PDA

View Full Version : 10th Anniversary Dances

TheTramp
24th-November-2002, 05:14 PM
Hiya all....

So then. Opportunity to talk about all the people you danced with!

So, here goes for me. Thank you to the following people for stopping me sitting alone in my usual corner all night. Apologies in advance to the people I miss. I met lots of people for the first time last night, and I didn't really manage to keep up with all the names. I'll work on it for next time. If you'll have me back again!!

Heather (I have to say her first (a) Cos, like the rest of you, I'm scared of her, and (b) Cos she's one of the only other two people currently online, watching me!!)

Denise, who I hope wasn't shaking too much

Filthycute (Damn, meant to ask if that comes from the song lyric, 'You're filthycute and baby you you know it'.

Laura. Nice bluesy dance. Just booked my ticket for the 6th. See you there!

Fran. Lovely as always. Gorgeous too. What else can I say?

Sheena, Janet, Wendy, Lorna. Lovely dances ladies. I promise to be better by the next time I see you all.

DavidB, DreadfuoScathe and Ceroc Jock. Ummmm. I'm not saying anything here!!

And of course, Lisa. Who I'd travel 410.8 miles (657.3 kilometres) to dance with anytime I possibly could. And probably many more too. Wonder how far it is to Aberdeen....

Steve

Heather
24th-November-2002, 07:35 PM
:D :D Thanks to everyone I had the pleasure of dancing with at the 10th Anniversary dance last night!!
The Tramp - I'll mention you first, as you mentioned me!!!Nice to meet you and the next time we dance I hope we have more room. ( And I don't believe for one minute you were scared of me - I have noted that you can actually spell quite well, so you don't have much to worry about!!)
'The Lovely Bill'- As always, a wonderful bluesy dance, giving me a chance to try out the 'up close and personal ' moves from the Gorgeous Gus workshop. Well actually, we didn't have any option but to get close, did we???? LOL
'The Lovely Roy' - WELL, what can I say!!! Lovely in all respects and looking Soooooo handsome in his kilt!! :yum: :yum: :wink:
Robert, AKA Ceroc Jock - First time I've danced with you, but definitely another next time the MAd crew are in Glasgow!!!
Franck - The Birthday Boy!!! Great dance as ever Franck, just love dancing with you!!
Craig - AKA Gorgeous Gus to Forum members, tried to get near you all night, and finally managed as Ceroc Jock played his last record. Looking forward to the next time. (Dundee Christmas Party 6th December ????)
Last but definitely NOT least , 'The Lovely Brady' - my first choice for a dance any night!!!
Any one else I danced with and didn't mention, thanks to you all. Sadly I didn't get a lot of dancing done - always seemed to be off somewhere or other, changing my outfit!!!!!!!:wink: :wink:

:cheers:
Heather
:kiss:

Emma
24th-November-2002, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by Heather

'The Lovely Roy' - WELL, what can I say!!! Lovely in all respects and looking Soooooo handsome in his kilt!! :yum: :yum: :wink:

Who IS this man? Is it worth travelling to Scotland for the pleasure? It's beginning to sound that way....

Fran
24th-November-2002, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by Emma

Who IS this man? Is it worth travelling to Scotland for the pleasure? It's beginning to sound that way....

well Emma, Roy is a real gent, a lovely person - wonderful lead and make you feel like you are gliding on the dance floor! and yes, along with the other lovely dancers we have up here - it's worth a vist, but hopefully in less chaotic dance floors than last night.

be very nice to see you.

fran:nice:

John S
24th-November-2002, 08:14 PM

All I can say, Emma, is that not only were most of the women drooling over him, there were also a good few men being unusually complimentary!:yum:

Lots of cheap flights to/from Scotland on the web just now - what have you got to lose? (Don't answer that!):wink:

Tiggerbabe
24th-November-2002, 08:32 PM
)

Think - Jean Luc Piquard (sp? not a trekkie, sorry!) only chunkier and in full highland attire :yum: :yum: :yum: definitely the most handsome man there - with the possible exception of our very own CJ:waycool: Plus they can both dance.............:D
and they are lovely guys too.

(Was that ok boys? I think she's falling for it now)
:wink: :wink:

Gus
24th-November-2002, 10:34 PM

well for obvious reasons I won't comment on his suave good looks ... but I will say that last year we had the plesaure of Roy's occaisioanl attendance at our Nantwich venue. He's a charming guy, extremely friendly and a great dancer ... a real credit to Scottish Ceroc .... so you can make your own mind up.

Wendy
24th-November-2002, 11:32 PM
Just to make it official - Roy has been awarded the BTC kitemark.

Wx

Tiggerbabe
24th-November-2002, 11:46 PM
:D :D

Hurrah!

:yum:

Fran
24th-November-2002, 11:54 PM
just like to say that it was lovely to meet lilly and David and thankyou david for a very fabby dance. :nice: It was so nice to put the faces to the names at last.

thankyou as always Keith, it was great that you and janey made it up - see you soon - before blackpool.

ps remember the thought about having a blues room at blackpool Keith (please, please, please)....even for a little while - just a thought thats all:wink:

Heather
24th-November-2002, 11:56 PM
:D :D
Hurrah again!!!!!!:wink:
Heather
:kiss: :kiss:

Stuart M
25th-November-2002, 12:24 AM
Just relaying a message from Jayne - she ainÕt been too well recently, and is currently away being pampered by her parents down south. However, the lack of an internet connection may hamper her recovery somewhat... :wink:

Anyway, the message is a big THANK YOU to all the guys she had great dances with on Saturday! :grin:

Likewise, thanks from me to the ladies - I must have enjoyed myself somehow, I was totally knackered by half past one...

Gus
25th-November-2002, 12:37 AM
Back to Thread ...

Really enjoyed the dances I managed to fight for ......

Had great fun with your great teachers ... never managed to find Lisa but had some great fun with Mari and Elaine. The dance with Lorna was awesome ... what are you on girl???

Usual great dance with FC, and Jane M was VERY good when she'd UCP with me ...:grin:

There were another two lasses I danced with who were really nice but I'm embarresed to sya forgotten your names ..:sorry :sorry

Heather ... thanks kid ... great blast.

Special thanks to Ali (? Aberdeen?) ... a very stylish dancer, very elegant ... makes the guy feel good on the dancefloor ... what more can you ask for.:yum:

Ohh ... and nearly goes without saying .... Fran ... who is worth a 5 hour drive just to enjoy dancing with .... big fan :nice:

Gadget
25th-November-2002, 01:14 AM
I would like to thank everyone I did manage to dance with, and apologise to them for a slightly{?} more constrained dance than I would normally.
(Especially the young lady that I ended up very close 'blues-ing' with and we still managed to get jostled - I couldn't have made us any smaller on the dance floor!}
I would also like to apologise to anyone that was looking to dance with me, but didn't: I only missed one song {with the exclusion of a couple of the ceilidh dances} and never danced with the same person twice.
Thank you, one and all for making what could have been a disastrous night into an enjoyable experience.

Dreadful Scathe
25th-November-2002, 11:16 AM
Had great dances with Laura, Elsie, Jayne, Susan and quite a few with people I don't know the names of. I think I was intimidated by LilyB - sorry about that Im normally better honest :). Missed dances with Lisa, FilthyCute, Fran and sorry Sheena for suggesting you snubbed me, you looked mortified - bad choice of words I just meant I hadnt seen you all night to ask. sorry!
oh i also wanted to dance and did dance with more people who ive not mentioned - sorry for my bad memory!

Thanks to theTramp, we had a lot of room (strange how people get out of the way sometimes) but i still didnt try a seducer.....

Oh and no thanks to the rude guy who reacted to his lack of space by pushing my partner firmly in the back till she got out of his way - yeah we're all short of space pal!

Gadget
25th-November-2002, 11:26 AM
While I was dishing out thanks for some great dances, I forgot to compliment the ladies on their attire; some stunning dresses and some stunning body's filling them ;) Pity the dance floor was too crowded to fully appreciate them :innocent::D

Fran
25th-November-2002, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Gadget
While I was dishing out thanks for some great dances, I forgot to compliment the ladies on their attire; some stunning dresses and some stunning body's filling them ;) D

well, I am sure the ladies will agree that you guys looked soooooooo handsome all dressed up and we can most definatley return the compliment.:devil: :yum:

LilyB
25th-November-2002, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
...... I think I was intimidated by LilyB .....What!!!??? Why??? I'm hurt :tears: :tears: :tears: Or was that because of the killer looks I was giving quite a few people around us during our dance? I'm afraid I was a mite upset at so many men behaving in such ungentlemanly fashion. I am only small (5'2") - surely it is a rule of civilised society that gentlemen do not hit those smaller than themselves? Alas, that seems not to be the case on Saturday...........

I really must apologise, DS - grovel, grovel - I do not like giving my partners the impression that I was not enjoying dancing with them.:sorry :sad: I was very pleased to have had the chance to dance with you. We definitely must do it again, so get yourself down to London, my good man!

I missed out on dancing with Gadget, but he certainly didn't miss out on anything - such is the demand for that man's services!:wink: Same goes for Gus, but he knows I'll nail him one day - I know where he goes dancing!:devil:

Acknowledgement also due to the superlative Keith of C2D - I could have danced all night, as the song goes, but we did get in the last two dances of the evening, so I'll have to be content with that!

LilyB

Tiggerbabe
25th-November-2002, 08:30 PM
This will be a short list as unfortunately I didn't seem to get much dancing done until about 12.30am. However the dances I had then more than made up for it:yum: :yum:

Mike from Newcastle - first dance of the night and a superb "Ice Man" demo - (you know what I mean Gus? :wink: )
A fab ceilidh dance with Keith from C2D even if he did take a little bit of persuading:wink:
An absolutely brilliant dance with Brady - using a lot of the moves we learned in Gus and Helen's workshops - it was a blast!
Alex - "All that Jazz" - wow!
Steven from Dundee (not the dancing penguin - the other one!) who loves doing drops usually but was very restrained and didn't do any - well done - we had a great time.
Rob - smooth as ever!

A WCS dance with David B - it was fantastic - I spent quite a while just watching you and Lily dance, I've got a long, long, long way to go but I really enjoyed myself, you're a brilliant lead and very stylish.

Niall - what can I say? Nearly fainted when he suggested "The Chair" - and then realised he was only joking - what a smile!:D
Another great dance - from Stuart M - the first of many I hope.
The Tramp - we managed to get a spot at the edge of the floor and seemed to have a whole lot of space just for us - some great moves that I've never seen before - it was a lot of fun:wink:
The last dance from BTC - the lovely Roy - wow!wow!wow!

Sooo many people I didn't get the chance to dance with including lots of people through from Dundee and Aberdeen - no Bill, no Gadget:sorry no Steven, John S or Colin:sorry no Graham, James, Gus, Keith's friend with the fab trousers( name of supplier please!) No DS - I would never snub anyone intentionally but especially not you:tears: 3 second dance with Franck and there were so many other people whom I would have loved to dance with but just ran out of time.

Special mention to Janey's fabulous furry bra-top - think Niall lost the plot when he noticed that (6 yoyo's in a row!:wink: ). Gus you looked great in your kilt and Helen looked soo elegant. Dennis from Aberdeen too - thought your troos were brill!

Better stop or Val will give me a row again for being gushy:reallymad

But have to mention Sandy's new top - all those red fringes - fantastic - "Planet" here I come!:yum:

Tiggerbabe
25th-November-2002, 08:34 PM
To my fellow slappers!

Janet, Mhari, Wendy, FC, Linda and Heather!

What a laugh - go girls!!!:waycool:

John S
25th-November-2002, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by Sheena
To my fellow slappers!

Janet, Mhari, Wendy, FC, Linda and Heather!

What a laugh - go girls!!!:waycool:

You've got until 19 July next year to practice for me - nah, don't bother - the same routine will do fine. (Or maybe I could be like the Queen and have a second birthday before then, though!)

And BEFORE Heather says it, "In my dreams ....."

Brilliant, though, and I'm really shocked that Heather let the spelling mistake slip through.

Tiggerbabe
25th-November-2002, 11:03 PM
Mairi, Mairi, Mairi, Mairi, Mairi, Mairi, Mairi, Mairi, Mairi, Mairi, Mairi

:sorry :sorry :sorry :sorry :sorry :sorry :sorry :sorry :sorry :sorry

Heather
25th-November-2002, 11:43 PM
:D :D You'll never spell her name incorrectly again now, will you Sheena ?????:wink: :wink:
Heather,
:kiss: :kiss:

Gus
26th-November-2002, 11:36 AM
Not wishing to sound like a pervert (:sorry ) but are there any photos of FRANCK spelt on those fine bottoms :yum: :yum: :yum:

I think it would make a great shot for promotional material or even Ceroc Scotland Xmas cards ...... come on girls there are so many opportunties ... next time use the same routine to spell CEROC! at the next busk ... I'm sure that would attract more male members (ooeeer ... was that a pun???):wink:

Fran
26th-November-2002, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Gus
next time use the same routine to spell CEROC! at the next busk ... I'm sure that would attract more male members (ooeeer ... was that a pun???):wink:

well it might raise an interest!:sorry

franx

Dreadful Scathe
26th-November-2002, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Gus

I think it would make a great shot for promotional material or even Ceroc Scotland Xmas cards ...... come on girls there are so many opportunties ... next time use the same routine to spell CEROC! at the next busk ... I'm sure that would attract more male members (ooeeer ... was that a pun???):wink:

Dunno why, but it struck me as a funny idea - if only theyd written SPANCK on them instead :). hmm

er...geddit ? :)

TheTramp
26th-November-2002, 11:47 AM
Oo-er missus.

Although, the idea for ceroc Scotland Christmas cards is a great idea!! Put me down for a packet :)

Steve

Gus
26th-November-2002, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe

Dunno why, but it struck me as a funny idea - if only theyd written SPANCK on them instead :). hmm

er...geddit ? :)
Methinks the Ceroc S&M subgroup is about to be officialy launched...... hold on, sounds like fun:grin:

So Sheena et al ..... how about a reprise?

(Must resist temptation to continue members rising pun)

Fran
26th-November-2002, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Gus
(Must resist temptation to continue members rising pun)

your will power is to be commended!!!
fran:kiss:

Lorna
26th-November-2002, 05:14 PM
Hi all,

Wow where do you start?

The Tramp, only had the one but it was fab. What a seducer/drop! (unsure, it was executed so fast yet so gracefully.)
Loved it, when you coming to Aberdeen?

James, as ever, had a great dance and looking forward to seeing the photo that Denise took of that seducer. Thank you.

Herbie, (teaches in Clapham). I took you for a Scottish whirl and had a great time. Didn't get a 'ceroc' dance with you but will definetly make up for it next time we meet.

Gus, of course, loved the kilt!!:na: fwarghhhhh!!!! Had a great dance, I don't need to 'be on ' anything when I dance with you. Such style, and we would love to see you in Aberdeen again.

Bill, dancing with you just gets better and better, despite me tripping over my plates of meat, sorry!!:wink:

DavidB, we finally meet and can I say the wait was worthwhile. Thank you for the dance, looking forward to seeing you again.

Tim, my fiance, you haven't danced for ages due to babysitting duties (in overload.) Thankyou it was lovely to dance with you again especially after having experienced Gus's workshop in the afternoon, sexy sexy :kiss:

Ron, what an excellent scottish dancer and those airkisses! What can I say! Thankyou.

Hope I haven't missed anyone out, sorry if I have and sorry if I didn't get a dance with you. I seemed to be spending a long time organising Franck's b/day card which kept disappearing.

When's the next big party Franck?

lotsa love Lorna x-x

Gadget
26th-November-2002, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by LilyB
I missed out on dancing with Gadget, but he certainly didn't miss out on anything - such is the demand for that man's services!:wink:
{:sorry missed this post first time}
I'm flattered, but afraid that with so many excelent dancers I was simply out-classed. Next time.

TheTramp
27th-November-2002, 01:51 AM
Loved it, when you coming to Aberdeen?
Soon. I appear to have an invite there from someone else too. So as soon as can be arranged methinks :)

Can't make the Christmas party on the 20th Dec - which is a shame, as it's the day after my birthday, so would have been a double celebration. But hopefully before many moons have passed.

I think that dancing with you (Lorna) when there's some room, might be rather good fun!

Steve

PS. Don't remember the drop/seducer sorry. Just have to try a couple more out to find out what I did....!!

Lorna
27th-November-2002, 04:41 PM
PS. Don't remember the drop/seducer sorry. Just have to try a couple more out to find out what I did....!! [/B][/QUOTE]

OOhh, yes please and sooner rather than later would be even better. :cheers:

lotsa love Lorna x-x

TheTramp
27th-November-2002, 04:52 PM
Of course, you'd be more than welcome to come down here anytime.

They're all much better than me down here. I'm sure you'd have a great time!! (Although, obviously I wouldn't be dancing with you at any ceroc venues in Central London!!)

Steve

Lorna
27th-November-2002, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by The Tramp
They're all much better than me down here. I'm sure you'd have a great time!! (Although, obviously I wouldn't be dancing with you at any ceroc venues in Central London!!)
First of all, I find this hard to believe.

Secondly, yes I'd heard something about this. What's that all about? We all think you're great!

I wish I could get down more often but with a six month old baby and a lack of money since quiting my job to be a full time mummy, it's not as easy as it used to be. Where do you dance? Will be down in the Birmingham region over New Year but unsure as to how many evening passes I can attain.

lotsa love Lorna x-x

TheTramp
28th-November-2002, 01:08 AM
Awww :sorry Thank you. That's the nicest thing anyone's said about me in forever. :sorry

Where do I dance? Well. This week, Glasgow, Guildford, Brighton (Teaching), Charlton, Fleet (in Hampshire - DJing) and probably Crawley on Friday (unless I die of exhaustion en route). So, I do get around a bit!!

Birmingham at New Year sounds like a possibility. Not really thought about plans for then. I've not danced there yet - closest I've been is Bristol, Cheltenham and Nantwich. Let me have more details please - although, I've already got tickets for a dance in St. Albans on the Saturday (28th). It'd be nice to get a dance with you, and also with Della if she's going there.

Look forward to the next time....

Steve