PDA

View Full Version : Dance Floor Types..

Swinging bee
21st-March-2005, 10:55 AM
From my vantage point at the DJ booth I see all types of people enjoying themselves on the dance floor. Their social backgrounds and dance styles are many and varied, so much so ,that it is possible to categorise them in a satirical and amusing way .(without meaning offence) :blush:
I start at the top? of this imaginary hierarchy with the Kings and Queens of
the dance scene..You will know the type....THE DANCE SLOAN RANGER....high on the social scale.Knows anybody who is anybody........
Been dancing with mediocracy for years...attended just about every dance workshop there is, for every type of dance. they usually make an entrance to the floor.. take up a position in the centre of the floor where they can be see showing off moves they learnt at BOG ROC just last week..Rarely seen to dance with mere mortals..Were seen once in 1997 to smile at each other when dancing, and that was when her ample cleavage escaped in a new drop...are you getting the picture?.......Got any more? :wink:

(this can include a smart arse DJ with too much to say ..Ha!)

Lory
21st-March-2005, 11:48 AM
Got any more? :wink:

The quiet one

He arrives on his own
Always sits in the same place
Speaks to no one
Dresses conservatively
Clean and neat
Only dances every 3rd to 4th track
But watches intensely
No eye contact is ever made
He politely nods thank you at the end of the track, then heads straight back to his seat, where he sits and 'contemplates'
He executes all moves to the letter and never deviates

spindr
21st-March-2005, 01:23 PM
I think Rob Pepper has made the definitive list :)
http://web.archive.org/web/20020218095352/www.netcat.co.uk/rob/ceroc/ceroc_types.shtml

SpinDr.

Gadget
21st-March-2005, 02:09 PM
The Move Monster
Takes people into twisty arm moves one after another, ducking and catching and just confusing the lady as to where she should be & what she should be doing.
Normally seen showing recent 'improvers' what moves you could be doing once you're as good as me

The Thinker
A new dancer or recent one that stops when somthing goes wrong and tries to analyse what, and with whom (normally their partner)

The Dellusionist
Is under the impression that they can do synchronous body-rolls and are amazingly stylish.

The Performer
Only conceous of themselves and making themselves look good - their partner could do what they like on the end of the arm; they are in the spotlight.

The Rebel
While everyone is emphisising an obvious break, they are moving through it. When a high-energy section of the track comes up, they use it as a break. While everyone ends in a slow dip, they end in fast turn-pose.

The Shark
Moves through the room sniffing out fresh meat to dance with - especially young, shapley, attractive ladies. A smile full of teeth.

The Dervish
Mainly dances to up-tempo tracks like a force of nature; fast spins, being flung and caught, burrling and creating space by everone taking a step away from them.

The Chocolate Dancer
Smooth and blusey; ladys lick him with their bodys and want to eat him all up. Always slinky at the edge of the floor somewhere. Ladies abandon their last partner to try and catch him before anone else.

The Show-Off
The dance seems to go from dramatic pose to dramatic pose, with BIG moves and flourishes, bags of 'musicality'. Sometimes at the exclusion of others on the dance floor.

The Toe Crusher
lots of close moves "ballroom" type moves, generally followed by the lady hopping away, wincing and trying not to get into another close move.

{I'm not telling how much of each is in me, but I was only thinking on various dances I have had :blush: (well, with one BTC exception :innocent: )}

Lynn
21st-March-2005, 02:26 PM
The Move Monster
Takes people into twisty arm moves one after another, ducking and catching and just confusing the lady as to where she should be & what she should be doing.
Normally seen showing recent 'improvers' what moves you could be doing once you're as good as me I really recognise this type! Also to be found on the salsa scene here. I tend to think of this as a progression stage a lot of guys go through?