PDA

View Full Version : Walthamstow Dance this Saturday! Whats this like?!!? 8)

marty_baby
4th-April-2005, 12:51 PM
Hiya all,

Wow, this Forum is a mine of dance information! Some thought provoking stuff, and Everyone seems really friendly.

I'm parking my butt right here from now on! :clap:

The Walthamstow Dance looks good as well 8)
I think I'll probably do this one now, while I'm in London. :nice:

What can I expect tho?
Can I pay on the door - or will it sell out?
Music wise?
Black tie?
Whats Parking like - with so many people going?
Best place to park? (close by NCP etc???)

All info welcome!
Cheers Guys

Martin
:na:

cerocmetro
4th-April-2005, 05:24 PM
Hiya all,

Wow, this Forum is a mine of dance information! Some thought provoking stuff, and Everyone seems really friendly.

I'm parking my butt right here from now on! :clap:

The Walthamstow Dance looks good as well 8)
I think I'll probably do this one now, while I'm in London. :nice:

What can I expect tho?
Can I pay on the door - or will it sell out?
Music wise?
Black tie?
Whats Parking like - with so many people going?
Best place to park? (close by NCP etc???)

All info welcome!
Cheers Guys

Martin
:na:

All the details:
This Saturday 9th
The Walthamstow Town Hall
Forest Road
Walthamstow
London E17

8pm-1am

£12 in advance call 07768 005858
£15 on the door. There will be tickets on the door, the venue is huge.

Dress, Whatever you like but smart prefered.
You need a Mask to enter the competition.

The competition.
DWAS - free to enter - £500 cash prize money
1 Rule you must wear a mask.

Free car park, plenty of room for everyone.

DJs Jon Brett, Tezi & Robin

It isn't just good, it is the best dance night of the year!!!

To enter the comp, you need to register at the venue by 8.45pm

who will be there to dance with? EVERYONE

David Bailey
4th-April-2005, 05:52 PM
Hmmm, for a possibly less, ahem, enthusiastic response...

It's a lovely venue, almost worth going to see the building and grounds (in Walthamstow, who'd have thought it?).

It's more of a formal event than Hammersmith, hence the dress code, but it's still a very friendly crowd, just dolled up a bit :)
It's obviously more expensive than Hammers, plus I think you have to pay parking - but then they're different events, and you get what you pay for.

Both are big venues, with a lot of people - I imagine Walthamstow will be much bigger though (1000+ people, maybe...). Both are great - Hammersmith probably more for the casual night out, Walthamstow if you want to make a proper night out of it.

cerocmetro
4th-April-2005, 07:11 PM
Hmmm, for a possibly less, ahem, enthusiastic response...

It's a lovely venue, almost worth going to see the building and grounds (in Walthamstow, who'd have thought it?).

It's more of a formal event than Hammersmith, hence the dress code, but it's still a very friendly crowd, just dolled up a bit :)
It's obviously more expensive than Hammers, plus I think you have to pay parking - but then they're different events, and you get what you pay for.

Both are big venues, with a lot of people - I imagine Walthamstow will be much bigger though (1000+ people, maybe...). Both are great - Hammersmith probably more for the casual night out, Walthamstow if you want to make a proper night out of it.

WalthamstowParking is free now :clap:
Dress how you want, just nice when people dress up :grin:
Everyone will be at Walthamstow, well Tiggerbabe, Lory and Lisa, isn't that everyone :drool: :drool:
Isn't every Ceroc night a proper night out :waycool:

Adam

stewart38
5th-April-2005, 11:16 AM
£15 on the door. There will be tickets on the door, the venue is huge.

To enter the comp, you need to register at the venue by 8.45pm

who will be there to dance with? EVERYONE

It was very crowded last time but with Hammersmith on hopefully it wont be so bad. This could have been the case had the policy been not to turn people away and Hammersmith/Amersham etc not on. I assume the venue must have a max nos of people ?

Cruella
5th-April-2005, 04:47 PM
WalthamstowParking is free now :clap:
Dress how you want, just nice when people dress up :grin:
Everyone will be at Walthamstow, well Tiggerbabe, Lory and Lisa, isn't that everyone :drool: :drool:
Isn't every Ceroc night a proper night out :waycool:

Adam

And Cruella, Zebra Woman and Little emcentral. :D

Little Em
5th-April-2005, 05:14 PM
and i cant wait...... though the mask that i have to wear...i must admit, looks like a pair of white frilly knickers :eek:
so no laughing...... !!!! :blush:

Em x ;)

Ste
5th-April-2005, 10:59 PM
Well Marty, this is one of the very very best dance nights of the year.

THere will be fantastic dancers there and great friends that you haven't seen for ages.

It is a fantastic night and people dress up for it.

THe venue is palatial and its a great dance hall.

I would love to go but I shall be otherwise engaged......like at a mate's wedding!

marty_baby
6th-April-2005, 11:11 AM
Hiya Guys,

Wow, I've seen some of the Photo of the place.....

All the best guys!

8)

stewart38
9th-April-2005, 05:50 PM
Im taking a fairly new to ceroc girl to this event tonite so if some of you guys on this site are going maybe i can get you to have a dance with her. Ive never know someone so enthusiastic !

El Salsero Gringo
10th-April-2005, 09:16 AM
I would like quickly to add that this was a really fantastic night last night - anyone who thought about coming along but bottled it at the last minute, you really missed out! Excellent tracks from JB, Robin and Tezi, fantastic dancers, smooth organisation, one of the best dance floors I have ever encountered and a fabulously friendly atmosphere all combined. 'Grumpy' here is trying really hard to think of something that could be improved to balance that out, but nothing springs to mind yet.

Apart from all the other great dancers there, an especial 'HI!' to Tiggerbabe - I hope your visit to London was successful!

Zebra Woman
10th-April-2005, 10:48 AM
I would like quickly to add that this was a really fantastic night last night - anyone who thought about coming along but bottled it at the last minute, you really missed out! Excellent tracks from JB, Robin and Tezi, fantastic dancers, smooth organisation, one of the best dance floors I have ever encountered and a fabulously friendly atmosphere all combined.

:yeah: I had an absolute BALL :clap:
It was great to have enough space to dance this time. I think the overcrowding at the Jivemasters last year put a few people off coming this time. :whistle:

The music makes the night for me, and last night it certainly did the job. Well done JB, Robin and Tezi, plus of course the Jive Aces they did good too. :waycool: And of course the dancers make the night too. Thank you everyone, you know who you are.... :hug:

CONGRATULATIONS to Groovy Dancer and partner (sorry don't know her name :blush: ) for winning the DWAS comp. Oh yes, and very well done to Cruella and SilverFox for dancing their way into the final... :clap: :waycool:

Brilliant night , Respect and congratulations to Adam and crew. :clap:

ZW :flower:

stewart38
10th-April-2005, 01:02 PM
I would like quickly to add that this was a really fantastic night last night - anyone who thought about coming along but bottled it at the last minute, you really missed out! Excellent tracks from JB, Robin and Tezi, fantastic dancers, smooth organisation, one of the best dance floors I have ever encountered and a fabulously friendly atmosphere all combined. 'Grumpy' here is trying really hard to think of something that could be improved to balance that out, but nothing springs to mind yet.

Apart from all the other great dancers there, an especial 'HI!' to Tiggerbabe - I hope your visit to London was successful!

Yes and about 200 less then last year probably because of hammersmith so less crowded which was good !

Lory
10th-April-2005, 01:15 PM
:
CONGRATULATIONS to Groovy Dancer and partner (sorry don't know her name :blush: ) for winning the DWAS comp. Oh yes, and very well done to Cruella and SilverFox for dancing their way into the final... :clap: :waycool:

:yeah: to all that but Dale, were you jammy or WHAT? :really: :whistle: :rofl: :hug:

Well, after saying I'd never enter a competition, I found that someone else had entered my name for me! (thanks Tiggerbabe :rolleyes: ) Actually I really had fun, my partner, who I'd never met before, was really sweet, considerate and gentle! :)

Music

I've got to add my compliments to the Dj's, the music was absolutely spot on! :waycool: :drool:

I've just been on the phone to Adam and he said he didn't have a single complaint, :clap: so, this just goes to prove that 'average joe' DOES enjoy really good and interesting music and we don't HAVE to have the mindless disco thump thump stuff all the time! :clap: :clap: :clap:

For me, there was just about the perfect amount of people, lot's of atmosphere but room to dance as well and dance i did!

I don't know what was in the water but 'all' the men (and ladies) seemed to be on top form! (I even had a couple of really great dances with Mr Lory :eek: )
Too many names to mention but as ZW said, you know who you are! :cheers: :hug:

Well done Adam and team! :cheers: So when's the next dance at Walthamstow then? :na:

Anita
10th-April-2005, 04:13 PM
:yeah: to all that but Dale, were you jammy or WHAT? :really: :whistle: :rofl: :hug:

More embrassing than anything else :o

However, I e-mailed the ceroc metro today and will being returning my prize money to them, to give to a charity.

Thank you to everyone I had a dance with last night - :flower:

Minnie M
10th-April-2005, 04:36 PM

However, I e-mailed the ceroc metro today and will being returning my prize money to them, to give to a charity.

:confused:

Lou
10th-April-2005, 04:48 PM
hehe! Just got off the phone to Sherif who was really enthusiastic about the night - apparently everyone who came up from Bristol had a great time & he was dead chuffed that he'd got 2nd place. :wink:

cerocmetro
10th-April-2005, 06:50 PM
[QUOTE=Lory]:yeah: to all that but Dale, were you jammy or WHAT? :really: :whistle: :rofl: :hug:

Anita that is very generous of you, £250 is a lot of money just to give up. :worthy: I have emailed separately, but if it is OK with you I will donate the money to the Tsunami fund, one I have raised over £5000 for this year. There are still many people there suffering and especially with the second wave that hit recently.

The evening was amazing. The number were down this year and to be honest not a bad thing. The room was still full and the dance floor packed. We have not worked out the actual numbers yet but we think there were just over 500 there.

Well done the Jive Aces, loved the masks, and brilliant, Robin and Jon Brett who both played out of their skins.

Well done all the Metro crew for helping to organise it and YES there will be another dance there this year, details to follow soon when we have devised a plan for a totally awesome night. Hopefully Hammersmith will be on again the same night :whistle:

Personally I had the best evenings dancing I have had for ages, i worked less and left the admin and running to a brilliant crew.

Lisa, Tigerbabe, Sparkles, Sal, you made my evening the BEST :kiss: :drool:

Adam

Tiggerbabe
10th-April-2005, 07:24 PM
Have finally made it home (slight problem with the steering on the aeroplane :eek: ) and just wanted to thank Adam and all of the Ceroc Metro Crew for a fantastic evening.

I enjoyed the music and had some fab dances (thanks Lory for being my "dance partner" pimp :wink: ) - in fact the night was so good, that I didn't even have time to go and get changed *sharp intake of breath*

The only dark cloud was not managing to get a dance with Gordon :sad:

Great to see you again Adam - thanks for that dance :drool: :drool: and for making Lisa and I so welcome :hug:

Robin
11th-April-2005, 01:25 AM
The evening was amazing. The number were down this year and to be honest not a bad thing. The room was still full and the dance floor packed. We have not worked out the actual numbers yet but we think there were just over 500 there.

Well done the Jive Aces, loved the masks, and brilliant, Robin and Jon Brett who both played out of their skins.

Just had to say it was a brilliant night - well done to all the crew! - loved the set JB!

stewart38
11th-April-2005, 09:16 AM
I think it would have been nice to jump from 95 couples to 30 then final 12 but what the hec it was a great night. 95 to 12 was a big jump.

Would also be interesting to see how the ban scored the dancers :nice:

Rhythm King
11th-April-2005, 11:04 AM
I wasn't originally going, but got talked into it at the last minute. I'm so glad I did, it was a brilliant night. Hats off the the Ceroc Metro crew and great to see Adam over for the event!
The place wasn't too crowded either, but that was presumably the Hammersmith effect and Will and Kate's wedding :wink: The music was fab, and The Jive Aces put on their usual virtuoso performances. A belting rendition of Mustang Sally too, my favourite :clap:

A big up to my partner Jooles, in the DWAS comp - well done and somehow, we managed colour co-ordinated outfits - flukey, or what?

Thanks especially (and almost alphabetically :whistle: ) to Danielle, HML, Lisa, Sparkles, Tiggerbabe, ZW and... Asif :eek: for some really fab dances and to others too many to mention. Big apologies to Lory & Little Em - missed you in the melee somewhere. Still don't think I've met Cruella though?
Had a life- (neck-) saving massage from Tessa L too :worthy:

Would also be interesting to see how the ban scored the dancers :nice:

Both Ian Clarkson and Ken Smith were known as dancers before they were in the band. In fact, Ken was the LSDS Lindy Hop champion three times in a row in the mid eighties. Even though they are primarily swing dancers, I think they would have been as good as any of us, put in that situation. :nice:

When's the next one? :whistle:

R-K :flower:

Cruella
12th-April-2005, 08:33 AM
Big apologies to Lory & Little Em - missed you in the melee somewhere. Still don't think I've met Cruella though?
Oh! but you have met me!! I'm ZW friend, met you at Bognor, then on sat we were about to dance but got inturrupted by Adam on stage. I'm Di !! With the blonde streak in the front of my hair and the hats. :grin:
Know me now??

TheTramp
12th-April-2005, 09:16 AM
Oh! but you have met me!! I'm ZW friend, met you at Bognor, then on sat we were about to dance but got inturrupted by Adam on stage. I'm Di !! With the blonde streak in the front of my hair and the hats. :grin:
Know me now??
Nope. Never heard of you!!! :rolleyes:

cerocmetro
12th-April-2005, 09:39 AM
[QUOTE=Rhythm King]Big apologies to Lory & Little Em - missed you in the melee somewhere. Still don't think I've met Cruella though?

Know me now??

:blush: :blush:

Rhythm King
12th-April-2005, 11:04 AM
[QUOTE=Rhythm King]Big apologies to Lory & Little Em - missed you in the melee somewhere. Still don't think I've met Cruella though?

Know me now??

Aha - the penny drops! I get confused by all these secret identities sometimes - that's why I chose to use my real name . . . :rofl: Well at least we had a great dance later :waycool: That Adam has a lot to answer for :whistle:

R-K :flower:

Lisa
12th-April-2005, 11:15 AM
How jammy I was in getting to go to the Masked Ball again?

Well done to the Cerocmetro team for hosting another great evening :clap: The music was outstanding. JB, Simon, Taz and the Jive Aces! You can’t get any better than that. :worthy:

I had a magic time, with some absolutely yummy dances. :drool: Yep I'm pinching myself! Thanks to everyone that I danced with, my only regret was that it finished at 1am.

Cruella, it was really great to chat with you. My offer was very genuine-come up with Paul for the June Beach Ballroom and stay at mine. :hug:

Where do folk buy such varied masks from? Some fab ones there.

Lisa x

stewart38
12th-April-2005, 11:49 AM
Where do folk buy such varied masks from? Some fab ones there.

Lisa x

They were all there when you got there ?

Robin
12th-April-2005, 01:32 PM
How jammy I was in getting to go to the Masked Ball again?

Well done to the Cerocmetro team for hosting another great evening :clap: The music was outstanding. JB, Simon, Taz and the Jive Aces! You can’t get any better than that. :worthy:

Ermm ... Shouldn't that have been Robin & Tezi ?
We're all upset :tears:

:wink:

Lisa
12th-April-2005, 02:07 PM
Ermm ... Shouldn't that have been Robin & Tezi ?
We're all upset :tears:

:wink:

:blush: :blush: Sorry!

Fab music though! :worthy:

Lisa x

Lisa
12th-April-2005, 02:08 PM
They were all there when you got there ?

No!!!!!!!!!! Me thinks you're winding up

Lisa x

Simon r
12th-April-2005, 02:47 PM
No!!!!!!!!!! Me thinks you're winding up

Lisa x
bugger did not get to see you as i was at Hamersmith save a dance for me next time we see each other.... :hug:

Cruella
12th-April-2005, 06:08 PM
[QUOTE=Cruella]

:blush: :blush:

Don't worry Adam i got to dance with him later. Thanks for our two dances was great to dance with my original teacher again. Had the best night i've had in ages. Have a safe flight back to NZ. Look forward to the next Wal thamstow dance. :kiss:

cerocmetro
12th-April-2005, 06:30 PM
[QUOTE=cerocmetro]

Don't worry Adam i got to dance with him later. Thanks for our two dances was great to dance with my original teacher again. Had the best night i've had in ages. Have a safe flight back to NZ. Look forward to the next Wal thamstow dance. :kiss:

Phew thank goodness, I was very concerned and did not sleep very well. :rolleyes:

I am going to try and forum from 54000 feet, I understand that Singapore Airlines have wifi internet on board. Could be a new thread, like, interersting places to forum from, or even start a forum mile high club :wink: :devil: :rofl:

Adam

Lory
12th-April-2005, 06:47 PM
Singapore Airlines have wifi internet on board.
Nahh, that's just the excuse they use for 'after curry effects' of the inflight meal! :wink:

Have a safe journey home Adam and I'm looking forward to catching up with you again, when your back over for your daughters birthday in a couple of months! :kiss: :hug: :kiss:

Lisa
12th-April-2005, 08:38 PM
bugger did not get to see you as i was at Hamersmith save a dance for me next time we see each other.... :hug:

Most definitely Simon. I'll grab you for a dance at the London Ceroc Champs. Hope you had a great night at Hammersmith.
:hug:
Lisa x

Simon r
14th-April-2005, 07:46 AM
Most definitely Simon. I'll grab you for a dance at the London Ceroc Champs. Hope you had a great night at Hammersmith.
:hug:
Lisa x
your on see if we can improve on that dance at Blackpool :worthy: