:33 AM
I have no problem making friends.

Get a copy of Hello! magazine. Cut out pictures of Brad and Jennifer using scissors (under the guidance of a responsible adult)

Write on the pictures "Hi Clive, Luv Jenn"

Stick them up on my wall. Lots of new friends ... :nice:

El Salsero Gringo
5th-May-2005, 11:36 AM
I have no problem making friends.

Get a copy of Hello! magazine. Cut out pictures of Brad and Jennifer using scissors (under the guidance of a responsible adult)

Write on the pictures "Hi Clive, Luv Jenn"

Stick them up on my wall. Lots of new friends ... :nice:
Failing which, there's always Mr Hanky the Christmas Poo. (I may not have Santa but...)

Gojive
5th-May-2005, 07:11 PM
When I was a kid, I used to have lots of imaginary friends.......they were real people - I just used to imagine they were my friends :tears: