PDA

View Full Version : Beach Ballroom April 2005

Franck
30th-March-2005, 02:22 PM
The Beach Ballroom is back in just a few weeks, and I have (finally) managed to confirm our guest teachers! :waycool:

Howard and Nicola will be teaching a series of Blues / Latin workshops over the week-end of the 22nd/23rd/24th April.

You can get more info from the Beach Ballroom Page. (http://www.cerocscotland.com/Beach.htm)

Saturday and Sunday workshops:

Saturday 23rd April:
* 11.00am to 1.00pm: Smooth Moves! - New cool Smooth moves to enhance your dancing & freestyle. Teachers: Howard & Nicola.
* 2.00pm to 4.00pm: Seductive Drops. Finish your dances with fabulous drops and seducers! Teachers: Howard & Nicola.

Sunday 24th April:
* 11.00am to 1.00pm: Latin Flavour - Sensual moves with a Latin feel. Teachers: Howard & Nicola.
* 2.00pm to 4.00pm: Total Blues - Total immersion in Blues dancing. Teachers: Howard & Nicola.

Friday, Saturday and Sunday Parties:

Friday 22nd April - 8.00pm to 1.00am: Launching the week-end's festivities. Get your dance shoes on early and catch up with your favourite dancers...

Saturday 23rd April: The best party in the best venue ever! Dancing from 8.00pm 'til 1.00am... Showcase from Howard & Nicola. Venue: Beach Ballroom, Beach Boulevard - Aberdeen.

Sunday 24th April: Chill & Blues night. 8.00pm 'til 1.00am. Mellow music and a Blues class to bring the week-end to a smooth and sexy finish...

All workshops and extra parties will take place at the Station Hotel, 78 Guild Street (opposite the station), Aberdeen - AB11 6GN.

Recommended hotels for long distance visitors are:

• The Station Hotel: - 78 Guild Street (opposite the station), Aberdeen - AB11 6GN. Telephone: 01224 - 587 214.
- Handy if you're doing the full week-end.

• The Patio Hotel: Beach Boulevard, Aberdeen. Telephone: 01224 - 633 339.
- Round the corner from the Beach Ballroom, top quality hotel with swimming pool... Special Week-end rate: £32.50 B&B per person (min. 2 people sharing)

Aleks
30th-March-2005, 03:08 PM
BUM! Azande and I will be in Italy that weekend, celebrating his niece's christening....hope everyone has a great time.

one o'clock gun
30th-March-2005, 03:37 PM
The Beach Ballroom is back in just a few weeks, and I have (finally) managed to confirm our guest teachers! :waycool:

Saturday 23rd March:
* 11.00am to 1.00pm: Smooth Moves! - New cool Smooth moves to enhance your dancing & freestyle. Teachers: Howard & Nicola.
* 2.00pm to 4.00pm: Seductive Drops. Finish your dances with fabulous drops and seducers! Teachers: Howard & Nicola.

Sunday 6th February:
* 11.00am to 1.00pm: Latin Flavour - Sensual moves with a Latin feel. Teachers: Howard & Nicola.
* 2.00pm to 4.00pm: Total Blues - Total immersion in Blues dancing. Teachers: Howard & Nicola.

Friday 22nd March - 8.00pm to 1.00am: Launching the week-end's festivities. Get your dance shoes on early and catch up with your favourite dancers...

Saturday 23rd March: The best party in the best venue ever! Dancing from 8.00pm 'til 1.00am... Showcase from Howard & Nicola. Venue: Beach Ballroom, Beach Boulevard - Aberdeen.

Sunday 24th March: Chill & Blues night. 8.00pm 'til 1.00am. Mellow music and a Blues class to bring the week-end to a smooth and sexy finish...

Would it not be better to hold the classes on the same weekend in April ? :blush: :blush:

azande
30th-March-2005, 03:49 PM
Would it not be better to hold the classes on the same weekend in April ? :blush: :blush:

:devil: Cut and paste, Franck? :devil:

Edit: the main page as well :wink:

Franck
30th-March-2005, 03:57 PM
Would it not be better to hold the classes on the same weekend in April ? :blush: :blush:Aaaargh... I definitely need a proof-reader :D

:devil: Cut and paste, Franck? :devil:

Edit: the main page as well :wink:Oddly enough it wasn't (just) cut-and-paste, my brain had also fused and mixed up several events!

Thanks for the heads-up and I have now amended all 3 pages... :cheers:

Franck
30th-March-2005, 04:01 PM
Recommended hotels for long distance visitors are:

• The Station Hotel: - 78 Guild Street (opposite the station), Aberdeen - AB11 6GN. Telephone: 01224 - 587 214.
- Handy if you're doing the full week-end.Just spoke to the Station Hotel and they can offer a rate of £55.00 per room if you mention you're attending the Ceroc event!

John S
30th-March-2005, 04:35 PM
Somehow, I don't think my daughter will move her wedding date from 23 April, or even move the venue to Aberdeen to allow me to go to the Beach Ballroom.

Oh, the thoughtlessness of children. :sad:

El Salsero Gringo
30th-March-2005, 05:25 PM
The Beach Ballroom is back in just a few weeks ...

Franck! This is blatant advertising! What *is* this forum coming to, these days?

(OK, don't give me bad rep... that was a joke. Honestly....)

Little Monkey
30th-March-2005, 06:19 PM
Somehow, I don't think my daughter will move her wedding date from 23 April, or even move the venue to Aberdeen to allow me to go to the Beach Ballroom.

Oh, the thoughtlessness of children. :sad:

Tsk, tsk. She should know better. Shocking lack of respect for her father. :rolleyes:

Fortunately I have no children, and as far as I know, my dog is not planning to get married or otherwise stop me from dancing. So if my back can just get a tad better (managed 2 hours at work today, before crawling home), I WILL BE THERE!!!!!!!! :clap:

LM

skippy
30th-March-2005, 06:32 PM
Hope to make the Friday night but unfortunately I wont be able to manage the rest due my husband playing in a rugby tournament and don't think he would forgive me if I didn't go and watch him.
Plus all the those guys in lycra!!!!!!!!!! :blush: :blush:

PS it also my birthday on the Monday !!! :D :D
Frank I will expect a dance!!!! :wink:

Gadget
30th-March-2005, 10:05 PM
Howard & Nicola, current UK Blues Champions
Anyone got any links where I can read up on them?

Tiggerbabe
30th-March-2005, 10:39 PM
try this one (http://www.bluesbug.co.uk) :flower:

Heather
31st-March-2005, 08:06 AM
Aaaargh... my brain had also fused

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I knew that years ago!!!!! :rofl: :rofl:
You've been MAd for a long time now Franck!!!
:hug: :kiss:
Heather,
XX

drathzel
31st-March-2005, 01:03 PM
I will be in N.ireland that weekend:tears: however so will Lynn and she is organising for Marc and Rachel to do a few workshops over there so it will be a sycronised dance event! woo hoo! :hug:

johnthehappyguy
3rd-April-2005, 12:53 AM
I have booked a twin en-suite room, for Friday and Saturday nights, but person I was going to be sharing with has dropped out, so room-mate wanted.

Station hotel, so it is very convenient.

Cost is only £25 per night - full breakfast included.

If you were thinking of booking a single room, they are £40 per night, so this alternative would be a £30 saving for you.

PM me if interested.

thanks,
johnthehappyguy :nice:

Whitebeard
4th-April-2005, 12:07 AM
try this one (http://www.bluesbug.co.uk) :flower:
That didn't open any doors for me. Try http://www.bluesbug.co.uk/centralsection.htm

johnthehappyguy
19th-April-2005, 10:24 AM
I have booked a twin en-suite room, for Friday and Saturday nights, but person I was going to be sharing with has dropped out, so room-mate wanted.

Station hotel, so it is very convenient.

Cost is only £25 per night - full breakfast included.

If you were thinking of booking a single room, they are £40 per night, so this alternative would be a £30 saving for you.

PM me if interested.

thanks,
johnthehappyguy :nice:

Was fixed up, but the person has now dropped out !

So once again, anyone interested ?

Apparently the Sation Hotel have no singles left.

thanks

john :nice:

Tiggerbabe
25th-April-2005, 08:07 AM
Well done Franck - another fab weekend in Aberdeen. :hug:

Great format again! Thoroughly enjoyed the Friday party with Mr Pauly's cool toons :D

Learned some cool moves on Saturday and had a FAB time dj-ing at the party in the Beach Ballroom itself. No apologies to the man whose request I wouldn't play :eek: (he asked for the Macarena - thought it would be a bit of a laugh) although I'm glad he was happy with my alternative choice (Dakota by the Stereophonics :D )

Fab showcase from Howard and Nicola :clap:

and lovely to see Phil and Nick, who'd come all the way from Devon for the weekend :kiss:
Managed to fit in a few dances (ain't laptops wonderful :wink: ) too!

The Beach Ballroom is such a wonderful venue :drool: :drool:
Huge thanks to all the staff there too, they're brill :worthy:

Lovely Latin routine in Sunday morning's workshop and smoother( less energetic!) blues in the afternoon, which was perfect :wink:

Wish I could have stayed for the Sunday night party :sad: hopefully next time *fingers crossed*

Roll on June!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Piglet
25th-April-2005, 08:33 AM
Well done Franck - another fab weekend in Aberdeen. :hug:

:yeah: Second all of Sheena's comments!

Totally fabulous weekend - every night a winner! And I even stayed to the end on Saturday and Sunday night so it must've been good.

Really enjoyed Howard and Nicola's workshops - ain't those guys entertaining as well as wonderful dancers?!!

Special thanks to Steve for all the lovely tracks last night - especially that one he told me the name of twice and I still have no clue what it's called (but maybe he'll play it again on Tuesday - pretty please)

Thanks to all the lovely, scrummy dancers that I had the pleasure to spend even a few minutes with at some point over this weekend. This Piglet is smiling big time :hug: :kiss:

Vonney
25th-April-2005, 10:26 AM
Just wanted to add to the praise list for the Beach Ballroom weekend. Am absolutely buzzing today after 3 fantastic nights dancing with some amazing music from each of the DJ's. :D

Won't mention too many names as I would always forget someone but thanks to all the guys (& girls) I got great dances with this weekend. Special commendation to Nick & Phil who had travelled from Devon to party with us with whom I had the most amazingly dreamy dances.
Thanks also to Trampy for great 'normal' and Double Trouble dances.

Sure that there is plenty that i've missed out but lack of sleep is having a reasonably debilitating effect on my brain this morning! :what:

Vonney x x

cheeks
25th-April-2005, 11:20 AM
I only managed to make it on Sunday this time but had a great time wish I had been there for Friday and Sat heard the music was great as always and Howard and Nicola's showcase was awesome.... :clap:

So many fab dances in one day yum: as always,hugs to tiggerbabe for my first dance of the day(not bad in those heels huh... :wink: ) and what can i say huge thanks to Nick and Phil for so many fantastic dances and great fun..... :drool:

Huge hugs to the tramp for insisting I travelled up on the Sunday,great music,fab dances and for making sure I got back to Dundee safe and sound...... :hug:

Also well done Franck for yet again another superb event! :clap:

Cheeks :flower:

Aka:Big Puppies ...still debating the change Franck.... :wink:

Dave Hancock
25th-April-2005, 03:04 PM
Although I was only there on the Saturday night I'd just like to say huge thank you to Sheena for the absolutely fantastic job that she did on the night with the tunes. Couldn't believe it when someone said it was quarter to one as I thought (and hoped) that there was still a couple of hours left!! The night absolutely flew in and a special thanks to all the ladies (and boys) who let me have the pleasure of 3 minutes of their time.

As always wonderful to see so many friends from accross Scotland in Aberdeen and a big up to Franck for organising another superb event :cheers:

Kay
25th-April-2005, 03:57 PM
Ditto to the above. Another great weekend - thanks Franck and everyone else involved in organising it. :worthy: Thanks also to Howard and Nicola for some fabulous workshops especially the latin and blues yesterday - AWESOME! :waycool:
Loved your showcase guys :clap:and the repartie over the weekend. Thanks to everyone that danced with me - roll on June!
Kay.

David Chu
25th-April-2005, 09:11 PM
It is always a pleasure dancing at the Beach Ballroom.

Just wanted to say thanks...well done to all the organisers and all everyone who worked on the evening.

Sheena.....you did real good!!!

Thanks for all the lovely dances.

Cheers

David

PS: Bill.....WOW!....I knew you would be fab to dance with....thanks.

LindaN
26th-April-2005, 01:23 PM
It is always a pleasure dancing at the Beach Ballroom.

PS: Bill.....WOW!....I knew you would be fab to dance with....thanks.

Now you know how us ladies feel! But we call it something other than WOW! :wink: :grin:

animaltalk
26th-April-2005, 06:09 PM
Nick

Replying on behalf of Phil as well. Just wanted so say thank you for the very kind comments. We had a fantastic time and everyone was incredibly welcoming. We would love to see you down here for fun and frolics, accommodation and dance partners provided.

We will be back up again, as soon as possible - I can't believe it's taken me three years to come up.
I must say - Aberdeen is lovely and totally threw my preconceptions out the window.
Thank you again to all the wonderful ladies (too many to mention), who wanted to play . . .

Nick

Little Monkey
26th-April-2005, 07:04 PM
a special thanks to all the ladies (and boys) who let me have the pleasure of 3 minutes of their time.

You can have 3 minutes of my time anytime!! :D :wink:

Also thanks to all the other lovely guys I danced with, Tiggerbabe for the fab bloosey music :drool: , Franck for arranging it all, and Jennifer for giving me a lift.

Was a wee bit disappointed for a while at the lack of men, particularly when certain gentlemen started dancing with each other instead of the ladies :tears: (highly entertaining to watch, though!), but then decided to start pouncing on men as soon as they looked like they were leaving the floor....... Poor guys.... Attack by the Little Monkey.... Scary.... Anyway, I had a fab time! :cheers:

Monkey

Howard
26th-April-2005, 10:05 PM
Just wanted to say a huge thanks to everyone for making us feel so welcome - what a weekend!
Thanks to Frank for inviting us, Phil for my new name, 'The Pole' Although I will let the girls in London decide how I got it!.
Sheena, you're a star, Creeking Legs, The Lady with the horse, Gadget, Kay, Cheeks, Lisa (thanks for the amazing dances), best of luck to Tramps in Australia.
The saturday night was special, what a venue and great music of course from Sheena
Thank you also for your very kind comments.
We had such a great time and feel we have made some new friends.
Oh, and just in case anyone is wondering, I had absolutely no sleep last night :devil:
Howard (& Nicola)

Tiggerbabe
26th-April-2005, 11:19 PM
:hug: Welcome to the forum :D

Gadget
27th-April-2005, 01:50 AM
Great weekend's dancing :D
Thank you to Howard and Nicola - especially Nicola for the couple of dances I managed to steal :D

So many lovley ladies in so many lovley dresses and outfits {:drool:}... If I didn't dance with anyone, it was not for the lack of trying - a big :hug: and :flower: to everyone I did dance with. Cool floor :cool:, cool tunes :cool:, cool moves :cool:, cool dances :cool:, cool showcase :cool:, hot and sticky Gadget :blush:

A special :worthy: to Phil and his dancing to the last track of Sunday.