PDA

View Full Version : What should you really be doing instead of being on the forum?

Commis Chef
8th-April-2005, 03:15 PM
There seem to be an a lot of people on the forum during the day when you might expect industry and earning a living to be going on.

I have taken a day off work to study for my Masters assignment but seem to have slipped into the Forum somehow. :devil:

My excuses :

My brain needed to absorb the background reading.
You have to have space to allow creative juices to flow.
Feeling tired from hard work. :rofl:
A few minutes on the Forum won't hurt. :whistle:

What should YOU be doing and what's your excuse? :devil:

stewart38
8th-April-2005, 03:41 PM
working

drathzel
8th-April-2005, 03:42 PM
organising invoices to the contracts they were for, on sage line 50 (new system in office)

My Excuse.....its friday and i have worked hard all day and all week, my brain is mush and nothing is making sense anymore, all the figures are becoming one!

Rhythm King
8th-April-2005, 03:59 PM
Whenever I'm in the office, as opposed to out and about, I just leave the window open in a corner of the PC screen. Sometimes I even look at it at home :eek:

R-K :flower:

David Bailey
8th-April-2005, 08:04 PM
Working, or, currently, putting son to bed (he'll survive, three-year-olds are tough, playing with trains is educational after all).

Top tip: Use Mozilla or Firefox browsers at work, they have lovely browser tabs which allow you to quickly switch views, without any guilty starts or sudden changes in window displays ... apparently. Plus, picking a viewing scheme for Forums which looks like work is a bonus, although all these dratted avatar pix make it look like far too much fun.

I shudder to think how much work I haven't done since being seduced...

Lynn
9th-April-2005, 12:20 PM
Whenever I'm in the office, as opposed to out and about, I just leave the window open in a corner of the PC screen. Sometimes I even look at it at home :eek: :yeah:
I can be reading a thread and doing other more mundane tasks at the same time (women can multi task you know! :whistle: )

I also find it a great 'study avoidance tool' (I am working part time at the mo and studying the other days from home). Its funny but if you sit at a desk with a computer on, you can almost lull yourself into the sense that you are 'working'...

Its better than other classic study avoidance tools - in the past I have even tried housework, which does achieve its purpose (of study avoidance) but seems too much like hard work. The forum is a much preferred alternative.

TheTramp
9th-April-2005, 04:34 PM
study avoidance
:tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears:

You just HAD to say that, didn't you Lynn!! :tears:

Yliander
9th-April-2005, 06:37 PM
depending on the day of the week and the time of day

work
house work
sleep

currently it's sleep

Little Monkey
9th-April-2005, 09:28 PM
Eeeerrrrr....

I always pretend to work - send invoices to customers, price lists or "hate mail" to galleries (the latter is when they've not paid me for a few months...) etc, but in reality 75% of the time I'm supposedly doing "office work", I'm on the forum, or chatting to friends..... Oooops... :whistle:

At the moment I should really be revising for my French exam...... Or do housework........ :rolleyes:

LM - skilled in the art of procrastination! :D

drathzel
28th-April-2005, 11:45 AM
Very Apt!!! :rofl:

http://www.office-humour.co.uk/g/i/2941/

Dreadful Scathe
28th-April-2005, 04:34 PM
I'm much busier these days , you may have noticed :) There used to be more gaps in my day :)

Tessalicious
28th-April-2005, 05:09 PM
I also find it a great 'study avoidance tool' (I am working part time at the mo and studying the other days from home). Its funny but if you sit at a desk with a computer on, you can almost lull yourself into the sense that you are 'working'....
I completely identify - I feel sure there's absolutely nothing wrong with spending more time reading the forum than my notes for my finals which start tomorrow... :whistle:

Bangers & Mash
30th-April-2005, 08:34 PM
I used to live on the forum until I started doing a great job, with really fun people and doing work that I really enjoyed. In the evenings, I'm generally too busy to sit at a pc now!

Guess I'll get back on the forum if anything changes!

:blush: