PDA

View Full Version : Recent changes

Whitebeard
22nd-March-2005, 11:30 PM
Since the Ceroc organisers/teachers get-together a few weeks ago it seems that the Hatchback has been reinstated as a Beginners' move. Has this or any other possible changes been discussed on another thread ?

Whitebeard
23rd-March-2005, 12:18 AM
Sorry about the big booby. I meant the Wurlitzer, not the Hatchback.

No wonder I'm a slow learner !

MartinHarper
24th-March-2005, 12:51 AM
Tonight, I was pleasantly surprised to have some basic music work taught, at Ceroc Kidderminster, with a quick demo and a couple of simple exercises to "Perhaps". Seemed to work well.

Russell Saxby
31st-March-2005, 06:03 PM
Sorry about the big booby. I meant the Wurlitzer, not the Hatchback.

No wonder I'm a slow learner !

If memory serves me right the Wurlitzer was dropped way back last year, don't remember exactly when, but I know I have not taught it for an age in the beginners class.

Russell

Whitebeard
5th-April-2005, 10:26 AM
Since the Ceroc organisers/teachers get-together a few weeks ago it seems that the Wurlitzer has been reinstated as a Beginners' move. Has this or any other possible changes been discussed on another thread ?
..... and, it's also back to the original slow comb - hand or hands at lady's hip/s and much easier to lead convincingly sensual (or amusing) 'wiggles'.

Just needs a partner to link her left hand to her right, around my neck, and I guess we're heading off into blues territory.

Gadget
5th-April-2005, 12:19 PM
..... and, it's also back to the original slow comb - hand or hands at lady's hip/s and much easier to lead convincingly sensual (or amusing) 'wiggles'.
:clap::clap:
{although...:blush: for all my cursing of it, I have developed it into an arm-roll type thing that I use now :blush:}

Just needs a partner to link her left hand to her right, around my neck, and I guess we're heading off into blues territory.
Double handed hold, turn her and as you bring both hands above her head, collect into the right, then drop the loop over your head as per a comb... or was that not what you were looking for :whistle:

drathzel
5th-April-2005, 12:45 PM
:clap::clap:
{although...:blush: for all my cursing of it, I have developed it into an arm-roll type thing that I use now :blush:}

Double handed hold, turn her and as you bring both hands above her head, collect into the right, then drop the loop over your head as per a comb... or was that not what you were looking for :whistle:

No, he wants her to want to do it, not force her to do it! :yum:

Whitebeard
5th-April-2005, 02:33 PM
No, he wants her to want to do it, not force her to do it! :yum:
You got it gal !!!

I live in hope.

Whitebeard
5th-April-2005, 07:45 PM
Thanks to everyone who's offered encouragement - I've finally psyched myself up to apply for a place on the Swinging the Blues workshop after a better than usual dance last night. Threw in a few flourishes and styling (?) points - 'flailing around' Gadget calls it. The weekend and following monday in question looks like being a bit of a marathon for me. This place is coming jive alive.

Picked up a flyer last night for a 'Jive Party' on Sat 23rd with some new (to me) names on it. No mention of who the organisers are but the teacher will be Roy Asagba-Power (who appears on the Ceroc London website) and the DJ will be Ray Hill aka 'Stingray'.