PDA

View Full Version : After effects of Ceroc....

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
22nd-April-2005, 07:28 PM
Hey my Cerockers!
Here's a question for everyone. :D
It's been 2 days since wednesday but I can't stop thinking Ceroc! When i'm in the car I search the radio stations till I find a song suitable to ceroc to and I spent an hour in my room dancing last night-something, i'm sorry to say I haven't done for quite a while :sad: :blush:
I was just wondering-Is this normal? Is it like a temporary, first week thing? or does it always happen?

Although I will say that it was good today as when I was at the gym, which I have been growing to hate more and more over the past month or so, it did take my mind off it a bit :grin: Plus Matt and that Irish girl in Blue Peter were learning how to Jive and do Flamenco or somethin, so I enjoyed watchin that too :clap:

If anyone has any comments/answers please?

bye :hug: :kiss:
Ashx :flower:

David Bailey
22nd-April-2005, 08:20 PM
I was just wondering-Is this normal?
Yep...

Is it like a temporary, first week thing? or does it always happen?

Yes, of course it's temporary. I mean, you're not going to live forever, are you? :)

Although I will say that it was good today as when I was at the gym, which I have been growing to hate more and more over the past month or so, it did take my mind off it a bit :grin:
On a slightly more serious note, your muscle memory will adjust, so that it's less of a workout after a while - although it's still very good for you, in terms of exercise and posture.

I saw a documentary about the original jivers a couple of years ago, who started things off in the 40's and 50's - they were 90-odd years old, and still dancing. OK, not arials, but neither do I. Dancing is one of the best ways of defying the ageing process, I think.

philsmove
22nd-April-2005, 08:21 PM
Did not anyone warn you?

MJ is serious addictive

O well its too late now

You’re hooked

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
22nd-April-2005, 08:27 PM
Did not anyone warn you?

MJ is serious addictive

O well its too late now

You’re hooked

I think you're right :wink:

ducasi
22nd-April-2005, 10:10 PM
It's been 2 days since wednesday but I can't stop thinking Ceroc! Tell me about it! There's not much else going on in my head these days. :confused:

I was just wondering-Is this normal? Is it like a temporary, first week thing? or does it always happen? What you're experiencing is only temporary – after the first week it gets worse. :eek: :wink:

The Ceroc slogan isn't "Pure Dance Addiction" for no reason. :grin:

Lynn
23rd-April-2005, 12:45 AM
The Ceroc slogan isn't "Pure Dance Addiction" for no reason. :grin: But don't worry, this forum is not addictive at all :whistle: :rofl:

Graham
23rd-April-2005, 10:01 AM
The next stages affects your shopping: the radio-search thing usually becomes a searching for new CDs/downloads thing. Then there's the transformation of your clothes shopping - at first you start looking at new outfits in terms of ceroc/normal, but after a few months you begin to notice that you're hardly buying anything in the "normal" category any more. Another shopping stage is when you start dancing in front of mirrors, or take advantage of the smooth floor in the supermarket to practice spinning. Finally, when you are internet shopping for custom made dance shoes, I'm afraid there's no going back. :wink:

drathzel
23rd-April-2005, 10:58 AM
The next stages affects your shopping: the radio-search thing usually becomes a searching for new CDs/downloads thing. Then there's the transformation of your clothes shopping - at first you start looking at new outfits in terms of ceroc/normal, but after a few months you begin to notice that you're hardly buying anything in the "normal" category any more. Another shopping stage is when you start dancing in front of mirrors, or take advantage of the smooth floor in the supermarket to practice spinning. Finally, when you are internet shopping for custom made dance shoes, I'm afraid there's no going back. :wink:

And that was me after three weeks, imagine what i am like now :whistle:

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
23rd-April-2005, 02:31 PM
Finally, when you are internet shopping for custom made dance shoes, I'm afraid there's no going back. :wink:
Ooooh....custom made dance shoes...niiiccceee!!! :waycool: Bet they cost an arm and a leg though? :tears: In which case that wouldn't work as I need both of mine :rofl:

Ashx

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
23rd-April-2005, 11:30 PM
Btw, forgot to ask, if I decided to get any dance shoes-which I probably eventually will- do they make them in half sizes cause i'm cursed with in-between sizes feet :tears: It makes buying shoes so difficult, all the girls out there will feel my pain! and probably most of the guys too :rofl:

:hug: :kiss:
Ashleyx

Graham
24th-April-2005, 08:46 AM
You should be able to find shoes which are your size, but not every shoe will come in half-sizes, so you may have to look around for similar styles from different manufacturers.

drathzel
24th-April-2005, 12:30 PM
You should be able to find shoes which are your size, but not every shoe will come in half-sizes, so you may have to look around for similar styles from different manufacturers.

your best bet is to try them on adn find your size, very seldom will two dance shoes fit the same, there are a few dance shops in glasgow and you should probably try and make it to one of them to try on a few pair before u graduate to internet shoe shopping! What size are your feet, ony asking cuz i know what its like to suffer at getting shoes (i'm a size 7.5 to 8) :tears:

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
24th-April-2005, 12:35 PM
six and a half. used to think I was a 7, but no :mad:
I feel your pain Drathzel ;)

xxx

Graham
24th-April-2005, 12:46 PM
i know what its like to suffer at getting shoes :tears:
That'll be why you've hardly got any then :rolleyes: :wink:

MartinHarper
24th-April-2005, 01:31 PM
Bear in mind that dance shoe sizes don't always match up with normal shoe sizes.

Lory
24th-April-2005, 02:05 PM
Yeah, you've got it bad but I think I need therapy.... :what:

My hubby announces that he has to go the China for a week....somewhere I've always wanted to go, so I get really excited and say, ooh, can I come? :clap: Not this time i'm afraid. :blush: :sad: 5 minutes later he comes back (feeling bad) and say's, tell you what, why don't you go to Camber? :hug:

Now, here's the worrying part, my thought process...hmm China, exotic, exciting, luxurious hotels, entertainment, chinese food, business trip (always get WELL looked after :wink: ) somewhere i've not been before... :drool:

CAMBER... OK, sounds like a fair exchange! :na: :eek:

Minnie M
24th-April-2005, 02:15 PM
Now, here's the worrying part, my thought process...hmm China, exotic, exciting, luxurious hotels, entertainment, chinese food, business trip (always get WELL looked after :wink: ) somewhere i've not been before... :drool:

CAMBER... OK, sounds like a fair exchange! :na: :eek:
You mad fool Lory :rofl:

drathzel
24th-April-2005, 04:44 PM
That'll be why you've hardly got any then :rolleyes: :wink:

only 5 pairs in 8 months, thats not too bad! :hug:

Lynn
24th-April-2005, 05:50 PM
only 5 pairs in 8 months, thats not too bad! :hug: That's far too many dance shoes... :whistle:

MartinHarper
24th-April-2005, 10:57 PM
I can't stop thinking (about) Ceroc!
Is this normal? Is it like a temporary, first week thing? or does it always happen?

It varies a lot from person to person. Some folks (and I'm guessing this includes most of the forum) are hooked from the word go, and stay that way forever. Other folks enjoy Ceroc, but don't get addicted to the same extent.
I heard that a lot of folks do Ceroc for several months or a year, and then start to drop out - so I guess for them it's not a "first week thing", but more of a "first year thing".

Just enjoy it while it lasts, I reckon. :)

drathzel
25th-April-2005, 08:29 PM
That's far too many dance shoes... :whistle:

Yeah, so i noticed on saturday night :whistle:

Lynn
25th-April-2005, 09:49 PM
Yeah, so i noticed on saturday night :whistle: Forgot you saw my 'collection'! :rofl:

TheTramp
26th-April-2005, 12:34 AM
I believe that Kingdom of Dance will be at Glasgow Uni on Wednesday, selling dance shoes.

If you're there again Ash, then you can have a look, and see what suits.....

drathzel
26th-April-2005, 09:15 AM
Forgot you saw my 'collection'! :rofl:

Ha ha, i did indeed! :wink: