PDA

View Full Version : Best In The North - RESULT

Gus
5th-April-2005, 07:20 PM
Just realised I hadn't posted the result.

For those of you in the know we decided to run our own version of the Jivemasters as the 'official' Jivemasters failed to get their butt into gear and get the promised Northern heat arranged (NOT Messr Nathanson's fault ... the reasons lie far nearer to home but in the interest of trying not to annoy people I'll avoid naming and shaming :mad: )

ANYWAY .... it came down to straight head to head at Northwich last Saturday (co-incidentally my last night there :( ) In the Green corner we had Pistol Pete (Line Dancer extrordinaire) & Paula (Blitz's Instructor's Instructor) and in the White Corner Chris (Sue Freeman's prodigy) & Sarah (Blitz Leeds teacher). They had two very different tracks to dancer to. The first was a slow, jazzy number they wont have heard before (by Pink Martini), the second was a faster swing track (Whaddaya Want). Both couples danced superbly and the audience had a hard time picking a winner. In the end Pete & Paula were the victors, and we had reigning Ceroc Advanced Champ, Dale (aka Groovy Dancer) to present the Champagne.

Overall it was a great night, with about 200 dancers there. It goes to show that there is a real interest in local dance competitions and hopefully we will have encouraged more local dancers to start competing and thinking about raising their standard.

So ..... lets hope Jivemaster DO get their act together and remember that there are dancer located between London and Scotland this year :wink:

Final point. As it was my last night (and I’d already been ‘sacked’ by my own crew :tears: ) I started pushing the music envelope by playing music that would be normally reserved for Cool Catz/Jango type events. Though we thinned out the floor a few times it was heart warming to see that a few of the more eclectic tracks did get people dancing. Maybe there is hope for DJs who play something other than middle of the road pop….. :waycool: