PDA

View Full Version : Ceroc in Belgium?

M'lijn
29th-April-2005, 04:44 AM
Hi!

I'm new to Ceroc ( started in November ) and I just love it. :clap:
I know that I still can't remember a routine for more than 1 week ( I truly hope that's a curable disease? )...
I live in Adelaide ( Australia ) and will be in Belgium from 25/5 till 16/6. I was wondering how not to forget everything I learned in the past few months and was hoping that any of you could give me advise as to where to go for a class or a proper dance venue... :confused:
Thanks!

Will
29th-April-2005, 11:12 AM
Afraid that as far as I know the closest ceroc to you is in Munich. (which isn't very close at all! - Infact as the crow flies, Brighton is probably nearer, but then there's the small issue of the English Channel!)

El Salsero Gringo
29th-April-2005, 11:18 AM
Why not pop over to London for a weekend?

Northants Girly
29th-April-2005, 11:34 AM
Afraid that as far as I know the closest ceroc to you is in Munich. (which isn't very close at all! - Infact as the crow flies, Brighton is probably nearer, but then there's the small issue of the English Channel!)Yeah - dosn't look like theres much on Jive wise in Belgium. :(
You'll just have to stick to the beer and chocolate . . . . . what a drag! :drool:

Mary
29th-April-2005, 12:10 PM
Why not pop over to London for a weekend?

Or Aberdeen, or Edinburgh? I hear they are quite civilised north of the border these days. :wink:

There's always something going on and it is possible to get cheap flights. Meanwhile I shall be envious of you having ready access to my favourite Belgian beer!! :drool:

M

RogerR
30th-April-2005, 02:10 PM
Ceroc is a UK trade mark for a UK company and franchise system etc. The style was known as French or Modern Jive in some places and the French still have their le Roc style and it is popular there see http://danse-a-2.com/ for details perhaps they will have Belgian venues listed, or you can nip into France for a bop. Dont expect it to be the same as a UK or Auz style in detail though.

RogerR
30th-April-2005, 02:42 PM
Yes they have a Belgium page - select a map from the dropdown boxes.

M'lijn
2nd-May-2005, 03:31 AM
Yes they have a Belgium page - select a map from the dropdown boxes.
<Ceroc is a UK trade mark for a UK company and franchise system etc. The style was known as French or Modern Jive in some places and the French still have their le Roc style and it is popular there see http://danse-a-2.com/ for details perhaps they will have Belgian venues listed>

Thanks for the tip, but they are looking for webmasters for their links in Belgium... Anyway, what they advertise seems to be very limited, but I posted a question to them, you never know, I might get a reply...

Unfortunately I won't be able to come to England or Scotland or whereever "overseas" from Belgium, cos my family won't let me go, I'm going to visit them after 2 years in Australia... Definitely next time I come back to Europe!

M'lijn
2nd-May-2005, 03:35 AM
Yeah - dosn't look like theres much on Jive wise in Belgium. :(
You'll just have to stick to the beer and chocolate . . . . . what a drag! :drool:

You can't believe how much I missed the Belgian chocolate here down under! As for the beer, well, I spent last night in the Belgian Beer Cafe in Adelaide, so... I can't complain... :cheers: