PDA

View Full Version : Funky Divas and Cool Dudes

Cruella
20th-March-2005, 10:16 PM
We are celebrating Emma Pettits 10th year as a ceroc teacher on Saturday 16th April.
Daventry freestyles are one of the best around always drawing in lots of great dancers.

ji vep
20th-March-2005, 10:56 PM
I'm going, it sounds great. Will you dance with me Cruella. I'n new to the dance but I will give it a good go. Do you think anyone will mind if I drink on the night, maybe Jack daniels. :cheers: :waycool:

Northants Girly
20th-March-2005, 11:06 PM
I'n new to the dance Yeah course you are :rolleyes:
See you there P . . . . . long time since we had a dance ;)

Simon r
21st-March-2005, 09:19 AM
i will speak to nicole see if we can make it up there. :D

Cruella
21st-March-2005, 05:58 PM
Will you dance with me Cruella.

What do you think!!! Might have to bring my friend Comfort with me if you are bringing Jack!!! :sick:

Cruella
21st-March-2005, 06:08 PM
i will speak to nicole see if we can make it up there. :D

I'm sure between us we can find you two a bed for the night.

Yogi_Bear
21st-March-2005, 11:15 PM
I will be there. Daventry themed events are always something special. Highly recommended.Though I have missed the tast coiuple or so, the Dirty Dancing one a year or so ago, and prior to that the Rocky Horror show one made a lasting impression on my psyche....never forgotten. :D Just on the margins of socially acceptable travel time from Norwich.

Cruella
25th-March-2005, 06:50 PM
I will be there. Daventry themed events are always something special. Highly recommended.Though I have missed the tast coiuple or so, the Dirty Dancing one a year or so ago, and prior to that the Rocky Horror show one made a lasting impression on my psyche....never forgotten. :D Just on the margins of socially acceptable travel time from Norwich.

I WOULD travel 1 1/2 hours for these easily. Well worth it. I'm just really lucky to be only 20 mins away! Emma always manages to make a huge effort to make them more than just a freestyle! :worthy:

Cruella
6th-April-2005, 11:32 AM
So not long now till the 16th April and a fab night pending. Who's coming?? :clap: :cheers:

Tiggerbabe
6th-April-2005, 11:44 AM
Not me, unfortunately, but I hope (and I'm sure) you'll have a brilliant night :D

Little Em
6th-April-2005, 12:01 PM
ill b there !
:D

an i have convinced Russell to come up to see us aswell ! :clap:

Em x

Rhythm King
6th-April-2005, 12:34 PM
ill b there !

Em x

I would love to come up but unfortunately I'm on call for work and can't leave London :tears:

At least I saw Emma at the Beeb last Saturday, doing things in her usual style :waycool:

R-K :flower:

Cruella
7th-April-2005, 05:00 PM
ill b there !

Em x

Oh No! and i'm wearing a hat!! Look forward to pinching him off you for a dance or two. :kiss:

Northants Girly
7th-April-2005, 05:05 PM
i have convinced Russell to come up to see us aswell ! :clap:

Em xwhich Russell? :confused:

Cruella
7th-April-2005, 05:12 PM
which Russell? :confused:

Russell Saxby, ceroc teacher from london area.

Northants Girly
7th-April-2005, 05:16 PM
Russell Saxby, ceroc teacher from london area.Cooool ! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Russell - don't worry there are no holes in the floor for me to disappear down at Daventry - it's very smooth :wink:

Little Em
8th-April-2005, 10:04 AM
Oh No! and i'm wearing a hat!! Look forward to pinching him off you for a dance or two. :kiss:

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!! u just had to go ther didn you, an get the hat out !!! :devil:

im gonna hide him from you..... dav hall is a big one ya know ! :devil:

see ya tomorrow, watch out for Cruella on sat, shell b the one with dalmation puppies in her bag ! :eek:

Em,
the ever innocent..... :innocent:

Danger Mouse
8th-April-2005, 10:51 AM
I'll be coming and will be bringing my 'sidekick' as usual

Does anyone know if you need to buy tickets in advance for this one? I have done on previous Daventry freestyles.

Incidentally Daventry freestyles are the best & Emma’s the greatest.

Russell Saxby
8th-April-2005, 07:49 PM
Cooool ! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Russell - don't worry there are no holes in the floor for me to disappear down at Daventry - it's very smooth :wink:

glad you are sticking with the hole in the floor story, and not blaming my poor lead :whistle:

Russell Saxby
8th-April-2005, 07:52 PM

is a hat compulsory???? thanks to Emma I now have three :mad:

Emma
8th-April-2005, 10:05 PM
Suddenly - more than almost anything else in the entire world, I wanna see Russell in a hat :giggle:

Lory
9th-April-2005, 02:05 AM
Suddenly - more than almost anything else in the entire world, I wanna see Russell in a hat :giggle:
I love Russell in his beany hat! :o

Cruella
9th-April-2005, 11:24 AM
is a hat compulsory???? thanks to Emma I now have three :mad:

Not compulsory, but last time i danced with you (in fact the only time) at Ashtons you seemed to take a liking to mine and kept trying to remove it from my head!!! So think i'd better pin it down if you're going to be at Daventry. :rolleyes:

DavidY
9th-April-2005, 04:12 PM
Does anyone know if you need to buy tickets in advance for this one? I have done on previous Daventry freestyles.Not this time - tickets are £10 on the door.
Incidentally Daventry freestyles are the best & Emma’s the greatest. :yeah:

angelique
9th-April-2005, 05:18 PM
So not long now till the 16th April and a fab night pending. Who's coming?? :clap: :cheers:

:yeah:

Hopefully I will find the place and get there to have a "blooming" good night and meet up (with Northants girly's help) with some of the regulars on here :waycool:

It's time I got to know the forumites up here in the midlands now am living here and the other dancers so can get my dancing shoes out of semi-retirement! :worthy:

Look forward to meeting you all and if anyone wants to dance......... :flower:

Little Em
13th-April-2005, 01:21 PM
Really cant wait for Emma's do on sat !!!

cabaret performance....is such a laugh !!! your gonna love it ! :rofl:

lots of peeps comin along ! some of the "diva" & "dude" costumes ive seen so far r great ! :D

see ya all there !
little em
x :innocent:

angelique
14th-April-2005, 12:43 AM
lots of peeps comin along ! some of the "diva" & "dude" costumes ive seen so far r great ! :D

see ya all there !
little em
x :innocent:

Am getting excited now...only a few days to go :clap:
Excuse my ignorance but what exactly constitutes a "diva" type costume?????????? :confused:

Answers would be greatly appreciated so as can join in with the spirit of things xxxxx :cheers:

Yogi_Bear
14th-April-2005, 08:38 AM
Excuse my ignorance but what exactly constitutes a "diva" type costume?????????? :confused:

Answers would be greatly appreciated so as can join in with the spirit of things xxxxx :cheers:
Hmm...the first thing that came to mind was the cover of the En Vogue album 'Funky Divas' :waycool: but as regards the Cool Dudes my Google searches all seemed to lead to cartoon characters, 70s guys with flares and platform heels and a few references to the odd male style icon....anyone nay better ideas? failing which I will be there in my usual dressy style and hoping for the best.. :D yb

Little Em
14th-April-2005, 08:59 AM

well emma P has helped us out on this one.........
for the girlies...
fishnets, knee length boots, hats, ripped tops... :eek:
(basically girls, Em p view is normally the less clothes the better ! :devil:

guys....
wide leg trousers, braces, hats, suits, ......."cool dude"...think gangster ! :waycool:

Em had a suggestion of "watch MTV" ...... dont the papers always call Beyonce an other girly stars "divas" have a look see what they r wearing ?

I cannot wait to see what peeps will b wearing will b v interesting to see what peoples idea is of a "cool dude" & "funky diva"

fun fun fun :clap:

x x

Yogi_Bear
14th-April-2005, 09:04 AM
for the girlies...

guys....
wide leg trousers, braces, hats, suits, ......."cool dude"...think gangster ! :waycool:

Em had a suggestion of "watch MTV" ...... dont the papers always call Beyonce an other girly stars "divas" have a look see what they r wearing ?

I cannot wait to see what peeps will b wearing will b v interesting to see what peoples idea is of a "cool dude" & "funky diva"

x xYeah, I like the sound of that. My idea of a cood dude would be either some rapper in an oversize T-shirt or some guy in a zoot suit..think Jim Carey in The Mask? Totally agree with music videos as inspiration source. Girls, less clothes the better?...spot on! :D

TheTramp
14th-April-2005, 10:56 AM
OKie. I give in. Been thinking this for weeks, but it's a silly idea, so not said anything. But I give in now......

Anyone fancy a drive down from Scotland for this?? If we leave Saturday morning, we could make it in time..... :what:

Little Em
14th-April-2005, 02:50 PM
OKie. I give in. Been thinking this for weeks, but it's a silly idea, so not said anything. But I give in now......

Anyone fancy a drive down from Scotland for this?? If we leave Saturday morning, we could make it in time..... :what:

arrr... come on.. someone must wanna come down with the tramp.... or ??? maybe not !!!! :whistle: :devil:

its gonna be brill !!!!!
x

angelique
14th-April-2005, 05:41 PM

:clap: :hug: :kiss:

PLEASE dooooooooooooooo come dowwn....I'll try REALLY hard to dress like a proper diva if that helps you make the decision to come down :whistle:

angelique
15th-April-2005, 09:59 PM
for the girlies...

guys....

x x

Thanks for this....very helpful. :flower:

Can I clarify a few things though? :confused:

To be a "diva" can I demand that the room is full of white lillies and pink orchids, that there are bottles of chilled sparkling water on all the tables and sugared almonds. I would also request a team of masseurs on hand for aching diva toes, that the room is of an optimum temperature at all times so as not to cause a chill as my underwear will be on display :eek: and a hairdresser or 23 to help with hair that is out of place?

Am I on the right track here? :whistle: :rofl:

Tiggerbabe
15th-April-2005, 11:24 PM
Am I on the right track here? :whistle: :rofl:
Yup! Definitely, but I think you also need to change your name to Mariah or Jennifer (alledgedly) :wink:

Wish I could be there - Have a fab night everyone and give both Emma and her hubby a huge hug for me :hug:

Sheena x

Cruella
16th-April-2005, 10:51 AM
Yup! Definitely, but I think you also need to change your name to Mariah or Jennifer (alledgedly) :wink:

Wish I could be there - Have a fab night everyone and give both Emma and her hubby a huge hug for me :hug:

Sheena x

You could always travel down with Trampy!! If you leave right away you should make it in time!!! Great to meet you at Walthamstow. Will meet again at Hammersmith if you are coming down? If not , i'm coming up for scottish champs. :clap:

Paul F
16th-April-2005, 12:50 PM
Hi all,

A bit late but what time is it on until tonight?

Am tempted to make the drive.

Zebra Woman
16th-April-2005, 01:14 PM
Snipped from Emma's email............

I (Emma) will do a fun class teaching some of my favourite moves to some of my favourite tracks from the last 10yrs
there will be a short cabaret slot (guest performers tbc)
prizes for Coolest Dudes and Diva’s in the house
prize draw (win evening tickets only for the next Daventry Freestyle - the Dirty Dancing Extravaganza)
there will be great music courtesy of Rob Ambridge DJ (goes without saying)
and…introducing a top live band called “Shout” to rock your sox off, I’ve seen them - they’re grrrrrrreeeeeeeat…
room holds 500+ peeps (let’s try to fill the room…)

.. entrance will be £10.00 on the door and the evening is from 8pm to 1am…!!

........end of snip.

See you all there :cheers:

ZW :flower:

Paul F
16th-April-2005, 01:31 PM
Thanks Z W.

I think i may make the trip down. Trouble is, I dont have any costume :sad:
Hope i wont be the odd one out!

Zebra Woman
16th-April-2005, 02:17 PM
Don't worry about that Paul. In general the men seem to be a lot less keen/inspired to dress up than the women. You will definitely not be alone. I know several men intending to be normally dressed . I haven't even thought about what to wear yet :what: . Please find me for a dance, I know a lot of people there so it should be too hard to find me.

Alison :flower:

Paul F
16th-April-2005, 03:20 PM
Don't worry about that Paul. In general the men seem to be a lot less keen/inspired to dress up than the women. You will definitely not be alone. I know several men intending to be normally dressed . I haven't even thought about what to wear yet :what: . Please find me for a dance, I know a lot of people there so it should be too hard to find me.

Alison :flower:

I will look forward to a dance.

On the clothes side of things, i love dressing up but as i only have about 3 hours before i have to leave i think its a bit late!

Right, im off to get my directions.

Northants Girly
16th-April-2005, 03:22 PM

Alison :flower:I know who you are Paul so I'll point you in ZW's direction - after I've had a dance of course!

Thinkin bout goin in all white btw so I should be easy to spot ;)

Paul F
16th-April-2005, 03:39 PM
I know who you are Paul so I'll point you in ZW's direction - after I've had a dance of course!

Thinkin bout goin in all white btw so I should be easy to spot ;)

Looking forward to it. Should be a great night.

Of course it means i have to miss SDF :what: but I think i will cope :)

angelique
16th-April-2005, 04:25 PM

Sheena x

Will do Sheena, it's on my list of things to do so will catch Emma and pass on message whilst perusing the room and checking out the bottled water temperature, smelling the lillies and orchids and making sure the massuers are paying attention! :wink: :whistle:

Am gonna start getting ready soon....do you think sequins on me dental floss is going a bit too far? :rofl:

Yogi_Bear
17th-April-2005, 08:48 PM
Post-event reactions?
I enjoyed the evening enormously, had some great dances, well worth the trip from Norwich. The band were a disappointment though - everything they played was at the same (fast) tempo. Can't fault the evening otherwise..
yb

Northants Girly
17th-April-2005, 10:15 PM
Post-event reactions?
I enjoyed the evening enormously, had some great dances, well worth the trip from Norwich. The band were a disappointment though - everything they played was at the same (fast) tempo. Can't fault the evening otherwise..
ybIt was a brilliant evening.

I liked the band - although I admit the tempo was quick - I would have liked to have just watched the band playing while giving my feet a rest (ouch - put new shoes on too soon!) but folk kept asking me to dance - so in the end I went for a wander!

It's not long ago since we used to have Daventry freestyles in the smaller function room - but the large sports hall is great - goodness knows how many people were there!

I had some fantastic dances and lots of my favourite dancers were there too :grin:
Unfortunatley I didn't manage to get round everybody :(
but I had a couple of lurvely dances with PaulF including one to Fire :drool: Thanks Paul!

Wish I'd remembered you were there Yogi - next time eh?

NG :flower:

Yogi_Bear
18th-April-2005, 08:23 AM
Wish I'd remembered you were there Yogi - next time eh?

NG :flower:
Don't think I know who you are (yet) - maybe we had a dance anyway without being aware of it...I did sit out rather fewer than usual on Saturday.
:wink:

Paul F
18th-April-2005, 08:40 AM
It was a brilliant evening.

...but I had a couple of lurvely dances with PaulF including one to Fire :drool: Thanks Paul!

I should be thanking you NG

Was a great night. I was a bit tired when i eventually got back to Manchester but it was worth every mile.
I wasnt over keen on the band as they did play quick tempo tunes throughout but, then again, some people loved it so i didnt mind too much. Gave me a chance for a rest.
Fab dancers, great night and very friendly.

Thanks to all the organisers. They must have worked their socks off.

Little Em
18th-April-2005, 08:56 AM
there was well over 500 people there on sat night !!!!!!

thought the band were really good, an yes they were quite up tempo, but considering they r a rock band, an did change their music just for us cerocers :wink: i think they done a fab job !!!!

i wore new shoes an now have a big hole in my ankle where they rubbed ! :tears: ouch!

i dont think i sat down the whole night, i had such brill dances !!!!

little em x

DianaS
18th-April-2005, 11:12 AM
A seriously cool night!
Loved the music, not the usual stuff, seriously invigorating and wow what a tremendous group of dancers! Couldn't have asked for a better night. Alex and Imogen came down for the first time and had an excellent time! They so definately want to come again :cheers:
Hey, and when is the next one??? I nearly missed this one it it wasn't for NG I would have been at Solihull!!
It was lovely to see the forumites there, Zeba Woman NG and Angelique looked incredible! It was absolutely tremendous!
and water only 30p a pint!

Yogi_Bear
18th-April-2005, 11:17 AM
Hey, and when is the next one??? I nearly missed this one it it wasn't for NG I would have been at Solihull!!

The next Daventry themed event is, I believe, the dirty dancing event on Sunday 10 July, with a workshop and / or evening dance with a competition. Not to be missed.. :D

Cruella
18th-April-2005, 06:47 PM
Wow what a night!! So many fab dancers. Thanks to all who whisked me around the dance floor. Nice to meet you Angelique, i don't remember seeing Northants girlie but i know she was there!! :innocent: . ZW sorry didn't get chance to chat, too many men not enough time! :drool:
Paul F sorry didn't get to meet you either, shame i didn't know you were coming down because my friends James and Lyn travelled down from Manchester too. You could have travelled together.
Let's hope the Dirty Dancing will be as good in July. :clap:

Northants Girly
18th-April-2005, 09:43 PM
i don't remember seeing Northants girlie but i know she was there!! :innocent: You must have had yer eyes shut when we were talking then :rofl:(with little Em - Em was complaining bout her ankle)

Cruella
20th-April-2005, 04:19 PM
You must have had yer eyes shut when we were talking then :rofl:(with little Em - Em was complaining bout her ankle)
Oops! sorry :blush: whole night was a bit of a blur. I did have a couple of drinks throughout the evening! :devil:

angelique
20th-April-2005, 10:21 PM
Post-event reactions?
yb

I think the only phrase to give the night ANY justice is

T'WAS THE DOG'S B****X !!!!!! :rofl: :yum: :clap:

So many lovely people, lots of new faces, people looking gorgeous, new dancers to hit the floor with, i even danced with a few ladies and led !! :worthy: :clap:

Ng, Dianas, Cruella, DavidY and all the other forumites I met...great to see you all again. :kiss: :kiss:

And just as nice was seeing many London dancers from my old haunts and catching up.....I was proud to welcome them to my new dancng ground and show them what we made of "up 'ere" :whistle: :grin:

To anyone who didn't make it, a kind word of warning...DON'T miss the next one :D :flower:

angelique
20th-April-2005, 10:27 PM
Have to say the funniest thing of the evening was when went outside to have cigarette..( do i get extra brownie points for smoking outside?? :whistle: )

Was being told by another dancer that he had just er, how shall I say this, "interupted" a couple who had been caught up in the moment, the passion, the music...call it what you will and how embarrassing it had been. :blush:

As he went to show us where, guess what??? :eek:

WE CAUGHT ANOTHER COUPLE AT IT!!!!! :blush: :what:

:rofl: :rofl:

David Bailey
21st-April-2005, 09:04 AM
Was being told by another dancer that he had just er, how shall I say this, "interupted" a couple who had been caught up in the moment, the passion, the music...call it what you will and how embarrassing it had been. :blush:

As he went to show us where, guess what??? :eek:

WE CAUGHT ANOTHER COUPLE AT IT!!!!! :blush: :what:

I'm shocked, shocked I say, to find that this sort of behaviour goes on up North. Such debauchery would never be allowed down sarf, in our fine upstanding London venues, I can assure the lady of that.

Disgusted Of Finchley

:whistle:

Northants Girly
21st-April-2005, 10:57 AM
I'm shocked, shocked I say, to find that this sort of behaviour goes on up North. Such debauchery would never be allowed down sarf, in our fine upstanding London venues, I can assure the lady of that.

Disgusted Of Finchley :whistle:Up North??

I can assure you that Daventry is SOUTH of Watford Gap! :na:

David Bailey
21st-April-2005, 11:12 AM
Up North??

I can assure you that Daventry is SOUTH of Watford Gap! :na:

Hey, Watford itself is Up North for me :whistle:

Yogi_Bear
21st-April-2005, 11:20 AM

So many lovely people, lots of new faces, people looking gorgeous, new dancers to hit the floor with, i even danced with a few ladies and led !! :worthy: :clap:

Ng, Dianas, Cruella, DavidY and all the other forumites I met...great to see you all again. :kiss: :kiss:

:Don't think I met you (not knowingly, anyway) :tears: ....so many forumites.. :waycool: ..roll on July. yb