PDA

View Full Version : Despite the obvious...

CJ
24th-November-2002, 08:44 PM
Did anyone manage to enjoy it last night?

The numbers: space ratio issue notwithstanding, I do hope that people still managed to have a good time, dance to various musical styles, including ceilidh, and maybe even get a dance with some of the best dancers from around the UK.

Wendy
24th-November-2002, 09:01 PM
I don't think anyone will criticise the music CJ and Curtain (my long lost son !!!) played .... another missed opportunity I could've stated in my other post - the chance to dance to great music with great people ! Maybe next time....

:kiss:

Wx

Steven
24th-November-2002, 09:13 PM
I have to say that at the start I thought it was going to be terrible but I did really start to enjoy it towards the end when there was slightly more space on the floor.

Loved the music!!

Cheers
Steven

Cerocfan
24th-November-2002, 09:26 PM
I had a superb time last night.
The music was great - a good contrast of styles & tempos. All comments I heard about the music were very positive indeed.

It was welcoming to see so many familiar faces, but
I also danced with so many new partners whom I had never seen before, & not one of them disappointed me.

I wish I could say the same about the venue/'number of tickets sold' equation. According to the caretaker, they were told to cater for 250, then the organisers came in & removed tables & chairs in the afternoon. I'd heard 350 tickets had been sold. What does this say? As the venue can take up to 500 apparently, we were OK safety-regulations wise, but did anyone get through the night without more bruises than usual? I doubt it. Surely Glasgow could have offered a better venue? Or perhaps too many tickets were sold.

What do others think?

Cerocfan
24th-November-2002, 09:36 PM
Have now just read the other thread which lets me know what others think. I'm glad Franck cares enough to apologise & with such conviction. Next time will obviously be much better, as mistakes can always be learned from.

Curtain
24th-November-2002, 09:59 PM
See? Not dancing has its advantages (no bruises to show for my efforts). I had a fantastic time talking to forum users and mere mortals alike. It was a pleasure working with CJ for the first time (hope it won't be the last) and everyone I talked to were tops!!

I have to say that with the beginner class running over, the band wanting to start bang on time and Franck showing up late for his own birthday surprise, I didn't get to play as long as I liked. I was really in the mood for deejaying on Saturday and there was so much I wanted to play. Oh well, maybe next time. Hopefully my dream will come true and I'll get to play at Hampden one day such was the demand for tickets.

See you all again soon I hope!!

Franck? Have you ever considered setting up a marque? You can fit thousands in some of those things. All you need is land!!

p.s. Thanks for all the drinks guys. Idle hands and all that!!

Heather
24th-November-2002, 10:01 PM
..................but YES, I did enjoy the evening.I was sorry that the venue turned out to be such a disappointment. Yes , it was cramped, and Yes , I have a few bruises to prove it, but I had a really great time. Lovely to see all these men in their kilts ,:wink: :wink: . Wonderful,to put faces to some of the names on the Forum. The dances I did have I thoroughly enjoyed.
I think the people who went determined to enjoy themselves, simply just made the best of a bad situation and had a laugh anyway. I'm sure Franck was as disappointed as any of us, and after all he is the one who is now facing the wrath of Cerocers throughout Scotland. It's hardly likely that Franck intended the overcrowding!!! Lessons can be learned, I'm sure the next Ceroc Event will be MUCH BIGGER and MUCH BETTER.
:cheers:
Heather,
:kiss:

TheTramp
24th-November-2002, 10:15 PM
I danced practically all night, and while it obviously wasn't anything like ideal, I did still have a good time meeting a lot of people that I hadn't met before (and even enjoyed meeting the people that I had met before :) ).

The music was mostly good - just a couple of tracks raised an eyebrow (from one of the Southern Nancy Boys) - but then, I've said that if you can please everyone 80% of the time, you're doing a great job, and that number was easily exceeded in my (ever so 'umble) opinion.

I'm sure that the mistakes will be learnt from!! Next time I come up from these 'ere Southern parts, I'll expect a little more room to really put the Scottish ladies through their paces (and probably to be put through mine)!!

Steve

Gus
24th-November-2002, 10:45 PM
Ok .... this is my honest opinion .... no axe to grind, just giving my view.

Re good things, can't remember the last time that there was so many good dancers floating about (shame no room to dance with them initialy) but as Dave said ... for the last hour managed to get back on the dancefloor (comments re the negative apects of that to be posted in the 'other' thread).

Also took the opportuntity to get to talk to loads of people ... again the traditional Scottish friendliness was there .. even had chance to catch up with young Curatin ... as usual mate, a pleasure to see you.

Re Music, well ... personaly I thought it was a bit of a mixed bag. Got to be honest that I hated CJ's opening set ... did nothing for me (OK ... may well be in a minority on this but...). Thought Curatins set was superb .... even better as the Fates intervened to ensure that the one awefull tracks he tried to play died on the deck ... LET THAT BE A WARNING TO YOU :nice: ). Thought CJ's other set infinitely better than his first, really enjoyed dancing to them, though thought his choice of the last 4 or 5 tracks was 'interesting' ...

Gadget
25th-November-2002, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by Gus
~snip: you've already read it~
See; this is what hapens when you stay away from the forum for a while: Everyone has said everything you wanted to say!!!
Agree with gus's post - all of it for a change :wink:

Some very good dancers (if they weren't, then there would have been a LOT more bruses and complaints.)

Good music; a few excelent tracks... a few more dubeous ones. And the doors jumped! HA! The hex worked! :D:D

{Havn't read the negative thread yet...}

Bill
25th-November-2002, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by Heather
[B I think the people who went determined to enjoy themselves, simply just made the best of a bad situation and had a laugh anyway. I'm sure Franck was as disappointed as any of us, and after all he is the one who is now facing the wrath of Cerocers throughout Scotland. It's hardly likely that Franck intended the overcrowding!!! Lessons can be learned, I'm sure the next Ceroc Event will be MUCH BIGGER and MUCH BETTER.
Heather,
:kiss: [/B]

Yes heather.but....... ( views expressed on other thread ! ;) .... I went along desperate to have a good time ( as usual) but didn't - till the last 40 mins or so - and even then it was difficult !

Not going to repeat myself BUT.... as everyone has said...it was pretty obvious to all of us that the venue was too small so Franck could/should have limited the numbers.

I didn't have a laugh - no fun in watching dancers try and kill each other and I missed dancing with so many great dancers c:sick: :sad:..but at least we managed to grab one :D

Also have to say that at one point I found myself dancing close to Davidb, Lilly, Janey, Keith, Jean, Gus and a few others :sick: ....ever felt like you were dancing in a different league :confused: :sick: I just wanted to stop dancing, watch and applaud at the end. And I forgot my video camera...all those moves, all that wonderful style.... :tears: :rolleyes:

I should just have spent the night down by the stage watching !

Lisa
25th-November-2002, 12:01 PM
Hi!

I think everyone is in agreement that the dancefloor was too crowded on Sat night. Despite this, I still had a great time on Saturday. Thanks to all the guys and girls for the lovely dances. You know who you all are :na:

I really enjoyed dancing the class as a man- comb tastic and the ladies looked great. Have to say that cheeky Sherwin did keep distracting me from my manly prowess! :devil:

Seeing the caberet again was also good fun .....I'm sure that the kilts were flying higher up this time or was that wishful thinking? :eek:

Franck, hope you enjoyed the rest of your birthday. Did you have sweet dreams after your birthday treat? I couldn't see your face but I could tell your reaction was one of a happy man just from the back of your head. I thought the girls were excellent. Heather, what can I say? You 've got it girl! I loved your voice and wig (I want one!)

Also, cheers to CJ and DJ Curtain for some excellent music too. The house rocked. Extra thanks for playing "All that Jazz!"

Lisa x

TheTramp
25th-November-2002, 12:28 PM
Agreed. Thanks for playing that CJ!!

Sorry you had to dance it with me, Lisa! :wink:

Steve

Lisa
25th-November-2002, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp
Agreed. Thanks for playing that CJ!!

Sorry you had to dance it with me, Lisa! :wink:

Steve

Ahem! I'm not sorry. It was a most excellent dance Mr Tramp!

Lisa x

TheTramp
25th-November-2002, 12:37 PM
Mr. Tramp? How formal!!

It was indeed. But then, with you, they always are :grin:

Steve

Lou
25th-November-2002, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by Gus
Re Music, well ... personaly I thought it was a bit of a mixed bag. Got to be honest that I hated CJ's opening set ... did nothing for me (OK ... may well be in a minority on this but...). Thought Curatins set was superb .... even better as the Fates intervened to ensure that the one awefull tracks he tried to play died on the deck ... LET THAT BE A WARNING TO YOU :nice: ). Thought CJ's other set infinitely better than his first, really enjoyed dancing to them, though thought his choice of the last 4 or 5 tracks was 'interesting' ...

I hope you boys are going to post your playlists?!!!!

Sal
25th-November-2002, 03:43 PM
Maybe I just haven't been to enough events to compare, but I had a fantastic time on saturday. Or maybe I was just dancing with men who were considerate enough to keep me safe.

I danced most of the night and felt that although it was crowded, there was a superb atmosphere in the place. I certainly did not get the feeling that people were very unhappy, and was quite shocked to logon this morning and see the depth of feeling.

John S
25th-November-2002, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by Sal

I danced most of the night and felt that although it was crowded, there was a superb atmosphere in the place. I certainly did not get the feeling that people were very unhappy, and was quite shocked to logon this morning and see the depth of feeling.

Sal, I'm glad you had a good time and it's right that you should speak up and say so. You're right too that the overall atmosphere was good and not everyone will have been as upset as some of us who have expressed our views.

A lot of hard work went into the evening by Franck and his team, for which I am grateful, but (speaking only for myself) the venue was just not big enough for the numbers.

But keep on dancing - if you enjoyed Saturday you're sure to enjoy even more some of the other events lined up!

Heather
25th-November-2002, 08:52 PM
........to everyone who helped me organise ' Franck's Birthday Surprise' on Saturday night.
Firstly - to DavidB, who wrote most of the words of 'Pink's ' song.
- Lorna, who supplied the verbal ammunition for the lyrics.
- Sheena, who turned my dining room into a dance studio
last Monday night, and worked out the moves!!!
- Linda and Sheena, who provided the 'backing vocals'
in the chorus.
- Sheena, Linda, Melanie, Mairi, Wendy and Janet -
'The Dancing Girls' !!!!!!
- Ceroc Jock, for lending me his Pink CD, which was used
as a backing track.
- Brady, for acting as a courier to Dundee, with the CD.
and Finally Dave Densley, who put the whole thing on CD for
me.

Heather,
:kiss: :kiss: :kiss:
Ps.Thank God for the 'Private Message' system, which allowed channels of communication between all concerned!!!!:wink: :wink:

Franck
26th-November-2002, 03:00 AM
........to everyone who helped me organise ' Franck's Birthday Surprise' on Saturday night.Heather, you were a star (in all meanings of the word :nice: ).
I can't believe you went to all that trouble, just for my birthday!
The result was spectacular. I honestly was close to tears as you were doing your routine / song (great moves by the way, I might steal them as my favourites). In fact I only started to relax, and had fantastic dances after your special present...
You all looked so sexy and really went for it. Without doubt, one of the best birthday treats I have ever had (apart from a couple of special dances with Barbara :wink: ).
The fact that you all got together, Heather, DavidB, Lorna, Sheena, Linda, Melanie, Mairi, Wendy, Janet, Ceroc Jock, Brady and Dave, from all over Scotland (and the UK), makes it even more special in my eyes.
I am really touched and proud to have such good friends.

Franck.

P.S. The initialled knickers were a nice touch :wink:

Fran
26th-November-2002, 10:37 AM
........to everyone who helped me organise ' Franck's Birthday Surprise' on Saturday night.
Firstly - to DavidB, who wrote most of the words of 'Pink's ' song.
- Lorna, who supplied the verbal ammunition for the lyrics.
-

Is there any chance that the lyrics could be put up as I missed some of them and would love to read them???:nice: :nice:

fran

Ps you were all great! :wink:

Franck
26th-November-2002, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Fran
Is there any chance that the lyrics could be put up as I missed some of them and would love to read them???:nice: :nice: Ahem! :sorry
I was hoping noone would ask that... The lyrics are very, hmmm :sorry personal :nice:

Anyway, no escape now :wink: here they are: (copied from the beautifully framed copy you gave me, you guys really are great :cheers: )

Franck's popping out, so you better get this party started.
Franck's popping out, so you better get this party started.

Get this party started on a Ceroc dance night,
Everybody's waiting for Franck to arrive,
But he's still waiting for his food to be served,
Two lots of starters and a bottle of reserve,
He's got all the toys that a boy could want,
He could 'comb' for hours, if you know what I mean!

Franck's pants are split, so you better get this party started,
Franck's pants are split, so you better get this party started.

Cranking out the moves to that brand new beat,
Forgot what Viktor taught, so it's another 'comb',
Remember when he danced on the tube to Heathrow?
Franck's a star in Norway, as well as Glasgow!
Break out the Champagne, open the corks,
He's getting hungry, where's his main course ?

Franck's popping out, so you better get the needle and thread,
Franck's popping out, so you better get the needle and thread,
Get this party started.

Making his connection as he entes the Forum,
Everybody's Microsoft, Franck's Apple mac.
Pumping out the posts with his new machine,
Everyone's confused, but he don't care.
With his Apple mac, he can work any time,
He don't need Bill Gates, to mess up his life!

Franck's on the Forum, you better keep the chat on topic,
Franck's on the decks, so you better keep your feet in rhythm,
Franck's teaching now, pay attention 'cause the 'combs' are coming,
Franck's celebrating, come and join the party with him.
Get this party started, Get this party started right now.

Basil Brush (Forum Plant)
26th-November-2002, 01:30 PM
great demo on saturday by heather and team.... loved the knickers girls, and wasn't fussed by the spelling error.

Lorna
26th-November-2002, 04:56 PM
Hi all,

I would like to say that despite the overcrowded dancefloor I had a great night. That venue just oozes great ambiance.:grin:

Thankyou to everyone that I danced with. :cheers:

Heather and team, you were all brilliant and Heather you looked stunning in that outfit. You would really suit your hair short and what a voice, definetly a hidden talent there girl!!:wink:

The band were brilliant and the hour that they played was just right. The music was fab, well done CJ and Curtain, I'll expect this sort of standard every tuesday night now.

Franck, you deserve a big hug not to mention a bottle or two of the finest for organising a brilliant evening. Well done. :kiss:

lotsa love Lorna x-x

Heather
26th-November-2002, 11:38 PM
:D :D Do you really think I would allow my backing group to go on stage with a SPELLING ERROR , Basil?? Wash your mouth out!!!!!! :wink: :wink: Luckily, the knickers were inspected before our appearance and the spelling corrected!!!!:wink: :wink:

Heather,
:kiss: :kiss: