PDA

View Full Version : Beach Boogie / Weston Super Mare - How to get there?

Sheepman
28th-April-2005, 12:53 PM
No doubt there are a few people who have noticed that this year the Weston-S-M competition clashes with the first day of Beach Boogie, (23rd July).
My plan for getting there was going along these lines -
Drive to Weston on the Friday, with everything needed for the week on the IoW. After the competition on the Saturday, driving to Southampton for the ferry, (say around a 3 a.m. crossing) Maybe a couple of dances at BB before bed.

Mrs Sheepy is complaining :eek: that she needs the car to get to BB on the Saturday.

So is there anyone who is planning to travel to the IoW on the Saturday, from the London area, who could share transport and costs, or alternatively will be at Weston, and travelling straight from there to the IoW.

I know there is plenty of time to go on this, but it does feel like it's going to get complicated!

Greg

Rhythm King
28th-April-2005, 04:18 PM
No doubt there are a few people who have noticed that this year the Weston-S-M competition clashes with the first day of Beach Boogie, (23rd July).
My plan for getting there was going along these lines -
Drive to Weston on the Friday, with everything needed for the week on the IoW. After the competition on the Saturday, driving to Southampton for the ferry, (say around a 3 a.m. crossing) Maybe a couple of dances at BB before bed.

Mrs Sheepy is complaining :eek: that she needs the car to get to BB on the Saturday.

So is there anyone who is planning to travel to the IoW on the Saturday, from the London area, who could share transport and costs, or alternatively will be at Weston, and travelling straight from there to the IoW.

I know there is plenty of time to go on this, but it does feel like it's going to get complicated!

Greg

I'm taking Joe Enwright - will have room for Mrs Sheepy, provided the luggage situation doesn't get out of hand (Joe's and mine, not hers! :wink: ). Actually she could pre-pack a lot of her stuff in your car, couldn't she. Then I'd have more room for the fridge, booze, kitchen sink, etc in the back of Car. BTW, there has been a muck up on the ferry deal with Red Funnel. Nina is attempting to sort out it out, but it should end up as a car + 3 pax.

Cheers

R-K :cheers:

Sheepman
28th-April-2005, 04:32 PM
will have room Thanks for that! Sounds promising, I'll pass it on to Mrs. and get back to you.
I did know about the ferry booking problems, guess we have to wait and see what happens there.

:cheers: Greg