PDA

View Full Version : Gandalf in Corrie

David Bailey
3rd-May-2005, 09:09 AM
Ian McKellen, Coronation Street. Wow. Pretty much every line was a quoteworthy gem:
- "As Hemingway once said to me..."
- "What am I thinking of, offering you mere money? A mentor should offer wisdom instead. Write in the nude" (to Norris! :sick: )
- "Kev" (to Ken :) )

OK, I'm now officially an addict for the next couple of weeks...

jivecat
3rd-May-2005, 11:27 AM
At last, a thread about a properly serious subject. :D Well done TT, I'll look forward to tonite's video culturefest. (I was out last night but have got every priceless moment on tape.)

Bardsey
3rd-May-2005, 01:56 PM
Ian McKellen, Coronation Street. Wow. Pretty much every line was a quoteworthy gem:
- "As Hemingway once said to me..."
- "What am I thinking of, offering you mere money? A mentor should offer wisdom instead. Write in the nude" (to Norris! :sick: )
- "Kev" (to Ken :) )

OK, I'm now officially an addict for the next couple of weeks...

I kept waiting for a Balrog to appear at the end of the street! :rofl: I think he is going to be a very amusing addition to the street for the next few episodes. I missed when he came into it though, so who is he supposed to be (I gather he's a writer) and how did he come to be staying with Emily and Norris. Is it something to do with their reading group or something?

David Bailey
3rd-May-2005, 03:06 PM
I kept waiting for a Balrog to appear at the end of the street! :rofl: I think he is going to be a very amusing addition to the street for the next few episodes. I missed when he came into it though, so who is he supposed to be (I gather he's a writer) and how did he come to be staying with Emily and Norris. Is it something to do with their reading group or something?
Backstory: Norris' reading group got enthused about this book, "Hard grindings", and I think he invited Gandalf along for a read - they then got starstruck and invited him to stay. And now Norris is shopping for absinthe for him :rofl:

He's clearly a massive freeloader, and I just love the way Ian Mckellen hams it up...

Stuart
3rd-May-2005, 05:06 PM
Expect to see this paradied soon on "Dead Ringers"!