PDA

View Full Version : Music "styles" and outfits

Chicklet
27th-March-2005, 11:29 AM
Prompted by MartinH's "style" thread ..... mostly for girls probably but guys thought very valid too :grin:

Went to my first Ceroc party for months last night in my traditional outfit style of BIG skirt, petticoat and pearls :waycool: ....and could NOT do justice to Kylie (or anything "charty").....the outfit just didn't lend itself to smoothness and body rolling and funky.

Now admittedly my "funky" is limited :rofl: , but there's a bit there deep down and it just doesn't come out in the 50s outfit...does anyone else find that their "style" :wink: of outfit of a night dictates which tracks they dance best to?

Lynn
27th-March-2005, 02:07 PM
does anyone else find that their "style" :wink: of outfit of a night dictates which tracks they dance best to? Interesting - what I wear does affect my attitude, but haven't thought about style of clothes for style of dancing... having said that I do tend to be rather boring, black trousers (cos I buy these black really comfy stretchy flared trousers in New Look teenage range every sale for about £4!) and sparkly top. No particular 'style' :tears:

I'll have to think about that one...

Julie G
27th-March-2005, 02:15 PM
I'm a black pants and sparkly top myself too Lynn!
I don't find my outfit influences how I dance, but my shoes do. Wearing jazz sneakers/shoes makes me use a much more funky style that doesn't quite happen so well in heels. And vice versa - hard to be elegant in shoes that are good to bounce around in.

Lynn
27th-March-2005, 02:23 PM
I don't find my outfit influences how I dance, but my shoes do. Wearing jazz sneakers/shoes makes me use a much more funky style that doesn't quite happen so well in heels. And vice versa - hard to be elegant in shoes that are good to bounce around in. :yeah: The shoes do make a difference in style with me too. (Yet another good reason to have several pairs of dance shoes! Not that I need reasons...)

Lou
27th-March-2005, 06:23 PM
Yup - totally agree with the clothes & the shoes thing. :whistle:

Also - I normally wear trousers to a class, because it feels so weird if I end up dancing lead in a skirt.