PDA

View Full Version : London 17th April - HMS President - do we need a membership card!?!?!?

marty_baby
3rd-April-2005, 11:42 PM
Hiya All,

I will be a in London with work this month. Hope to do some dancing in while in town, this time around.

Looks like I can make it to one of these HMS Tea parties!
Never been to one before - and looking fwd to it.

Few Questions though:

1. £8 - PLUS - membership card (!!?!!?)
* Strange londoners! :wink:
* Do I need to be a member before I turn up? Or can I just pay the extra on the door?

2. Whats it like?
* Is there more than one room, with different music/dances or something?
* Dance wise? (Leroc in the main, or is it mainly Tango etc?)
* Music Wise? (Fast or slow in the main?)
* People wise?
* Whats the floors like? Fast or "just right"?

Best Wishes
Martin

stewart38
5th-April-2005, 11:33 AM
Hiya All,

I will be a in London with work this month. Hope to do some dancing in while in town, this time around.

Looks like I can make it to one of these HMS Tea parties!
Never been to one before - and looking fwd to it.

Few Questions though:

1. £8 - PLUS - membership card (!!?!!?)
* Strange londoners! :wink:
* Do I need to be a member before I turn up? Or can I just pay the extra on the door?

2. Whats it like?
* Is there more than one room, with different music/dances or something?
* Dance wise? (Leroc in the main, or is it mainly Tango etc?)
* Music Wise? (Fast or slow in the main?)
* People wise?
* Whats the floors like? Fast or "just right"?

Best Wishes
Martin

Its a boat so floor isnt fantasic. Just come along im sure you can pay extra at door but check first ? People are fine, There is cake coffee etc Free, outside area (it can get warm on dance floor but they have big fans)

Its standard ceroc jive music . Only one room another seems to be left for the odd person to sing karaoke ?? Nos usually ok if not sometimes a bit over crowded (300 +?)

Tiggerbabe
5th-April-2005, 12:18 PM
I'll add my tuppenceworth - I visited the HMS President when I was down in London in January. Went along to the Tea Dance on my own :eek: and had a fantastic afternoon.
Can't deny that it was busy and once or twice the floor seemed very, very crowded :wink:
The floor is bevelled, so not ideal, but hey! It's a boat :na:

I even managed to have a couple of dances outside on the deck, with Simon from Australia. Poor guy had no chance, as Lory grabbed him for me :waycool: (thanks Lory :hug: )

Great music from Erik and met a few forumites who appeared later in the afternoon.

I'd thoroughly recommend it :D :clap:

Stuart
5th-April-2005, 04:43 PM
According to Ceroc London's website, the Tea Dance on the 17th is cancelled (I think its the London Marathon that day). There's one this Sunday.