PDA

View Full Version : Gorgeous gus workshops

Fran
24th-November-2002, 10:59 PM
Just like to say that with all the comments being said at the moment about the party, there were 3 really good workshops yesterday afternoon before the party in Glasgow presented by Gus and Helen. They were great fun - thank you:nice: :kiss:

During the classes I heard many people comment on the high quality and importance of the saftey tips in the drops workshops - (some people said they now realised that they had been doing it wrong for years and no wonder it did'nt work!!) And it was really great being taught by 2 teachers - so both the male and the female part came across well informed.

hope to see you both back up for some more soon

Fran
:cheers: :kiss:

Ps well done Brady for winning the prize!!!! :wink:

Wendy
24th-November-2002, 11:13 PM
Hear ! Hear ! Fran !!!

They were superb... lots of space.... safety taken very seriously.... great value for money .....:wink:

Wx

Graham
24th-November-2002, 11:13 PM
Thanks Fran!

I was thinking yesterday about posting something, but the party and ensuing controversy put it temporarily out of my mind. I agree - really well-organised workshops, with a friendly welcome, excellent handouts, good teaching from both Gus and Helen, and top marks for the emphasis on safety.

Thanks for a great afternoon!

PS One minus point: the accoustics were dire, so I didn't hear why Brady got the smarties.

Fran
24th-November-2002, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by Graham

PS One minus point: the accoustics were dire, so I didn't hear why Brady got the smarties.

because he was sooo cool at it! :nice:

Gus did mention somthing about the prize being the best 6" a woman could ever want or something...but he was referring to the rather large tube of smarties he gave brady!:wink:

fran:nice:

Gus
24th-November-2002, 11:40 PM

Thnaks for the feedback ... intedn to use my full sound system next time with headmikes.

Sorry for the lack of clarity .. the reason Brady got the prize, as Fran says, cause he was so cool .. the prize was for the most improved dancer ... and young Brady was superb .... though there was some pretty close competition!

There was actualy a similar prize for the UCP class but I was forgot to award it ... I'm now punishing myself by having to eat all the Smarties by myself ... ahhh the agony:wink:

Graham
24th-November-2002, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by Gus
.. the prize was for the most improved dancer ... and young Brady was superb .... I thought as much. Brady the most improved - God it's depressing - the guy was full of the cold, and he was better than me to start with!!! :tears: :tears:

Heather
24th-November-2002, 11:53 PM
:D :D Yeah !!! We believe you Gus !!!!!!!:wink: :wink:

You already have my comments on the workshops, but just so everyone else knows - EXCELLENT!!!!(Especially the Dips, Drops and Leans).
:cheers:
Heather
:kiss: :kiss:

Gus
25th-November-2002, 12:06 AM
I thought as much. Brady the most improved - God it's depressing - the guy was full of the cold, and he was better than me to start with!!! :tears: :tears:
Sir ... you do yourself no justice ... I thought you were really getting into the groove of things ... and your UCP interpretation was nice to watch!

Gadget
25th-November-2002, 12:52 AM
Just thought I would post my comments on the workshops (now that they have had a bit more time to settle)
Before I start with anything that may be considered negative; I thought that the whole thing was very well run and the actual teaching was first class - Thanks.

Dips & Seducers: I found that the difference in lead between each variation was quite subtle and needed a bit of experimentation before I felt OK with it. {but I'm probably trying to over-complicate things}

Club Jive: Nice moves, but I think that it's hard to get the 'attitude' - Perhaps if the music selection had all been of the same genre {instead of showing how the same attitude could be used with different styles of music} it would have got the feel across better.

UCP: Again, it's the attitude and the music. I liked the moves - very sensuous and short {in actual action, if not execution}; can be adapted/tagged onto any other move to give it a bit more of a spark. Personal thing perhaps, but when does a move go beyond "blues" and into slease? I'm always wary of crossing that line.

Again - thanks for some excellent workshops.:grin: :waycool:

TheTramp
25th-November-2002, 02:18 AM
Personal opinion in this answer Gadget, but it comes from talking to quite a lot of friends about it from time to time.

It goes from being anything (applies to normal jive as well as blues - and definitely salsa!) into sleaze the moment the person doing the move starts to think about it in that way.

From experience - and this is definitely dancing with someone you know, not someone you just met, no matter how they were dancing with the person before you - you can get away with almost anything, as long as you're actually dancing, and not just there for a quick grope.

Steve

Gus
25th-November-2002, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by Gadget

Club Jive: .........Perhaps if the music selection had all been of the same genre {instead of showing how the same attitude could be used with different styles of music} it would have got the feel across better.

Gadget ... thanks for the feedbacl ... ALL comments welcome, both positive and negative. The biggest challenege in running 1 hour intro courses (as all three were) is to give enough material across to make the style workable but at the same time teaching each aspect in enough detail to communicate the feel.

I think that we achieved that pretty well in the Club Jive and the Drops, less well in the UCP where I think people may have thought .... "these are similar moves again" .... where what we were trying to show was that a similar move with different emphasis is really a different move .... well, that was the idea,

Re your comments on the music ... agree ..... again got caught between rock and hard place .. trying to get the feel of club music but trying to show that you can use the style for any music where there is a real pulse.

Fran
25th-November-2002, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by TheTramp

From experience - and this is definitely dancing with someone you know, not someone you just met, no matter how they were dancing with the person before you - you can get away with almost anything, as long as you're actually dancing, and not just there for a quick grope.

Steve

well said- great description - especailly the bit about how the person was dancing just before!! :nice:

thankyou for the dances - thought the suit looked v.smart!!
fran:nice: :nice:

Brady
25th-November-2002, 10:33 AM
Gus,

Even though I was a bit under the weather, I thought the workshops were excellent. It's nice to get a variation of styles all in one day and put them to similar moves so that one can see how much style plays a role in dancing, rather than just the moves you are doing. I especially enjoyed the club jive, as that is a style that "young Brady" does quite enjoy! So, when are you back to do the next set of workshops???

Brady

P.S. Thanks for the smarties, I think the rat in my place got to them yesterday, as they were all gone this morning. :really:

TheTramp
25th-November-2002, 10:36 AM
I should have added that no matter how you try to hide it, if you are just there for a quick grope, the ladies will know.

On the other hand, if the ladies are there for a quick grope, you'll just have to grin and bare (note to Heather, this was the intended spelling of that word!!) it!!

Thanks for the comments on the suit Fran :)

Steve

Gadget
25th-November-2002, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Gus
~snip~ I think people may have thought .... "these are similar moves again" .... where what we were trying to show was that a similar move with different emphasis is really a different move .... well, that was the idea,
It did come across :) - perhaps my wording was misleading; I meant the same comments regarding the music and moves {excellent moves, too mixed music}, not that the music and the moves were the same.

Re your comments on the music ... agree ..... again got caught between rock and hard place .. trying to get the feel of club music but trying to show that you can use the style for any music where there is a real pulse.
My feeling is that since the workshops were appropriately titled, anyone who attended would not be disappointed if all of the music was chosen to reflect the style of dance.
Most Cerocer's already realise that you can dance any style to any music; 'blues' could be done to thrash metal if you really felt the inclination.
{I can just imagine Bill dancing to "Jesus built my HotRod" :D}

Gus
25th-November-2002, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by Brady
So, when are you back to do the next set of workshops???

Brady

Good question ... will now have to be after the Nationals (Blackpool) ... hope you guys will be competing aswell ... would be great to see you guys in March.

Looking to get back late March/April, as long as Helen is free ... seems she went down a storm:D :D Hopew you guys enjoyed her teaching as much as I enjoyed teaching with her.

. Although we are not linked to Ceroc, ettiquette demands that I make sure that anything I run doesn't conflict with any Ceroc events .... that said, am thinking about running a couple of workshops on a Saturday in Aberdeen then back to Glasgow for a dance night then run a few more advanced classes on the Sunday (hangovers and aching feet permitting) ... How does that sound? Good Idea/Bad Idea?

PS ...well proud of the guys in the UCP class ... the lads clearly had a far better understanding of the beat AND had the sexiest walks!:devil: :wink: :devil:

Fran
25th-November-2002, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Gus

PS ...well proud of the guys in the UCP class ... the lads clearly had a far better understanding of the beat AND had the sexiest walks!:devil: :wink: :devil:

not at all, we merely felt sorry for you boys and as a group desision we thought it would be nice to let you think you won!
:kiss: :devil:

Dave Hancock
25th-November-2002, 02:42 PM
Gus,

Would like to echo the comments of all that's been said before on this thread on behalf of both myself and my 2 female companions, we all had a fabby time and think that with the timescale permitted, you had just about the right mix moves as well as discussion on style and attitude - well done.

Re the possibility of workshops in March or April, I certainly know of three Aberdonian's who'd be booking on any such workshops.

Thanks again and hope to see you back up here n the springtime

Bill
25th-November-2002, 06:36 PM

Steve

Perfect answer..........:D ............and of course Steve never does anything 'sleazy' :eek: :grin:

THE most important thing is as Steve says, is to know ( trust and respect ) your partner. There are moves I'd only do with Fran, Laura and Lisa because we've danced together for a while although there are others I'd tone down for other dancers.

And yes, from what I've been told virtually every woman can tell when a man is doing 'blues' or 'real' UCP moves and when he's just trying it on. If you are comfortable together and playing to the music then you can get away with what looks like some really raunchy moves ( see other thread).

Wonder if wearing a bright green suit helps :D :eek: :na:

Bill
25th-November-2002, 06:41 PM
oh.......and yes.....I suppose I need to agree with everyone. For big soft southerners they weren't bad teachers........... :kiss: :D

Almost sounded as if Gus knew what he was talking about :wink: But of course having the lovely Helen as your demo :what: ...oops.......sorry ............your teaching assistant meant it was going to be a great day.

And at the risk of sounding like an old foggy................Brady what's Jesus built my Hot rod?????????????? :confused:

Now I wonder if I can get down and funky ??? Somehow I doubt it :sorry :tears:

TheTramp
25th-November-2002, 06:49 PM
and of course Steve never does anything 'sleazy'
Of course I don't guv'nor. It's all just dancing.

What might a bright green suit help you to do? Although, Audrey told me that she was disappointed that it wasn't more of a lime green!!! :rolleyes:

Steve

Fran
25th-November-2002, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by Bill

And at the risk of sounding like an old foggy................Brady what's Jesus built my Hot rod?????????????? :confused:

you are not alone!! I was wondering that as well. :nice:

fran

Gadget
25th-November-2002, 10:16 PM
"Jesus built my hotrod" by the Ministry - a classic headbanging track. This is taken from a review of the single;
If Jerry Lee Lewis were to be born in the future, and handed an "electric" guitar, a few computers and Marshall stacks and forced to play at firepoint by Satan, J.B.M.H. would be the finished result. The first version which clocks in at 8:13 (redline/whiteline version) opens with industrial chantings & samples and a classic intro from Gibby Haynes: "Soon I discovered this rock thing was true. Jerry Lee Lewis was the devil. Jesus was an architect, previous to his career as a prophet. All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing that I could do: was ding-a-ding-dang-my-dang-a-dang-a-long-ling-long." From there the MINISTRY motor blast wide open and shifts into double bass high speed, closing out the winning race with hypnotic questioning of American ethics.

Very sardonic lyrics {you actually need to read them however; you will never be able to understand the growling of the lead vocalist}. Very fast, but I'm sure that dancing to every fourth beat it could be Ceroced to.

Franck
26th-November-2002, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by Gus
Looking to get back late March/April, as long as Helen is free ... seems she went down a storm:D :D Hopew you guys enjoyed her teaching as much as I enjoyed teaching with her. Hi Gus,

I am really sorry I did not make it to workshops in the end, and from the feedback here, it looks like I would have really enjoyed the Club Jive and U.C.P.
I definitely hope you can make it to Aberdeen soon, and that this time I am able to attend!
I am in the process of preparing a couple of big events for Aberdeen / Glasgow and Perth, so send me a PM when you have a clearer idea, and we can try to synchronize things to maximize the fun for everyone!

Franck.

Gus
27th-November-2002, 02:12 AM
For those who attended the workshops..

At one point during either the Club Jive or the USP workshop one of the ladies came out with the classic comment ...

"but of course its only the first two inches that count" ...:really::really:

Can anyone remember what relevance this had to what I was teaching because for th life of me I can't think of any move I taught that had such sexual connotation (OK ... so I lie a little but which move?):wink:

Graham
27th-November-2002, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by Gus
For those who attended the workshops..

At one point during either the Club Jive or the USP workshop one of the ladies came out with the classic comment ...

"but of course its only the first two inches that count" ...:really::really:

Can anyone remember what relevance this had to what I was teaching because for th life of me I can't think of any move I taught that had such sexual connotation (OK ... so I lie a little but which move?):wink:
I didn't rush to make notes, but I think it referred to the depth of a dip/seducer. I think the point was that just starting to go down gave a lot of the pleasure to the lady, and that there was no need to go all the way. :really: :really: :innocent:

Gus
27th-November-2002, 11:56 AM

I didn't rush to make notes, but I think it referred to the depth of a dip/seducer. I think the point was that just starting to go down gave a lot of the pleasure to the lady, and that there was no need to go all the way. :really: :really: :innocent:

Must remeber to incorporate that into my standard patter when next I teach those moves .... it seems to work pretty well as an aide memoire ..... as well as illustrating the point rather well ....... now if I can just work on this 'pleasureing the lady' bit....:nice:

Rachel
27th-November-2002, 03:19 PM
... just starting to go down gave a lot of the pleasure to the lady, and that there was no need to go all the way. :really: :really: :innocent: Hmmmm ... did either of you (Gus/Graham?) once say something about being single at the moment? Wonder why?!!!

TheTramp
27th-November-2002, 03:23 PM
Ooooh..... This one would be for you then Rachel!!

http://forums.off-topic.net/images/smilies/69.gif

Steve

Graham
27th-November-2002, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Rachel
Hmmmm ... did either of you (Gus/Graham?) once say something about being single at the moment? Wonder why?!!! I'm flattered, Rach, but I'm happily married, thanks (you've even met me with my wife!). I think Gus has mentioned being single though. :wink:

Lou
27th-November-2002, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Gadget
"Jesus built my hotrod" by the Ministry

Very fast, but I'm sure that dancing to every fourth beat it could be Ceroced to.

Any time you want to try it - I'm your girl! :grin: I wanna run home & play it now!

I'm always amazed at the range of excellent, but obscure tracks people mention on here... I'm stuck in a Kylie & Shania filled desolate wasteland....

Rachel
27th-November-2002, 04:08 PM
Ooooh..... This one would be for you then Rachel!!

http://forums.off-topic.net/images/smilies/69.gif

Steve Steve!!! I'm ... well, speechless! I'd love to say I'm disgusted ... but I guess I asked for that, and the avatar's just so, well ... funny!

Gus
27th-November-2002, 04:08 PM
Hmmmm ... did either of you (Gus/Graham?) once say something about being single at the moment? Wonder why?!!!

Well its generaly well known that the single man is more into GIVING pleasure than taking ..... a more relaxed approach to the pleasure situations ... where they take their time ....:devil: :devil: :wink:

TheTramp
27th-November-2002, 04:16 PM
Rachel

Glad you like it, if you want it for your own personal avatar, I can send you the gif :)

Or if you'd prefer, I can offer you this one....

http://projectsatan.homestead.com/files/3some.gif

Steve

Rachel
27th-November-2002, 04:16 PM
I'm flattered, Rach, but I'm happily married, thanks (you've even met me with my wife!). I think Gus has mentioned being single though. :wink: Oh God, Graham, have I met your wife? I'm so sorry! I don't think you introduced anyone to me as your wife, did you? If you did, then I apologise profusely!! What's her name?

Actually, though - I was being perhaps a little sarcastic with this post. What I meant was - if any woman ever tells you it's enough to just think about going down, she doesn't really mean it!!

But, then, you're married and I know what that's like! I tried it once .... for 10 years

(Only joking - honest! Besides, I've got a lot to get you back for!!)

Rachel
27th-November-2002, 04:19 PM
Rachel

Glad you like it, if you want it for your own personal avatar, I can send you the gif :)

Or if you'd prefer, I can offer you this one....

http://projectsatan.homestead.com/files/3some.gif

Steve I'd love an avatar ... Funny considering all the time I've spent on this forum and never got round to finding myself an avatar.

However, I don't think I'd dare go with any of your suggestions - thanks all the same!!

Rachel
27th-November-2002, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by Gus

Well its generaly well known that the single man is more into GIVING pleasure than taking ..... a more relaxed approach to the pleasure situations ... where they take their time ....:devil: :devil: :wink: Oh yeah???

Gus
27th-November-2002, 04:38 PM
Oh yeah???

I rest on my credentials (:confused: ) ... on Saturday I had a whole room of people paying vary carefull attention as I told them how to make it better for the women .. how not to rush things, how to stay close, positions etc etc. Even married men like Graham admitted they had learnt a lot.....

I rest my case:waycool:

Rachel
27th-November-2002, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by Gus

I rest on my credentials (:confused: ) ... on Saturday I had a whole room of people paying vary carefull attention as I told them how to make it better for the women .. how not to rush things, how to stay close, positions etc etc. Even married men like Graham admitted they had learnt a lot.....

I rest my case:waycool: Wow! Um, is there any way we could kind of make attendance at your workshops compulsory for all Ceroc men?

Gus
27th-November-2002, 05:02 PM
Wow! Um, is there any way we could kind of make attendance at your workshops compulsory for all Ceroc men?

Depends if the women can take that much pleasure:devil: You should see the mobes that DS, Brady, Graham et al now know ... NO Woman will remain unmoved........

This stuff just writes itself :nice: :wink:

John S
27th-November-2002, 07:22 PM
Oh God, Graham, have I met your wife? I'm so sorry!

You're not alone in that, Rachel.:na: :na:

Tiggerbabe
27th-November-2002, 07:40 PM
About that birthday dance you were hoping for John.......

blown it bigtime I think:reallymad

Over to you Wendy:wink: :wink:

Sandy
28th-November-2002, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by Gus

. Although we are not linked to Ceroc, ettiquette demands that I make sure that anything I run doesn't conflict with any Ceroc events .... that said, am thinking about running a couple of workshops on a Saturday in Aberdeen then back to Glasgow for a dance night then run a few more advanced classes on the Sunday (hangovers and aching feet permitting) ... How does that sound? Good Idea/Bad Idea?

Definitely interested in the workshops for Aberdeen so count the two Sandy's in for all 3 whenever you decide to have them. You could of course come to an Aberdeen party as well!

Looking forward to the moves:wink:

Sandy

Sandy
28th-November-2002, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by Gus

Depends if the women can take that much pleasure:devil: You should see the mobes that DS, Brady, Graham et al now know ... NO Woman will remain unmoved........

This stuff just writes itself :nice: :wink:

REALLY! GET YOURSELF TO ABERDEEN TILL WE SORT YOU OUT BOY!:devil:

SANDY

Gus
28th-November-2002, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by Sandy
REALLY! GET YOURSELF TO ABERDEEN TILL WE SORT YOU OUT BOY!:devil:

SANDY Don't know ... maybe in future the Gorgureous Gus workshops should have a health warning ... something like,
"Danger .... these classes may exceed your pleasure threshold".

So Sandy .... haven't you been 'Brady'd' yet:devil:

Graham
28th-November-2002, 11:14 AM
Oh God, Graham, have I met your wife? I'm so sorry! I don't think you introduced anyone to me as your wife, did you? If you did, then I apologise profusely!! What's her name?Don't sweat it - she's very independent and doesn't like being introduced as a "wife". In fact, she's so independent some people don't believe I even exist!

Actually, though - I was being perhaps a little sarcastic with this post. What I meant was - if any woman ever tells you it's enough to just think about going down, she doesn't really mean it!!
Naturally I was aware of this. Or should I say - Nadjually I wath away of thith :wink: :devil:

But, then, you're married and I know what that's like! I tried it once .... for 10 years
You must have been a child bride! (you were talking about being married for ten years, right? Not... :wink: )

Graham
28th-November-2002, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by John S

You're not alone in that, Rachel.:na: :na:

Which did you mean, John?

a) You're not alone in not realising you'd met my wife

b) You're not alone in being sorry you'd met my wife

Think carefully before you answer.....:wink:

Rachel
28th-November-2002, 12:00 PM
Graham, thanks for putting me out of my shame and embarrassment - now we've cleared the air somewhat and I know what's what and who you're involved with (Hi Wendy!!), I feel as if I might, very cautiously, be able to show my face on the forum again ...

Naturally I was aware of this. Or should I say - Nadjually I wath away of thith :wink: :devil: There's simply no reply which could do that comment justice! But it will have me laughing for the rest of the day!!

You must have been a child bride! (you were talking about being married for ten years, right? Not... :wink: ) Oh your flattery is wonderful! No, I wasn't a child - I was 22 when I got married. Unfortunately, he wasn't a dancer so, as the years wore on, we saw less and less of each other until we kind of ... forgot we were married. And, um, yes Graham, I was referring to 10 years of marriage!

Now I think I'd better swiftly get off this subject before it gets even worse ... and let the thread get back to workshops. And don't go embarrassing me again, ok?!
Rachel

Gus
28th-November-2002, 12:10 PM
Oh your flattery is wonderful! No, I wasn't a child - I was 22 when I got married.
Rachel
This forum never ceases to amaze me ..... how did we start a thread on workshops and end up discussing the intimate details of Rachel's past ... though must admit it sounds a lot more interesting than mine ...... we really should have a "On the Doctor's Couch" area so we can delve more deeply into these things:devil:
she STILL only looks 22 to me

Anyway ... hands up any lady's who've been Brady'd over the last week .... and was it good for you:wink:

Come to think of it, Graham, have't you been 'experimenting'?

DavidB
28th-November-2002, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Gus
hands up any lady's who've been Brady'd over the last week .... Come to think of it, Graham, have't you been 'experimenting'? Graham has been Brady'd???

Rachel
28th-November-2002, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Gus

This forum never ceases to amaze me ..... how did we start a thread on workshops and end up discussing the intimate details of Rachel's past ... though must admit it sounds a lot more interesting than mine ...... we really should have a "On the Doctor's Couch" area so we can delve more deeply into these things:devil: You're right, how did I get onto giving out so many personal details on a workshops thread?? But, then, I'm sure you're to blame somehow, Gus, for leading us all off-track. Didn't you start talking about 2 inches and how good that could be for the lady, or something?

she STILL only looks 22 to me Gus, you are my favourite person in the whole world!!

TheTramp
28th-November-2002, 01:02 PM
she STILL only looks 22 to me
Hmmm. Sir. I beg to disagree.

She in no way looks 22.

But she might in a few years time!!

Steve

Rachel
28th-November-2002, 01:32 PM

Hmmm. Sir. I beg to disagree.

She in no way looks 22.

But she might in a few years time!!

Steve Ok then, you're my favourite person now ... unless there are any better offers forthcoming?? Ok, shameless, I know, but I'm growing wrinkly and flabby and need all the flattery I can get!

Seriously, though, I think someone had better get this thread off me - and my wobbly bits - and back on track. And I had better go away and do some work!
Rachel

Rachel
28th-November-2002, 01:39 PM
Seriously, though, I think someone had better get this thread off me - and my wobbly bits - and back on track. And I had better go away and do some work! Rachel Come to think of it, can't someone get this thread back onto the Graham being Brady'd track?? Now that is what I'd call interesting!!!

Graham
28th-November-2002, 02:07 PM
Come to think of it, can't someone get this thread back onto the Graham being Brady'd track?? Now that is what I'd call interesting!!!
I've been waiting until his cold got better. Can't decide whether to get him to lead or not though. I hear he's pretty hot stuff as a follower. :really:

Gus
28th-November-2002, 02:08 PM
But, then, I'm sure you're to blame somehow, Gus, for leading us all off-track. Didn't you start talking about 2 inches and how good that could be for the lady, or something?

Excuse me but THAT WAS ON TRACK!! That was exactly what I teaching during the workshops!! ... anyway it wasn't JUST two inches ... it was that the rest was a waste .....

Brady
28th-November-2002, 02:15 PM
I think I better jump in here before the 'Graham been Brady'd' bit gets carried out of hand, as did Rachel's bit. Graham has yet to be Brady'd. In fact, Bill is the only male that has been Brady'd. Oh, and Franck was halfway Brady'd one night. I haven't danced with many of the men as most of them won't do it because 'guys shouldn't dance with guys'. All I can say to that is if you are unsure about your masculinity, then perhaps you have a case, but if you're confident about it (as am I), then dancing with another guy shouldn't be a big deal.

Franck
28th-November-2002, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Gus
anyway it wasn't JUST two inches ... it was that the rest was a waste ..... Oooooooh, touchŽ Gus ??? :na: :devil:

Franck.

Franck
28th-November-2002, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Brady
Oh, and Franck was halfway Brady'd one night. No need to apologize :wink: these things happen, you probably were tired that evening :na:

In any event, if that was only a 'half-brady', can't wait for the full experience... :nice:

Franck.

TheTramp
28th-November-2002, 02:20 PM
Is there a queue to stand in somewhere, for the Brady experience!?!

Steve

Brady
28th-November-2002, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Franck
No need to apologize :wink: these things happen, you probably were tired that evening :na:

In any event, if that was only a 'half-brady', can't wait for the full experience... :nice:

Franck.

Oh, that wasn't an apology, the other half went to Janet, remember??!!! :wink:

I'll catch you for both a lead and follow one of these nights and you can get the full experience!!! :sick:

Gus
28th-November-2002, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Franck
Oooooooh, touchŽ Gus ??? :na: :devil:

Franck.

Touch Gus???? Only if you ask nicely;)

To explain what all this "two inches" is all about (without getting arrested ...);

the point was made in the workshop that in drops men tend to get all macho and throw the ladies down to the floor thinking this looks good ... well, sometimes maybe, but a straw poll of ladies suggests that its the little drops (aka dips) that are mpore pleasureable ... just a small gentle movement, held for a few beats, in time with the general flow of the music ... thats how we came to develop the Gus Hug (OK ... so I nicked the basic move from Saffron ... superb Ceroc teacher in London). Ask the guys and gals who did the drops workshop and see what they think.

Re Brady'd ... not sure if it should be a Noun or a Verb;

e.g. "see that man, he's a real Brady"

OR ... "just wait till the music starts, ... I'm going to give you a damn good Bradying"

Discuss.....

Sandy
28th-November-2002, 07:25 PM
Nope I don't believe I have:tears: :tears: Why not make it a double trouble or double pleasure?? by the two of you coming up to Aberdeen together? What a workshop that could be

:devil: :wink:

Sandy

Steven
28th-November-2002, 07:32 PM
If there is one thing from the workshops that I will always remember it is that famous quote!!!

Was trying out the club jive moves with Sheena last night!!! Will need to learn some more of them.

Cheers
Steven

Tiggerbabe
29th-November-2002, 01:05 AM
Well, sorry to make you jealous Sandy - BUT I was Brady'd at the Anniv Party and it was fantastic..................:D :D

Gus
29th-November-2002, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by Sheena
Well, sorry to make you jealous Sandy - BUT I was Brady'd at the Anniv Party and it was fantastic..................:D :D

I'd hoped that teh new Verb would have been Gus'd;

i.e. He Gus'd me, I Gus'd him, We would have Gus'd .... but seems like the new verb is Brady'd ... the question is (for Heather) is this a transitive or intransitive verb...i.e. do you Brady or are you Brady'd? Discusss

Tiggerbabe
29th-November-2002, 01:27 AM
Aha! but the Gus experience eluded me at the party - and I was most eager to see if the 2" story was true:innocent:

I've had the pleasure before though - and would love to do it again sometime soon:waycool:

I think you're definitely "Brady'd" though YOU CAN'T Brady 'cause he's leading:wink:

Fran
29th-November-2002, 01:33 AM

Snap Sheena:wink: :wink:

Gus
29th-November-2002, 01:36 AM

I think you're definitely "Brady'd" though YOU CAN'T Brady 'cause he's leading:wink:

OK ... who the heck is going to provide a definition of "Brady'd"

Sandy
29th-November-2002, 10:11 AM

The Green Eyed Monster cometh:reallymad

Now Sheena a true friend would share and share alike! Now if the definition of Brady'd is a bit delicate then you can always "private message" me with the details:really: This then would keep the Gus' of the world guessing:wink:

Remember your friends Sheena and it is nearly Xmas after all!

:cheers:
Sandy

Brady
29th-November-2002, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by Sandy

Sandy,

I do believe that you have been 'Brady'd' when I was up to Aberdeen for the H & Kirsty workshop/party. But, if you can't remember it, then it must not have had the full experience. Your last two opportunities (before I head back to the US) will be this weekend at Edinburgh, or next weekend in Dundee. Hope to catch you at one of these two so you can see if these lot are all talk or if one can actually be 'Brady'd'!!! :what:

[QUOTE
Well, sorry to make you jealous Sandy - BUT I was Brady'd at the Anniv Party and it was fantastic..................

Sheena,

Must say it was also fantastic for myself...!!! :wink: I would love to take all the credit, but unfortunately that would be very selfish of me, especially when I know that the 'Brady'd' experience is much a result of a terriffic follow. :grin:

You can all talk about being 'Brady'd' as much as you want here on the forum, but please don't come up to me and ask to be 'Brady'd' or you will certainly turn my face bright red!!! :sorry

Sandy
29th-November-2002, 10:37 AM
Sandy,

I do believe that you have been 'Brady'd' when I was up to Aberdeen for the H & Kirsty workshop/party. But, if you can't remember it, then it must not have had the full experience. Your last two opportunities (before I head back to the US) will be this weekend at Edinburgh, or next weekend in Dundee. Hope to catch you at one of these two so you can see if these lot are all talk or if one can actually be 'Brady'd'!!! :what:

[/B]

Brady I can remember having a "quick shot" during the class but not a proper free style dance and certainly not experienced one of "those" moves you picked up at the last workshop so I will make a definite effort to be 'Brady'd' before you go!:wink:

Sandy

TheTramp
29th-November-2002, 10:41 AM
You can all talk about being 'Brady'd' as much as you want here on the forum, but please don't come up to me and ask to be 'Brady'd' or you will certainly turn my face bright red!!!
There you go ladies. I expect Brady's face to be bright red for the entire evening at his last two dances!!!

Steve