PDA

View Full Version : Results - 2005 Ceroc Champs

Gus
1st-May-2005, 08:30 PM
So .......... anybody heard anything yet? All my promised contacts have so far failed to let me know what has happened. Any scandal yet? Big surprises?

Lynn
1st-May-2005, 08:38 PM
Yes, we want to know! Please!
(Everyone is probably still too busy dancing and enjoying themselves!)

Jive Brummie
1st-May-2005, 11:12 PM
Have only heard rumour so far, but King Groovy Dancer may have done very well :worthy:

Gus
1st-May-2005, 11:13 PM
First result in ......

Wongster and Donna came 3rd in the Advanced!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Nice to see all the hard work paid off!

Jive Brummie
1st-May-2005, 11:14 PM
Scotlands very own David Chu and Wendy 2nd in Intermediate :worthy:

Gus
1st-May-2005, 11:34 PM
Unconfirmed result;

2nd Will and Kate
3rd Janine and Clayton!

Now got to find out if this was for Cabaret or Open :sick:

Divissima
2nd-May-2005, 12:06 AM
Give me a moment and I'll post all the results I can remember...

Starting with the Open category:

1st Phil Webb and Yuko Kamiya
2nd Will and Kate Hargreaves
3rd Clayton Tubbs and Janine Myers

Divissima
2nd-May-2005, 12:10 AM
With apologies where I don't know the names....

Showcase:

1st Clayton Tubbs and Janine Myers
2nd Dan Slape and Kim (apologies - don't know surname)
3rd Will and Kate Hargreaves

Advanced:

1st Dale and Anita
2nd Steve and Jo (also won Aerials)
3rd Steve Wong and Donna

Divissima
2nd-May-2005, 12:23 AM
Intermediate:

1st Matt and Becki (from Bristol, I think)
2nd David Chu and Wendy
3rd Graham Gladman and partner

Dance with a Stranger:

1st Graham Gladman and Jenni Harrison
2nd Dale St Rose and Mary (apologies, don't know surname)
3rd Yuko Kamiya and partner

Aerials:

1st Steve and Jo
2nd Tony Macquaie and Mary Kyte

Old Gits:

1st Greg and Joy
2nd and 3rd apologies, don't know names

Double Trouble:

1st Emma Pettit, Alex Faulkner and partner
2nd Matt, Becki (winners in intermediate) and Jenni Harrison
3rd Paul Richards and partners

Team:
1st Black Magic
2nd Dancelicious

Apologies for all errors and omissions. I think I got every category, but it's late, and my brain is scrambled. It was a seriously good day - the standard was so impressive. Great music from Erick and his crew of DJs - especially Funky Si and Dan Hudson.

Personal highlights were the Open Final - I didn't know where to look, just jaw-dropping dancing everywhere - and Adrian and Louise making the intermediate final.

Huge congratulations to all who took part :clap:

Lou
2nd-May-2005, 12:40 AM
Forgive my usual extreme bias ;), but...

:clap: Yay! Way to go Matt & Bex, and Jenni! :hug:

Well done!

Lounge Lizard
2nd-May-2005, 10:04 AM
Well Done Steve & Jo :clap: :clap: :clap:
Great dancers and very good friends
peter

ElaineB
2nd-May-2005, 10:18 AM

Well done!

Yes, I agree, they were just fabulous!!! WELL DONE GUYS, BRISTOL AND CARDIFF WERE SOOOOOO PROUD OF YOU!!!

And a big word of thanks to our supporters - YOU WERE MAGNIFICENT :clap: :clap: :clap: I think there will be a few people without voices today!!! :rofl:

Congratulations to all those who took part and were placed or won. I agree with Claire about the Open - absolutely jaw dropping!! What about the DT though - that was the strongest DT that I have seen for a long time. Really enjoyable to watch - well done the clowns! :clap:

Oh yes - Margaret and Chris were third in the Old Gits! Sweetly danced Guys!

Now back to bed as didn't get in until 4.00am.............

Elaine

ElaineB
2nd-May-2005, 10:19 AM
While I think of it - BRILLIANT MUSIC!!!! To keep that standard up over a thirteen hour period.......... :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Well done!!!!

Elaine

Feelingpink
2nd-May-2005, 11:00 AM
While I think of it - BRILLIANT MUSIC!!!! To keep that standard up over a thirteen hour period.......... :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Well done!!!!

Elaine

Especially, by all accounts, All That Jazz; was the pole leading or following? :wink:

JamesGeary
2nd-May-2005, 11:31 AM
I don't think Viktor, Mick & Nina made the final of double trouble? When I watched the heats figured the clowns (EmmaP & Co) would get 1st place and VM & N 2nd place. Both doing totally original stuff.

There was a team called Black Magic that did magic tricks while doing the dance routine. How cool is that!! Magic tricks while dancing. Who would have thought.

ElaineB
2nd-May-2005, 12:00 PM
Especially, by all accounts, All That Jazz; was the pole leading or following? :wink:

That Rhythm King spilt the beans then? Well, it started off leading, but I soon got it under control!!!

Time for a new catergory I think............. :whistle: :wink:

Elaine

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
2nd-May-2005, 12:12 PM
Well done everyone! :clap:

drathzel
2nd-May-2005, 01:25 PM
Congrats to everyone :D especially david chu and wendy who seem (correct me if i am wrong) to be the only scottish dancer to have been placed :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

DavidY
2nd-May-2005, 01:49 PM
I really enjoyed it this year. :)
It seemed to be well run overall. :worthy: Things I noticed about the organisation:
No smoking policy - which seemed to be successful. :clap: :clap:
Free tapwater. :clap:
It ran to time. :clap:
The programme published in advance when the results would come out and generally that schedule was achieved and left time for folk to know what they were dancing in. :clap: However there did seem to be a hold up some results (? Showcase and Team Cabaret and maybe others?). Also the list of who was dancing in the Semi Finals wasn't out long before the round started.
Music seemed excellent throughout :clap:. I liked the "Northern Soul" theme to one of the rounds (Intermediates round 1 ?).
Music didn't seem too loud compared to last time I was there 2 years ago - except it seemed to get really loud after the prize giving at 11pm.
Not sure about the smoke effects in freestyle (dry ice?). Dancing is hard enough in a cramped space when you can see what you're doing. I thought we needed to be issued with fog lights at times yesterday to avoid collisions.
Food seemed OK - liked the idea of a "while you wait" pizza, although I didn't try one as I couldn't eat a whole one. :blush:
Overall I thought it was successful - most of the things I didn't like were limitations of the venue (which as previously noted, the organisers can't do much about).

stewart38
2nd-May-2005, 02:56 PM
It didnt seem to be as busy as last year till about 9pm when a lot of evening dancers had arrived then it got very busy but thin a bit after 11pm. I assume some of the ones who arrived at 11am went home then. I think for about 2hrs it was too crowded. Some fantasic dancers there, so many seem to come north of watford must be something in the water up there.

I didnt think over all the standard was as good as last year. Although the double trouble winners have added a new level to that !

Not sure what the compare meant when he said if your not dancing to rythm/beat you would be kicked out ?

Excellent day no queue to get in (last yr 25min queue at same time) . Didnt see a single cigarette and it was well organised with some excellent songs.

No need for Ariels anymore I guess. Why did only two enter. The runners up dance better in that but did less lifts.

jivecat
2nd-May-2005, 03:43 PM
No smoking policy - which seemed to be successful. :clap: :clap:
Free tapwater. :clap:
It ran to time. :clap:

Music didn't seem too loud compared to last time I was there 2 years ago - except it seemed to get really loud after the prize giving at 11pm.

The music seemed to get louder as I got tireder!

Thanks for the free tap water, greatly appreciated.

I liked the feeling of chaotic informality but it was definitely tightly organised.

Wasn't quite sure if the smoke effects rendered the no-smoking policy utterly pointless - what does come out of those jets?? :eek:

I'd been warned about how grotty the venue was but was still a bit fazed on leaving the beautiful May sunshine outside to stumble through the dark, dingy maze inside. However it was OK in the end. The ladies' changing facilities were peaceful & cool with enough space to relax in.

The dance floor was pretty appalling. I can understand if it wasn't possible to fill in the ruts in it, but couldn't they, like, just wash it, or something? :confused:

I think Graham and Marianne from Nottingham came third in the Old Gits.

The dance floor was horribly overcrowded from the end of the finals to around 11- too crowded to really enjoy a dance.

Did the Black Magic team come from Scotland? There seemed to be a blue & white theme. Or am I missing something?

Stewart 38, I assume that the compere meant that if couples didn't dance in time then they wouldn't get into the next round of the competition. Seems fair enough to me. I rather enjoyed having him barking advice, instructions and encouragement (Come on, you're flagging, only another minute to go! Watch out for that tricky rhythm change!) from the stage as the dances proceeded. Was Mike Ellard a teacher in a previous life?

Graham W
2nd-May-2005, 03:51 PM
It was all very entertaining....

:-)

my personal fav was Dan & kim's showcase - a theme, of sorts & used the floor well & a track I like, pleased for Jennie - she's been a consistent performer in DWAS over the last 4 years or so & Matt & Becki have followed up from Simon to put continued life into the Bristol jive scene - with Ceroc Gloucs up the road - we are getting spoilt here - were there many midlands competitors.., i wonder

V high standard - (hey, well done Anita!, btw - I am happy to be put to one side for a partner of that quality!),

better services this time in venue, thu with fewer people inside it's tackiness was a bit revealed I must admit..., in my opinion

G :-)

Will
2nd-May-2005, 05:06 PM

Well done!!!!

Elaine :yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

Congratulations to Bradders and the team for putting on such a fantastic event. The lack of smoking, the fact that we could take in our own food and the bar was giving away tap water made the day even better than the previous years.

The atmosphere was electric as usual too.

What struck me was that at Midnight when it was all over. We went outside to see coaches waiting to take people to all different parts of the country. It really underlined how "National" the Champs really are!

Well done to everyone, particularly Phil & Yuko, who now need to take my advice and retire!

:cheers:

Will

DavidY
2nd-May-2005, 05:07 PM
Just thought of a suggestion for 2006.

Only a minor one, but I found myself spending time juggling with safety pins, moving my dance number card from one top to the next, checking it was vaguely straight, etc.

I'm sure I missed dancing to at least one excellent track as a result. :tears:

I think I saw another competitor dancing with a number pinned to his top upside-down, presumably shortly after dancing in another round in a different top.

I think it's a sensible idea to give one number to one person no matter how many competitions they enter. But maybe the organisers could send out two identical cards with the same number on to anyone entering more than one competition?

How about it for 2006?

DavidY
2nd-May-2005, 05:15 PM
Not sure what the compare meant when he said if your not dancing to rythm/beat you would be kicked out ?I'm not sure he said it in quite those words. However on the Champs website they published the judging criteria before the competition, here. (http://www.cerocchamps.com/categories.htm#definitions) The first thing it says in section 1 is:
1. TIMING

Timing is the most important criteria in any competition. Every dancer should know what this means, and to good dancers it is a natural expression of the music. In any competition if a couple are dancing "off time" i.e. not in time with the music, then it does not matter how good everything else is, they will simply not get any marks.

Tessalicious
2nd-May-2005, 07:10 PM
There was a team called Black Magic that did magic tricks while doing the dance routine. How cool is that!! Magic tricks while dancing. Who would have thought.

:yeah: Congrats to the Black Magic team Karen, Glen, Paul, Charlie, Kielan and Boba for a fab routine and well-deserved award!

:worthy: :clap:

Robin
3rd-May-2005, 01:23 AM
The dance floor was horribly overcrowded from the end of the finals to around 11- too crowded to really enjoy a dance.
Oops - sorry. That was our set - next time we'll try to play a crappy set and then you can have an empty dancefloor :whistle:
In all honesty you have all the competitors able to let rip at this time, the evening attendees are chomping at the bit so it was bound to be a wee bit crowded.
Did the Black Magic team come from Scotland? There seemed to be a blue & white theme. Or am I missing something?
Just to put you out of your misery wondering, they are Ceroc Romford (Essex) and they really deserved it !!!
Was Mike Ellard a teacher in a previous life?
:rofl: As opposed to what exactly in this life ?

David Bailey
3rd-May-2005, 08:03 AM
That was my first thought - but on re-reading, I think she meant "schoolteacher", yes? And yes, Mike certainly does like to own the mike :)

jivecat
3rd-May-2005, 08:12 AM
Oops - sorry. That was our set - next time we'll try to play a crappy set and then you can have an empty dancefloor :whistle:
In all honesty you have all the competitors able to let rip at this time, the evening attendees are chomping at the bit so it was bound to be a wee bit crowded.Just to put you out of your misery wondering, they are Ceroc Romford (Essex) and they really deserved it !!!

Hi Robin

My post seems to have thoroughly offended you all round, quite unintentionally, I can assure you.

The dance floor WAS crowded - I can see the reasons why, and I certainly wasn't trying to criticise the music, though I was probably beyond appreciating it by that time!

I thought Black Magic were brilliant as well- and thoroughly deserved it their win. Did I say anything different from this? And a lot of people are quite proud to come from Scotland.........

As a non-participator in the South East Ceroc scene all I know about Mike Ellard is that he is a Ceroc organiser. Now you say it, it seems obvious that he is a Ceroc teacher as well, but I was thinking more along the lines of the secondary school hack when I made that remark. I hope it was obvious that I wasn't trying to insult him!

David Bailey
3rd-May-2005, 08:21 AM
My post seems to have thoroughly offended you all round, quite unintentionally, I can assure you.

Hey, that's what he lives for .... :)

On a more serious note, I for one appreciate an honest opinion, and I got more information out of your posting than from anyone else's on the thread. It was unbiased, even-handed, and reasonably objective. You went there, you shelled out serious cash for the privilege, you have a right to a good experience. I thought there was a bit too much back-slapping going on already, I'm glad someone provided a "user viewpoint".

It's much more valuable feedback to find out what was wrong than to find out what was right. It also sounded like you enjoyed the evening, which is the main thing.

As a non-participator in the South East Ceroc scene all I know about Mike Ellard is that he is a Ceroc organiser. Now you say it, it seems obvious that he is a Ceroc teacher as well, but I was thinking more along the lines of the secondary school hack when I made that remark. I hope it was obvious that I wasn't trying to insult him!
You'd have to do a lot worse than that to get under Mike's skin, believe me - I also don't think Robin was upset. Background is that Mike's been teaching Ceroc for, oooh, ever, basically (OK, 15+ years at least), and he and Linda now own the Ceroc organisation. So hopefully he knows what he's doing :)

However, there's no shame in not knowing those details, especially as he's such a shy, modest and retiring character ... :whistle:

Fiver
3rd-May-2005, 09:45 AM
What a fantastic day! Have never enjoyed Hammersmith so much.

The music was spectacular ALL DAY!!!

Special congrats to Matt & Becky for the Intermediate section - you glistened out there, and Jenni & Graham in the lucky dip, well deserved and a spectacular preformance.

Jenni, thanks for all your hard work with the team and by the way, yes, I'd love to be in the next one if you'll have me and if not can't wait to see what you'll come up with next.

PS Pizza's were great. ;)

stewart38
3rd-May-2005, 09:48 AM
I think I saw another competitor dancing with a number pinned to his top upside-down, presumably shortly after dancing in another round in a different top.

I think it's a sensible idea to give one number to one person no matter how many competitions they enter. But maybe the organisers could send out two identical cards with the same number on to anyone entering more than one competition?

How about it for 2006?

I thought they did this year ?

DavidY
3rd-May-2005, 09:55 AM
I thought they did this year ?I was entered in 2 categories where I wore a number, and only had 1 card with my number on. A second card with the same number would have saved me a fair amount of safety pinning.

Sparkles
3rd-May-2005, 10:30 AM
Having worked all day at the Champs for the first time this year I have to say I was impressed with the efficiency with which it was run and the fact that so many of the competitors' suggestions were taken on board. The staff were all given individual attention by the management so that we could be of as much help as possible to the competitors and spectators (I hope we did our jobs OK) and it was nice to be rewarded for our efforts too.

I was allowed breaks to go and watch the dancing and I was completely blown away by some of the dancing I saw - well done to everyone :clap: - and I would like to especially mention the standard of dancing in the Lucky Dip finals which just goes to show how many great dancers there are out there :worthy:.

I hope that those who have been displeased with the event in the past would consider giving it another chance next year - it ran smoothly and full credit must be given to David Bradley, Mike Ellard, Christine (who worked her socks off during the day) and Val who was a brilliant MC.

It was lovely to see the Scottish contingent :hug: and so many people from all over.
Thank you to Dan Hudson and Franck for saving us poor souls on front of house with a supply of chocolate :drool: and to everyone who came to say hello/have a chat/keep us company during the day. :cheers:

S. x

Robin
3rd-May-2005, 10:30 AM
Hi Robin
No offense taken at all - just beeing myself - ever so mildy sarcastic/cynical! Sorry if you got the wrong end of the stick ... don;t take me serously - no-one else does !
The dance floor WAS crowded - I can see the reasons why, and I certainly wasn't trying to criticise the music, though I was probably beyond appreciating it by that time! I know - was just having a bit of fun - with 1000+ people in the room though, its rather hard to imagine the dancefloor *not* being crowded - especially with everyone hanging around for the results !
I thought Black Magic were brilliant as well- and thoroughly deserved it their win. Did I say anything different from this? And a lot of people are quite proud to come from Scotland......... I was being more serious and informative - also a bit tongue in cheek as being part of the UrbanMetro team, we pipped them to the post last year ... we brought back the trophy for them on Sunday though!

DavidJames has said all their needs to say about Mike - but just to add .... I did more first Ceroc class about 14 years ago - and Mike was my teacher!

David Bailey
3rd-May-2005, 10:58 AM
DavidJames has said all their needs to say about Mike
Hah, not by a long shot - except to add that he's the best MJ dance teacher I've learnt with.

I did more first Ceroc class about 14 years ago - and Mike was my teacher!
Me too! Ooer, that's spooky, wonder if it was the same class? :)

jivecat
3rd-May-2005, 11:05 AM
[QUOTE=Robin]... don;t take me serously - no-one else does ! [QUOTE]

OK, will do. :flower: :hug: My sense of humour must have had a lie-in this morning.

I did really enjoy the day, honest!

Simon r
3rd-May-2005, 11:22 AM
Give me a moment and I'll post all the results I can remember...

Starting with the Open category:

1st Phil Webb and Yuko Kamiya
2nd Will and Kate Hargreaves
3rd Clayton Tubbs and Janine Myers

Well done to everyone that took part......
The champs ran perfectly all day and for me was the best organised comp i have attended ... great music ...(loved the Prodigy remix Eric)
Fantastic final will be great to see the dvd a big big round of applause to Phil and Yuko love you lots ...
Simon

Rhythm King
3rd-May-2005, 12:11 PM
This was my first Champs since 2002, having been to most of the previous ones from year one onwards. I have to say there was a marked improvement in every area of the organisation, from walking through the front door, to events running to time, the no smoking policy, availability of water, the food stands - everything. For Andy McG's benefit, there was even black and yellow hazard tape on the underneath of the stairs :wink: . Well done to David Braddley and all his hard-working support team, for putting in the effort and taking on board all of the criticisms raised on the forum. And well done also to Mike Ellard, for stepping into the Master of Ceremonies role at the last minute and remaining chipper all day, in spite of a very late finish sorting out all the last minute details the night (morning?) before.

The DJs did a good job with the music too. Apart from one or two segues between tracks (my pet hate :devil: ), to keep that quality of tunes going over 13 hours was outstanding.

As to the competitions themselves, the standard just seems to keep getting higher every year. I enjoyed the day very much and apologise to those people I didn't get to dance with, and also for wimping out and leaving early (23:00-ish) :blush:

R-K :clap:

Sheepman
3rd-May-2005, 12:47 PM
Before I start with the "feedback" (I don't see it as moaning :whistle: ) I'd just like to say I had a fab day on Sunday, I think my best at the Ceroc Champs so far, but that's mainly because with it being my third year, I have the experience to know best how to do it. I was feeling very guilty about only having danced with 4 people all day, 2 of those being my competition partners, but I did know that the floor would be too crowded to enjoy much dancing in the freestyle.

Now the feedback -

The music seemed to get louder as I got tireder! I did go up to the DJ at one point mid afternoon to say it was getting too loud, she did turn it down a tiny notch at the time. I spent at least a couple of hours away from the venue during the day, top make it more bearable.
I still think that wiht an event that goes on for so long, the only way for the levels to work properly, is for the DJs to be sited somewhere in front of the speakers, never behind.

Thanks for the free tap water, greatly appreciated. This was also true of the previous 2 years, but I didn't have to queue once this time! :cheers:

Wasn't quite sure if the smoke effects rendered the no-smoking policy utterly pointless - what does come out of those jets?? :eek: :yeah: I was lucky enough to have been nowhere near the floor when the smoke effects were going on. I did spot one person smoking during the evening near the dancefloor, but he was gone before I could grab him. Apart from this the only problem with smoke would have been for the door staff, all the smokers were standing just outside the main doors, and the smoke was drifting straight back in the entrance, at times it was disgusting in there.

The dance floor was pretty appalling. I can understand if it wasn't possible to fill in the ruts in it, but couldn't they, like, just wash it, or something? :confused: I think we have to accept that if the Palais is the venue, this is the floor we get. Even if (I assume it was cleaned) the floor is spotless ( :rofl: ) on arrival, (which doesn't mean it would be a good floor anyway,) the carpets are so sodden and sticky, that this is going to be spread to the dancefloor soon enough. (And of course drinks were being spilt on the edge of the floor.) I wore one pair of almost new suede shoes for about an hour, I couldn't believe how disgusting they got in that time, it looks like they've been danced in for about 6 months already. :eek:

A huge :clap: for all the staff, certainly no complaints there!

Greg

bigdjiver
3rd-May-2005, 01:57 PM
If they give out duplicate numbers someone will, by accident or design, manage to get both of them onto the dancefloor at the same time. (Oh, what a jolly jape.)

Easter Bunny
3rd-May-2005, 04:50 PM

Well done!

Yeah well forgive my bias as well - but CONGRATULATIONS AND BIG THANKS to Jenni, Matt and Becki for helping to put Bristol on the map again. :clap:

Bristol girls do consistently well at DWAS, winning or being placed in all the major competitions ie. Lesley (Brighton 1st 03); Elaine (Hammersmith 1st 04 and 3rd Blackpool 04) and Jenni (placed at Blackpool 03 I think and 1st at Hamersmith 05).

I am sure I have left details / girls off this list - but someone will put me right.

Also Congratulautions to Phil and Yuko, who were an absolute joy to watch as always. :yum:

and a BIG thank you to Jenni for all the hard work and patience in putting together the team cabaret - dealing with 18 hormonal girls every week and not losing your cool is no mean task. :eek:

Can't wait for the next one - hunting for costumes, having ideas in the middle of the night and finding out the next morning you were thinking exactly the same thing at the same time - oooooh spooooky! :hug:

Tiggerbabe
3rd-May-2005, 09:02 PM
WOW! What a fab weekend :clap: :clap: This is a lovey post! No apologies :eek:

Had a great night in Finchley - many thanks to the Ceroc Metro Crew, especially Tez and Robin, for showing us such hospitality and to everyone there for the lovely dances. It was fun watching Viktor, Mick and Nina practice their "double trouble" and also watching Franck and David B dancing together (pics to follow :D ).

I had an amazing time on Sunday - still on a high! A great champs - well done to everyone who was involved in the organisation and running of it.

Huge congrats to Sassy 1 - her first DWAS comp and she and her partner (Andy?) made it to the 3rd round.
Wendy and David - I've almost no voice left from shouting so much. Thoroughly deserved your success - you looked so good in that final - and what a fab fast track - well done Erick!

Have to agree with the others about the Open final - it was brilliant! So chuffed for Phil and Yuko, although I'm glad I didn't have to judge.

Loved Clayton and Janine's showcase and also the "Magic" cabaret - great choice of colours on that flag :clap: :wink:

Huge congrats to Sheepy and Joy on their win in the Old Gits :hug:

Congrats to the newly promoted Emperor Groovy Dancer himself, and his lovely partner, of course.
Not that I saw much of them:wink: A huge hug for Andy - who asked me to do the Advanced at about midnight on Saturday. (Think Lory, the dance pimp, might have had something to do with it :whistle: )
And thanks to everyone for their encouragement when we made it to the final - Divi and Toby :hug: I could hear you guys shouting!

Was great to see everyone again, especially those who made it back to the Peacehaven for the traditional "post champs" Scottish party :drool:
A fab night once again, lots of great dancing (a foot massage competition between a tigger and a sheep :wink: ) and of course Champagne.

A special mention to Tony for 4 or 5 awesome dances on the stage after the awards ceremony :drool: I lost count *sigh*

jivecat
3rd-May-2005, 09:35 PM
A huge :clap: for all the staff, certainly no complaints there!

Greg

Especially the ladies' cloakroom attendants who offered me a Nigerian husband!

Gladrags
4th-May-2005, 08:13 AM
The champs did seem to run pretty smoothly! Thanks to the organisers.

While I'm here, a huge thanks from me for all the amazing support from the Bristol crowd whilst in the DWAS with Jenni. It was pretty weird having what seemed like half of Bristol calling our names. Cheers. :clap: Well done also to Matt and Becki, success very much deserved.

Graham.

Of course thanks also to all the Reading / Swindon crowd who pushed Rachel and I through the intermediate. What a day. :clap:

Sal
4th-May-2005, 12:27 PM
Being a member of the forum, and reading the comments on the champs for the past couple of years, I was not sure what to expect on last sunday.
I have to admit to being very pleasantly surprised. The organisation was excellent, so many suggestions and critical comments had been taken on board (it did make me laugh when I saw the hazard warning tape under the stairs)!

Thank you so much to the people who came to talk to us on the door, we really appreciated it. The lucky ones tended to get head and shoulder massages if they stayed still too long! Huge thanks to those kept me going by dancing with me during the day - whether on the dance floor or at the front door! :hug:

The competition dancing that I did see was amazing. Congratulations to everyone who competed, just by getting up and dancing in front of all those people is an acheivement in my book. :flower:

Thank you so much to the scottish contingent for their hospitality - the champagne and dancing to 4.30am :eek: was just what I needed! Oh, and if anyone has every wondered, sheepy foot massages are good, but the tiggerbabe really knows her stuff. I am sorry, sheepy, but she won the foot massage battle!

DavidY
6th-May-2005, 12:40 AM
I see the official results are now up on the Ceroc Champs website (http://www.cerocchamps.com/results.php) (although I can see at least one mistake in them :wink: ).

Lou
6th-May-2005, 08:02 AM
(although I can see at least one mistake in them :wink: ).
:yeah: :mad: :angry:

Easter Bunny
6th-May-2005, 11:37 AM
I see the official results are now up on the Ceroc Champs website (http://www.cerocchamps.com/results.php) (although I can see at least one mistake in them :wink: ).

:yeah: Not sure if you were talking about 1st in the Intermediate section (i.e Kymme Stanton, where it should have been Becky Rendell) but I have contacted them and asked them to change it if possible.

With Becky's name emblazened in Blue light across her bootie, how could anyone possibly get her name wrong ? :hug:

Easter Bunny
9th-May-2005, 10:41 AM

The correction I requested re: Becky and Matt in the Intermediate section has been done by David at Ceroc as soon as I reported it to them :clap: - so if this is not the mistake you noted - let them know and they will put it right.

Lou
9th-May-2005, 12:25 PM
The correction I requested re: Becky and Matt in the Intermediate section has been done by David at Ceroc as soon as I reported it to them :clap: - so if this is not the mistake you noted - let them know and they will put it right.
That's weird.

I also wrote to them, got no reply, and when I look at the website from here it still says Matt & Kymme. (And I even refreshed my cache!). Ho hum. :(

DavidY
14th-May-2005, 06:49 PM
That's weird.

I also wrote to them, got no reply, and when I look at the website from here it still says Matt & Kymme. (And I even refreshed my cache!). Ho hum. :(That would be because there are two different results pages on the website.. :whistle:

1 From Cerocchamps.com home page, in the middle it says "to see this year's results, click here". If you follow this, you get to http://www.cerocchamps.com/results.php which still has the wrong names.

2 From CerocChamps.com home page, on the left hand side there is a menu of options - click on "Results" and choose "Winners 2005". If you follow this, you get to http://www.cerocchamps.com/results2005.htm which has different names (presumably the correct ones).

One of the hazards of web design I guess.

David Bailey
14th-May-2005, 08:48 PM
That would be because there are two different results pages on the website.. :whistle:
One of the hazards of web design I guess.
:eek: One of the hazards of extremely poor web design, I'd say.

Also, clicking on the "Results" link by itself simply reloads the home page. Good grief, how amateurish...

Another discrepancy, the Old Git 3rd place, was either "Graeme McDonald & Mariane Armstrong-Holmes" or "Graeme McDonald & Lynne Pearson", depending on which version you believe. Either way, Graeme's OK :)

With both PHP / HTML linking, use of frames, and duplicate (and inconsistent) pages, it's amazing people managed to find their way there at all... :whistle:

DavidY
15th-May-2005, 02:04 AM
Another discrepancy, the Old Git 3rd place, was either "Graeme McDonald & Mariane Armstrong-Holmes" or "Graeme McDonald & Lynne Pearson", depending on which version you believe. Either way, Graeme's OK :)Yes Graeme was in two finals. :worthy:
He danced with Lynne in the Intermediates Final and came 3rd with Mariane in the Old Gits Final.

David Bailey
15th-May-2005, 07:43 AM
Yes Graeme was in two finals. :worthy:
He danced with Lynne in the Intermediates Final and came 3rd with Mariane in the Old Gits Final.
Ahhh.... So http://www.cerocchamps.com/results2005.htm is correct, as it shows Graeme and Lynne in Intermediates and Graeme & Mariane in the Old Gits.

And http://www.cerocchamps.com/results.php, which shows Graeme and Lynne for both categories, is therefore incorrect?

Purple Sparkler
16th-May-2005, 04:56 PM
The 2005 Champs were my first ever, and despite being knocked out in the first round of the Lucky Dip (partly because all my confidence and style yelled "F**K! I'm hiding!" and disappeared the minute I heard the compere say "OK guys, this is the real one", partly through having a partner who was more interested in choosing his shirt than practising, and who didn't especially care how he did in Lucky Dip as he was in two other categories anyway), which upset me as I felt like I'd let the ISH side down, I still had a fantastic day. Loved Black Magic, and the Double Trouble (I did think the clowns were great), showcases etc- it's really inspiring even watching such amazing dancers. It was worth being exhausted at the end of the night- and I'm definitely going again next year.

DavidY
17th-May-2005, 01:18 PM
Ahhh.... So http://www.cerocchamps.com/results2005.htm is correct, as it shows Graeme and Lynne in Intermediates and Graeme & Mariane in the Old Gits.

And http://www.cerocchamps.com/results.php, which shows Graeme and Lynne for both categories, is therefore incorrect?Yes... or at least it was when you posted it.

Now both pages look the same, but Mariane's been taken off the Old Gits results and Lynne's back there. So they're both incorrect now. :rolleyes:

David Bailey
17th-May-2005, 01:38 PM
Yes... or at least it was when you posted it.

Now both pages look the same, but Mariane's been taken off the Old Gits results and Lynne's back there. So they're both incorrect now. :rolleyes:
:rofl: :rofl:

Well, at least they're consistent - the usability expert in me prefers that, but then he's a bit of a weirdo.