PDA

View Full Version : MJC 9 24th-26th June

Tessalicious
3rd-May-2005, 07:40 PM
I know its a little early to start talking about MJC9 (24-26th June) but I'm trying to sort out accommodation and wondering if there are any ladies out there who are going to this event but haven't made arrangements to stay, and would like to take a place in one of the hotel rooms, since the only ensuite rooms left are triples? If anyone's interested please post or pm me, ta. :)

Minnie M
3rd-May-2005, 08:04 PM
I'll be on the door (have been for all previous MJCs) - however, I will be 'slumming' it in one of the cabins - personally I think they are fine, the showers bit is a pain, and the bed is very basic - but you get what ya pays for and your neighbours are fun (especially when they have picnics and late night snacks)
See ya there (if not before) :D

Almost an Angel
4th-May-2005, 09:57 AM
I'll be on the door (have been for all previous MJCs) - however, I will be 'slumming' it in one of the cabins - personally I think they are fine, the showers bit is a pain, and the bed is very basic - but you get what ya pays for and your neighbours are fun (especially when they have picnics and late night snacks)
See ya there (if not before) :D

I'll be there the same as last year, :D and most probably on the door again - (sorry had to babysit sick grandma so I wasn't there for MJC8 :tears: ) but thanks for missing me! :flower:

Minnie M
4th-May-2005, 10:40 AM
I'll be there the same as last year, :D and most probably on the door again - (sorry had to babysit sick grandma so I wasn't there for MJC8 :tears: ) but thanks for missing me! :flower:

:clap: first time we have been apart :really: (as helpers for MJC that is) Add I did miss you lots :tears:

"Almost an Angel" good name for you :kiss: :hug: :kiss:

stewart38
4th-May-2005, 04:24 PM
I know its a little early to start talking about MJC9 (24-26th June)

For those who dont know what is MJC9 ? :blush:

Will
4th-May-2005, 04:29 PM
For those who dont know what is MJC9 ? :blush:
The 9th Year of Monster Jive Cocktail (http://www.monsterjivecocktail.co.uk)

Purple Sparkler
23rd-May-2005, 02:15 PM
I'm going but I'm booked in one of the cabins. As I've asked on the thread I rather-too-enthusiastically started before being informed about this one, anybody driving down there from London?

spindr
13th-June-2005, 05:25 PM
See you all at MJC -- got my ticket last week (well ok, forked over the cash and got a receipt anyway :) ).

Now is it too early to start booking dances yet?

SpinDr.

Paul F
13th-June-2005, 09:12 PM
Hope to be there myself. Going to be making the journey down there with a few people from the NorthWest.

Going to stay in one of the cabins as well. Ive no idea what they are like but I dont plan on spending too much time in them :grin:

Looking forward to loads of great dances :cheers:

Minnie M
13th-June-2005, 09:36 PM
Don't forget to say Hi to me and Almost an Angel (we will be on the door) :flower:

Purple Sparkler
14th-June-2005, 10:54 AM
See you all at MJC -- got my ticket last week (well ok, forked over the cash and got a receipt anyway :) ).

Now is it too early to start booking dances yet?

SpinDr.

If you're going to be in the Modern Jive room, I'll give you a dance- as you're a Basingstoke boy it's the least I can do (I grew up there- only fully moved out last year). I'll be wearing a purple sparkly top on the Friday night so that no-one can miss me! And if you know Tessalicious, she now knows what I look like- and we shall probably be dancing together at some point.

I'll be sure to say hullo to you, Minnie and Almost an Angel!

stewart38
14th-June-2005, 11:33 AM
If you're going to be in the Modern Jive room, I'll give you a dance- as you're a Basingstoke boy it's the least I can do (I grew up there- only fully moved out last year). I'll be wearing a purple sparkly top on the Friday night so that no-one can miss me! And if you know Tessalicious, she now knows what I look like- and we shall probably be dancing together at some point.

Ok whats this one like nos teachers facilities parking (cf Camber or Southport) can someone say ?

I dont live far but assume it would make sense to get accomedation on site ?

Its seems to finish at 2am each nite :sad:

RoyBoy
14th-June-2005, 01:15 PM
Echo the above (I'd quote it, but seems like such a waste of space)

Had a quick look at the website. The programme looks great. I'm totaly hooked on this West Coast - J&T blew me away at Southport, gotta have some more.

What's the accomodation situation if you are on your own.
Do you have to book in groups?

Is there a group looking to fill a place? (cash waitng)

Do I sound despareate?

Come back... over

Almost an Angel
14th-June-2005, 01:40 PM

Had a quick look at the website. The programme looks great. I'm totaly hooked on this West Coast - J&T blew me away at Southport, gotta have some more.

Do I sound despareate?

Come back... over

RoyBoy,

The good news is you can book on your own, you don't have to be part of a group. Just use the website to get the contact details and book.

Be sure to stop by and say hi to Minnie and I

The cabins are very (repeat very) basic, however you actually spend very little time in them. I know from experience (as does Minnie) that the party normally continues back in the cabins until the neighbours get too irate.

However if you need a WCS hit between now and MJC try Surbiton on a Friday with Paul or Tuesday with Cat at Hipsters.

Angel x

PeteK
14th-June-2005, 01:41 PM
I"ll be there, but in one of the cabins - judging from the other posts in this thread this should be an interesting experience??

PeteK
14th-June-2005, 01:45 PM
I'm going but I'm booked in one of the cabins. As I've asked on the thread I rather-too-enthusiastically started before being informed about this one, anybody driving down there from London?

I'm driving down Fri nite, room for 1 person and almost no luggage (small car, v small boot)......

If you can find someone with more space in the vehicle suggest you take it, but if no luck pls let me know.

RoyBoy
14th-June-2005, 03:42 PM
RoyBoy,

The good news is you can book on your own, you don't have to be part of a group. Just use the website to get the contact details and book.

Be sure to stop by and say hi to Minnie and I

The cabins are very (repeat very) basic, however you actually spend very little time in them. I know from experience (as does Minnie) that the party normally continues back in the cabins until the neighbours get too irate.

However if you need a WCS hit between now and MJC try Surbiton on a Friday with Paul or Tuesday with Cat at Hipsters.

Angel x

Thanks for the prompt response.

Just contacted a very helpful lady, whilst she was driving - honest it wisnea me ociffer. So with a bit of luck by this time on the 27th I should be basking in the reflected glow of yet another great weekend.

Assuming my Scottish spondulits are accepted, I'll be driving down from Manchester on Friday if anyone requires a lift....

Purple Sparkler
14th-June-2005, 04:08 PM
Assuming my Scottish spondulits are accepted, I'll be driving down from Manchester on Friday if anyone requires a lift....

If you can find someone with more space in the vehicle suggest you take it, but if no luck pls let me know.

OK: Pete: Exactly how little space is little? Because I'll only have, like, a weekender bag with me (about the size of 2 filled daysacks).

Roy: Would you be able to go past the nearest railway station to Bisley, if I find out what it is? Or alternatively stop off somewhere in/around London?

Almost an Angel
14th-June-2005, 04:30 PM
Would you be able to go past the nearest railway station to Bisley, if I find out what it is? Or alternatively stop off somewhere in/around London?

Nearest train station is Bisley itself, if you have the normal weekender kit (I know what I'm like) packed it's not really walkable as it's about 15-20 mins from the station. By taxi however it's only about 3-4 mins to the NRA at Bisley. Alternatively Woking Train station is about a 10 -15 min taxi ride (depending upon the traffic as it can get very bad).

Angel x

Purple Sparkler
14th-June-2005, 04:38 PM
Nearest train station is Bisley itself, if you have the normal weekender kit (I know what I'm like) packed it's not really walkable as it's about 15-20 mins from the station. By taxi however it's only about 3-4 mins to the NRA at Bisley. Alternatively Woking Train station is about a 10 -15 min taxi ride (depending upon the traffic as it can get very bad).

Angel x

Thanks, Angel! :worthy:

I assume the NRA means Bisley Pavilion. What line is Bisley on? What station in London does it come into?

RoyBoy
14th-June-2005, 05:42 PM
Roy: Would you be able to go past the nearest railway station to Bisley, if I find out what it is? Or alternatively stop off somewhere in/around London?

Haven’t confirmed that I have a place yet, but on the assumption my currency is accepted, I will be travelling down on Friday getting to the M25 around midday. Should be joining the M25 where it meets the M40 (around the Uxbridge area). Then going south on the M25 as far as the M3. Then out along the M3 towards Bisley.

If this is any help, I would be glad to throw my metaphorical cloak across the puddle.

Gojive
14th-June-2005, 06:38 PM
Some info on rail travel:

IIRC, the nearest station is actually called "Brookwood". Trains from London to Brookwood are fast and frequent (typically one every 15 mins from London), and most go via Woking. During off-peak times, you will usually change at Woking, but some peak time trains are direct. Journey time will be between 30 and 40 mins, depending on time of day.

For pick-ups from stations, I think you really have three options:

1) Pick up from Brookwood itself (advantage - if you are the car driver, and you arrive early, you can go to Bisley Camp first :D )

2) Pick up from Woking (advantage - fast and frequent service, but can be a real pain to get into or out of by car, especially during peak times!)

3) Pick up from another 'M25 vicinity station', such as Chertsey. Chertsey is right next to the M25/M3 junction, and is generally traffic free. However, journey times by rail from London Waterloo are approx 1hr!).

HTH :)

(Ps, I went to MJC last year for the first time, and thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm pleased to see Gordy & Sally teaching again this year - one of the best classes for me last year :clap: )

jockey
14th-June-2005, 11:01 PM

Do I sound despareate?

Come back... overI did 2 WCS classes and thought them well taught and well attended; further, I note the increasing popularity of WCS amongst better dancers in the South. I have a few thoughts about WCS myself but I wonder if there is a poll or a thread here - what about WCS versus Modern Jive - Pros and cons?
For instance, WCS is liked for its technicality, the marked need for good following, and "look" (judging from conversations I have had recently); but there are fewer drops and seducers and no spinning - what can equal the thrill of leading (and performing) a triple spin in a single beat?
Also if you have gone from jiving to WCS what competitions will you enter and what categories? (I can think of at least one couple who compete in MJ comps who barely qualify due to the influence of MJC)

spindr
15th-June-2005, 12:24 AM
If you're going to be in the Modern Jive room, I'll give you a dance- as you're a Basingstoke boy it's the least I can do (I grew up there- only fully moved out last year).
Ah, well I'm really a Bristolian -- I just happen to reside near Basingstoke at the moment.

I'll be wearing a purple sparkly top on the Friday night so that no-one can miss me! And if you know Tessalicious, she now knows what I look like- and we shall probably be dancing together at some point.
Well, I'll be the tall quiet reserved wallflower :)
I reckon Friday might see the (humorous) bowling shirts get an outing.

Excellent!

SpinDr.

P.S. Only seen the cabins from outside -- but they remind me somewhat of beach huts -- I tend to commute back home. The (mens) showers have plenty of hot water, but definitely have a communal air to them.
P.P.S. Marilene from Jivebug is running WCS classes by Paul Warden at Bisley this Sunday.

Purple Sparkler
15th-June-2005, 11:48 AM
1) Pick up from Brookwood itself (advantage - if you are the car driver, and you arrive early, you can go to Bisley Camp first :D )

Soooo... anyone willing to pick me up from Brookwood at about 6.30?

PeteK
15th-June-2005, 01:23 PM
OK: Pete: Exactly how little space is little? Because I'll only have, like, a weekender bag with me (about the size of 2 filled daysacks).

Put it this way, on the way to Southport I had the passenger seat full as well as the boot (but then I didn't exactly travel light). This time I reckon that in addition to the passenger seat I'll have about 1 cubic foot spare in the boot (metric equivalent - not a clue:-)). You're very welcome to a lift if you'd like it, but it might be more comfy for you with the train option in your other posts.

If you want a lift pls let me know. I'll be leaving from the Shepherds Bush area around 6 - 630 ish (very ish) on the Friday, returning Sunday evening I think - probably late.

Sheepman
16th-June-2005, 12:41 PM
(about the size of 2 filled daysacks). 'scuse my ignorance, but what on earth is a "daysack" and how big is it. And has it got anything to do with "getting in the sack" during the day? :wink:

I shall be at Bisley sometime, spinning some smooth choons for a couple of sets, though I don't have a schedule yet, so no idea when I'll be coming or going.

Greg

Purple Sparkler
16th-June-2005, 12:50 PM
'scuse my ignorance, but what on earth is a "daysack" and how big is it. And has it got anything to do with "getting in the sack" during the day? :wink:

I shall be at Bisley sometime, spinning some smooth choons for a couple of sets, though I don't have a schedule yet, so no idea when I'll be coming or going.

Greg

Daysack= rucksack of the size that schoolkids/tourists on day trips carry around with them. I use 'daysack' as 'rucksack' sounds too big, and 'daysack' is the technical term if you read the Lonely Planet/Rough Guide travel guides.

Nothing to do with getting in the sack in the day (chance would be a fine thing) or indeed with getting the sack (which reminds me, team meeting with my bastard co-workers in a minute...)

C'est plus clair, maintenant?

Tessalicious
16th-June-2005, 06:51 PM
Daysack= rucksack of the size that schoolkids/tourists on day trips carry around with them. I use 'daysack' as 'rucksack' sounds too big, and 'daysack' is the technical term if you read the Lonely Planet/Rough Guide travel guides.
2 of those? Is that all? Jeez girl you travel light - I'm bringing my whole wardrobe, probably including somethings I haven't even bought yet... :eek:

RoyBoy
16th-June-2005, 10:33 PM
Soooo... anyone willing to pick me up from Brookwood at about 6.30?

Just had my place confirmed - checked bank account and its minus lots of pounds!!! :tears:

Soooo ..... if you hav'nt had a better offer!!!! I'd be happy to pick you up :flower:

Rhythm King
16th-June-2005, 11:13 PM
2 of those? Is that all? Jeez girl you travel light - I'm bringing my whole wardrobe, probably including somethings I haven't even bought yet... :eek:

So that explains the 42 foot container lorry currently parked across 4 resident's bays in your street...

Danielle
17th-June-2005, 12:37 AM
i wanted to just come for sat night - does anyone know if you have to book tixs in advance or can you just turn up?????????

David Bailey
17th-June-2005, 09:14 AM
i wanted to just come for sat night - does anyone know if you have to book tixs in advance or can you just turn up?????????
Actually, I had the same question for Friday night - anyone know?

Lory
17th-June-2005, 09:15 AM
:yeah: Snap!

under par
17th-June-2005, 09:20 AM
:yeah: Snap!

From the web site link above the tel no is 01483224719

Sat night only = £12 p/p

Purple Sparkler
17th-June-2005, 11:11 AM
Just had my place confirmed - checked bank account and its minus lots of pounds!!! :tears:

Soooo ..... if you hav'nt had a better offer!!!! I'd be happy to pick you up :flower:

Hurrah! Is 6.30 at Brookwood OK? PM me and we can exchange phone numbers (and you can tell me what your car looks like).

2 of those? Is that all? Jeez girl you travel light - I'm bringing my whole wardrobe, probably including somethings I haven't even bought yet...

Who said anything about travelling light? I'll be bringing quite a few tops and dresses. Just not very substantial tops and dresses, if you see what I mean. :wink: All my recent Ebay purchases will definitely be in there. (Man, the clubwear and evening wear sections are ADDICTIVE).

stewart38
17th-June-2005, 11:12 AM
Haven’t confirmed that I have a place yet, but on the assumption my currency is accepted, I will be travelling down on Friday getting to the M25 around midday. Should be joining the M25 where it meets the M40 (around the Uxbridge area). Then going south on the M25 as far as the M3. Then out along the M3 towards Bisley.

If this is any help, I would be glad to throw my metaphorical cloak across the puddle.

Isnt the M25 then J10 A320 better then hitting M3 on a friday ?

RoyBoy
17th-June-2005, 01:00 PM
Isnt the M25 then J10 A320 better then hitting M3 on a friday ?

Not that familiar with the area. I'll need to study the map a bit more closely.
Thanks for the advice.

Sparkles
17th-June-2005, 01:49 PM
Am sooo tempted to come to the freestyles on Fri and Sat...
...I'm assuming from MR UP's post that you have to pre-book?
If I make it please save me some dances Spin Dr :flower: :hug:

S. x

spindr
17th-June-2005, 03:50 PM
...I'm assuming from MR UP's post that you have to pre-book?

Probably make it easier for the organisers -- there's usually some sort of wristband thing going on.

If I make it please save me some dances Spin Dr :flower: :hug:

S. x
As if you had to ask :),
SpinDr.

Minnie M
17th-June-2005, 03:53 PM
Please come, Please come, Please come :flower: and save a dance for me too :kiss: :hug:

Gojive
17th-June-2005, 05:08 PM
Yeah! I'm booked now :D (only for For and Sat though).

I look forward to meeting a few more of you :cheers:

Gojive
17th-June-2005, 05:44 PM
Just a thought Minnie - can we get orange wristbands for forumites next weekend do you know? :waycool:

Minnie M
17th-June-2005, 05:58 PM
Just a thought Minnie - can we get orange wristbands for forumites next weekend do you know? :waycool:
What a good idea :clap: will have a word with Annalisa about that :yeah: or at least an extra/alternative to identitfy us - not sure how many forumites going tho - is it too late to start a poll ?

Gojive
17th-June-2005, 06:09 PM
What a good idea :clap: will have a word with Annalisa about that :yeah: or at least an extra/alternative to identitfy us - not sure how many forumites going tho - is it too late to start a poll ?

I've just has a quick count of the replies on here so far Minnie, and I make it 10 definites, plus 2 maybes. :)

Paul F
17th-June-2005, 11:14 PM
Could anybody give me an idea of what the Bisley Pavillion is like as a venue. Im an MJC virgin you see :blush:

I was wondering about the size of the dancefloors etc. in relation to other venues eg. fulham town hall, ealing TH? Also things like the quality of the place.....places to eat, venue layout, bar....and so on. :confused:

spindr
18th-June-2005, 01:21 AM
Could anybody give me an idea of what the Bisley Pavillion is like as a venue. Im an MJC virgin you see :blush:

I was wondering about the size of the dancefloors etc. in relation to other venues eg. fulham town hall, ealing TH? Also things like the quality of the place.....places to eat, venue layout, bar....and so on. :confused:

It's what might be termed "a campus venue" -- Bisley Camp is fairly separate from Bisley town -- Bisley Pavillion is set in the middle of the National Rifle Association shooting venue (used for the Manchester Commonwealth games :) ). There's lots of buildings set in a large amount of lawns, etc.

There's 3/4 main floors -- cause the Swing Room can be split in two (which adds the Latin Room for classes). The Swing (Latin) Room(s) and Ballroom are indoors -- the Marquee is wooden block flooring in a large tent :) -- hopefully this year there will be some flooring between the Ballroom and the Marquee, so that dance shoes don't get wet walking across the grass. Obviously, all rain dancing is banned for the course of MJC :)

In previous years there's been food available in the Pavillion (hmmm bacon rolls) -- hot tea/coffee, etc. -- menu is not necessarily large -- if you've got special dietary requirements you should phone and check.

I tend to bring food with me and picnic -- so that I have the choice to buy, or not -- I prefer not to be too dependent, as it's a fair way to walk to the nearest shops -- but there is a Sainsbury's a fairly short drive away.

Yes, there's a bar in the Pavillion -- and there used to be drinks machines outside as well (useful for avoiding any queues :) ).

I guess Swing (Latin) Room + Ballrom is very very roughly about the size of Ealing TH???

SpinDr.

Paul F
18th-June-2005, 01:32 AM
It's what might be termed "a campus venue" -- Bisley Camp is fairly separate from Bisley town -- Bisley Pavillion is set in the middle of the National Rifle Association shooting venue (used for the Manchester Commonwealth games :) ). There's lots of buildings set in a large amount of lawns, etc.
I guess Swing (Latin) Room + Ballrom is very very roughly about the size of Ealing TH???

SpinDr.

Excellent. Thanks for that. It all sounds a little bit different which is what I like :)

I checked on weather.co.uk which suggested (and I use that term carefully) that next weekend will be partly cloudy - max 21 deg - min 12 deg.

To me that sounds like perfect conditions for an outdoor(ish) dance, not too warm not too cold :clap:

Of course the day that the weather forecasters are right will be a landmark day! I will pack my snow shoes just in case.

Sheepman
18th-June-2005, 01:31 PM
Isnt the M25 then J10 A320 better then hitting M3 on a friday ?Surely you mean Jn 11 of the M25?

Even so, unless you are coming from the south, and you know the area round Bisley very well, my advice is stick with the M3 option (provided there aren't any accidents on it) Otherwise you will either a) get lost, or b) get jammed up in traffic (early evening) around Woking or Cobham.

I haven't checked the website yet, but I know in previous years, tickets could be bought on the door if available. After asking last night, I do know that bookings are going well...

Greg

Tessalicious
18th-June-2005, 03:39 PM
All my recent Ebay purchases will definitely be in there. (Man, the clubwear and evening wear sections are ADDICTIVE).
Ah-hah, so I have found the culprit that keeps stealing my items by sneakly outbidding me - outrageous!

Just a thought Minnie - can we get orange wristbands for forumites next weekend do you know?
Yes please! So many of you I don't know yet (at least I don't know that I know you, if you know what I mean :wink: ) so something specific and distinctive would be fab.

David Bailey
18th-June-2005, 06:46 PM
Yes, coz that wouldn't be at all divisive...

Danielle
20th-June-2005, 01:27 PM
help!!!!

i tried calling the number given on the website to book tickets for saturday night but it always on voicemail, and i've left a message but no one has got back to me :tears: does anyone know if there's an email address to get in touch with people organizing the weekend?????

I don't wanna get all the way there to find its sold out :sad:

Purple Sparkler
20th-June-2005, 02:12 PM
Ah-hah, so I have found the culprit that keeps stealing my items by sneakly outbidding me - outrageous!

Only if you've been bidding on anything purple and sparkly recently! I tend not to do the sneaky outbidding thing though, as it's rather mean. I just put in my maximum bid about 3 hours before the end, so that the other person gets an outbid notice in time. Then if they want to spend more money than I would pay for it, they can. It's usually no skin off my nose (though there's one thing that the seller has promised to offer me on Second Chance if the buyer doesn't buy it, and it's likely they won't as they're quite flaky and bid on things then don't pay for them...)...

We now resume discussion of Monster Jive Cocktail.

I say YAY for orange wristbands. Just a shame they can't be purple. Or sparkly.

Also- who's doing what classes? I'm def. doing the Ecuador Routine. And Tessalicious and myself need to discuss who's doing what, don't we!

ESG has also given me the Cha Cha common cold- by which I mean I'm interested enough in learning more of it to do the basics class, but I'm not missing the Ecuador lessons to do it.

Sheepman
20th-June-2005, 02:42 PM
i tried calling the number given on the website to book tickets for saturday night but it always on voicemail, and i've left a message but no one has got back to me :tears: does anyone know if there's an email address to get in touch with people organizing the weekend?????
You could try enquiries@ceroc.org.uk

I'm sure Annalisa will get back to you, but if you look at the front page of the website, there's a surprising press release there which may give a clue as to why things are extra busy down in Ceroc Surrey right now!

It certainly surprised me, though I did get a little confused as to the wrong date appearing on it.

Greg

RobC
20th-June-2005, 03:45 PM
You could try enquiries@ceroc.org.uk

I'm sure Annalisa will get back to you, but if you look at the front page of the website, there's a surprising press release there which may give a clue as to why things are extra busy down in Ceroc Surrey right now!

It certainly surprised me, though I did get a little confused as to the wrong date appearing on it.

Greg
What a day to make my return to the Forum (yes, I have been away for a bit, if anyone noticed.....)

Rest assured that if you leave Annalisa a voicemail message to book your place, she will get back to you - however, if you are then unavailable and she gets your voicemail, she wont leave you a message, but try again later (so she told me - she doesn't want to start leaving a chain of voicemail messages for people).

I was with her on friday to discuss various items ready for the weekend and her phone was ringing off the hook with people wanting to book, so if you are getting her voicemail, chance are she is on the phone to someone else, or ringing back a long list of people who had previously left a message.

So, the short answer is, do ring the number given. If you end up with a voicemail message, leave your name and details and stay near your phone - Annalisa will ring you back.

If you are planning to come, please do book in advance. I don't know what the current numbers are as of this minute, but when I was with Annalisa on friday, we had well exceeded the number of sales that we had had for MJC last year, and I would hate for anyone to turn up on the door and be turned away because we were full (and yes, we have had to do that in the past - I was one of the unfortunate people on the door telling dancers that had just spent over 3 hours in the car that they couldnt come it !!!)

stewart38
20th-June-2005, 03:48 PM
Surely you mean Jn 11 of the M25?

Even so, unless you are coming from the south, and you know the area round Bisley very well, my advice is stick with the M3 option (provided there aren't any accidents on it) Otherwise you will either a) get lost, or b) get jammed up in traffic (early evening) around Woking or Cobham.

I haven't checked the website yet, but I know in previous years, tickets could be bought on the door if available. After asking last night, I do know that bookings are going well...

Greg

soory yes J11

Yes M3 ok lets hopes its not a warm kind of get away friday type thing

all im saying based on driving through woking a 1000s times during rush hour that could be a better option but its 'sods law' and if you dont have map reader M3 route maybe better

Minnie M
21st-June-2005, 02:01 PM
Saturday night freestyle is nearly fully booked - if you want to come, you need to book pretty fast

Friday Night Only £8
Saturday Night Only £12 (8 till 2am - 3 rooms + band in main hall)
Sunday Night Only £7

Full details of the Monster Jive Cocktail web site

under par
21st-June-2005, 04:37 PM
Saturday night freestyle is nearly fully booked - if you want to come, you need to book pretty fast

Friday Night Only £8
Saturday Night Only £12 (8 till 2am - 3 rooms + band in main hall)
Sunday Night Only £7

Full details of the Monster Jive Cocktail web site

Have left 2 mesages on the answer phone friday and monday and e-mailed too still know response.

i don't want to miss out on Saturday night freestyle anybody got any ideas how to get 2 tickets confirmed soonest.

A slightly deserate underpar

Danielle
21st-June-2005, 04:51 PM
Have left 2 mesages on the answer phone friday and monday and e-mailed too still know response.

i don't want to miss out on Saturday night freestyle anybody got any ideas how to get 2 tickets confirmed soonest.

she is there!!! got hold of her today, she has over 50 voicemails to go though but she is working her way though them - keep trying cos it wouldn't be the same without you!!!

David Bailey
21st-June-2005, 04:53 PM

Keep calling - she'll get back to you eventually!

RobC
21st-June-2005, 05:04 PM
she is there!!! got hold of her today, she has over 50 voicemails to go though but she is working her way though them - keep trying cos it wouldn't be the same without you!!!
And in the time it takes to get back to those 50, another 20 leave a message.......

Moral of the story - dont leave it to the week before an event to try booking your place :whistle:

Seriously though, if you have left Annalisa a message, she will get back to you, as long as you leave a number where she can contact you. Don't expect her to start leaving you voicemail messages as well.

David Bailey
21st-June-2005, 06:01 PM
Moral of the story - dont leave it to the week before an event to try booking your place :whistle:
Hey, by my standards, 1 week before is well-organised, that is.

Don't expect her to start leaving you voicemail messages as well.
Ooh, ooh! I got a voicemail! Should I save it for posterity? :innocent:

under par
21st-June-2005, 06:08 PM
And in the time it takes to get back to those 50, another 20 leave a message.......

Seriously though, if you have left Annalisa a message, she will get back to you, as long as you leave a number where she can contact you. Don't expect her to start leaving you voicemail messages as well.

I can happily tell you I have heard From Annalisa and tickets secured :yeah: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Re your moral Rob its only helpful if you know what your shifts are, I have now managed to get the evening off from late shift :flower: point taken :hug:

Gojive
21st-June-2005, 07:01 PM
Yes, coz that wouldn't be at all divisive...

I see what you're saying there David, and it got me thinking - "Am I promoting the clique concept, so recently discussed?". However...

I can see this as a great uniting rather than dividing opportunity, especially with the forumite 'bomb-burst' idea. Here's why:

First off, there are a number of registered forumites who never, or rarely post. If they happen to be at MJC, this would give them an ideal and easy way of identifying some of the more regular posters, and perhaps encourage them to join us in our ever-expanding circle?.

Secondly, those that are 'bombed', will undoubtedly ask 'what was that about?'...so we tell them - "Come and join us on the Cerocscotland forum". Hey presto! We have another batch of new members, and the group gets bigger....pretty soon, we'll swallow up all living MJ'ers, and we'll all be one big happy(ish) family!! :D

...Or am I being a little too optimistic? :blush: :innocent:

:flower:

David Bailey
21st-June-2005, 07:49 PM
I see what you're saying there David,
That's more than I usually achieve :clap:

First off, there are a number of registered forumites who never, or rarely post. If they happen to be at MJC, this would give them an ideal and easy way of identifying some of the more regular posters,
Or, you could post your photos on your profiles. And not use silly labels which lead to me being confused about poster genders :whistle: :grin:

In any group, again harking back to Usenet, there will be a few regular posters (1%), a few irregular ones (5%), and the lurkers. They're out there, lurking in a lurky way...

IMO, the best way to encourage lurkers to post, is to be welcoming, friendly and tolerant towards new posters. Just like with Fletch (irony icon, where are you when I need you?).

and perhaps encourage them to join us in our ever-expanding circle?.
Hmmm, is it expanding? Are there more active posters now than, say, 2 years ago? (Just picking a nit or two, don't mind me)

Secondly, those that are 'bombed', will undoubtedly ask 'what was that about?'...
Or will just think we're a bunch of nutters. :innocent:

so we tell them - "Come and join us on the Cerocscotland forum". Hey presto! We have another batch of new members, and the group gets bigger....pretty soon, we'll swallow up all living MJ'ers, and we'll all be one big happy(ish) family!! :D

...Or am I being a little too optimistic? :blush: :innocent:
Well, I'm not sure about the juxtaposition of "swallow up all living MJ'ers" and "am I being a little too optimistic?" :grin:

I do like the bomburst, and also the idea of going out and evangelising the all-powerful CerocScotland Forum, King of Forums, long may it reign. I may even do that myself, on a person-to-person basis. I joined because someone I know well recommended it to me, not because some stranger with an orange armband came on to me like a weirdo Jive-Acer :)

I also really don't like the idea of a visual label for "us" and "them", that seems to me to be the quickest way of creating cliques.

Sorry if this comes across too miserable-old-git-y (I know Clive has patented that approach), but I think the Forum will be attractive because it's interesting, not because of any massive marketing push. And I'm cautious about porting a virtual community to real-life events.

Besides, I suspect there's going to be enough orange on display this weekend anyway after the recent weather :)

jivecat
21st-June-2005, 08:13 PM
I'm going! I booked this afternoon. Am I the only crazy one camping? What's the campsite like?
Tomorrow, in addition to all the usual new dance outfits etc, I'm going to have to shop for a new tent. How will I cope without an iron....and a hairdryer.....and a coffeemaker.....?

Who is organising the bomburst? Will it hurt, and will we need to practise?

Purple Sparkler
22nd-June-2005, 02:19 PM
Just out of interest, are any of you folks Ecuadoring it on Saturday, or is that just me?

Rebecca
22nd-June-2005, 02:35 PM
Quick one to say have a fab weekend guys. :clap:

I can't make this one but will hopefully be on a dancefloor near you all soon. :flower:
(oh, and if you're camping may I suggest taking a neck-pillow)

Just Wiggle
22nd-June-2005, 02:37 PM
Only going on Saturday evening so won't be "equadoring"!

Does this mean, Purple Sparkler, you'll be ready to give us all a demonstration on Saturday evening?

Purple Sparkler
22nd-June-2005, 03:42 PM
Only going on Saturday evening so won't be "equadoring"!

Does this mean, Purple Sparkler, you'll be ready to give us all a demonstration on Saturday evening?

I hope so! :D

David Bailey
22nd-June-2005, 04:13 PM
so won't be "equadoring"!
Is that like, dancing Latin with ESG? :innocent:

Spice 'n' Easy
22nd-June-2005, 05:30 PM
Just out of interest, are any of you folks Ecuadoring it on Saturday, or is that just me?

I'm giving it a go :clap: :clap:

I've never done anything like this but it sounds like it will be a laugh. Haven't actually seen the routine though - does anyone know whats it like? :confused:

Purple Sparkler
22nd-June-2005, 05:48 PM
I'm giving it a go :clap: :clap:

I've never done anything like this but it sounds like it will be a laugh. Haven't actually seen the routine though - does anyone know whats it like? :confused:

Simon taught part of it at ISH a couple months ago. It looks like it'll be a lot of fun, and damn cool if the bit we learned is anything to go by.

David Bailey
22nd-June-2005, 07:11 PM
Simon taught part of it at ISH a couple months ago. It looks like it'll be a lot of fun, and damn cool if the bit we learned is anything to go by.
Explanation: I'm told by a Very Good Authority that "Ecuador" describe a complete routine the Ozzies do to the track "Ecuador" by Sash. So it's nothing to do with Latin dancing, per se. Although it sounds a bit line-dancing-y to me... (ducks and hides).

Still, I was confused, now I'm less so. Such is progress.

Gojive
22nd-June-2005, 07:29 PM
I'm going! I booked this afternoon. Am I the only crazy one camping? What's the campsite like?
Tomorrow, in addition to all the usual new dance outfits etc, I'm going to have to shop for a new tent. How will I cope without an iron....and a hairdryer.....and a coffeemaker.....?

Who is organising the bomburst? Will it hurt, and will we need to practise?

OK, the "campsite"...ummm, where do I start :eek: ...it's a small grassy area, at the back of the camp (just a short walk from the pavillion though).

The only facilities you'll have, are very basic, army style showers and toilets - (there was no hot water on at the Friday night last year either).

As you enter the camping area, the site slopes gently from your right to left. DON'T PITCH ON THE LEFT, BY THE TREES....as I did last year :blush: . It p*ssed down with rain, and of course all the water on the camp headed for my tent! :tears: .

Good luck! :flower:

Gojive
22nd-June-2005, 07:35 PM

If you mean the choreographed 5-part routine PS, then yes - I think so....sounds like fun! :waycool:

David,

"/Big mother of snip re wristbands etc..../"

I see your points :) - but I'm willing to give it a go, and try to build more bridges. However, I will of course make sure I'm not inadvertently promoting a "them and us" scenario :flower:

"Bomb-burst idea" - I'm willing to co-ordinate if I can, but a) I'm only there on Fri and Sat, and b) I've never done one before, so you pays yours money etc :eek: :wink:

Rebecca - Thanks :hug:

Look forward to seeing you all there :cheers:

Minnie M
22nd-June-2005, 07:41 PM
With two sexy gorgeous forumites (Robc & Almost an Angel) :D manning the door etc., (and me of course) we will think of something :waycool:

Gojive
22nd-June-2005, 07:45 PM
With two sexy gorgeous forumites (Robc & Almost an Angel) :D manning the door etc., (and me of course) we will think of something :waycool:

I'm sorry Minnie :tears: :tears: :tears: ....but I don't find RobC anywhere near sexy!. Hope you understand Rob :wink:

David Bailey
22nd-June-2005, 08:14 PM
David,

I see your points :) -
Stop being so flaming reasonable, it's too hot to be nice :mad:

"Bomb-burst idea" - I'm willing to co-ordinate if I can, but a) I'm only there on Fri and Sat, and b) I've never done one before, so you pays yours money etc :eek: :wink:
Oh, count me in - just not with the armbands!

David Bailey
22nd-June-2005, 08:58 PM
With two sexy gorgeous forumites (Robc & Almost an Angel) :D manning the door etc., (and me of course)
Ahem - that's three sexy forumites then? :innocent:

Makes you wonder if it's worth actually going inside, the door area sounds more fun :)

Gojive
22nd-June-2005, 09:13 PM
Stop being so flaming reasonable, it's too hot to be nice :mad:

The reason that I'm so flaming reasonable, is because it's so flaming hot, and I don't want to question you any further.... call it "flame grilled to your liking" :D :yum:

Oh, count me in - just not with the armbands!

Ok... "3, 2, 1, you're in!" :) (My armbands were deflated when I said that, honest!) :na:

Minnie M
22nd-June-2005, 09:20 PM
Ahem - that's three sexy forumites then? :innocent:

Makes you wonder if it's worth actually going inside, the door area sounds more fun :)
:blush: :whistle:

jivecat
22nd-June-2005, 10:17 PM
OK, the "campsite"...ummm, where do I start :eek: ...it's a small grassy area, at the back of the camp (just a short walk from the pavillion though).

The only facilities you'll have, are very basic, army style showers and toilets - (there was no hot water on at the Friday night last year either).

As you enter the camping area, the site slopes gently from your right to left. DON'T PITCH ON THE LEFT, BY THE TREES....as I did last year :blush: . It p*ssed down with rain, and of course all the water on the camp headed for my tent! :tears: .

Good luck! :flower:

Thanks, Gojive, for this encouraging information. Am I regretting this already? Nooo, of course not. Breathe deeply. Calm. Relax.

Neck pillow? (Ta, Rebecca.) And the blowup mattress. And the pump. And the torch. And the gas stove. And the sheet sleeping bag.

Annalise has promised me a hairdryer. Wail. :tears:

At least 9 other people are camping, so I'm told. Nobody from the forum then?

Paul F
22nd-June-2005, 11:09 PM
Oooo, im really looking forward to MJC. Only 2 days left.

I was wondering. What with my irregular visits to the forum I have no idea what the "bomb-burst" thingy is. :o

Could anyone enlighten me :nice:

David Bailey
23rd-June-2005, 08:31 AM
Oooo, im really looking forward to MJC. Only 2 days left.

I was wondering. What with my irregular visits to the forum I have no idea what the "bomb-burst" thingy is. :o

Could anyone enlighten me :nice:
See here (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showpost.php?p=126730&postcount=50) for the initial suggestion.

Of course, I'm now worried about whether it's "bomburst" or "bomb-burst"... :confused:

stewart38
23rd-June-2005, 09:57 AM

Unless you live in Newcastle cant see any other ceroc event on in the country ?

LMC
23rd-June-2005, 10:38 AM
The Ceroc London events don't always seem to make it to ceroc.com - there is a freestyle in Putney on Sat - http://www.ceroclondon.com/the_putney_club.htm

stewart38
23rd-June-2005, 10:59 AM
The Ceroc London events don't always seem to make it to ceroc.com - there is a freestyle in Putney on Sat - http://www.ceroclondon.com/the_putney_club.htm

That looks like a house !

better see if there is a thread somewhere on it

Gojive
23rd-June-2005, 12:01 PM
Thanks, Gojive, for this encouraging information. Am I regretting this already? Nooo, of course not. Breathe deeply. Calm. Relax.

Neck pillow? (Ta, Rebecca.) And the blowup mattress. And the pump. And the torch. And the gas stove. And the sheet sleeping bag.

Annalise has promised me a hairdryer. Wail. :tears:

At least 9 other people are camping, so I'm told. Nobody from the forum then?

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news JC....but there's a threat of severe thunderstorms for late tomorrow afternoon :sick:

On the plus side though, you campers will form your own little community, and help each other out - of that I'm sure! :)

Sheepman
23rd-June-2005, 01:38 PM
I've been looking at the Ceroc Surrey website, and can't find detailed directions there for getting to Bisley, so here are some of my own, that some have found helpful in the past:-

How to get to Bisley Camp and the Pavilion
1. From the M3, Junction 3, take the A322 heading south towards Guildford. Keep following this road through Bisley, then after 3.3 miles from the motorway you get to a junction with Queens Road on your right (traffic lights). There is a brown signpost to "Bisley Camp NRA" just before the junction. Turn right at these lights ** and continue on a winding road for 1.5 miles. About 500 yards before you reach the camp, you pass a sign saying "Guildford Borough" (or something like that!) shortly after this you come to a sharp bend to the left. You will find Bisley Camp on the right just after the bend. (Take care with this right turn at night, as there is an unlit island which jumps out at you!). Drive down the main road of the camp (over about 4 humps) for about 1/3 of a mile, where you will find Bisley Pavilion on the left. I presume there will be security staff there helping to direct the parking.

2. If you are coming from the Guildford direction, take the A322 northbound, and just as you enter Bisley, you will find the junction (traffic lights) with a signpost "Bisley Camp NRA", turn left into Queens Road, and proceed as from ** above.

Bearing in mind other recent weekenders that have attracted plenty of interest in WCS. I think I can say with some confidence, that with a separate room where the music is dedicated to WCS & blues, there will be a more concentrated opportunity to dance this style than we've ever seen on these shores before! :clap:
(Not that I'm biased or anything :whistle: )

Greg

RobC
23rd-June-2005, 01:50 PM
I've been looking at the Ceroc Surrey website, and can't find detailed directions there for getting to Bisley, <snip>

But if you look at the MJC (http://www.monsterjivecocktail.co.uk/) website and click on "The Venue" link, you will find directions and a map. :wink:

spindr
23rd-June-2005, 02:12 PM
Bearing in mind other recent weekenders that have attracted plenty of interest in WCS. I think I can say with some confidence, that with a separate room where the music is dedicated to WCS & blues

Hmmm, the website says "Blues & Latin" -- d'you want me to bring some Latin tracks for you :whistle:

SpinDr.

Sheepman
23rd-June-2005, 03:27 PM
But if you look at the MJC (http://www.monsterjivecocktail.co.uk/) website and click on "The Venue" link, you will find directions and a map. You're right, of course :cheers:
But for some reason, when going via ceroc.org.uk that page won't display properly with the links for me. Thanks, now I can go and study the up to date programme...

Greg

Sheepman
23rd-June-2005, 03:47 PM
Hmmm, the website says "Blues & Latin" -- d'you want me to bring some Latin tracks for you :whistle:
Now you're trying to confuse me! This is the evening schedule I found on the website...

Friday 24th June

8pm - Lessons: Modern Jive (Ballroom)
West Coast Swing (Swing Room)
Nicky Haslam's "performance" lesson (Marquee)

8.45pm - 2.00am TWO rooms of dancing:
Modern Jive (Ballroom)
West Coast Swing 'til midnight (Swing Room)
Blues from midnight (Swing Room)

Saturday 25th June
8pm - Lessons: Modern Jive (Ballroom)
Lindy Hop (Swing Room)
Nicky Haslam's "performance" lesson (Marquee)

11.30pm Cabaret Performances from:
Paul Warden, Nicky Haslam, Adam & Tas, Howard & Nicola, Natalie & Yuval

8.45pm - 2.00am THREE rooms of dancing:
Modern Jive Ball (Ballroom) Dress to Impress!
Monster Swing Ball (lindy hop) featuring "The Sheena Davis Group" (Swing Room)
West Coast Swing & Blues Marquee

The "Sheena Davis Group" performing live on Saturday Night

Sunday 26th June
6.30pm - Lessons: Modern Jive (Ballroom)
West Coast Swing (Swing Room)

7.00pm - 10.00pm TWO rooms of dancing:
Modern Jive Party (Ballroom)
West Coast Swing Tea dance (Swing Room).
As far as I'm aware, there are some slight timing changes to this, but no evening music in the latin room, as I presume that is the space that the swing room expands into during the evening.
There will certainly be the odd latin flavour track in the WCS sets of course.

Greg

Paul F
23rd-June-2005, 03:48 PM

SpinDr.

I love blues but I was really hoping for plenty of latin too.

Trouble is, what is left for the DJ in the main hall? :eek:

spindr
23rd-June-2005, 04:05 PM
See: http://www.monsterjivecocktail.co.uk

The Evenings include dancing in 2 - 3 rooms each with a different style including Modern Jive, West Coast Swing, Lindy Hop and Blues & Latin:

SpinDr.

Sheepman
23rd-June-2005, 04:22 PM
Hmmm, I see what you mean regarding that summary, though that doesn't appear on the printed programme. It certainly doesn't look like there are any slots dedicated exclusively to Latin during the evenings.

Greg

LMC
23rd-June-2005, 04:34 PM
I phoned today about the Sat evening and they had just a few places left... get in there quick!

I'm going! :clap:

Paul F
23rd-June-2005, 04:34 PM
Its no wonder we have difficulty in organising outdoor events in this country.

Take a look at the forecasts here:
www.weather.co.uk

and here:
www.bbc.co.uk/weather

for Woking.

Its anyones guess whats going to happen!

spindr
23rd-June-2005, 04:55 PM
Hmmm, I see what you mean regarding that summary, though that doesn't appear on the printed programme. It certainly doesn't look like there are any slots dedicated exclusively to Latin during the evenings.

Greg

Well, given the advertising on the website and that there's a Jango class, two Cha classes, two Salsa classes, a Latin Jive (and a couple of funky R+B classes) it doesn't seem unreasonable to expect the occasional Latin American track -- either Tango, Salsa or Cha -- or possibly some reasonably paced R+B that could be used to Salsa to.

SpinDr.

David Bailey
23rd-June-2005, 04:57 PM
So, let me get this straight, there's no Latin, even in the latin room? :tears: :eek:

RobC
23rd-June-2005, 05:10 PM
So, let me get this straight, there's no Latin, even in the latin room? :tears: :eek:
If the format is the same we have used in the past, there is no latin room in the evening. The partition is removed to enlarge the room used for WCS/Blues.

spindr
23rd-June-2005, 07:13 PM
If the format is the same we have used in the past, there is no latin room in the evening. The partition is removed to enlarge the room used for WCS/Blues.
So that it becomes "blues + latin" as mentioned on the website?
SpinDr.

David Bailey
23rd-June-2005, 08:55 PM
SpinDr.
I admire your persistence, but I suspect not. :tears:
I think "blues + blues" is the best we can expect. :sad:

Banana Man
24th-June-2005, 11:12 AM
SpinDr.

Just had a look, says this on the front page:

The Evenings include dancing in 2 - 3 rooms each with a different style including Modern Jive,

West Coast Swing, Lindy Hop and Blues & Latin:

but on the timetable page doesn't mention latin, Sat night is billed as:

THREE rooms of dancing:
Modern Jive Ball (Ballroom) Dress to Impress!
Monster Swing Ball (lindy hop) featuring "The Sheena Davis Group" (Swing Room)
West Coast Swing & Blues Marquee

:confused:

Simon
24th-June-2005, 11:37 AM
I phoned today about the Sat evening and they had just a few places left... get in there quick!

I'm going! :clap:

I'm in (like Flynn), too! :clap:

Zebra Woman
24th-June-2005, 12:04 PM

I'm in too, just for the Saturday night! :clap: :clap:

It's a very long drive on my own...so does anyone fancy a lift from Junction 13 of M1?

PM me asap if you're interested. There are still tickets available, well worth snapping them up to save a wasted journey.

ZW :flower:

Sheepman
24th-June-2005, 12:16 PM
it doesn't seem unreasonable to expect the occasional Latin American track -- either Tango, Salsa or Cha -- or possibly some reasonably paced R+B that could be used to Salsa to. Apart from the Salsa, I think you'll find a fair amount of that in the WCS sets, (maybe just a smidgin of Tango), there are also plenty of modern RnB tracks that will get played that work fine for Cha Cha. (And of course, there'll be plenty of blues in the WCS sets.)
I can't say much about the blues sets, as I won't be doing those, but I'd be very surprised if they don't include some of the classic Latin tracks.

I wouldn't expect there to be a detailed DJ schedule published. I'm just going on what is shown in the evening programme. If you want more information on the style of a particular set, then it's probably best to ask the DJ.

Greg

David Bailey
24th-June-2005, 12:26 PM
I can't say much about the blues sets, as I won't be doing those, but I'd be very surprised if they don't include some of the classic Latin tracks.
So Blues is Latin? :confused:

Scratches head, walk away, totally lost now...

OK, all I want to know is, where's the best place to find anything vaguely resembling a Latin sound?

The MJ room? The WCS room? The Blues room? Or should I just take my chances and rush from one to the other...?

Almost an Angel
24th-June-2005, 01:52 PM
OK, all I want to know is, where's the best place to find anything vaguely resembling a Latin sound?

The MJ room? The WCS room? The Blues room? Or should I just take my chances and rush from one to the other...?

On Saturday there are 3 rooms, in the main ballroom will be the Monster Jive Ball, I expect there will be some latin tracks played during the course of the evening although there is not (as far as I'm aware) a specific set.

In the Swing Room there will be Sheena Davis group playing live sets interspaced with DJ's Probably not the best place to find latin tracks.

In the Marquee there will WCS tracks & Blues (after 12 I think). As Sheepy has said there may be some latin flavour tracks played during the course of the sets.

Luckily the Jive Room (Ballroom) and the Marquee are closest to ach other with the Swing Room on the opposite side of the building.

Angel x

David Bailey
24th-June-2005, 01:57 PM
Luckily the Jive Room (Ballroom) and the Marquee are closest to ach other with the Swing Room on the opposite side of the building.

Ah, but I'm going tonight... Looks like my best bet is to kind of stand poised between the Ballroom and Marquee and listen to both, read to pounce...

Thanks for the information, though.

Lory
24th-June-2005, 02:19 PM
Ah, but I'm going tonight...
Me too! :clap:

Who else can I expect to see there tonight? :flower:

Gojive
24th-June-2005, 02:23 PM

Who else can I expect to see there tonight? :flower:

Me :cheers:

spindr
24th-June-2005, 02:58 PM
Ah, but I'm going tonight... Looks like my best bet is to kind of stand poised between the Ballroom and Marquee and listen to both, read to pounce...

Apart from the Ecuadorians there's no music in the marquee tonight :(

SpinDr

P.S. I'll be the one trying to persuade the DJ that Afro Cuban All Stars is perfectly ok for WCS .

Purple Sparkler
24th-June-2005, 03:15 PM

Isn't it 'In Like Flint'? Or am I going crazy?

spindr
24th-June-2005, 03:39 PM
Isn't it 'In Like Flint'? Or am I going crazy?
Think Errol -- a world reknowned swordsman :whistle:

SpinDr.

David Bailey
24th-June-2005, 03:46 PM

Really? :innocent:

:rofl: :rofl:

Lory
24th-June-2005, 04:02 PM
Really? :innocent:

Yes David and you're driving, so you know what that means, :devil: Hic :wink: Only joking, I promise to be on my best behaviour :innocent: :D

Anyway, I'm far too busy thinking about Simon resembling Errol Flynn now :whistle: I'll never be able to look at him in the same way again! :yum:

David Bailey
24th-June-2005, 04:11 PM
Apart from the Ecuadorians there's no music in the marquee tonight :(
So, this Ecuador thing, is it basically 5 hours of lessons to learn a routine for just one song? Anyone else thinking "Macarena" here...? :whistle:

P.S. I'll be the one trying to persuade the DJ that Afro Cuban All Stars is perfectly ok for WCS .
I'll be the one standing next to you with a salsa CD and a big :yeah: sign...

Purple Sparkler
24th-June-2005, 04:27 PM
So, this Ecuador thing, is it basically 5 hours of lessons to learn a routine for just one song? Anyone else thinking "Macarena" here...? :whistle:

Thank you for that. I'm now going to have that thought firmly wedged in my poor beleaguered brain for the whole sodding weekend.

Yes, it's 5 hours of lessons for a 4 minute track, but I've seen part of it before as I've said elsewhere, and considering there are probably quite a few unfamiliar Aussie moves involved, I'd say 5 hours was quite reasonable.

First class in 3 1/2 hours! :clap: