PDA

View Full Version : funny words

Swinging bee
14th-April-2005, 09:43 AM
Funny old thing the english language, there are a lot of words that have more than one meaning, there are words that can mean something else depending how you read them, for instance "Manslaughter." you can read this as "mans-laughter"...got any more?

Rhythm King
14th-April-2005, 11:37 AM
Funny old thing the english language, there are a lot of words that have more than one meaning, there are words that can mean something else depending how you read them, for instance "Manslaughter." you can read this as "mans-laughter"...got any more?

I'm still trying to work out what nose-quins are, and why one has to be so strict about them. . .

bobgadjet
14th-April-2005, 12:26 PM
and then there is that good old Scottish engineer

Mac Hine

:D

bobgadjet
14th-April-2005, 12:28 PM
When you get some reports on the radio/TV news about an "incident", they mention about the very clever cavalry in the police force that must be taking over investigations.

This must be so as I often hear ..............

Police horses have stated ..............................

:whistle:

Piglet
29th-April-2005, 12:01 AM
I often hear ..............

Police horses have stated ..............................

Similarly - I asked someone if he minded if I grabbed him as a partner in a ceroc class - he said something along the lines of "of course not" and I replied "Good Answer!"

He thought I'd said "Good Dancer" - it worked for me!! :D

Also today I was chatting to the Head Teacher who was saying she'd had a day from hell (or thereabouts) so I told her that the good thing about that was that tomorrow couldn't be worse. She replied "You're right there because there will be nae kids and nae parents!" I thought for a moment she said she'd be "naked"! She was almost up for the suggestion too! :rofl:

bobgadjet
29th-April-2005, 12:42 AM
Similarly - I asked someone if he minded if I grabbed him as a partner in a ceroc class - he said something along the lines of "of course not" and I replied "Good Answer!"

Do youn need strong hankies to deal with course snot ? :whistle:

Dance Demon
29th-April-2005, 06:08 AM
There's also the visit to a Physio the rapist to sort out that dodgy back.........

Nick M
29th-April-2005, 08:19 AM
Also today I was chatting to the Head Teacher who was saying she'd had a day from hell (or thereabouts) so I told her that the good thing about that was that tomorrow couldn't be worse. She replied "You're right there because there will be nae kids and nae parents!" I thought for a moment she said she'd be "naked"! She was almost up for the suggestion too! :rofl:

And when the vicar announced that there would be a new display in the church porch, one of the old ladies came up to him afterwards and complained indignantly that church was no place for a nudist play

bigdjiver
29th-April-2005, 11:08 AM
Menswear

CJ
29th-April-2005, 11:20 AM
Menswear

Do they?!?

Minnie M
29th-April-2005, 11:45 AM
mi stress