PDA

View Full Version : addicted to dance?

Swinging bee
21st-March-2005, 04:59 PM
Are You addicted to Dance ??? TAKE THIS TEST

Does dancing rule over your life? Have you overheard your friends saying that you're obsessed with dancing?
Give yourself 1 point for every YES answer:

You listen to dance music at times when you cannot possibly dance, e.g., on your car stereo, in the bank queue, etc. Give yourself an additional point if you have taken your hands off the steering wheel whilst driving to click your fingers.

Give yourself 6 extra points if you've had an accident because you were so into the music that you forgot you were driving.

When you are out shopping, the main factor in your decision to buy is whether or not you can wear it for dancing.

You ask every member of your family to buy the latest range of anti-perspirants, foot deodorants and mouth fresheners for your Birthday, and again at Christmas.

You go to other functions with dancers and cannot carry on a conversation for longer than 10 minutes without talking about dancing. (This includes gossiping about people in your dance class).

You arrive at a wedding or other local event with your dance bag filled with handouts and information of all the local dance classes in your area.

You put leaflets out at Reception where you work, and spend many hours trying to persuade your clients they should take up dancing too.

You practice steps (either consciously or subconsciously) when you are not supposed to be dancing, for example, moving your feet under your office desk, standing in line at the butchers, or in front of the mirror in the Ladies or Gents. Give yourself 1extra point for each time in the last week someone has caught you doing it.

You own a computer and have visited every jive related website (Worldwide, much to the delight of your Server and Telephone Company). Add one point If you recently got excited dancing with the new guy because you didn't realise it was his mobile phone he was wearing in his front trouser pocket.

You plan holidays to avoid missing your favourite dance class or freestyle. Give yourself an extra point if you pack dance gear when you go on a business trip. This is just in case your return flight is delayed and you have to drive straight to a dance class instead of going home to change your clothes first.

You have to explain at least once a week that you’ve missed a television program, a business meeting or social event because it clashed with a dance class. Give yourself an extra point if you find yourself lying to your work colleagues using excuses such as, "I'm really tired. I think I'll go home early tonight." (Just to get away from work early to go dancing).

What you eat for dinner depends on whether you're going dancing afterwards, no garlic or onions, curry etc. Have an extra point if you don't drink when you go out because it might interfere with your dancing.

You only wear black and white shoes.

Your dance bag is large enough to hold, four pairs of dance shoes, 3 extra shirts, a can of deodorant, a can of foot spray, a towel, a spare handkerchief, 2 packets of Aspirins, half a dozen safety pins, an asthma spray, a large bottle of water, and of course enough money to buy a sandwich from a petrol station on the way home. (Low calorie of course!)

Even though you are an advanced dancer, you join the beginners dance class every week just in case they are doing a beginners step you've never done before. Add one point for every time someone recognizes you, and asks you if they are doing a step correctly.

At least once a week you phone another dancer to find out whether they are going to a dance class or Freestyle event. Give yourself another point if, you find out they are not going dancing, and you go anyway.

You have, at least once in the past six months, spent more time driving to a dance event than you knew you would actually spend dancing, i.e. two hours each way travelling to dance less than four hours.

Your fantasy is to give up your day job and travel around the Country trying out all the dance classes and Freestyle events.

You don't know the name of three or four dancers, and refer to them as, the girl with the large bottom, the lady who wears a Wonder Bra, the man with the bald head or the old chap with a grey beard and shifty eyes. Add one point to your score for each bruise, cut, bump or other injury currently visible somewhere on your body that was caused by dancing.
Your Score

15 or more: Don't be surprised if your friends are organizing psychiatric help for you now.

11 to 14: If you put in a little effort you can take control of your life. It may be enough to eliminate Freestyles for a while.

6 to 10: You are a social dancer. You can take it or leave it. You can walk off the dance floor anytime. Others think you’re weird!!

1 to 5: Are you taking this test as a joke? You probably don't know the difference between a Yo Yo and a Wurlitzer. Contact our website for classes in your area.

Lynn
22nd-March-2005, 01:45 AM
Very good! I lost count of my score, but then I don't actually go dancing that often (no MJ classes here) - if there was that option the score would be higher!

The 'can I go dancing in this' definitely applies with new clothing purchases!

I do worry that I am becoming addicted to dance shoes! :really: :clap:

Andy McGregor
22nd-March-2005, 02:05 AM
I do worry that I am becoming addicted to dance shoes! :really: :clap:Stop worrying. This is a healthy addiction. You might as well worry about addiction to salad or exercise. My advice is to buy shoes that glitter, dance shoes that are comfy, two pairs of shoes to match every outfit, one pair for fast and one for slow floors and then buy a few spare pairs because they looked good. In fact, you can't have too many dance shoes - they're a sign of health and vitality :waycool:

cheeks
22nd-March-2005, 02:09 AM
Superb and I am sure I don't need psychiatric help :confused: I just love dancing :drool: my friend at work caught me dancing in the reception area over 3 times last week and thought it was fab....although she did think it was funny she then pointed out that she also catches me practising steps and spins when I think no one is looking I couldn't help it there was a fab tune on the radio :wink: Think I might have persuaded her to start classes to so always a bonus.............. :clap:

Lynn
22nd-March-2005, 02:11 AM
Stop worrying. This is a healthy addiction. You might as well worry about addiction to salad or exercise. My advice is to buy shoes that glitter, dance shoes that are comfy, two pairs of shoes to match every outfit, one pair for fast and one for slow floors and then buy a few spare pairs because they looked good. In fact, you can't have too many dance shoes - they're a sign of health and vitality :waycool: :rofl: Sounds good! I have been using the 'fast floors/slow floors/comfy/look good/match outfit/workshop/party etc' as valid reasons to buy the 5 pairs I have managed to accumulate over the past year! I really love my dance shoes - they seem to have something special about them that regular shoes don't have.

Gadget
22nd-March-2005, 12:33 PM
Dance Quiz (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?p=82086#post82086)

jivecat
22nd-March-2005, 03:20 PM
It only goes up to 15? I'd have thought most of us would be off the scale before we'd answered half the questions??

Petal
24th-March-2005, 02:29 PM
You practice steps (either consciously or subconsciously) when you are not supposed to be dancing, for example, moving your feet under your office desk, standing in line at the butchers, or in front of the mirror in the Ladies or Gents. Give yourself 1extra point for each time in the last week someone has caught you doing it.

Do i get bonus points for practising dance steps in a Court Room. Sheriff was off the bench at the time, only solicitors and the prosecutor present, and no i wasn't in the dock. :whistle:

John S
24th-March-2005, 03:28 PM
Do i get bonus points for practising dance steps in a Court Room. Sheriff was off the bench at the time, only solicitors and the prosecutor present, and no i wasn't in the dock. :whistle:
Jailhouse Rock?

Petal
24th-March-2005, 03:32 PM
Jailhouse Rock?
:yeah: I'm impressed!! :clap:

Robin
24th-March-2005, 05:42 PM
Jailhouse Rock?

maybe ... Sitting in the dock of the bay?

should start a thread on that somewhere..

Petal
24th-March-2005, 06:11 PM
maybe ... Sitting in the dock of the bay?

should start a thread on that somewhere..

Yes like that one too. :clap:

John S
24th-March-2005, 07:00 PM
Bob Marley's "I Shot the Sheriff"?

Winnie
26th-March-2005, 01:58 AM
I love to dance :clap:

baldrick
29th-March-2005, 06:33 PM
Addicted, no
Just cause it gets in the way of mountain biking and/or kayaking. Thats perfectly normal.

Isnt it? :what:

JoC
8th-September-2005, 02:14 PM
I may pass out before this evening arrives, Monday was such a looooooong time ago for a fix :what:

JoC
8th-September-2005, 02:37 PM
...and have just found myself scouring the council web site in the vain hope of discovering a tea dance in the hall next door that I could slip out to :blush: (another day...)