PDA

View Full Version : Outside

Gadget
25th-November-2002, 11:25 PM
I screwed up a bit of formatting in a post "outside" and can't edit it - is that meant to happen ?

Tiggerbabe
25th-November-2002, 11:36 PM
I think it depends when you wrote it and when you decide to edit it - if an hour has passed since you posted then you can't - you have to contact Franck and ask him to help.

Graham
25th-November-2002, 11:49 PM
I also made a minor mistake (presumably on the same thread), and I was able to edit it.

Franck
26th-November-2002, 02:46 AM
Originally posted by Gadget
I screwed up a bit of formatting in a post "outside" and can't edit it - is that meant to happen ? Yep Gadget,

This is meant to happen. As Sheena said, after about an hour (which gives you time to correct all those spelling mistakes :wink: ), you are not allowed to edit posts any longer.
This is to avoid the very confusing issue of people changing their posts after people have quoted them etc...

As Sheena (our local resident expert :nice: ) mentioned, if you really want to change something after the deadline, just email / PM me and I will edit it for you.

Franck.

Gadget
26th-November-2002, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by Franck
This is meant to happen. As Sheena said, after about an hour (which gives you time to correct all those spelling mistakes :wink: ), you are not allowed to edit posts any longer.
This is to avoid the very confusing issue of people changing their posts after people have quoted them etc...
Weird - so how come I can edit posts and it displays "last edited on..." and at other times, it just takes it with no comment?
I suppose that at those times it's been immediatly after posting.
(It would take me more than an hour to correct my spelling :sick: - most edits are for formatting)

Gadget
28th-November-2002, 01:00 AM
It just did it again! In the same area! Except this time I posted, noticed a formatting error, then tried to edit, and it blocked me!!
Is the "hour" taken from when the post was posted, or from when the 'post reply' button was clicked? From what's happened I would think the latter.
{Franck - can you please correct the [ B ] tags in my post "outside" - ta.}