PDA

View Full Version : Dundee Party

Tiggerbabe
20th-January-2002, 10:21 PM
Hi there Franck,

Have just been having a little look at the calendar and am disappointed to see that the date of the Dundee party has not yet been entered.

If anyone is interested , Friday 1st February in "Ollies", Olympia Leisure Centre, Dundee.

Hope the Aberdeen party went well, 'fraid I couldn't make it this weekend as I was learning to cha, cha. See you at the next one hopefully.

Sheena

Franck
20th-January-2002, 10:33 PM
Hi Sheena,

I have not really started using the calendar properly. I just tried out a couple of dates to see how it worked. My plan is to soon include all major events in it, and of course Dundee parties will be there too.

I was not in Aberdeen either, there was a birthday party in Glasgow. I look forward to seeing you at the next one (roses and chocolates !?). Is there a theme for the Dundee party?

Franck.

filthycute
21st-January-2002, 09:04 PM
Intresting theme for the Aberdeen dance.....although i may sound DUMB......(not really hard for me though!:p ) it confused me a little:confused:

Any chance someone could bring me up to speed as to what is appropriate dress for a "Roses & Chocolates" night?

BTW....has anyone had a Pjama party yet?.....could be kinda

f u n k y ! ;) lol

filthycute x x

Tiggerbabe
21st-January-2002, 11:08 PM
ok Franck, I'll let you off this time! :) It would be nice to see you at one of the Dundee parties though.

Re the roses and chocolates night, I'm sure all of the girls have something flowery to wear and a lot of the guys do impressions of the Milk Tray man on a normal ceroc night so we should be ok. ( I mean they arrive dressed totally in black, NOT that they go jumping off of cliffs!)

I actually thought roses and chocolates were the same thing - the only roses in this house are usually in a blue box!!!!!!!!:( Not that they stay there for very long..............

Is that you John Simpson - newest member? About time too - now where's Kenny got to?:confused:

Franck
22nd-January-2002, 01:03 AM
Thanks Sheena :o

So far, 2 brilliant ideas for themed parties (Mr Men / Little Miss + Pyjama party). Keep up the good work :)
Re. the theme in Aberdeen, it is close enough to Valentines' day, so I thought Roses and chocolates would be perfect for a romantic evening... :rolleyes:

The idea is not necessarily to dress up, but you can accessorize, or simply be creative and use your imagination, as Sheena says, the Cadbury's Milk Tray Man is a good example of lateral thinking :cool:

Do not let it put you off, though, I am aiming to provide and maybe even eat most of the chocolates :D ;)

Keep on chattin',

Franck.

Franck
28th-January-2002, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Sheena
ok Franck, I'll let you off this time! :) It would be nice to see you at one of the Dundee parties though. Well, I think it is about time I put my dancing shoes where my mouth is ;)
I am hoping to go to the Dundee party on Friday 1st Feb. Barbara and I got baby-sitter for the evening :D
I look forward to seeing you all Dundonians and others for a dance or 2...

Cheers,

Franck.

Heather
28th-January-2002, 07:36 PM
About time too Franck!!! It will be nice to see you in Dundee.
I will be there to boss you about and no doubt Sheena will be late!!!!! Do you want us to wear Name Tags ( previous discussion topic on old Forum!!!) or will we just introduce ourselves? I am sure you know who we are anyway, as we are the ones who regularly attend the Aberdeen dances.
Looking forward to what is sure to be a great night on Friday.
Anyone out there looking for something to do- come to our dance in Ollie's Dundee!!!! ( Especially if you are tall,dark, handsome, can dance and have recently won the Lottery) You can probably tell I'm fussy about the men in my life!!! HA HA!

Franck
29th-January-2002, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by Heather
Do you want us to wear Name Tags ( previous discussion topic on old Forum!!!) or will we just introduce ourselves?
Looking forward to what is sure to be a great night on Friday.
Anyone out there looking for something to do- come to our dance in Ollie's Dundee!!!! ( Especially if you are tall,dark, handsome, can dance and have recently won the Lottery) You can probably tell I'm fussy about the men in my life!!! HA HA! Of course I know who you are, you're blue, with a red hat and yellow flower, should be easy to spot, unless Friday is a Mr Men/Little Miss theme night... ;)
Unfortunately, I had better warn you (to avoid disappointment, you understand), I am neither rich, tall, dark or handsome... :( :D
Still, I am really looking forward to it, as it will be great to see everyone in Dundee again !

Franck.