PDA

View Full Version : Getting to Ceroc Twyford on a Friday?

Gus
3rd-May-2005, 12:56 PM
Feel the need to see BillCo and hordes in action at Twyford. Heard great things about the club ... BUT ... how do you managed to get from North London to the far reaches of Twyford without being stuck in traffic jams all night or having to set-off 4 hours before the lesson time? :confused:

David Bailey
3rd-May-2005, 01:17 PM
Feel the need to see BillCo and hordes in action at Twyford. Heard great things about the club ... BUT ... how do you managed to get from North London to the far reaches of Twyford without being stuck in traffic jams all night or having to set-off 4 hours before the lesson time? :confused:
It's a fair old drive - from where I am (and you are!), about 1 hour+ even without lots of traffic jams. OK, "fair old drive" by my lazy standards...

But if you insist, I'd say leave around 8pm, round the A406, up to Chiswick Roundabout, on the M4, then off at J 10, up to the A4 then turn right on the A4, I'm sure multimap.com gives you details. Should get you there around 9.30pm.

But Hipsters is much closer :)

Feelingpink
3rd-May-2005, 01:26 PM

But Hipsters is much closer :)

And on its Friday nights, crowded to the point where my partners seem to spend their entire time having to look over my shoulder to protect me from other dancers (and they're the good ones). I'm certainly not going this month.

David Bailey
3rd-May-2005, 01:33 PM
And on its Friday nights, crowded to the point where my partners seem to spend their entire time having to look over my shoulder to protect me from other dancers (and they're the good ones). I'm certainly not going this month.
Yes, I tend to agree; the main draw of Hipsters on Fridays to me is that I can sneak downstairs to the salsa if it gets too busy up top.

However, Hipsters may well be less crowded this Friday, with the Camber and Twyford also on. I'm objective, I'm not going to any of them :D

Gus
3rd-May-2005, 01:34 PM
And on its Friday nights, crowded to the point where my partners seem to spend their entire time having to look over my shoulder to protect me from other dancers (and they're the good ones). I'm certainly not going this month.I'm afraid I have to concur. As much as I love the Tuesday nights I refuse to go to any venue that consistently overpacks the venue. If I go to dance venue I go to dance not spend the whole night watching my back and getting kickled to sh*t. :angry:

Mary
3rd-May-2005, 02:25 PM
Gus, if you can get somewhere in the West London area we could take you to Twyford. pm me if you want to liase - we could also put you up if needs be - but not the gorilla. :wink:

However, if you want to make your own way there it's J8/9 you want off the M4, then head West on the A4 for a few miles, and turn L opp. the Wyevale Garden Centre. Again, pm me and I can give more accurate directions.

M

Bex
5th-May-2005, 10:47 AM
Hi Gus,

Unfortunately the lovely Billco won't be there this evening :tears: but we have the fantastic Simon Rich taking the classes :grin:

Looking forward to seeing you later hopefully! :cheers:

Bex