PDA

View Full Version : Scary Women?

Sparkles
27th-April-2005, 11:48 AM
There has been a lot of mention on the forum recently about women who are scary. What I want to know is:
What makes a woman scary? :confused:
How do you know if you're a scary woman? :what:
Is being scary a good thing? :eek:

I also think that it would be a good thing for those women who are scary and proud of it to own up here and now :cheers: :flower: :hug: :rofl:
(as for me, I'll reserve judgement on myself until I have a better idea of the nature of the beast)

S. x

CJ
27th-April-2005, 11:55 AM
Ask Wendy.

:D

Little Monkey
27th-April-2005, 12:03 PM
Hmmmmm......

Worried now..... Am I scary?? I know Jive Brummie thought I was scary at the BFG last year, when I had a long flesh-coloured tail...... Reminded him of it at the weekend, and I think he now needs therapy again.... And maybe I can be a bit scary when I, eeerrrr...... Ummmmm...... Back-lead? Not that I do that very often.... Much.... :whistle: :whistle: Ok, and I do have a manic sort of grin at times, which might be a bit scary..... Oh, and some people think my shoes are intimidating....

B****r...... It looks like I might be scary after all.....

:tears:

LM

azande
27th-April-2005, 12:12 PM
Ask Wendy.

:D
or Sal? :wink:

Wendy
27th-April-2005, 12:56 PM
Ask Wendy.

:D Ask me yourself !!!!!!

Wx

Northants Girly
27th-April-2005, 01:40 PM
I know someone who is scared of Angelique! :rofl:

CJ
27th-April-2005, 01:54 PM
Ask me yourself !!!!!!

Wx

Wendy??

I was em, well, er, um, thinking that, um................. eeeeeeeeeeeh......... erm..... ahhh....................... well.... you know, that............em..........

is ok....
:blush:

Rhythm King
27th-April-2005, 01:56 PM
What makes a woman scary?

How long is a piece of string?
There are many different things which can affect how I dance with someone, and there are many different varieties of what constitutes scary. A short list of examples could include:

The awe factor - "she's such an amazing dancer, how can I possibly give her a good dance" :worthy: , leading to all sorts of embarrassing mis-cued leads, "rabbit in headlights" lack of concentration and so forth.

The somewhat more shallow version of the above; "she's such a stunning woman I can't actually concentrate on the dance aspects" :drool: , with similar results.

There is the straight fear factor, possibly more so for beginners. "If I muck this up, she's going to give me a hard time" :what: , leading to forgetting moves, losing rhythm etc (come guys we've all been there, early in our career :wink: ). There was a taxi dancer at one of the venues I learned at that who was known behind her back as "The Dance Nazi" for this very reason :whistle:

The genuinely scary woman - basically due to her having a very strong personality and perhaps not being under any form of control by the leader, :eek: I'm thinking rather more than just an active follower here. I couldn't possibly divulge who falls into this category - I'm too frightened! :rofl:

And then there may be personality or relationship-based issues. "I can't seem to connect with this person on the dance floor" :confused: , - there's a lady who comes to London every so often and I dread her asking me to dance (I don't actually ask her any more :blush: ): It never seems to go well, from my perspective (BTW she's not a forumite :whistle: ).
Or, "I'm having problems communicating with this person, because she has misunderstood what I'm trying to say/do" and then there is a feeling of nerves in case I inadvertently do something else to rock the boat, which then affects the quality of the dance :blush: .

I guess under the surface, my ego is just as sensitive and fragile as the next person's. As for you Sparkles, I couldn't possibly imagine you falling into any category of scary, well except possibly the first two :wink:

R-K :flower:

Wendy
27th-April-2005, 03:14 PM
I was em, well, er, um, thinking that, um................. eeeeeeeeeeeh......... erm..... ahhh....................... well.... you know, that............em.......... Lamb :hug: :kiss: :flower: ...and YOU are the scary one anyway cos you pulled MY hair remember !!!!! Come to think of it I don't think I ever got you back for that .... mmmm...... wonder how Chicklet got you back after that time you put stuff down her trousers...

If I was scary I would never have got this e-mail from Panther Boy...

"What's it like being a scary woman?"

Mind you he didn't ask in public :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

And is "scary" a good thing or a bad thing anyway ????

And maybe the boys who are scared are just big girls' blouses...

Wxxx

DianaS
27th-April-2005, 03:22 PM
NGs scary if you sabortage her moves :angry:

ducasi
27th-April-2005, 03:59 PM

And maybe the boys who are scared are just big girls' blouses... I like scary women – it doesn't mean I'm not scared of them though!

I'd say most women who are regularly described as being "scary" are really doing nothing more than being confident and self-assured. Both positive things. :nice: Maybe it's just that we men are are so used to down-trodden women, we're scared when we meet one who's prepared to answer us back? (Or is that a sexist sweeping generalisation which is going to get me in trouble with lots of scary females?!?!! :eek: )

Scary women are not afraid to say what they think. They know what they want and are not afraid to ask for it. It doesn't mean they're not sympathetic and understanding.

You don't have to be a fabulous dancer to be scary or visa-versa, though it's the scary ones that are more likely to come and ask you to dance, which can be intimidating. (Especially for terrified beginners like me. :blush: )

The things that make a woman scary are sometimes the same things that make her sexy too. So what's not to like?

Let's hear it for scary women! :cheers: :flower:

(Especially the ones with dark or red hair and/or Irish blood in them! :wink: )

Lory
27th-April-2005, 04:03 PM

The good.

1. The woman who expects only the best from you, therefore helping you reach your full potential (it's pressure but you know it'll do you good in the end) ;)
2. the woman who is fully aware of her sexuality and knows how to use it :wink: (Men are scared but love it at the same time!)
3. A woman with knowledge! :waycool:
4. A mother who's provoked by anything that might badly affect their offspring! :angry:

The bad

1. The slightly neurotic, unhinged and pre-menstrual woman :sick:
2. The hanger on, dependant and needy type :sick:
3. The woman (diva) who, has an over inflated opinion of her self worth :rolleyes:
4. Women who play their cards very close their chest and you just never know what they're thinking or planning! :sad:
5. And women who never smile or appear to get the joke! :sick:

Wendy
27th-April-2005, 04:27 PM
I'd say most women who are regularly described as being "scary" are really doing nothing more than being confident and self-assured. Both positive things. :nice: Maybe it's just that we men are are so used to down-trodden women, we're scared when we meet one who's prepared to answer us back? ... Scary women are not afraid to say what they think. They know what they want and are not afraid to ask for it. It doesn't mean they're not sympathetic and understanding....The things that make a woman scary are sometimes the same things that make her sexy too... purrrrrrr...... em.. I mean "grrrrrr !!!!!" :waycool:

Wxxx

ducasi
27th-April-2005, 04:46 PM
purrrrrrr...... ... Oh yeah, I should have also said, you can usually get round scary women with flattery. :wink:

Northants Girly
27th-April-2005, 05:15 PM
NGs scary if you sabortage her moves :angry:I have no idea what you are talking about :innocent:

Especially the ones with . . . . . red hair :wink: )Well ok - just a little bit :devil:

angelique
27th-April-2005, 06:04 PM
I know someone who is scared of Angelique! :rofl:

B****Y HELL!! Am shocked and gutted to say the least!!! :what:

What's to be afraid of with ikkle ole me??? :rofl: :rofl:

I think you need to PM me Linda and do some SERIOUS talking! :wink:

Northants Girly
27th-April-2005, 06:10 PM

What's to be afraid of with ikkle ole me??? :rofl: :rofl:
Exactly!! :rofl:

:hug:

angelique
27th-April-2005, 06:16 PM
I like scary women – it doesn't mean I'm not scared of them though!

I'd say most women who are regularly described as being "scary" are really doing nothing more than being confident and self-assured. Both positive things. :nice: Maybe it's just that we men are are so used to down-trodden women, we're scared when we meet one who's prepared to answer us back? (Or is that a sexist sweeping generalisation which is going to get me in trouble with lots of scary females?!?!! :eek: )

Scary women are not afraid to say what they think. They know what they want and are not afraid to ask for it. It doesn't mean they're not sympathetic and understanding.

You don't have to be a fabulous dancer to be scary or visa-versa, though it's the scary ones that are more likely to come and ask you to dance, which can be intimidating. (Especially for terrified beginners like me. :blush: )

The things that make a woman scary are sometimes the same things that make her sexy too. So what's not to like?

Let's hear it for scary women! :cheers: :flower:

:yeah:

purrrrrrrrrrrr purrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :drool:

am dancing round the living room preening myself after reading this Ducasi!!
Am flatterd now........be afraid, be VERY afraid!
Where do you dance??????

:rofl:

angelique
27th-April-2005, 06:19 PM
The good.

1. The woman who expects only the best from you, therefore helping you reach your full potential (it's pressure but you know it'll do you good in the end) ;)
2. the woman who is fully aware of her sexuality and knows how to use it :wink: (Men are scared but love it at the same time!)
3. A woman with knowledge! :waycool:
4. A mother who's provoked by anything that might badly affect their offspring! :angry:

The bad

3. The woman (diva) who, has an over inflated opinion of her self worth :rolleyes:
4. Women who play their cards very close their chest and you just never know what they're thinking or planning! :sad:

Hope I fall into the "good category" :wink:

So if I have dark hair and of Irish and Brazillian heritage does that make me "scary, scary"

Can't stop giggling now :D

Northants Girly
27th-April-2005, 06:23 PM
Hope I fall into the "good category" :wink:

So if I have dark hair and of Irish and Brazillian heritage does that make me "scary, scary"

Can't stop giggling now :DI'm worried I may be in the bad category as I sometimes don't get jokes :sick:

Lory
27th-April-2005, 06:48 PM
I'm worried I may be in the bad category as I sometimes don't get jokes :sick:
It's OK, thick people aren't that scary! :whistle: :D :hug:

It's the ones who over analyse or think too deeply, who're the ones to worry about!

David Bailey
27th-April-2005, 07:11 PM
It's the ones who over analyse or think too deeply, who're the ones to worry about!
Multiple exclamation marks and icons are quite frightening too...

ducasi
27th-April-2005, 07:14 PM
am dancing round the living room preening myself after reading this Ducasi!!
Am flatterd now........be afraid, be VERY afraid!
Where do you dance?????? I'm glad you liked it. :nice: I just thought of some of my favourite scary women, and that's what came out. :wink:

Unfortunately I don't dance as well as I write, and in real life there isn't a "Preview" button. :tears:

If you're ever in Glasgow, I'm the one in the corner try to hide from Wendy and all other the scary women. :blush:

David Bailey
27th-April-2005, 07:51 PM
What's to be afraid of with ikkle ole me???
Hmmm, actually, I was quite scared of you at first.

Please don't hurt me...

angelique
27th-April-2005, 09:27 PM
Hmmm, actually, I was quite scared of you at first.

Please don't hurt me...

:yeah:

:angry: :devil:
Where's that icon with the whip so as I can beat you back into submission!!

Don't for god's sake tell anyone how nice I am really am David :wink: :whistle:

Northants Girly
28th-April-2005, 10:42 AM
It's OK, thick people aren't that scary! :whistle: :D :hug: Bloomin cheek! :really:

It's the ones who over analyse or think too deeply, who're the ones to worry about!No worries in that dept . . . . . :na:

Mary
28th-April-2005, 11:15 AM
I'm only scary 'cos it rhymes with my name...........................honest. :devil:

M

Lory
28th-April-2005, 11:21 AM
Bloomin cheek! :really:

IT WAS A JOKE! :rolleyes: no, honest, really it was!! :whistle: :wink:

drathzel
28th-April-2005, 11:28 AM
:yeah: :rofl:

David Bailey
28th-April-2005, 11:33 AM
Don't for god's sake tell anyone how nice I am really am David
Well, OK, if you insist... :whistle:

Sheepman
28th-April-2005, 11:54 AM
It's OK, thick people aren't that scary!
It's the ones who over analyse or think too deeply, who're the ones to worry about! But aren't there some really stupid people who do a very good job of looking like they're thinking deeply? :devil:

Really it's simple, it's all a matter of experience.
No experience = SCARED!
Been there, done that = Bring it on some more, Baby!

So, Mary, Wendy, Sparkles, scary?
Noooooo! :wink: :flower:

(I shall be at a secret location for the next couple of years... )

Greg

bobgadjet
28th-April-2005, 01:04 PM
The bad

VERY VERY THIN ICE I think, especially "5". Far too many in THAT catagory me thinks :wink:

Scary women IMO are those that look you straight in the eye when dancing close, NOT blinking, and looking right thru to the very back of your mind :eek:

Now you know what to do to frighten me offfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Sparkles
28th-April-2005, 01:11 PM
VERY VERY THIN ICE I think, especially "5". Far too many in THAT catagory me thinks :wink:

Scary women IMO are those that look you straight in the eye when dancing close, NOT blinking, and looking right thru to the very back of your mind :eek:

Now you know what to do to frighten me offfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Have you ever danced with Foxylady?
If not you should try it sometime, it might change your mind :whistle: :wink:

S. x

azande
28th-April-2005, 02:20 PM
I have..... :drool:

Sparkles
28th-April-2005, 02:38 PM
On the other side of the coin, how would the venue deal with a female being reported for being too provocative ?

I would be very interested to know if any males would in fact report such a behaviour, or, maybe......... just join the queue for a dance :innocent:

This :yeah: taken from another thread suggests that women who dance in a provocative manner may not be considered to be scary :whistle: - I had previously understood that some men may find women who are UCP and use lots of eye contact scary... :rolleyes:
... so is there a difference between 'too provocative' and 'scary' in this sense?

Banana Man
28th-April-2005, 02:40 PM
If not you should try it sometime, it might change your mind :whistle: :wink:

S. xFoxy's not scary, she's a pussycat. :whistle:

Afraid i didn't get to meet Banana man

Personally I reckon he hides from us, cos we're a scary lot, he always appears right at the end when the lights go on! You might be right! :na: :yum:

E

Lory
28th-April-2005, 03:13 PM

I'm not asking you to name names or point the finger at anyone in particular :innocent:

but does her name begin with Z? :D :whistle:

Sheepman
28th-April-2005, 03:21 PM
but does her name begin with Z? :D :whistle: Only when she's wearing stripes! :devil:

Maybe she has the "A to Z of Scaryness" covered!

(Honest, I'm kidding really! :blush: )

Greg

David Bailey
28th-April-2005, 03:44 PM
I had previously understood that some men may find women who are UCP and use lots of eye contact scary... :rolleyes:
... so is there a difference between 'too provocative' and 'scary' in this sense?
Amazingly enough (to anyone who's danced with me), I have occasionally had the "too-close dancing" experience, where even I felt a little uncomfortable :eek:

Usually it's with someone I don't know. However, my discomfort is mainly the typical male lack-of-antenna problem of "What's she doing? Does she fancy me?" confusion, rather than any "ewww" feeling, so I think it is, as the saying goes, different for boys. Leaders can control the dance to be at arm's length if necessary, followers don't have that lattitude.

Feelingpink
28th-April-2005, 03:54 PM
Amazingly enough (to anyone who's danced with me), I have occasionally had the "too-close dancing" experience, where even I felt a little uncomfortable :eek: ... Leaders can control the dance to be at arm's length if necessary, followers don't have that lattitude.

Some followers have their own degree of lattitude. Have you not had the delight of the "Nina blues thumb" on your collarbone? In case a translation is needed, it says "You won't be coming any closer, end of story". Mind you, it's a very long time since I had any use for it... :whistle:

BlueThreeFour
28th-April-2005, 03:56 PM

And maybe the boys who are scared are just big girls' blouses...

Wxxx[/QUOTE]

Scary is a very bad thing, believe me, and being big girls' blouses doesn't make us bad people.... :sad:

Chicklet
28th-April-2005, 04:06 PM
Scary is a very bad thing, believe me, and being big girls' blouses doesn't make us bad people.... :sad:
you're mixing up "looking down" with "being" :eek: :rofl:

BlueThreeFour
28th-April-2005, 04:18 PM
you're mixing up "looking down" with "being" :eek: :rofl:
As If :wink:

David Bailey
28th-April-2005, 04:29 PM
Some followers have their own degree of lattitude. Have you not had the delight of the "Nina blues thumb" on your collarbone? In case a translation is needed, it says "You won't be coming any closer, end of story". Mind you, it's a very long time since I had any use for it... :whistle:
Hmmm, I don't think I've regularly danced with Nina for about 10 years, she must have developed that technique in the meantime after a decade of groupie-accumulation.

But no, I've never had any follower say or indicate that I'm dancing too close, to my knowledge. Could be just that I've developed an immunity to deathstares of course.