PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of joining.

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
14th-April-2005, 02:39 PM
Hi, I was thinking of joining one of the classes in Glasgow, I was wondering how old you needed to be? Also I ain't done that much dancing before and it usually takes me a while to pick up dance steps, so are the classes really fast paced?

Thanks,
Ashx

Little Em
14th-April-2005, 03:00 PM
No age limit !!!!!!

you just need bags of enthusiasm, oh yes and dont forget to take yourself ! :D

Dont worry about being slow at picking things up, all beginners go along with the same worries, but come away happy !!!! :clap:

the begs classes will go through the moves one by one an break them down so that youll understand, go along an have fun !!!!

its the best social night ever..... oh yeah an u get to learn how to dance! :whistle:

enjoy !
Em x :grin:

TheTramp
14th-April-2005, 03:02 PM
Hiya Ash....

Strictly speaking, you're supposed to be 18. Which you're not until August I see.

That's not that far away though....

Or you could just go along, and not tell anyone that you're only almost (very close to) 18. And don't tell Franck that I said that!! :whistle:

Andy McGregor
15th-April-2005, 12:53 PM
Strictly speaking, you're supposed to be 18. Which you're not until August I see.Or you could come to our class in Shoreham-By-Sea. We'll let you in if you're 16. As we're 650 miles away you will probably be 18 by the time you get back to Glasgow :whistle:

Northants Girly
15th-April-2005, 01:06 PM
Hiya Ash....

Strictly speaking, you're supposed to be 18. Which you're not until August I see.

That's not that far away though....

Or you could just go along, and not tell anyone that you're only almost (very close to) 18. And don't tell Franck that I said that!! :whistle:So - once you are 16 you can leave school, get married, vote, join the army etc etc but you can't go to a Ceroc class?? :confused:
That sounds plain daft to me :rolleyes:

ducasi
15th-April-2005, 01:15 PM
Strictly speaking, you're supposed to be 18. ... Is that the official Ceroc policy, or is it just based on what would be enforced by the venue?

I'd imagine that, for Glasgow, Jumpin' Jacks would have a 18+ policy, but I know that's not the case at the GUU - I used to hang out there as a student when I was only 17. (A long, long time ago!)

Franck
15th-April-2005, 02:01 PM
Is that the official Ceroc policy, or is it just based on what would be enforced by the venue?

I'd imagine that, for Glasgow, Jumpin' Jacks would have a 18+ policy, but I know that's not the case at the GUU - I used to hang out there as a student when I was only 17. (A long, long time ago!)There is no nationwide Ceroc policy, and in Scotland, the policy will vary from venue to venue depending on their own licensing situation.

My rule of thumb is that unless the venue is a nightclub (ie Jumpin' Jaks, Mardi Gras or O'Donaghues) then we will welcome dancers over 16 by themselves, and over 14 if accompanied by a parent.

So Jazz Shoes, you'd be welcome on a Wednesday night at the Glasgow University Union, and in a few months, you'll be able to join Jumpin' Jaks on a Tuesday.

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
16th-April-2005, 02:12 PM
Hey guys!
Thanks for posting, but I found out from my friend after I posted that Jumpin Jaks was a nightclub :blush: (Ok so I don't go out clubbin.....yet). As for Union-I was also informed that you definately need to show ID there.....so I guess i'll be waitin' till August then :sad:

However, don't worry i'll still log on and post,

:wink: Ashx

ducasi
16th-April-2005, 03:12 PM
Hi Ash,

As for Union-I was also informed that you definately need to show ID there... For most things at the Union a student ID is required, but not for Ceroc.

There isn't usually anyone at the door to check ID but if there is and you're asked, just tell them you are going to Ceroc and they should let you in.

Once you're in, you go up the first bit of stairs, we're sometimes in the big hall to the right, otherwise, up another full flight of stairs and we're in the "debates chamber" above.

I would suggest bringing a discount leaflet (http://cerocscotland.com/special.htm), but you don't seem to be able to click on it to print it out full-size anymore. :confused:

Good luck!

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
17th-April-2005, 11:31 AM
There isn't usually anyone at the door to check ID but if there is and you're asked, just tell them you are going to Ceroc and they should let you in.

But if they do is there anyone I can ask for. you know-just incase. Although i've been told I pass for 18-it's because i'm such a mature person :wink:.

:cool: Ashx

TheTramp
17th-April-2005, 11:39 AM
Heya Ash...

I might be working at the GUU this Wednesday (waiting for Franck to confirm for definite). Come along then. And say hello.....

And you too Ducasi :D

ducasi
17th-April-2005, 12:35 PM
But if they do is there anyone I can ask for. you know-just incase. Um... Well if you want someone in any sense official, don't ask for me! And most of the official people are going to be busy getting the night started. :sad:

I don't know who's going to be teaching or taxiing on Wednesday, but if you want to ask for someone to vouch for you, it had better be someone who knows of you – so if "TheTramp" (aka Steve, or is it Stevie?) is doing DJ service this week, he might be a good person to ask for. :waycool:

But I really, really don't think you'll have a problem. :nice:

TheTramp
17th-April-2005, 12:38 PM
so if "TheTramp" (aka Steve, or is it Stevie?) is doing DJ service this week, he might be a good person to ask for. :waycool:

But I really, really don't think you'll have a problem. :nice:
Yeah. I don't think that you'll have a problem either. They've never stopped me to ask for ID :D

And it's Steve.

ducasi
17th-April-2005, 12:41 PM
And say hello.....

And you too Ducasi :D Will try – though if we're in the debates chamber again, I'd guess you'll be stuck up on the stage most of the time. :sad:

TheTramp
17th-April-2005, 12:42 PM
Will try – though if we're in the debates chamber again, I'd guess you'll be stuck up on the stage most of the time. :sad:
Ummm. Don't be silly!! :D I'm not that sort of DJ!! :whistle:

MartinHarper
17th-April-2005, 02:00 PM
Here's a link to that printable Discount Leaflet (http://cerocscotland.com/CerocAdvert.jpg). :)

TheTramp
17th-April-2005, 07:24 PM
I might be working at the GUU this Wednesday (waiting for Franck to confirm for definite).
He confirmed. See you all in Glasgow on Wednesday!!

(If anyone from Dundee wants to come through for the evening, just say :clap: )

Tiggerbabe
17th-April-2005, 07:45 PM
(If anyone from Dundee wants to come through for the evening, just say :clap: )
OI! :eek:

They'll all be far too busy dancing to the fabulous music at the Mardis (and figuring out where to park their cars this week) :wink: :hug:

TheTramp
17th-April-2005, 07:48 PM
They'll all be far too busy dancing to the fabulous music at the Mardis (and figuring out where to park their cars this week) :wink: :hug:
Free parking without gates in Glasgow..... :whistle:

drathzel
17th-April-2005, 07:53 PM
but no danielle, altho i am going home on thurs and i could prob do with a few spare minutes to pack! :sick:

However, nothing is set in stone, i might give the guu a whirl! :hug:

ducasi
18th-April-2005, 09:18 AM
See you all in Glasgow on Wednesday!!

(If anyone from Dundee wants to come through for the evening, just say :clap: ) See you then – hope you manage to bring some of the Dundee forumites over. :nice:

Danielle, hope to see you too, otherwise have a nice holiday! :flower:

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
18th-April-2005, 09:47 PM
Hey!
I will be there on wed-bringing a friend too. I was just wondering about the time-it says 7.30 on classes in Scotland on main page, but 8.30 on upcoming events thread on forum-so which is it ppl?! :confused:

:flower: Ash

ducasi
18th-April-2005, 10:01 PM
Hey!
I will be there on wed-bringing a friend too. Cool!

I was just wondering about the time-it says 7.30 on classes in Scotland on main page, but 8.30 on upcoming events thread on forum-so which is it ppl?! Yeah, that got me too - basically, don't believe the times in the calendar. I think they could be getting messed up with the change in the clocks... Dunno. :confused: Anyways, they always seem to be wrong.

It's 7.30.

Hope you both have fun!

TheTramp
19th-April-2005, 12:46 AM
Cool!
Yeah, that got me too - basically, don't believe the times in the calendar. I think they could be getting messed up with the change in the clocks... Dunno. :confused: Anyways, they always seem to be wrong.

It's 7.30.

Hope you both have fun!

Cool. Make sure that you come say hello (I'm the bald DJ). That applies to you too Ducasi!

You probably want to get there a little before 7:30. Just so that you can get the membership form filled out and be ready on time for the class. Though, I don't suppose it'll start bang on time :what:

Looking forward to my trip down to Glasgow again :clap:

CJ
19th-April-2005, 11:56 AM
Ummm. Don't be silly!! :D I'm not that sort of DJ!! :whistle:

:whistle: Oh, well Graham wont be interested then... Now he's got a kilt, you'll be relieved to hear he doesn't spend as much time in a DJ now... :tears:

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
21st-April-2005, 12:07 PM
Hi!
So as many will know I did make it last night :D and had a great time.
Just wanted to say that you are all fabulous dancers :worthy: I was soo impressed.
Although Steve could probably do with some practice-you know being a beginner and all :whistle: lol
Ducasi-I was quite impressed-you are a good dancer although you only been goin 8 weeks :wink: btw i'll be wantin another dance nxt wk.
Also-Daniella,you're an amazing dancer, you and Steve dance well together :waycool: .
Ok I am finished with the praise now,lol.

Found the class ok-a little hard :what: , so much to take in-all that turning. I think I did ok though, what did you guys think?

Bye for now :hug:

Ashx :kiss:

ducasi
21st-April-2005, 02:22 PM
Hi Ash,

Although Steve could probably do with some practice-you know being a beginner and all :whistle: lol
Ducasi-I was quite impressed-you are a good dancer although you only been goin 8 weeks :wink: btw i'll be wantin another dance nxt wk.
Also-Daniella,you're an amazing dancer, you and Steve dance well together :waycool: .
Ok I am finished with the praise now,lol. Yeah, you're right about Steve – I saw him make so many beginner errors when he was dancing with those two girls at the same time. :whistle:

I don't think I'm doing too bad, all things considered... but when you look at Steve or Danielle, you have to wonder how you could ever get near to their level. :really:

But then, as everyone told me, and so I'm now telling you... They were once beginners just like you. And you've got an advantage on most of the rest of us - you're much younger than us! :sad:

Found the class ok-a little hard :what: , so much to take in-all that turning. I think I did ok though, what did you guys think? You did really well I thought. I was able to lead some simple moves you didn't know and you got through them. You didn't try to lead me, you didn't cause any major injuries, and you enjoyed yourself. And what more could any dance partner want for their follower? :nice:

Hope to see you both back next week – I'll make sure to keep a dance for you. :waycool:

Graham
21st-April-2005, 11:53 PM
:whistle: Oh, well Graham wont be interested then... Now he's got a kilt, you'll be relieved to hear he doesn't spend as much time in a DJ now... :tears:
I'm hurt that you thought I might two-time you :tears:

TheTramp
22nd-April-2005, 12:45 AM
Hi!
So as many will know I did make it last night :D and had a great time.

Found the class ok-a little hard :what: , so much to take in-all that turning. I think I did ok though, what did you guys think?
Glad that you had a good time.

If you've never done any partner dancing before, then it's bound to be a little hard/strange. Don't worry, you'll soon pick it up I'm sure. You did fine when we had a dance.

Hope you keep at it. I'll look forward to seeing how much you (and your friend) have progressed next time I'm through in Glasgow. Got any more work for me down there Franck?? :D

CJ
22nd-April-2005, 10:25 AM
I'm hurt that you thought I might two-time you :tears:

Thought?? :eek:

I KNOW!!!! :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears:

Ducasi told me.

:tears: *WAHHHHHHHHHHH* :tears:

ducasi
22nd-April-2005, 02:39 PM
Ducasi told me. Sorry, this conversation went over my head a while back, and suddenly it involves me? :blush: :confused: :wink:

Graham
22nd-April-2005, 05:11 PM
Sorry, this conversation went over my head a while back, and suddenly it involves me? :blush: :confused: :wink:
Don't worry about it - a perfect understanding of CJ would mean you were at least one of:

A world-class clinical psychologist with excellent general knowledge
Unbelievably debauched
Insane

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
22nd-April-2005, 08:43 PM
And what more could any dance partner want for their follower? :nice:
*Blush*

Hope to see you both back next week – I'll make sure to keep a dance for you. :waycool: Yes see you then-I managed to bribe her to come along again-just kiddin, don't be mad Jenni :innocent:

Hope you keep at it. I'll look forward to seeing how much you (and your friend) have progressed next time I'm through in Glasgow. Got any more work for me down there Franck??

Yeah! Don't stay away too long Steve,lol. ;)

Ashx :hug:

(btw smilies on this site are soo much better than others-but it'd be better if there were more, hint hint-not that I know who i'm hinting to :what: )