PDA

View Full Version : Working and Cerocing in the UK

Jeremy
22nd-April-2005, 06:22 AM
Hi all,

My girlfriend and I are thinking of coming to the UK for a year or two to dance, explore UK/Europe and work.

Are there any hot spots for all of that?
Or places with little dancing etc that should be avoided?

Cheers :cheers:
Jeremy

Andreas
22nd-April-2005, 08:23 AM
The simple answer to that would be: come to London, there is plenty of jobs and plenty of dancing. Though, I am sure our friends in the nnorthern parts will have good points for you to go there :D

El Salsero Gringo
22nd-April-2005, 09:17 AM
Yes, come to London, and join the North London Posse!

Yliander
22nd-April-2005, 09:28 AM
Hi all,

My girlfriend and I are thinking of coming to the UK for a year or two to dance, explore UK/Europe and work.

Are there any hot spots for all of that?
Or places with little dancing etc that should be avoided?

Cheers :cheers:
Jeremy Grandparents who emigrated from UK are useful for working in the UK as it enables you to get a grandparents visa - allows you to work for 4 years before needing renewing also don't have be a certain age as per a normal working visa.

Although I have heard that it needs to be a male grandparent....

Divissima
22nd-April-2005, 09:48 AM
:waycool: Sounds like an exciting plan, Jeremy. It would be lovely to meet you, and have a few dances.

Yli, you got plans of your own? Could do a Perth-Perth exchange (as long as you visited London often, too :D )

Yliander
22nd-April-2005, 09:57 AM
:waycool: Sounds like an exciting plan, Jeremy. It would be lovely to meet you, and have a few dances.

Yli, you got plans of your own? Could do a Perth-Perth exchange (as long as you visited London often, too :D ) some - my sister is in London and would be in seventh heaven if I came over for a bit also have it on good authority that I must also visit Dundee...

Divissima
22nd-April-2005, 10:07 AM
some - my sister is in London and would be in seventh heaven if I came over for a bit also have it on good authority that I must also visit Dundee... :clap:

TheTramp
22nd-April-2005, 10:44 AM
Yeah. Dundee is the place to be. Forget all this 'London' crap! :D

Yliander
22nd-April-2005, 10:53 AM
Yeah. Dundee is the place to be. Forget all this 'London' crap! :D *imagines irate state of sibling if she didn't go to London* :eek:

TheTramp
22nd-April-2005, 10:59 AM
That's fine. She can come to Dundee too! :whistle:

Lynn
22nd-April-2005, 11:34 AM
Or places with little dancing etc that should be avoided? Northern Ireland! (Unless you want to teach that is!). I know that's a blow - Belfast was right up there on your list of top places wasn't it!? :rofl:

CJ
22nd-April-2005, 12:52 PM
Forget all this 'London' crap! :D
:yeah:
I think a wee peek at the London forum will tell you everything you need to know... Oh, I forgot, they closed it. :rofl:

Culture. check
Award winning dancers check
Vibrant, innovative dance scene check
Scenery check
Warm frinedly people check
Visits from Londoners check
World renowned DJ's :whistle:

What more do you need?!?!!?

I nearly forgot, we even manage comedy in the form of our national sports teams!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

David Bailey
22nd-April-2005, 01:03 PM
:yeah:
I think a wee peek at the London forum will tell you everything you need to know... Oh, I forgot, they closed it. :rofl:
Thought this was the London forum... :whistle:

Gus
22nd-April-2005, 01:13 PM
Culture. check
Award winning dancers check
Vibrant, innovative dance scene check
Scenery check
Warm frinedly people check
Visits from Londoners check
World renowned DJ's :whistle:

So you ARE talking about London then .... esp the bit about the DJs :whistle:

Swinging bee
22nd-April-2005, 02:59 PM
What is cerocing?.....oxford dictionary no help....

clevedonboy
22nd-April-2005, 03:36 PM
Well there's always Bristol & surrounds, where we have a nice quaint LeRoc thing going or how about London On Sea - Brighton. Don't live there but my son does and it seems a really hip happening place with lots of work and dancy type things (just don't ask about the cost of housing or parking a car)

Dreadful Scathe
22nd-April-2005, 05:35 PM
What is cerocing?.....oxford dictionary no help....

Its like masturbating but with 2 hands and a partner :)

Reklaw
22nd-April-2005, 05:41 PM
Its like masturbating but with 2 hands and a partner :)So that's completely the opposite then> :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Lory
22nd-April-2005, 07:01 PM
Whatever you do, DON'T come to London, we're trying to keep it exclusive, don't you know? :rolleyes: :whistle:

David Bailey
22nd-April-2005, 08:14 PM
Whatever you do, DON'T come to London, we're trying to keep it exclusive, don't you know? :rolleyes: :whistle:
Is there a LondonCerocMafia entry for Lory? If not, any suggestions?
Far be it for me to suggest, say, The Godmother... :whistle:

Jeremy
27th-April-2005, 03:31 AM
Grandparents who emigrated from UK are useful for working in the UK as it enables you to get a grandparents visa - allows you to work for 4 years before needing renewing also don't have be a certain age as per a normal working visa.

Although I have heard that it needs to be a male grandparent....

Not sure about that one. Easy to call the British Consulate though... :wink:

I have Swiss citizenship so can live and work in the UK (and other places in Europe) for as long as I like. :cool:

Jeremy
27th-April-2005, 03:32 AM

You're on! :clap:

Jeremy
27th-April-2005, 03:35 AM
Northern Ireland! (Unless you want to teach that is!). I know that's a blow - Belfast was right up there on your list of top places wasn't it!? :rofl:

No doubt we will visit!

And I have been thinking of getting my teachers training before I go. Not sure to what level I'll get to by then though. I doubt I would be up to intermediate teacher. Beginner or Progression (or whatever its all called in the UK :grin: ).

Lynn
27th-April-2005, 11:37 AM
No doubt we will visit!

And I have been thinking of getting my teachers training before I go. Not sure to what level I'll get to by then though. I doubt I would be up to intermediate teacher. Beginner or Progression (or whatever its all called in the UK :grin: ). Please visit! We have no teachers here :what: so anyone visiting is very welcome, especially if they can take a class - our dancers just love to learn! :clap: