PDA

View Full Version : Mornington Crescent

El Salsero Gringo
4th-May-2005, 05:59 PM
This must be the only forum in the world without a game of MC going on; time to put that right. Anyone who doesn't know the rules - don't worry, you'll pick them up after a few moves.

Since I'm kicking off and I'm in North London as I write, I call for play under the North London Rules (contraflows are inverted, and to avoid Triangulation, Dollis Hill will be wild.)

OK then, off we go:

BAKER STREET

Graham
4th-May-2005, 06:01 PM
Parsons Green

Chicklet
4th-May-2005, 06:08 PM
This must be the only forum in the world without a game of MC going on;BAKER STREET
:tears: :tears: :what: I'd BANK there is one going on already :devil:

El Salsero Gringo
4th-May-2005, 06:26 PM
Baker street
Parsons Green
Bank

Roding Valley

Piglet
4th-May-2005, 06:29 PM
Baker Street
Parsons Green
Bank
Roding Valley...

Piccadilly Circus

And I have no idea how this game is played - maybe I will be enlightened tomorrow?

El Salsero Gringo
4th-May-2005, 06:38 PM
Baker Street
Parsons Green
Bank
Roding Valley...

Piccadilly Circus

And I have no idea how this game is played - maybe I will be enlightened tomorrow?You can't go from Roding Valley to Piccadilly Circus, sorry! Try again...

Edited to say: Pamela, sorry, of course you can do Roding Valley to Piccadilly Circus, obvious when you think about it.

Who wants to take it on from there?

philsmove
4th-May-2005, 08:13 PM
Baker Street

And I have no idea how this game is played - maybe I will be enlightened tomorrow?

No like “Black magic” it takes years
I have a friend how has been trying to figure out the rules for the last 10 years

philsmove
4th-May-2005, 08:17 PM
You can't go from Roding Valley to Piccadilly Circus, sorry! Try again...

I’m not to familiar with the North London Rules

But its allowed in the Nempnett Thrubwell 3rd Sunday variation

Stuart
4th-May-2005, 09:33 PM
I'm going to try a reverse move here:

Turnham Green

Stovold's says you can do that!

Doc Iain
4th-May-2005, 10:11 PM
Turnham Green, bloody good move Stuart.... hmmmm....
got to be Muswell Hill I think.

baldrick
4th-May-2005, 10:13 PM
Scottish wormhole move, Kelvin Bridge

Clive Long
4th-May-2005, 11:23 PM
We need an Adjudication here ESG - since the only way from Turnham Green to Muswell Hill is the now defunct furnical extension of the Northern Line.

However, if we envoke the Scottish wormhole we CAN just get to Kelvin Bridge.

Now we are somewhere sensible, I'll try Auchtermuchty Junction (might have caused a shunt). Oooooh

Graham
5th-May-2005, 08:25 AM
Haymarket

Sparkles
5th-May-2005, 09:59 AM
I wish I understood this :tears:

Doc Iain
5th-May-2005, 10:11 AM
We need an Adjudication here ESG - since the only way from Turnham Green to Muswell Hill is the now defunct furnical extension of the Northern Line.

Exactly!

philsmove
5th-May-2005, 11:20 AM
Though I would make easy for the next person with a photo

Tower hill

ChrisA
5th-May-2005, 11:26 AM
Though I would make easy for the next person with a photo

Tower hill

Has to be Maida Vale next, given the results of the Advanced on Sunday.

El Salsero Gringo
5th-May-2005, 11:30 AM
Has to be Maida Vale next, given the results of the Advanced on Sunday.Clever. Have some rep.

....and so to Warren Street (so near, and yet so far.)

Rhythm King
5th-May-2005, 11:31 AM
Has to be Maida Vale next, given the results of the Advanced on Sunday.

Well, in that case,

Aldwych

Hah!

El Salsero Gringo
5th-May-2005, 11:40 AM
Well, in that case,

Aldwych

Hah!
Sorry RK, our posts must have crossed, and as you'll know you can't do Warren Street directly Aldwych. So I propose

Maida Vale
Warren Street
Loughton
Aldwych

and we should proceed from there.

Robin
5th-May-2005, 11:56 AM
Just for those wondering .. a little quote/gem of information

"The original (in) joke was that listeners were not told what the rules were so had no idea what was going on. Later the panellists realised that since nobody knew what the rules were there was no point sticking to them - so they didn't"

And to be completely pedantic, may I challange ESG's Aldwych ?
I quote " Since the station is now closed, the 1972 Anderson-Perkins rules indicate that closed stations can only be used after the previous player has performed a Johnson switchback manoeuvre "

hehe

Divissima
5th-May-2005, 12:05 PM
Just for those wondering .. a little quote/gem of information

"The original (in) joke was that listeners were not told what the rules were so had no idea what was going on. Later the panellists realised that since nobody knew what the rules were there was no point sticking to them - so they didn't"Thanks, Robin. I thought is was just me being slow on the uptake :blush: :blush: :blush:

El Salsero Gringo
5th-May-2005, 12:10 PM
"The original (in) joke was that listeners were not told what the rules were so had no idea what was going on. Later the panellists realised that since nobody knew what the rules were there was no point sticking to them - so they didn't"Well, *you* might not be playing by the rules, but *we* are.

And to be completely pedantic, may I challange ESG's Aldwych You could do, except Aldwych wasn't my move. It was RK's, although I was happy enough to repeat it for him.

Robin
5th-May-2005, 12:24 PM
Well, *you* might not be playing by the rules, but *we* are.

You could do, except Aldwych wasn't my move. It was RK's, although I was happy enough to repeat it for him.

Oops a daisy :blush:

[Best House of Commons Voice - seeing as its election day]

"I refer the honourable member(RK) to my previous post "

hehe

ChrisA
5th-May-2005, 12:42 PM
Aldwych

Definitely disallowed. :mad:

Anita is lovely.... :drool:

El Salsero Gringo
5th-May-2005, 12:49 PM
Definitely disallowed. :mad:OK then, if you insist. But it's up to you to suggest an alternative move.

Rhythm King
5th-May-2005, 12:50 PM
Definitely disallowed. :mad:

Anita is lovely.... :drool:

There has been much debate recently as to whether or not Aldwych can be regarded as a valid destination in Mornington Crescent. Since the station is now closed, the 1972 Anderson-Perkins rules indeed indicate that closed stations can only be used after the previous player has performed a Johnson switchback manoeuvre (and who can forget the great ending move of the 1987 championships :worthy: ). However, since the line is still maintained and trains are run often for filming companies, I believe the Hughs amendment to the 1997 rule on terminating lines could be applied and Aldwych used as a normal location in the game. I also think you are using a modern edition of the A to Z and claim a Rushton gambit, so sucks boo to you! :devil:

El Salsero Gringo
5th-May-2005, 12:55 PM
I also think you are using a modern edition of the A to Z and claim a Rushton gambit, so sucks boo to you! :devil:OK, I am going to step in and adjudicate here - and ask RK to change his move (without forfeit.) Not everyone is familiar with the Rushton gambit, and to be allowed to introduce this far into a game disadvantages those who have gone before. So, let's have another station please....

Rhythm King
5th-May-2005, 01:04 PM
OK, I am going to step in and adjudicate here - and ask RK to change his move (without forfeit.) Not everyone is familiar with the Rushton gambit, and to be allowed to introduce this far into a game disadvantages those who have gone before. So, let's have another station please....

As you're being so gracious, and given that Warren Street was played whilst I was still responding to Maida Vale, the obvious choice, which satisfies both would have to be Waterloo.

R-K :flower:

Robin
5th-May-2005, 01:07 PM
I also think you are using a modern edition of the A to Z and claim a Rushton gambit, so sucks boo to you! :devil:

I'm using a Nicholsons! But I believe we are playing in the spoon so Rushton's Gambit is illegal, unless you invoke the Kersofsky Triangle!

Robin
5th-May-2005, 01:07 PM
As you're being so gracious, and given that Warren Street was played whilst I was still responding to Maida Vale, the obvious choice, which satisfies both would have to be Waterloo.

Agreed

El Salsero Gringo
5th-May-2005, 01:09 PM

Waterloo to

EASTCOTE

Robin
5th-May-2005, 01:13 PM
Waterloo to

EASTCOTE

Heathrow

Will
5th-May-2005, 01:17 PM
Heathrow
You can only play that if you are abiding by the 1833 Half Scrotum Rule Variation. As that Varient has been officially band for many years now I declare your move invalid!

Will
5th-May-2005, 01:19 PM
An aid to help clarify any further disputes of the rules...

http://www.spiralspider.demon.co.uk/moonglum/tubemap.gif

Rhythm King
5th-May-2005, 01:45 PM
Well that's a bit modern. You'll be including the DLR next. I'm just waiting for the opportunity to play "Post Office" on the Central Line, or my favourite, Brompton Road on the Piccadilly...

Piglet
5th-May-2005, 01:50 PM
:rofl: :rofl:

I thought we had to come up with names to do with Professions that were also streets - hence the Circus!!! Lots of professions.

I raise you all with Mudchute cos I like the name, but I realise this is probably the most illegal move of the game :confused:

Graham
5th-May-2005, 01:58 PM
You can only play that if you are abiding by the 1833 Half Scrotum Rule Variation. As that Varient has been officially band for many years now I declare your move invalid!
No, you're wrong - it's legal under the North London rules even without the half scrotum variation, because the previous player to Eastcote had played Waterloo, which allows a floating gooseberry.

So moving on, I'm going to play Tower Hill.

Clive Long
5th-May-2005, 02:16 PM
So moving on, I'm going to play Tower Hill.
Shunt.
No returns to overground underground stations.
Try again Graham

El Salsero Gringo
5th-May-2005, 02:21 PM
Shunt.
Try again GrahamSheesh. I think you guys should be a little less keen on arguing about the rules, and a little more keen on free-flowing game-play.

Rhythm King
5th-May-2005, 02:26 PM
Sheesh. I think you guys should be a little less keen on arguing about the rules, and a little more keen on free-flowing game-play.

Don't be such an ass - oops sorry! :blush:

Rhythm King
5th-May-2005, 02:58 PM
Come on Graham, you were shunted, we've got to wait for you to play before we can carry on...

Graham
5th-May-2005, 02:59 PM
Shunt.
Try again Graham
Oh sorry - I was completely distracted by the half scrotum rule debate and overlooked that philsmove had already played it. As it happens I realised it would have been an even better move to play East Ham.

Rhythm King
5th-May-2005, 03:19 PM
Oh sorry - I was completely distracted by the half scrotum rule debate and overlooked that philsmove had already played it. As it happens I realised it would have been an even better move to play East Ham.

Nicely played Sir! Now for a quick Cryer triple extension (I'm using a Collins, by the way :waycool: ) -

Acton Town

Robin
5th-May-2005, 03:40 PM
Nicely played Sir! Now for a quick Cryer triple extension (I'm using a Collins, by the way :waycool: ) -

Acton Town

And the tour da force ... the DJ deckflip special
Walthamstow

Rhythm King
5th-May-2005, 03:49 PM
And the tour da force ... the DJ deckflip special
Walthamstow
Oh come on, this game's going to the dogs - you can do better than that, surely?

Doc Iain
5th-May-2005, 03:56 PM
Can i evoke the little known July 1971 Cryer/Lemon ruling..... if so Clapham North.....
if not... boring old Stockwell

Robin
5th-May-2005, 03:59 PM
Oh come on, this game's going to the dogs - you can do better than that, surely?

I could have used the Open Left Handed Reverse Neck Break Special but thats just for emergencies.

Rhythm King
5th-May-2005, 04:11 PM
No, because it's Walthamstow Central and as has just been pointed out to me by someone far cleverer (and prettier) than I am - you'd have to play Finsbury Park first.

However Doc Iain has just played a blinder :cheers:

CJ
5th-May-2005, 04:46 PM
Haymarket

Do you get off at Haymerket often?!?!!?

I'm a Waverley guy myself!!!!!!!!!!! :rofl:

Stuart
5th-May-2005, 05:10 PM
No, because it's Walthamstow Central and as has just been pointed out to me by someone far cleverer (and prettier) than I am - you'd have to play Finsbury Park first.

However Doc Iain has just played a blinder :cheers:

Damm, I was going to play Oxford Circus after that, but that would have put me in Spoon.

However, with an elliptical progression I can go to Ealing Broadway

Rhythm King
5th-May-2005, 05:13 PM
Damm, I was going to play Oxford Circus after that, but that would have put me in Spoon.

However, with an elliptical progression I can go to Ealing Broadway

Stay put and you can go to Hipsters Phat Friday tomorrow night :waycool:

philsmove
5th-May-2005, 06:45 PM
This is getting tedious I wish to invoke Gruntfuttock's Posture

Ouagadougou

Clive Long
5th-May-2005, 07:09 PM
Sheesh. I think you guys should be a little less keen on arguing about the rules, and a little more keen on free-flowing game-play.
You are right. Sorry. :blush:

Graham has taken us to Tower Hill.

Can I venture Fairlop?

Withdrawn ... missed my turn. I'm in the sin-bin.

"Fun & Games" ?? - sheesh this is hard work. Also my Zone 1 to 4 restricts me a bit.

Sparkles
6th-May-2005, 09:27 AM
Since Clive has withdrawn his turn I'm assuming we're still at Tower Hill, and after extensive reaserch on my part I now feel equipped to play so:
I repeat Tower Hill
And rush you to
Loughton
(which, I'm sure you're all aware, means that a striking blow cannot be made in less than four moves :whistle: )

El Salsero Gringo
6th-May-2005, 09:40 AM
Since Clive has withdrawn his turn I'm assuming we're still at Tower Hill, and after extensive reaserch on my part I now feel equipped to play so:
I repeat Tower Hill
And rush you to
Loughton
(which, I'm sure you're all aware, means that a striking blow cannot be made in less than four moves :whistle: )
Not bad, for a beginner, but you've let me in with a fairly obvious next step, from Loughton to...

MORNINGTON CRESCENT!

OK. Shall we play again, or shall we have a go at "One song to the tune of another"? That could be fun on the Forum.

Doc Iain
6th-May-2005, 10:00 AM
How about Nivrana's Smells like teen spirit to the tune of singing in the rain?...

Sparkles
6th-May-2005, 11:16 AM
You can't go from Loughton to Mornington Crescent - not unless you're cheating.
By 'rushing' you to Loughton there have to be at least four moves before you can get to MC :tears:
Why is it that just as I get it sorted you either change the rules or start cheating?!
I think we should play again - I want a fair crack at the whip ( :innocent: ) this time!
S. x

Sheepman
6th-May-2005, 11:17 AM
I repeat Tower Hill
And rush you to
Loughton
(which, I'm sure you're all aware, means that a striking blow cannot be made in less than four moves :whistle: ) I wish I could give you rep for that inspired moved! :clap: :clap:

Not bad, for a beginner, but you've let me in with a fairly obvious next step, from Loughton to...

MORNINGTON CRESCENT!
I'm sorry! Who are you calling a beginner? You seemed to have failed to grasp the very basics here!
Clive has been "rushed" to Loughton, that means he cannot make a winning move in under 3 moves (I know Sparkles said 4, but in fact that would have been if Clive had been rushed to Ongar.) So the game is still at Oxford Circus.
Attempting Mornington Crescent from there will, I'm afraid, put you in Nid, so you miss 2 turns now.
I'm invoking the Mildmaize Opening (from 1984) and go for -

Station Approach

Greg

Clive Long
6th-May-2005, 11:19 AM
Like the mighty zarquan I'm a little bit late to the party

I was desperate to play eastbound to Westminster (which I know is a bit cautious) but supported by a Norrington.

I suspect Norringtons are deprecated since the introduction of the Oyster Card - so for my peace of mind before we wrap this up, can someone let me know the acceptability of Norringtons?

Rhythm King
6th-May-2005, 11:28 AM
You can't go from Loughton to Mornington Crescent - not unless you're cheating.
By 'rushing' you to Loughton there have to be at least four moves before you can get to MC :tears:
Why is it that just as I get it sorted you either change the rules or start cheating?!
I think we should play again - I want a fair crack at the whip ( :innocent: ) this time!
S. x
Nice one - I too would've rep'd you but have to spread it around a bit more.

I suspect Norringtons are deprecated since the introduction of the Oyster Card - so for my peace of mind before we wrap this up, can someone let me know the acceptability of Norringtons?

Personally, I don't have a problem with Norringtons, provided they're played according to Naismith's convention, but just so long as we don't get bogged down in any of that South East nonsense, which just serves to interrupt the free spirit of the game. Of course, now that Oyster Cards are capped at the cheapest daily rate for the zones used, using the outer reaches shouldn't be a problem, hence

Chalfont & Latimer

Graham
6th-May-2005, 11:35 AM
Moorgate

Sparkles
6th-May-2005, 12:05 PM
Great Portland Street

Sparkles
6th-May-2005, 12:11 PM
btw, I do know I could have won on that last move, but I want to see how good you guys really are :whistle: - so far I'm not so impressed, hiding behind Norringtons and eliptical maneuvers :rolleyes:
S. x

Doc Iain
6th-May-2005, 12:18 PM
Hammersmith.... for a dance!

Sheepman
6th-May-2005, 12:50 PM
Barking

Rhythm King
6th-May-2005, 12:59 PM
Barking

Surely for you it must be

Baa king

Bermondsey

El Salsero Gringo
6th-May-2005, 01:14 PM
I'm sorry! Who are you calling a beginner?The lady who said, only yesterday, "I wish I understood this!". One day's reading and suddenly she's an expert?
Clive has been "rushed" to Loughton, that means he cannot make a winning move in under 3 moves (I know Sparkles said 4, but in fact that would have been if Clive had been rushed to Ongar.)Very true - Clive cannot make a winning move in under 4 (not 3) moves, but that doesn't stop anyone else.

So my play was in fact legal - but I won't spoil your fun by interrupting...

Stuart
6th-May-2005, 02:47 PM
Surely for you it must be

Baa king

Bermondsey

I can invoke Crabbit's Law here and so bypass all 3 diagonals:

Ludgate Circus

Rhythm King
6th-May-2005, 02:56 PM
I can invoke Crabbit's Law here and so bypass all 3 diagonals:

Ludgate Circus

FOUL!

If you use Crabbit's then you must play Chancery Lane, or St Pauls

Get thee hence to the sin bin! :devil:

CJ
6th-May-2005, 02:59 PM
FOUL!

If you use Crabbit's then you must play Chancery Lane, or St Pauls

Get thee hence to the sin bin! :devil:

He was invoking Crabbit's Law. It's up to subsequent players whether or not they want to use it.

His play was legal: deal with it!! RK, I get the feeling you've never played this before. You are familiar with the rules, yes?!?!?!!? :angry:

Rhythm King
6th-May-2005, 03:12 PM
He was invoking Crabbit's Law. It's up to subsequent players whether or not they want to use it.

His play was legal: deal with it!! RK, I get the feeling you've never played this before. You are familiar with the rules, yes?!?!?!!? :angry:

It most certainly was not legal and at least some of us play with a 1952 edition Collins, like one is supposed to. Go to Waverley, do not pass go and read your Stovold while you're at it!

Graham
6th-May-2005, 03:17 PM
In that case I think I can continue from Bermondsey? If so, then Stratford

Rhythm King
6th-May-2005, 03:20 PM
In that case I think I can continue from Bermondsey? If so, then Stratford
Well at least someone knows what they're doing...

Sheepman
6th-May-2005, 03:22 PM
The lady who said, only yesterday, "I wish I understood this!". One day's reading and suddenly she's an expert? I don't recall Saying Sparkles was an expert, just a beginner who made a very worthy move! :worthy:

So my play was in fact legal - but I won't spoil your fun by interrupting... But not with approaches from the South being invalid!! :angry:

Greg

Rhythm King
6th-May-2005, 03:42 PM
Right, that does it - time for some Humberton-Snarf. Using the Vauxhall Ventral Verification, I play

Hanger Lane

:devil:

philsmove
6th-May-2005, 05:04 PM
Hanger Lane Gyratory station. That's a pretty daring move, but not a winning one. Has a lot of potential, though. Since you've opened play below the diagonal I'll go with Pudding Mill Lane

Clive Long
6th-May-2005, 05:13 PM
<< snip >> I'll go with Pudding Mill Lane
I'll apply a quick fork
Railway Cuttings, East Cheam

philsmove
6th-May-2005, 05:37 PM
Using Hancock’s rule 23 double loop throwback

Algate East

That should get you thinking.

Stuart
7th-May-2005, 12:28 PM
Pall Mall

philsmove
7th-May-2005, 12:30 PM
Oxford street

Doc Iain
7th-May-2005, 04:05 PM
Philsmove, as you know I am sure.... if you evoke Hancock’s rule 23 double loop throwback, and then subsequently mention Oxford Street (or any of the west end alighting establisments) then we automatically must go onto the Brooke-Taylor roulette and swing by earls court and from there the fniish is obvious!

philsmove
7th-May-2005, 06:55 PM
from there the fniish is obvious!

Who said anyting about finishing

Cockfosters

Stuart
8th-May-2005, 12:33 PM
I can apply the Martello convention here and go to:

The Strand

philsmove
9th-May-2005, 11:02 PM
Mornington Crescent

Piglet
9th-May-2005, 11:13 PM
Snap!

Stuart
10th-May-2005, 07:42 AM
Mornington Crescent
I should have seen that coming. A reverse turn above the Northern Line after the Martello Convention had been applied. Well played!

philsmove
10th-May-2005, 08:08 AM
Can we play late arrivals at the CeRoc ball
or do we need a new thread

Purple Sparkler
16th-May-2005, 04:23 PM
Can we play late arrivals at the CeRoc ball
or do we need a new thread

Oh please let's play it! I could never understand Mornington Crescent, but I can do the Late Arrivals (and may I say how gratifying it is to know that there are Ceroc devotees who are also into 'I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue')

philsmove
16th-May-2005, 06:43 PM
Mr & Mrs Sixtrombones and their son Zebedee

Mr & Mrs Tary-Band and their daughter Millie

Dance Demon
16th-May-2005, 06:54 PM
Mr & Mrs Peacock and their son Drew
Mr & mrs curtain and their daughter Annette
Mr & Mrs Jarse, and their son Hugh
Mr & Mrs Saints-Gomarchinin and their daughter Wendy

philsmove
16th-May-2005, 07:38 PM
Here's hoping they've had a change of clothes Mr and Mrs Agefarm and their perfumed daughter Sue.

David Bailey
16th-May-2005, 08:01 PM
Mr & Mrs Saints-Gomarchinin and their daughter Wendy
Aha! Well, invoking the double-barrel variation (St John-Smythe, 1975), I give you:
"Senor Manuelo Habras y Senora Conchita Habras"
Beat that then...

(OK, I admit it, I'm playing Mornington Crescent, I missed it the first time round :blush: )

Stuart
16th-May-2005, 10:03 PM
Some guests from Ireland:

The O'Nets and their daughter Clarrie; and
The O'Lyns and their daughters Vi and Mand.

I was surprised that they let Jo in though as I thought they were going to Ban Jo.

philsmove
16th-May-2005, 10:56 PM
Mr & Mrs Knott, and their incredulous daughter, Shirley
Mr & Mrs Sharunkle, and their fortuitous son, Bob
Staggering in, Mr & Mrs Disorderly, and their bibulous son, Duncan

Dance Demon
16th-May-2005, 11:40 PM
Mr & Mrs De Lier and their bright young son Sean
Mr & Mrs O'Door and their daughter Patti
Mr & Mrs Tation and their son Dick

Purple Sparkler
17th-May-2005, 10:28 AM
Mr and Mrs Sclubcard and their gourmand daughter, Dinah
Mr and Mrs Ginnoverra and their mistake-prone daughter Marge
Mr and Mrs Leebird and their prompt son Earl

And, of course,

Mr and Mrs Bennettees-Gotnorithem and their non-Cerocing son, Gordon

qjohn
17th-May-2005, 11:19 AM
Mr & Mrs Rochip and their computer mad son Mike
Mr & Mrs Ringer and their camponologist daughter Isobel
Mr & Mrs Mumm and their smallest daughter Minnie
Mr & Mrs Oderay and their Tv star daughter Cath
and even later arrivals
Mr & Mrs WayStreet who took a wrong turning with their son Juan

Purple Sparkler
17th-May-2005, 11:27 AM
Not forgetting Mr and Mrs Kerr, and their unpleasant Spanish son, also called Juan.

And Mr and Mrs Ming-Couplett and their poetic son Roy

El Salsero Gringo
17th-May-2005, 11:36 AM
Not forgetting Mr and Mrs Kerr, and their unpleasant Spanish son, also called Juan....nor their over-strong Dutch son Jan, their malodourous Swedish son Sten, and the dog, Perv.

Purple Sparkler
17th-May-2005, 01:10 PM
Mr and Mrs Shnikov and their NRA-member daughter, Carla

Dance Demon
17th-May-2005, 02:30 PM
Mr & Mrs Dring and their unfortunate son Roger
Mr & Mrs Idingline and their thin son Dave
Mr & Mrs Mentry and their bright young daughter Ellen

Purple Sparkler
17th-May-2005, 03:24 PM
Mr and Mrs La Trill and their uncompromising daughter Una

qjohn
17th-May-2005, 05:24 PM
Mr & Mrs Go and their enthusiastic son Mustapha

Purple Sparkler
17th-May-2005, 05:44 PM
Mr and Mrs Irishize-Arsmiling and their crooner son Owen

philsmove
17th-May-2005, 09:31 PM
Oh please let's play it! I could never understand Mornington Crescent, )

just a PM form Mrs Trellis

you should read NF Stovold’s Mornington Crescent: Rules and Origins .)

baldrick
17th-May-2005, 11:17 PM
We have our sporting guests,
Inda Poket and her Russian partner Inov The Red

philsmove
18th-May-2005, 05:20 AM
Mr and Mrs Otherwan and their son Paul T. Otherwan
Mr and Mrs Forcewinds, and their daughter Gail

qjohn
18th-May-2005, 08:35 AM
Mr & Mrs Onmebach form Liverpool and their pet tortoise Michele

Purple Sparkler
18th-May-2005, 10:14 AM
Mr and Mrs Willeibifamuss and their reality-tv star son, Wayne
Mr and Mrs Perrott-Huswives and their son, Des
Mr and Mrs Anory and their childrens TV presenter son, Jack
Mr and Mrs Zeelaye and their promiscuous daughter Annie

Oh, and the Stovolds recommendation is duly noted.

Sheepman
24th-May-2005, 03:50 PM
:clap: Next Monday, 28th May at 6:30, the return of ISIHAC!!
So we can all brush up on our Mornington Crescent/Late Arrivals etc.etc. skills. :clap:

Greg

Purple Sparkler
24th-May-2005, 04:06 PM
:clap: Next Monday, 28th May at 6:30, the return of ISIHAC!!
So we can all brush up on our Mornington Crescent/Late Arrivals etc.etc. skills. :clap:

Greg

Where are they recording? If it's anywhere gettable-to, I say ISIHACBFG!

Stuart
24th-May-2005, 05:17 PM
Where are they recording? If it's anywhere gettable-to, I say ISIHACBFG!

It usually says on the website, but for some reason it doesn't this time. I know from experience though that tickets are very hard to come by. They recorded two programmes at the Hexagon in Reading about 4 years ago, and the tickets went within a couple of hours.

Sheepman
25th-May-2005, 12:29 PM
Where are they recording? I presume they are already "in the can" as the recording is usually done several weeks before transmission, old Humph's ramblings must take quite a bit of editing out...

Greg

Stuart
25th-May-2005, 04:00 PM
I presume they are already "in the can" as the recording is usually done several weeks before transmission, old Humph's ramblings must take quite a bit of editing out...

Greg

The ones I went to actually lasted about 90 minutes each.

philsmove
12th-February-2006, 07:58 PM
no suet (http://www.unfortu.net/anagrammap/)

Stuart
12th-February-2006, 08:26 PM
Hobo Destiny!

LMC
13th-February-2006, 10:26 AM
Burst Racoon

Sparkles
13th-February-2006, 01:04 PM
Cotton Wan

Tessalicious
13th-February-2006, 01:11 PM
Foldaway Rhumba

Sheepman
13th-February-2006, 05:26 PM
Krapy Rubsnif

Baruch
20th-February-2006, 02:22 PM
Mr and Mrs Shnikov and their NRA-member daughter, Carla
Or even more aptly, Mr and Mrs Shnikov and their balletic son, Barry.

philsmove
12th-November-2006, 10:32 PM
Its back
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/comedy/clue.shtml

Cockfosters

Stuart
12th-November-2006, 11:06 PM
I'll have to follow that with

Turnham Green

Beowulf
12th-November-2006, 11:11 PM
My Relatives

Mr and Mrs Little and their under-endowed son Ivor and his brother the unintellegent Noah

Yogi_Bear
12th-November-2006, 11:16 PM
My Relatives

Mr and Mrs Little and their under-endowed son Ivor and his brother the unintellegent Noah

Arrivals at the S*x Addicts' Ball :
(and this really is from a programme several years ago, it stuck in the mind - due to its elegant simplicity)

Mr and Mrs Bates and their son.

(think about it.....).

Beowulf
13th-November-2006, 12:12 PM
I'll have to follow that with

Turnham Green

Aha.. using the Roy Lopez Gambit I see !! I'll have to make the next move

Sloane Square

CJ
13th-November-2006, 01:45 PM
Sloane Square

Tricky!!!

Of all my options, I'd have to reply with
Charing Cross...

Beowulf
13th-November-2006, 01:59 PM
Tricky!!!

Of all my options, I'd have to reply with
Charing Cross...

ah! the LeGrand Interjection !! inspired move sire !!

My next move then will have to be..

To HOLBORN and I'll play my Oyster Joker card and call a Tube strike

philsmove
13th-November-2006, 03:12 PM
Sorry not allowed, The BBC outlawed strikes in all panel games in 1966

Gallions Reach

Stuart
13th-November-2006, 05:56 PM
I'm going to have to make a reverse pass here and go to:

Blackfriars

Lou
13th-November-2006, 09:39 PM
After a reverse pass, the only real answer would be a Wilson diagonal play through the zone quadrant - hence: Neasden

baldrick
20th-November-2006, 11:13 PM
ooo can I make a cross town dive to old stomping grounds.

Stanmore Common

Yogi_Bear
20th-November-2006, 11:43 PM
Using the little known Chinese manoeuvre I am going to have to say.....
Hyde Park Corner

Beowulf
20th-November-2006, 11:50 PM
Using the lesser known literary interlude I'll use Potter's misidrection and move to

Platform 9 3/4 using the Hogwarts Express

drathzel
21st-November-2006, 12:12 AM
i dont get the rules.:tears:

but i think you should grab a unicorn and head to the mystical world of Great Victoria Street Station (belfast)

philsmove
21st-November-2006, 12:19 AM
Ah ha ...someone using the little know paddy deviation and she claims not to know the rules

St Enoch

WittyBird
21st-November-2006, 12:28 AM
i dont get the rules.:tears:

but i think you should grab a unicorn and head to the mystical world of Great Victoria Street Station (belfast)

Well if we're being silly and using mythological creatures and the such like, then I'm going to play 'Perkins rule of infinity' and get a magic carpet to take me to West Hampstead :na:

Magic carpet from St Enoch to West Hampstead

philsmove
21st-November-2006, 03:42 PM
Westminster

WittyBird
21st-November-2006, 04:27 PM
Green park

philsmove
21st-November-2006, 05:04 PM
Mornington Crescent

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

WittyBird
21st-November-2006, 07:03 PM
Mornington Crescent

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Nah you can't from GreenPark to Mornington Crescent :na: :na: You'd have to change - I therefore invoke rule no169 from Samantha's Pillow Archives

You can never win now :rofl:

So hence I choose my destination as Uxbridge......(try and get to Mornington Crescent from there :whistle: )

philsmove
21st-November-2006, 08:03 PM
Nah you can't from GreenPark to Mornington Crescent :na: :na: You'd have to change - I therefore invoke rule no169 from Samantha's Pillow Archives

You can never win now :rofl:

So hence I choose my destination as Uxbridge......(try and get to Mornington Crescent from there :whistle: )

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Yogi_Bear
21st-November-2006, 09:18 PM
Uxbridge to Mornington Crescent? No, that wouldn't be much of a challenge, not under Chinese rules anyhow. To make the game more interesting I would suggest.......Greenwich!

WittyBird
21st-November-2006, 10:16 PM
Please Learn the game Yogi ***.....#

OK if I have to ...

Greenwich DLR to Cutty Sark :rolleyes:

Yogi_Bear
21st-November-2006, 11:15 PM
Please Learn the game Yogi ***.....#

OK if I have to ...

Greenwich DLR to Cutty Sark :rolleyes:
I am playing the rules as set out by a certain Mrs Trellis of North Wales.....:nice:

WittyBird
22nd-November-2006, 12:44 PM
I am playing the rules as set out by a certain Mrs Trellis of North Wales.....:nice:

Ah the Welsh rules.... did you read rule 682?

rule 682 - these Welsh rules can only be used if you're a Chinese Monk living in a basement flat in Peckham

Yogi_Bear
22nd-November-2006, 12:55 PM
Ah the Welsh rules.... did you read rule 682?

rule 682 - these Welsh rules can only be used if you're a Chinese Monk living in a basement flat in Peckham

Naturally....but the often overlooked rule 783(a)(iii) goes on to qualify that by a let-out clause that Welsh rules can in fact be invoked by anyone married to a Buddhist...:innocent:

WittyBird
22nd-November-2006, 05:40 PM
Naturally....but the often overlooked rule 783(a)(iii) goes on to qualify that by a let-out clause that Welsh rules can in fact be invoked by anyone married to a Buddhist...:innocent:

Yes but rule 783(b) states that the buddhist must be male with a Prince Albert. :na:

Yogi_Bear
22nd-November-2006, 11:46 PM
Yes but rule 783(b) states that the buddhist must be male with a Prince Albert. :na:
wow, you are such a stickler for the rulles, WB :eek:
so may I be permitted an orthodox play.....Cockfosters?

Beowulf
22nd-November-2006, 11:50 PM
wow, you are such a stickler for the rulles, WB :eek:
so may I be permitted an orthodox play.....Cockfosters?

Nice.. but I'll have to play the Wallace Overground manoeuvre , jump ship from the Underground ,and take the number 12 bus to Peckham Rye :wink:

Yogi_Bear
23rd-November-2006, 12:04 AM
Nice.. but I'll have to play the Wallace Overground manoeuvre , jump ship from the Underground ,and take the number 12 bus to Peckham Rye :wink:

If I'm not mistaken that's a distinctly Scottish play, getting off the underground entirely, yet there is a way back via Hammersmith....local knowledge counts for something :waycool:

philsmove
23rd-November-2006, 12:35 AM
I think its time for a musical interlude from the Fraser Hayes Four (http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&safe=off&q=%2FFraser+Hayes+Four&btnG=Search&meta=) :cheers:

Missy D
23rd-November-2006, 10:22 AM
I am not even going to attempt to understand this thread! Wheres the thicko smiley!

When I first saw this thread I thought it was about Mornington Crescent being a waste of space stop. Stopped there twice yesterday and noone got on or off. Guess thats because Camden station is just a stone throw away.

baldrick
23rd-November-2006, 07:56 PM
I am not even going to attempt to understand this thread! Wheres the thicko smiley!

When I first saw this thread I thought it was about Mornington Crescent being a waste of space stop. Stopped there twice yesterday and noone got on or off. Guess thats because Camden station is just a stone throw away.

Yes, but then nobody ever gets to Morninton Crescent.

Beowulf
11th-July-2007, 11:43 AM
I pass my Oyster card to Ducasi and send him on a one way trip to Mornington Crescent making him the winner of a game he didn't play and doesn't understand.

This is a left field move and has only been performed once during the Mornington Adjudicators Strike of April 11 1970

Well done Ducasi !! :clap: :wink:

Where's his trophy?

Wobbly Dave
11th-July-2007, 11:46 AM
I pass my Oyster card to Ducasi and send him on a one way trip to Mornington Crescent making him the winner of a game he didn't play and doesn't understand.

This is a left field move and has only been performed once during the Mornington Adjudicators Strike of April 11 1970

Well done Ducasi !! :clap: :wink:

Where's his trophy?
Samantha's got it.

philsmove
11th-July-2007, 11:41 PM
Samantha's got it.

I don’t think so

Something tells me woodface has it in Cheddar George,

David Bailey
12th-July-2007, 08:16 AM
Something tells me woodface has it in Cheddar George,
Now there's a thread idea... :devil:

clevedonboy
12th-July-2007, 02:18 PM
The last of the recent series had Humph at his outrageous best

"The grand mime master of give us a clue was Lionel Blair. Since the show's end he's confined to the occassional pantomime appearence and they say he's become difficult to work with due to his mood swings.

In this year's Snow White they said one minute Lionel could be feeling Happy and the next he'd come all over Grumpy"

Legend :respect:

BBC Radio Player - Radio 4 (http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/radio4_aod.shtml?radio4/clue)

Stuart
23rd-April-2008, 06:57 PM
Some sad news:

BBC NEWS | Entertainment | Lyttelton show pulled for surgery (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7360347.stm)

Get well soon Humph