PDA

View Full Version : Dundee Busk - Saturday 9th April

Tiggerbabe
8th-April-2005, 09:27 AM
Totally gutted that I won't make it to the busk on Saturday :tears: :tears:

(meeting outside Boots in the High Street at 12 noon :D )

Have a great time guys and go get 'em!

I'll be thinking about you and praying for sunshine *fingers crossed*

TheTramp
8th-April-2005, 10:07 AM
Well. Unfortunately it's forecast for light showers. Let's just hope that they aren't between 12pm and 2pm then....

Lorna
8th-April-2005, 12:56 PM
Hi,

have my parents up for the weekend but am going to drag my mum and my kids along. just for a little while. Se you all there,

Lotsa love lorna x-x

JoC
8th-April-2005, 01:00 PM
My pac-a-mac and wellies are at the ready just in case.

Hope a good crowd turns up.

Ah canny wait!!!

John S
8th-April-2005, 01:16 PM
My pac-a-mac and wellies are at the ready just in case.

Maybe Franck will play "It's Raining Men"?

TheTramp
8th-April-2005, 01:24 PM
If I let him anywhere near the choice of music :wink:

Tiggerbabe
8th-April-2005, 02:14 PM
Maybe I'll be glad I'm in London :wink: :whistle: :whistle:

JoC
11th-April-2005, 01:40 PM
Woo-hoo! Busking is great fun! If anyone happens to read this who was maybe thinking about it then got shy, you shoulda!

Once you start dancing you don't even notice the crowd, and a special bonus point I hadn't thought about before, almost unlimited space so you can do as many extravagant arm movements as you want without whacking anyone in the face. The pavement wasn't bad to dance on either though spinning had to be toned down a little to save the legs.

Other advantages, you get loads of dances from your faves and if you're really lucky, a man from the council steals your dance partner :tears: , but then you get your first go at double trouble :eek:!!! Not nerve-racking at all really... thanks Steve and LM! :D :D

Oh and you get to see the guys getting their t-shirts on, and you get to do this 'speaking' thing with your fellow cerocers afterwards!

So thanks for all the dances in the street, and the feast afterwards :flower:.

Hope it did the trick!

John S
11th-April-2005, 06:25 PM
the feast afterwards
Huh! I just had a Boots takeaway sandwich so I could go to the football, and then we lost 2-1. So I made two bad choices, methinks. :sick:

Nice of Jo to say she enjoyed the busk, and full credit to everyone who turned up, but I think all us men were either middle-aged or bearded :eek:
It might have been better if there had been some funky young guys there to show that dancing is a cool thing, and of course to give the young women like Jo something better to watch than me putting on a T-shirt! :sad:

JoC
12th-April-2005, 03:41 PM
No compaints from me about the menfolk present :grin:

TheTramp
12th-April-2005, 05:17 PM
I think all us men were either middle-aged or bearded :eek:
What about those that are half-bearded. Or was I getting lumped into the middle-aged bracket now?? :tears:

JoC
12th-April-2005, 06:06 PM
What about those that are half-bearded

Is there a three-quarter beard to look forward to in the future? How do you measure beards? Density, length, expanse........? I now picture beard measuring instruments, possibly Victorian in origin...I must go home...

John S
12th-April-2005, 07:25 PM
What about those that are half-bearded.
Sorry, that's like being half a virgin - not possible! :D

Or was I getting lumped into the middle-aged bracket now?? :tears: Well, maybe half-middle-aged? :D

Little Monkey
13th-April-2005, 10:07 AM
but then you get your first go at double trouble :eek:!!! Not nerve-racking at all really... thanks Steve and LM! :D :D

Oh and you get to see the guys getting their t-shirts on, and you get to do this 'speaking' thing with your fellow cerocers afterwards!

You did really well at the DT, Jo! I never knew you'd never done it before! :cheers:

As to actually speaking to your fellow dancers..... Yeah I know, weird isn't it!!

Although I enjoyed all my dances with all the lovely guys who were there, I do agree with John about needing a few more young guys there to draw.... Eh, well, to draw more young guys, really! Soh, James and Steve..... Why didn't you join us for a dance? I heard rumours that you walked past without joining in..... Shame on you! And where was Alan, Sam, Vrad, David................. Oh, the list could go on.....

LM

cheeks
13th-April-2005, 10:59 AM
:yeah:

Completely agree with JoC and LM, had a great time. It was my first busk so was nerve racking but once you get started you forget where you are and just have fun, drinks and eats afterwards were superb so much for us never ealting all those platters.... :drool: Big thanks Franck that was one way to ensure we had to dance to shed the pounds we had put on!

We had fab men to dance with would but I think John's right it would have been good to have a few younger faces and LM that list does go on...... come on guys I'm sure Franck is organising more busks real soon so we will see you there .............Yes!

Cheeks :flower:

Now no longer a busking virgin! :whistle:

Stop those thoughts right now and don't even think about saying it! :rofl:

It has already been said :wink:

Monika
13th-April-2005, 03:08 PM
And where was Alan, Sam, Vrad, David................. Oh, the list could go on.....LM
...sorry :blush: We were near Nottingham over the week-end and knew about the busk too late to cancel trip - mental note to pay more attention to Forum announcements :) :flower:
Mon x & Sam x

Little Monkey
14th-April-2005, 12:10 AM
...sorry :blush: We were near Nottingham over the week-end and knew about the busk too late to cancel trip - mental note to pay more attention to Forum announcements :) :flower:
Mon x & Sam x

Oh well, might forgive you...... :hug:

By the way, I assume you guys didn't get locked in at the car park this evening, as I didn't see you hanging around with the rest of the unfortunate lot who'd parked in the Lidl car park? Hope you got home ok, anyway!

LM

Monika
14th-April-2005, 08:00 AM
By the way, I assume you guys didn't get locked in at the car park this evening, as I didn't see you hanging around with the rest of the unfortunate lot who'd parked in the Lidl car park? Hope you got home ok, anyway!LM

....oh dear :sick: we parked in Lidl carpark as well, but must have left early enough as didn't get locked in. Real shame for those who got locked in - not a nice finish of a great night of dancing with some superb music and dancers :flower: :hug:
Happy Dancing
Mon x