PDA

View Full Version : Forum T-shirts

Feelingpink
25th-April-2005, 10:59 AM
This T-shirt was spotted in Hammersmith after yesterday's TJive - by at least two male forum members for the fair Divissima. Anyone know of any other T-shirt slogans/designs that would suit either their own dancing style/avatar or others on the forum?

Divissima
25th-April-2005, 11:04 AM
:waycool: I feel a spot of shopping coming on.... :whistle:

My favourite T-shirt at the moment is my Miss Piggy t-shirt which also says 'Diva' on it :grin:

Debster
23rd-May-2005, 04:01 AM
This is my fav t-shirt right now.
OK, so, this isn't speciffically forum/avatar related but a friend bought me this because it suited so well (not only the slogan but the text sparkles ;) ) and I think half of the forum will appreciate it...

drathzel
23rd-May-2005, 10:05 AM
My favorite t-shirt says "i'm smart- thats why i'm single" Which is me to a T :rofl:

Lory
23rd-May-2005, 10:07 AM
Nearly... :rolleyes:

Chicklet
23rd-May-2005, 10:54 AM
I've still got the best one, and in two colourways too!!

Anyone remember???? :innocent:

Purple Sparkler
23rd-May-2005, 11:04 AM
The best T-shirt I've ever seen announced:
"I've found Jesus! Now he counts while I hide."

But a little bird told me that ESG had suggested proper Ceroc forum t-shirts. Any chance? It would make it a lot easier to find people you'd agreed to meet up with!

Aleks
23rd-May-2005, 11:11 AM
I've still got the best one, and in two colourways too!!

Anyone remember???? :innocent:

Something to do with ears flapping.......

bigdjiver
23rd-May-2005, 11:15 AM
I have idly contemplated producin my own designs, and printing them using the T-shirt transfer papers now availiable. I have a design in mind, but lack the artistic skill to realise it.

If I were to keep it simple I would seek Mike Corbetts permission to use his tag:

"If you can't enjoy yourself, enjoy somebody else."

We could think about producing our own public domain forum designs, free for anybody to use.

Purple Sparkler
23rd-May-2005, 11:40 AM
We could think about producing our own public domain forum designs, free for anybody to use.

I like that idea. Actually, all we really need to do is come up with some good Ceroc/MJ slogans for folk to print on t-shirt transfers in a cool font.

Shame I can't think of any good ones right NOW, but I'm sure other folk can...

Lory
23rd-May-2005, 12:00 PM
How about... I'm easily lead! :wink: or Seduce me! :yum:

Lory
23rd-May-2005, 12:05 PM
or
I'm happily married
but for the next 3 1/2 mins i'm
ALL YOURS!

Daisy Chain
23rd-May-2005, 12:12 PM

How about "I'm a Hotshot " ?

Naturally, these T-shirts would have to be awarded as I believe that some hotshots may be unaware of their status.

Daisy

(A Hothouse Little Flower)

Lory
23rd-May-2005, 12:13 PM
Any of these?
Ist one for the man who likes to do chest pushes? :D

spindr
23rd-May-2005, 12:14 PM
or
I'm happily married
but for the next 3 1/2 mins i'm
ALL YOURS!
Be careful -- a lot can happen in 3 1/2 mins -- and you might even have time left for a quick smoke :whistle:

Perhaps,

Don't touch what you can't afford!
might be appropriate for some followers :)

SpinDr.

Daisy Chain
23rd-May-2005, 12:18 PM

I shall be wearing a T-shirt which states "This IS my happy face"

Daisy

(A Grumpy Little Flower)

Lory
23rd-May-2005, 12:23 PM
ALLOW ME TO LEAD YOU
astray

Daisy Chain
23rd-May-2005, 12:33 PM
Or

"I Love Trains"

Sparkles
23rd-May-2005, 12:35 PM
ALLOW ME TO LEAD YOU
astray

I like this one :yeah:
... it would be appropriate if I weren't so innocent :innocent: :rolleyes: :whistle:

Simon r
23rd-May-2005, 12:37 PM
All moves direct from yellow pages

curvy lady
23rd-May-2005, 12:39 PM
lead me please
NOT
up the garden path!

spindr
23rd-May-2005, 12:40 PM
Still looking for a girl who's easily led

Daisy Chain
23rd-May-2005, 12:54 PM
For all of us wrinkly older women:

"I'm still 25 inside"

Daisy

(A Vintage Flower)

Lory
23rd-May-2005, 12:57 PM
If you can't read this
your not close enough

Lory
23rd-May-2005, 12:57 PM
Look into my eyes
My eyes aren't down here!

Zuhal
23rd-May-2005, 01:02 PM
Look into my eyes
My eyes aren't down here!

Sorry no glasses during a class but I can read braille. {leer icon}

Zuhal

Gadget
23rd-May-2005, 01:13 PM
I was contemplating puting something form my sketches (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showpost.php?p=59073&postcount=101) * onto a t-shirt, but I think that most folks found them a bit raunchy(?) Don't want to give the wrong impression, do I? :innocent:

{*from this thread (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1178) if your curious}

Yliander
23rd-May-2005, 02:04 PM
ALLOW ME TO LEAD YOU
astray :yeah: I like that one. My current fav t-shirts are

I HAVE AN ATTITUDE
so what

and one with Angel on the front and wings on the back - although I have been informed that it's false advertising :blush: :sick:

Yliander
23rd-May-2005, 02:05 PM
I was contemplating puting something form my sketches (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showpost.php?p=59073&postcount=101) * onto a t-shirt, but I think that most folks found them a bit raunchy(?) Don't want to give the wrong impression, do I? :innocent:

{*from this thread (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1178) if your curious}Most of them are lovely!!

Purple Sparkler
23rd-May-2005, 02:09 PM
I like ALL of Lory's suggestions.

Someone should make Bobgadget a T-shirt that says "Daddy DJ".

And for the rest of us there's always the old standby:

"Cerocers do it on the dancefloor"

Or how about the Austin Powers line: "I don't bite...hard"

Chicklet
23rd-May-2005, 02:20 PM
:
Angel on the front and wings on the back - although I have been informed that it's false advertising :blush: :sick:
I have one with "Fallen" and wings on the back :blush: , must be a before and after set :grin:

Yliander
23rd-May-2005, 02:39 PM
I like ALL of Lory's suggestions.

Someone should make Bobgadget a T-shirt that says "Daddy DJ".

And for the rest of us there's always the old standby:

"Cerocers do it on the dancefloor"

Or how about the Austin Powers line: "I don't bite...hard"or "I don't bite... unless you ask nicely :wink: "

Lory
23rd-May-2005, 03:25 PM
Ok, I've got mine sorted! :D

Option 1 or 2? :whistle:

Chef
23rd-May-2005, 03:49 PM
Ok, I've got mine sorted! :D

Option 1 or 2? :whistle:

Option 1 looks like it would fit you like a glove. :wink:

The sharp points would stop people getting to UCP.

Little Monkey
23rd-May-2005, 07:44 PM
The most suitable t-shirt I've got sais "Caution - Dancing Monkey!!" Unfortunately my ex is currently holding it hostage (he likes it too much, and it fits him better than me anyway, being a size XL!), and the website where I got it from hasn't got a piccie of it anymore, so I can't show you...

However, another of my favourite t-shirts to dance in is this (and it goes very well with my pinstripe trousers and b'n'w shoes, too! :D ):

Little Monkey
23rd-May-2005, 07:51 PM
Oh yes, and these three are on my wishlist!! :D They say (In case you can't read the print on the t-shirts): 'Come out Swinging', 'Dancin' Machine', and 'Hope you Dance!'

Gadget
23rd-May-2005, 09:01 PM
A couple of choice ones...

drathzel
23rd-May-2005, 10:08 PM
A couple of choice ones...

Ha ha ha :rofl: where do we get them :devil:

jivecat
23rd-May-2005, 11:55 PM

{*from this thread (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1178) if your curious}

I like 2, 11 and especially 6. They'd all look good on a t-shirt.

Gadget
24th-May-2005, 12:01 AM
Ha ha ha :rofl: where do we get them :devil:
Bring up a larger image and there's a web address on them (I just ripped out the images from the site.)

You know, I may get a few T-shirts made up and flog them on e-bay... I wonder if Franck would 'sponsor' for a ceroc logo somewhere on them? :whistle:

El Salsero Gringo
24th-May-2005, 12:10 AM
But a little bird told me that ESG had suggested proper Ceroc forum t-shirts. Any chance? It would make it a lot easier to find people you'd agreed to meet up with!As I remember what I originally suggested (half in jest) was T-shirts for the North London Posse. As far as general forum shirts go, If there was anything close to consensus for a design, and Franck had no objections, I'd be quite happy to coordinate the production and distribution.

MartinHarper
24th-May-2005, 12:27 AM
I was contemplating puting something form my sketches (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showpost.php?p=59073&postcount=101) * onto a t-shirt

Well, my little sister has banned me from wearing T-shirts with humourous slogans on them (apparently they're not cool... :( ), so I vote for this option. :)

Dance Demon
24th-May-2005, 05:48 AM
As I remember what I originally suggested (half in jest) was T-shirts for the North London Posse.

Ah yes....the Mafia.... :wink: ..........slogan could say " Hey DJ! You playa da Mavericks..I Smasha your face!"

Lou
24th-May-2005, 07:10 AM
Ah yes....the Mafia.... :wink: ..........slogan could say " Hey DJ! You playa da Mavericks..I Smasha your face!"
And while you're at the printers, could I have a Shania version, please? In black, natch.

David Bailey
24th-May-2005, 07:25 AM
As I remember what I originally suggested (half in jest) was T-shirts for the North London Posse. As far as general forum shirts go, If there was anything close to consensus for a design, and Franck had no objections, I'd be quite happy to coordinate the production and distribution.
Ooh yes, I wanna be in the Mafia too! Please :)

Any colour, as long as it's black.

ducasi
24th-May-2005, 07:42 AM
Well, my little sister has banned me from wearing T-shirts with humourous slogans on them (apparently they're not cool... :( ), so I vote for this option. :) Your wee sister is right. If you're going to have writing on a T-shirt, make it part of the design, or make it subtle. :waycool:

I'd quite like a t-shirt with a Ceroc logo and/or an agreed forum logo on the back, and a blank front that I could print my ice-cream avatar onto.

Ideal for the BFG in October. :nice:

El Salsero Gringo
24th-May-2005, 10:03 AM
How about a small embroidered logo on the front - they look a lot smarter than printed ones. Then anyone who wants to transfer print anything on the back could go ahead and do so.

To use the Ceroc logo we would definitely need permission from Borg Central because of copyright in the design. While arguably we might not need permission just to use the word "Ceroc", it would be polite to ask.

If anyone who is seriously interested in buying such a shirt wants to PM me I will ask all the relevant people. (Franck and Mike Ellard.) I would expect a cost of around £10 to £15 to include postage, but I can only work it out if I have an idea of numbers. Let me know also if you would prefer a T-shirt or a polo shirt.

Lou
24th-May-2005, 10:22 AM
Errmmmm.... Does it have to have a Ceroc™ logo on it? :wink:

Can mine just say:

I ♥
Franck

? :whistle:

Divissima
24th-May-2005, 10:24 AM
How about a marmite jar, in orange and white, with 'Forumite' on it? Although we may run into similar trademark problems as the ceroc logo.

Purple Sparkler
24th-May-2005, 10:50 AM
How about a marmite jar, in orange and white, with 'Forumite' on it? Although we may run into similar trademark problems as the ceroc logo.

I LIKE this idea! :clap: And any Aussie forumites (either on this forum or the CMJ Australia forum) could have the same, but with a Vegemite jar!

And if it's orange and white, surely that would be sufficiently unlike an actual marmite jar as to avoid problems? *she said hopefully*

Purple Sparkler
24th-May-2005, 11:24 AM
I think it should also have 'Better than Chocolate' on it somewhere...

David Bailey
24th-May-2005, 11:54 AM
I think it should also have 'Better than Chocolate' on it somewhere...
This is why design by committee is so painful...

DavidY
24th-May-2005, 12:54 PM
Ideal for the BFG in October. :nice:Is there definitely going to be a BFG this year then...?

ducasi
24th-May-2005, 01:17 PM
Is there definitely going to be a BFG this year then...? From what I've heard from Franck, YES! :waycool:

BTW, totally agree with David that design by committee can be painful – been there before (doing T-shirts, and other logos) and you typically end up with a lowest common denominator that no-one hates, but no-one really likes either.

What I'd suggest is to get a few of the more arty people here to go away and do a couple of designs, then we do a public vote. It could be a two-stage thing, with time for revisions after feedback between votes.

That's if people really care about it...

Lynn
24th-May-2005, 01:33 PM
I think the t-shirt idea is fab, but one plea, can there be the same design (ie logo etc) but different styles? Like maybe some little tight black styles as one option? :flower:

Oh, and while I'm thinking about it - maybe some sparkly bits...? OK maybe not...

Actually is is possible to produce a logo design to transfer onto t-shirts, then distribute those if people want to put them on a plain tshirt of their choice? That way we could have the shared forum identity and our own individual style - which is surely what the forum is all about anyway?

Purple Sparkler
24th-May-2005, 01:57 PM
I think the t-shirt idea is fab, but one plea, can there be the same design (ie logo etc) but different styles? Like maybe some little tight black styles as one option? :flower:

Oh, and while I'm thinking about it - maybe some sparkly bits...? OK maybe not...

Actually is is possible to produce a logo design to transfer onto t-shirts, then distribute those if people want to put them on a plain tshirt of their choice? That way we could have the shared forum identity and our own individual style - which is surely what the forum is all about anyway?

Oh yes- tight black t-shirts (or vest tops) for us girlies is a must!

As are sparkly bits. I like the suggestion of a logo we can print out on t-shirt transfer paper and then put on a top of our choice.

bigdjiver
24th-May-2005, 02:22 PM
Actually is is possible to produce a logo design to transfer onto t-shirts, then distribute those if people want to put them on a plain tshirt of their choice? That way we could have the shared forum identity and our own individual style - which is surely what the forum is all about anyway?That is what I had in mind. When Modern Jive was known as French Jive I had the idea of "J'ive" as a Franglais public domain logo, to be used as anyone desired. TIC We could invent a new verb. Forumites could use "Je franck" ?

Lou
24th-May-2005, 02:38 PM
That is what I had in mind. When Modern Jive was known as French Jive I had the idea of "J'ive" as a Franglais public domain logo, to be used as anyone desired. TIC We could invent a new verb. Forumites could use "Je franck" ?
Voulez-vous franck avec moi, ce soir?

Purple Sparkler
24th-May-2005, 03:51 PM
Voulez-vous franck avec moi, ce soir?

Iver: To jive
Francker: To jive and discuss it online afterwards.
Borlander/Haslamer: To jive in an Australian style.

El Salsero Gringo
24th-May-2005, 04:17 PM
Iver: To jive
Francker: To jive and discuss it online afterwards.
Borlander/Haslamer: To jive in an Australian style.and 'Sparkler'?

Purple Sparkler
24th-May-2005, 04:47 PM
and 'Sparkler'?

To jive in fabulous shoes with much wiggling!

Gadget
24th-May-2005, 10:15 PM
and 'Sparkler'?
It's used to wave about and draw pretty pictures in the air with. Handle with care for fear of getting burned. And always have a responsible adult supervising. :D

Purple Sparkler
25th-May-2005, 10:09 AM
It's used to wave about and draw pretty pictures in the air with. Handle with care for fear of getting burned. And always have a responsible adult supervising. :D

That's the ENGLISH. We're talking about the FRENCH. :D

Clive Long
25th-May-2005, 11:14 AM
Is there definitely going to be a BFG this year then...?
From what I've heard from Franck, YES! :waycool:

Well .... ????? So what is the decision of the Lothian conclave ??

I have to plan my outfit.

Debster
26th-May-2005, 03:14 AM
I think the transfer to add to shirt of choice is a great idea. Do they last a few washes though? I'd wear mine lots... ;)

Otherwise I'd buy a black fitted number in whatever design you create :flower:

And thanks for all the slogan suggestions earlier in the thread guys... some of them are brilliant! We have people here asking to buy t-shirts too so we plan to get some made up. (Hopefully in the not too distant future) Now to decide which one... (and not by committee ;) ah the power!)

Cheers,
Debster

Purple Sparkler
26th-May-2005, 02:47 PM
Sorry, conversation elsewhere has reminded me of another slogan possibility for more modest forumites, as used many times at Ashtons by Linda (though not in the 'I' form):

'I'm not much to look at but I don't half go!'