PDA

View Full Version : Where did all those women come from?

Andy McGregor
1st-April-2005, 03:21 PM
I've just had a rep comment about the huge number of ladies over at a Ceroc class this week. And my classes have been blessed with high numbers of women this week too. We had our usual number of guys, we just had loads more women. Not that I'm complaining, but some of the ladies might prefer a better balance.

Lynn
1st-April-2005, 03:26 PM
. Not that I'm complaining, but some of the ladies might prefer a better balance.Hope it doesn't go the way of salsa here, about 2 women per man. Strangely, our MJ get togethers are usually equal, sometimes even extra men, but we are a very small group.

El Salsero Gringo
1st-April-2005, 03:29 PM
I've just had a rep comment about the huge number of ladies over at a Ceroc class this week. And my classes have been blessed with high numbers of women this week too. We had our usual number of guys, we just had loads more women. Not that I'm complaining, but some of the ladies might prefer a better balance.They are all running away from the pervs that you don't allow in. And the smokers too, probably.

David Bailey
1st-April-2005, 03:54 PM
Not that I'm complaining, but some of the ladies might prefer a better balance.
Hey, I prefer a better balance too. It's quite scary when you see rows of women lining the outside of the dance floor ready to pounce. Or, in my case, ready to go "Oh hell, I suppose he'll have to do then..." :grin:

Will
1st-April-2005, 04:03 PM
This may not be directly related to what Andy is on about, but anything running on Wednesday would have probably seen a good deal more women than men as Enland were playing Azerbijhan in a World Cup qualifier.

Regards,

The Official Sports Commentator

ducasi
1st-April-2005, 04:06 PM
This may not be directly related to what Andy is on about, but anything running on Wednesday would have probably seen a good deal more women than men as Enland were playing Azerbijhan in a World Cup qualifier. I wouldn't have thought that would have made as much of a difference in Scotland, and we got lots of new women on Wednesday.

I put it down simply to SDF. :nice:

philsmove
1st-April-2005, 04:39 PM
This may not be directly related to what Andy is on about, but anything running on Wednesday would have probably seen a good deal more women than men as Enland were playing Azerbijhan in a World Cup qualifier.

Regards,

The Official Sports Commentator

At one class I attend a big football match can mean a lack of women

No one is sure why, :confused: one theory

The man of the house has gorn out to watch the match :cheers: the lady has to stay at home and baby sit :sad:

Magic Hans
1st-April-2005, 04:57 PM
I've just had a rep comment about the huge number of ladies over at a Ceroc class this week. And my classes have been blessed with high numbers of women this week too. We had our usual number of guys, we just had loads more women. Not that I'm complaining, but some of the ladies might prefer a better balance.

Time of the month I reckon! ... :whistle: ... :eek: ... :blush: ... :flower:

John S
1st-April-2005, 05:04 PM
I put it down simply to SDF. :nice:
We had lots of extra ladies at Perth last night, so I tend to agree with Ducasi.

Mind you, maybe it's just the effect of having Jive Brummie as teacher. :wink:

drathzel
1st-April-2005, 07:32 PM
I think football should be schedules around dancing, not because it would mean more men would come dancing, because it means i could dance and watch the football! :D

philsmove
1st-April-2005, 07:49 PM
come to Bristol all the dance venues have big screen live telly

well it is April the first

drathzel
1st-April-2005, 08:44 PM
come to Bristol all the dance venues have big screen live telly

well it is April the first
:yum:

David Bailey
2nd-April-2005, 12:53 PM
No one is sure why
When I went regularly to Ashtons a while back, they used to have the same situation*. Possibly the men who go dancing don't all conform to the footie-loving stereotype, and there's nothing good on TV when a big match is on. so they go dancing instead? Could also be reverse-expectations - lots of women figure there won't be any men at the vernue, so don't go, and so you end up with not enough women. Or, it could be Martians.

*I was going to say problem, thank goodness I spotted that in time. Err....

drathzel
2nd-April-2005, 01:29 PM
When I went regularly to Ashtons a while back, they used to have the same situation*. Possibly the men who go dancing don't all conform to the footie-loving stereotype, and there's nothing good on TV when a big match is on. so they go dancing instead? Could also be reverse-expectations - lots of women figure there won't be any men at the vernue, so don't go, and so you end up with not enough women. Or, it could be Martians.

*I was going to say problem, thank goodness I spotted that in time. Err....

What about the footie loving women? :D

frodo
2nd-April-2005, 01:48 PM
What about the footie loving women? :D
Or sports loving women.

I've also noticed the effect in different classes.

However I seem to remember the effect of tennis being as would be expected.

Maybe women who dance are more likely to be sports mad than the average.

David Bailey
2nd-April-2005, 09:56 PM
What about the footie loving women?
Never met any :grin: (thank goodness, yuk, hate the sport)

Predicting ratios seems to be a non-trivial exercise. OK, you can usually say there'll be women over in most of the classes, but then they may well all disappear (or, more likely, more men appear) in the freestlyle. You'd almost think it'd be the other way round, but perhaps guys are more arrogant than girls - i.e. don't think they need any lessons past a certain point.

And then, a week after a "lots of ladies over" night, you have "lots of men over". Humans, so disorganised, eh?

stewart38
6th-April-2005, 03:55 PM

No one is sure why, :confused: one theory

The man of the house has gorn out to watch the match :cheers: the lady has to stay at home and baby sit :sad:

Apart from big world cup match that can effect men and women the big match theory never holds up i think re the reverse 'lack of men'

Often attended a class when a big match is on and there has been more men there. Lets see with Chelsea playing tonite what happens around the country

Def seeing a load of new women coming through the doors

MartinHarper
6th-April-2005, 03:59 PM
Perhaps guys are more arrogant than girls - i.e. don't think they need any lessons past a certain point.

My experience is that as classes become more advanced, the proportion of leaders increases, not decreases.

Daisy
6th-April-2005, 05:43 PM
It could have something to do with the fact that it is school holiday time.

This can alter things for a few reasons.

1. Kids don't need to be up early so can stay up late with dad looking after them while mum goes out & enjoyes herself for the evening. :clap:

2. Mum is a single parent and the kids have gone off to stay with dad for a few days......freedom! :clap:

3. The kids are having a sleepover at friends cos it's school hols....a treat. :clap:

4. Who wouldn't want to go out if football is on TV all evening.......especially all those gas bag pundits blathering on about how cr$p we played! :sick:

Whatever the reason I know that the roads are clearer in the mornings without the school run traffic. :whistle:

Clive Long
6th-April-2005, 05:49 PM
<< snip >>
Def seeing a load of new women coming through the doors
Remind me again where it is you dance Stew?
:whistle:
Clive