PDA

View Full Version : Help! Friday afternoon blues...

Divissima
22nd-April-2005, 01:55 PM
Having a terrible day here and my fingers are itching to fire off PMs and emails to sundry friends in the hope of a bit of friendly banter.... but seems a bit unfair to disrupt their Friday working day.

So I invite those of you open to distraction on this lovely sunny afternoon, to post here. All topics happily discussed.

Divissima
22nd-April-2005, 01:58 PM
To kick things off.... weekend plans?

I'm having my first ballroom/latin private lesson in ages tomorrow morning and I can't wait (although I fear I am now very rusty). Then T-jive on Sunday (my tea urn skills are indispensable, you know :wink: )

David Franklin
22nd-April-2005, 02:03 PM
Having a terrible day here and my fingers are itching to fire off PMs and emails to sundry friends in the hope of a bit of friendly banter.... but seems a bit unfair to disrupt their Friday working day.Well, I've posted it before, but I defy anyone to listen to Music from the Seychelles (http://www.artistdirect.com/nad/store/artist/album/0,,1645523,00.html) without a big smile spontaneously appearing! Definitely in the "so bad it's good" category!

Or if sparkles might cheer you up, have you seen All That Glitters (http://www.freewebs.com/allthatglittersnow/newlatindesigns.htm)?

Dave

philsmove
22nd-April-2005, 02:05 PM
Looking forward to Nigel Nina workshop tomorrow :clap:

Got to go to IKEA :sick: To buy storage thingy for CDs

but Might but i Pod :wink: transfer the lot, then put CD in a box in the attic
:clap:

I used to indecisive but now I’m not so sure :what:

Lory
22nd-April-2005, 02:11 PM
Have you chosen your bridesmaids dresses yet? :whistle:

Lory
22nd-April-2005, 02:15 PM
Got to go to IKEA :sick:
Hey, that was weird! I just thought, I'm going to post this and then I'm going to Head for IKEA, then I read this!

I'm going to get some cheap (dishwasher proof) wine glasses cos I just smashed yet another one. god know what I'll come home with though! :D

Divissima
22nd-April-2005, 02:16 PM
Well, I've posted it before, but I defy anyone to listen to Music from the Seychelles (http://www.artistdirect.com/nad/store/artist/album/0,,1645523,00.html) without a big smile spontaneously appearing! Definitely in the "so bad it's good" category! :grin: :rofl: New Kenobe classic choons? :devil:

Or if sparkles might cheer you up, have you seen All That Glitters (http://www.freewebs.com/allthatglittersnow/newlatindesigns.htm)? Now that brought a huge grin to my face :grin: Now just have to decide how I can justify getting one if I'm supposed to have retired from competition. Perhaps to wear to Nosequins? :yum:

Thank you, Dave :hug:

Divissima
22nd-April-2005, 02:18 PM
Have you chosen your bridesmaids dresses yet? :whistle: :rofl: As it happens, no. Only got my dress earlier this month.

Divissima
22nd-April-2005, 02:19 PM
Where's the workshop, Phil?

Russell Saxby
22nd-April-2005, 02:22 PM

Got to go to IKEA :sick: To buy storage thingy for CDs

but Might but i Pod :wink: transfer the lot, then put CD in a box in the attic
:clap:

I used to indecisive but now I’m not so sure :what:

Been debating all afternoon - but made my mind up - off to buy an ipod

Divissima
22nd-April-2005, 02:25 PM
Been debating all afternoon - but made my mind up - off to buy an ipodSize? Colour? Details please... :wink:

Rhythm King
22nd-April-2005, 02:27 PM
I'm counting the seconds til I can clear off home and get ready for HML's birthday party tonight. Domestics and Hammersmith tomorrow, then depending on Sunday's weather, a picnic followed by the Tea Dance.

Chicklet
22nd-April-2005, 02:31 PM
I spend an amount of time here, dreaming...not sure if this will come out as a link but it's easy to remember... www.vjv.co.uk

Feelingpink
22nd-April-2005, 02:35 PM
Ooh, if you've just got your dress, then you'll need some shoes ... here some inspiration

philsmove
22nd-April-2005, 02:35 PM
Where's the workshop, Phil?

Bristol 5pm to 7 pm St Bonns

Feelingpink
22nd-April-2005, 02:37 PM
And a bit more...

Divissima
22nd-April-2005, 02:37 PM
I spend an amount of time here, dreaming...not sure if this will come out as a link but it's easy to remember... www.vjv.co.ukCool :waycool: Plenty of food for thought there, plus some marvellous travel agency tautological hyperbole :grin:

The Australia of today contrasts an epic labyrinth of lost worlds: vast and luminous desert landscapes, magnificent and sometime stark mountains, shimmering billabongs, tropical rainforests and modern cities with the Sydney skyline dominated by the world’s largest steel arch bridge and billowing sails of the Opera House set against a beautiful natural harbour. The past is always present in Melbourne: discover evidence of its proud and fascinating history from elegant Victorian-era buildings and Murray River paddle steamers to maritime museums and steam trains. Adelaide is superbly set in green parklands and bound by the hills of the Mt Lofty Ranges and is close to the renowned Barossa Valley wine region. This is the embarkation point for The Ghan, a trans-continental rail journey across the continent visiting Alice Springs and Ayers Rock en route to Darwin.

Divissima
22nd-April-2005, 02:39 PM
Ooh, if you've just got your dress, then you'll need some shoes ... Don't you mean Choos? :wink: Great photos, by the way FP? Are they from your portfolio?

Feelingpink
22nd-April-2005, 02:46 PM
Don't you mean Choos? :wink: Great photos, by the way FP? Are they from your portfolio?

Choos ... have been overtaken by Christian Louboutins ... (Sigh) (http://www.shoeworld.co.uk/sw_consumer/facts_featured.html) Don't tell Toby, but there's a branch in London at 23 Motcomb Street, SW1X 8LB. :drool: When I win the lottery, that will be my first stop.

The images are from a shoe thread running in a wedding photography forum - had more than 100 posts!

Feelingpink
22nd-April-2005, 02:50 PM
It must be Friday afternoon when it seems fascinating that I can order stationery on-line just before noon today and it was delivered at 2.15pm. Weekend break DEFINITELY needed. Bring on the TJive.

Divissima
22nd-April-2005, 02:53 PM
Choos ... have been overtaken by Christian Louboutins ... (Sigh) (http://www.shoeworld.co.uk/sw_consumer/facts_featured.html) :drool: *must.... resist*

Don't tell Toby, but there's a branch in London at 23 Motcomb Street, SW1X 8LB. I won't if you won't.... it can be our little secret. I'll tell him they weren't expensive but that, on reflection, I'd prefer a honeymoon in Bognor.

The images are from a shoe thread running in a wedding photography forum - had more than 100 posts!Is it for photographers only?

Clive Long
22nd-April-2005, 02:54 PM
And a bit more...

:rofl: :rofl:

Which pair would the McGregster choose?

I don't have the legs for stilletoes (sp.?) myself :grin:

Clive

Divissima
22nd-April-2005, 02:57 PM

Clive
Not even in your little red number?

Feelingpink
22nd-April-2005, 02:57 PM
Is it for photographers only?

Alas yes, it's a subscription-based private forum, otherwise I would have just posted the link :tears: I'm sure the boys would have liked it too :grin:

Feelingpink
22nd-April-2005, 03:00 PM
:rofl: :rofl:

Which pair would the McGregster choose?

Clive

How do you know until you've tr..i..e... oh, er, of course. Silly me. :rofl:

Divissima
22nd-April-2005, 03:00 PM
Alas yes, it's a subscription-based private forum, otherwise I would have just posted the link :tears: I'm sure the boys would have liked it too :grin:Is there a thread for 'worsts' (e.g. worst hat, worst bridesmaid outfit) :devil: I know I'd like to see some....

Swinging bee
22nd-April-2005, 03:04 PM
Having a terrible day here and my fingers are itching to fire off PMs and emails to sundry friends in the hope of a bit of friendly banter.... but seems a bit unfair to disrupt their Friday working day.

So I invite those of you open to distraction on this lovely sunny afternoon, to post here. All topics happily discussed.

Friday afternoon blues eh.......can you dance it?...what tempo would that be ?

Take the first letter of each word......FAB....got any more like that..?

David Franklin
22nd-April-2005, 03:04 PM
Is there a thread for 'worsts' (e.g. worst hat, worst bridesmaid outfit) :devil: I know I'd like to see some....Have a look at Bridesmaid Dresses From Hell (www.uglydress.com)...

Feelingpink
22nd-April-2005, 03:05 PM
Is there a thread for 'worsts' (e.g. worst hat, worst bridesmaid outfit) :devil: I know I'd like to see some....

Not so far.

Divissima
22nd-April-2005, 03:11 PM
Have a look at Bridesmaid Dresses From Hell (www.uglydress.com)...Top site :rofl:

Sparkles
22nd-April-2005, 04:34 PM
Off home to make cakes for Sunday now - but something tells me we're likely to be overloaded with cakes - I've counted four batches so far :eek:...
...I wonder if we'll all be able to get out of the door again afterwards?
Hope all your Friday afternoons cheer up! :flower:
S. x