PDA

View Full Version : Blues:- how much is real?

drathzel
20th-March-2005, 12:10 AM
Ok just curious!

When dancing blues how much of the REALLY sexy initmidate dances are put on. Yes you can create a lot of it but can you really create that desire and need with someone you dont particularly want to be on the dance floor with.

Do you need to on some level be attracted to your partner? I know there are people that have danced as friends so long they can do this but what about those dancers who have blues together very seldom, if ever before?

Do you just have to assume that every dance is just a dance and nothing more?

I have my oppinions on this but would be interesting to see what the general idea on the matter is!

:hug:

Andreas
20th-March-2005, 12:33 AM
What do they say? Blues is the dance you dance at three in the morning after 6 hours straight. So essentially your just supporting each other. How much sexual tension is buiding there exactly? :rofl:

Gadget
20th-March-2005, 03:37 AM
When dancing blues how much of the REALLY sexy initmate dances are put on.
The REALLY sexy, intimate dances? Where the rest of the world vanishes and you are entwined in your partner, being carried allong by the music? At that time: 110% real, 0% "put on". It's only once the music stops and reality invades that you have to take a step back.

The 'normal' sexy, intimate dances? Where the moves are sexy and you are teasing your partner? About 60% real, 40% "put on". If it wasn't for real life, off the dance floor and all the bagage that may ensue, the partners would probably take the intimacy a lot further.

But perhaps I put more of myself into my dancing than most folk? As I stated in the "What makes a woman attractive" thread; normally there is some attraction I can work from and build on no matter who the partner.

Do you just have to assume that every dance is just a dance and nothing more?No: I would say that even though I have spoken about ten words to some ladies, they are friends. There is a mutual respect and 'comradeship' that buids up with some people - Some people you let dance with you closer and more intimatly than others; to do this, they must trust you, and you trust them. This trust between people is very similar to/the same as the trust given to friends and, in a slightly dilute way, lovers.

Magic Hans
20th-March-2005, 12:17 PM
Personally, with any style of dancing, I feel that any manner of physical connection can be taken out of context - which can be good and bad!!

Sure I am far more comfortable with being sexy with someone to whom I'm attracted as, a) if they are available, when I'd be quite happy to explore a relationship off the dance floor and b) if they are not, then it's a little harmless flirtatious fun, completely restricted to the dance floor.

However, if I'm not attracted to someone, and have even the slightest inkling that they might like me more than I like them, I really am at pains to ensure that I'm not leading them on in any way shape or form ... which may, I guess, come over as being cold sometimes!

TheTramp
20th-March-2005, 01:29 PM
Every dance is just a dance.

Unless you want it to be something more :wink:

drathzel
20th-March-2005, 01:55 PM

now thats the kind of comment that leaves questions

how can you tell your if your partner wants more?

Can they tell you want more...etc etc

Lory
20th-March-2005, 02:13 PM

:yeah: Wow Trampy, I'm impressed, I thnk you've hit the nail squarely on the head there! ;)

Lory
20th-March-2005, 02:23 PM
Just had a thought, I bet if 10 different men learnt exactly the same choreographed routine, each dance would have a totally different emphasis... Some would be technically perfect, :waycool: some technically perfect but lack emotion, :sad: some would make it silly and fun :rofl: and some would turn every move into something sensual and sexy! :drool:

TheTramp
20th-March-2005, 02:29 PM
:yeah: Wow Trampy, I'm impressed, I thnk you've hit the nail squarely on the head there! ;)
That'll be some rep then... :na: :whistle:

jivecat
20th-March-2005, 03:46 PM

Absolutely.

I'd actually rather it wasn't. If I have to act sexy, then I'd rather do just that - act. I feel more comfortable hamming it up & giving it a slightly jokey edge. I thought that was the only way anyone could get through a workshop of the Strictly Sinful type without expiring from shame, embarrassment and aesthetic trauma.

It makes me really uncomfortable if I feel sexual attraction is being played out by means of dance moves, even if I think the guy is attractive. It would distract me from the real business of the dance, namely, movement, rhythm, musicality, interpretation, communication, connection, cooperation and all that other stuff. Most close moves, with almost anyone, leave me feeling slightly uncomfortable though how that squares up with my "Justice for Pervs" stance is beyond me. They're much easier to cope with if done with a certain irony.

Gadget - I can only admire your ability to lose yourself so unselfconsciously in the moment. See, I can spell it, but I can't do it - what use is that? :wink: :hug:

bigdjiver
20th-March-2005, 06:09 PM
Just had a thought, I bet if 10 different men learnt exactly the same choreographed routine, each dance would have a totally different emphasis... Some would be technically perfect, :waycool: some technically perfect but lack emotion, :sad: some would make it silly and fun :rofl: and some would turn every move into something sensual and sexy! :drool: and the majority?

cheeks
20th-March-2005, 06:16 PM
Absolutely.

I feel more comfortable hamming it up & giving it a slightly jokey edge. I thought that was the only way anyone could get through a workshop of the Strictly Sinful type without expiring from shame, embarrassment and aesthetic trauma. :

I agree with you to a degree babe yes there is a lot of fun in hamming it up and keeping the jokey edge but I have had a few dances where I did enjoy the not having to act and did not feel embarassed or traumitised by this....possibly the complete opposite. :whistle:

It makes me really uncomfortable if I feel sexual attraction is being played out by means of dance moves, even if I think the guy is attractive. It would distract me from the real business of the dance, namely, movement, rhythm, musicality, interpretation, communication, connection, cooperation and all that other stuff. Most close moves, with almost anyone, leave me feeling slightly uncomfortable though how that squares up with my "Justice for Pervs" stance is beyond me. They're much easier to cope with if done with a certain irony. :

I understand what you mean but I think it depends on who I am dancing with sometimes the sexual attraction played out by dances moves can be uncomfortable but on the other hand can be enjoyable and flirtatious and completely down to the indiviuals dancing. When dancing with sexual attraction maybe your are not distracted from the moves, the dance but are more relaxed and able to feel the musicality, interpretation, communication, connection through both you and your partner or maybe I just get lost in the idea of a man to lean on, rely on forget everything else for the whole 3 mins of that track no matter what. :drool:

:flower:

Chicklet
20th-March-2005, 06:28 PM

aaaannd, IMHO there is nothing WRONG with making it something more IN YOUR OWN HEAD for those three mins, if it makes you happy.

Maybe I'm just very lucky but I can have very naughty thoughts about people I'm dancing with, thoroughly enjoy the experience, and walk away and leave it in the three mins as part of the charm of the dance. :devil:

I'd be interested to hear if anyone has ever suspected I was doing it :rofl: but it wouldn't bother me either way, ...unless I saw "scared" looking back at me :blush: , in which case I would snap out of it straight away, not wanting to make anyone uncomfortable....cos I'm completely harmless, honest. :grin:

Lory
20th-March-2005, 06:30 PM
and the majority?
Sadly, I fear that the majority would just be trying to remember the routine! :whistle:

Lory
20th-March-2005, 06:34 PM
Maybe I'm just very lucky but I can have very naughty thoughts about people I'm dancing with, thoroughly enjoy the experience, and walk away and leave it in the three mins as part of the charm of the dance. :devil:

I'm so glad it's not just me! Sometimes my imagination goes into overdrive! :what: :rofl:

drathzel
20th-March-2005, 06:44 PM
aaaannd, IMHO there is nothing WRONG with making it something more IN YOUR OWN HEAD for those three mins, if it makes you happy.

:yeah:

But sometimes do you not just want to walk away still basking in the glow of that dance making it last for just a few more minutes! Especially the ones that make you feel special!

I'd be interested to hear if anyone has ever suspected I was doing it :rofl: but it wouldn't bother me either way, ...unless I saw "scared" looking back at me :blush: , in which case I would snap out of it straight away, not wanting to make anyone uncomfortable....cos I'm completely harmless, honest. :grin:

Are not all men oblivious to what is going on in your head!

Chicklet
20th-March-2005, 06:58 PM
But sometimes do you not just want to walk away still basking in the glow of that dance making it last for just a few more minutes! Especially the ones that make you feel special!

hmmmm, yes and no I suppose, I think I have decided over the last two years that the safest thing all round is to leave it in the moment, I'll always have the memory, but I don't want to be taking a memory into the next dance, cos that's not fair on the next chap.

Are not all men oblivious to what is going on in your head!

one of the great unanswered questions of life there :rofl: ...but I could mention two or three who CERTAINLY new what I was thinking :rofl:

cheeks
20th-March-2005, 07:03 PM
I'm so glad it's not just me! Sometimes my imagination goes into overdrive! :what: :rofl:
Babes you are cetainly not alone with that one :whistle: :drool:

drathzel
20th-March-2005, 07:05 PM
hmmmm, yes and no I suppose, I think I have decided over the last two years that the safest thing all round is to leave it in the moment, I'll always have the memory, but I don't want to be taking a memory into the next dance, cos that's not fair on the next chap.

I only meant that if you were sitting out the next dance! (as we women often do :sad: !)

foxylady
20th-March-2005, 10:18 PM

Me too..... and I am also completely harmless (well I am if you want me to be ! :wink: )

Lynn
21st-March-2005, 12:32 AM
I'm with Trampy on the 'a dance is just a dance' - if I didn't think that I would be very self conscious and would dance very sedately :rofl: If the music and the moment call for something a bit more flirty or sensuous, then that's fine, but I wouldn't expect it to continue a second longer than the end of the song.

But sometimes do you not just want to walk away still basking in the glow of that dance making it last for just a few more minutes! Especially the ones that make you feel special! I wouldn't dwell on it at the time, there would be another dance with another man, but those 'special' dances would be nice memories I would have of the evening.

Lynn
21st-March-2005, 01:18 AM
Blues is the dance you dance at three in the morning after 6 hours straight. So essentially your just supporting each other :yeah: or 4am...
Looking foward to Southport...

Bill
21st-March-2005, 10:26 AM
Just had a thought, I bet if 10 different men learnt exactly the same choreographed routine, each dance would have a totally different emphasis... Some would be technically perfect, :waycool: some technically perfect but lack emotion, :sad: some would make it silly and fun :rofl: and some would turn every move into something sensual and sexy! :drool:

The few times I really get caught up in the music to some bluesy number, I look into my partners eyes and ...... usually she just laughs :blush: :sick:

Perhaps some people are hoping there's more to it than just a dance but sometimes ...just sometimes you think it might be more - a look in the eyes perhaps - but some dancers just love flirting and having 3 minutes of fun.

If your partner wants more should they say 'that was great...I'd like some more please' ???? 'want to come back to my place NOW?' . ..

cheeks
21st-March-2005, 11:14 AM
If your partner wants more should they say 'that was great...I'd like some more please' ???? 'want to come back to my place NOW?' . ..

Bill are you going some place with that would you like to tell us more :whistle: because babes the thought is always there we just daren't say and stick to the fabulous 3 mins of fun,lovely moves,flirtation and you lookin into our eyes :wink: :drool: :drool: :devil:

Bill
21st-March-2005, 11:53 AM
Bill are you going some place with that would you like to tell us more :whistle: because babes the thought is always there we just daren't say and stick to the fabulous 3 mins of fun,lovely moves,flirtation and you lookin into our eyes :wink: :drool: :drool: :devil:

On those few occasions when I get carried away and sing along to a song then think I'm putting on that sexy sultry look the girls just :rolleyes: laugh ..... but not surprised really. :sick:

Think Fran goes round and tells the girls just to grin and bear it .... it's only 3 mins and he's really quite harmless :wink: :rolleyes:

Clive Long
21st-March-2005, 12:08 PM
On those few occasions when I get carried away and sing along to a song ...

That's a relief - i thought it was only me that did that ..

... then think I'm putting on that sexy sultry look - the girls just laugh ..... but not surprised really.

So we dance with the same women - even though were are at different ends of the UK. They must move quickly around the country.

C

Bill
21st-March-2005, 12:21 PM
That's a relief - i thought it was only me that did that ..

So we dance with the same women - even though were are at different ends of the UK. They must move quickly around the country.

C

Some of these women can move very quickly !!! :D

maybe they're checking out which one of us looks most ridiculous during a slow track :sick: Pity we can't look as good in reality as we do in our heads eh !!! :tears:

Sheepman
21st-March-2005, 01:26 PM

I'd be interested to hear if anyone has ever suspected I was doing it The only way I would ever be aware of it (and I've not danced with Chicklet), would be if my partner made it very obvious, or told me about those thoughts :blush:

Assuming that other things are equal, ie you are familiar with your partner, and both not afraid to do the play acting, there is one main thing that for me separates the cases where there is attraction. And that is about the looks you give each other. Maybe it is possible to "act" those looks as well, but it certainly doesn't feel the same. (Or am I deluding myself? :tears: )

Greg

cheeks
21st-March-2005, 02:28 PM
Some of these women can move very quickly !!! :D

maybe they're checking out which one of us looks most ridiculous during a slow track :sick:

We do not even spend a second thinking that, the whole focus during that track is to enjoy all 3 minutes babes. :hug:

Pity we can't look as good in reality as we do in our heads eh !!! :tears:

Never really managed to work out what goes on in a mans head :confused: so can not comment on that one but you certainly look good from where us females are standing .................. :wink: :drool:

Bill
21st-March-2005, 03:34 PM
Never really managed to work out what goes on in a mans head :confused: so can not comment on that one

erm ....funnily enough not sure many of us men know what's going on in our heads either ....and even less sure of what's happening in a woman's ( and that's after reading Men are from Mars!!!) :whistle:

CJ
21st-March-2005, 03:50 PM
I am firmly in the "a dance is a dance" camp but never JUST a dance: a dance is a dance, and a dance alone. For all it's a dance, I give my all for those 3 minutes (or 2 1/2 if I have to change track!! :blush: ): whether it's a fun track, modern dance, sexy or unadulterated sleaze (U know who you are!!)...

I don't have to act, I feel (REALLY feel )the music, and that moment with my partner and give it everything I am. So, a dance IS a dance, and a dance alone, but not just a dance. :D

Confused?!? Me, too...

OK, Chickie DD. Gauntlet thrown: I shall walk the potential charge of narcissism and say that I felt aware of you feeling/thinking stuff whilst we danced. Was never a problem and I could well be wrong. In fact, I'd dare to say it probably added to the dancing and dictated certain moves at certain times... But you asked, so I answered.

Now flame me...........

Never really managed to work out what goes on in a mans head :confused:

Well, usually it's "1,2, 3, oh hell not another first move, damn, 4, 1, 2, oops, sorry, 3, 4, quick, a break,1, oh damn I missed it, 2, 3, I'll get the next one 4, 1, what else did we do in class?!? 2, 3, AHA!! a yoyo!!!! 4, 1, ANOTHER bloody first move, oh help...."

drathzel
21st-March-2005, 04:56 PM
Well, usually it's "1,2, 3, oh hell not another first move, damn, 4, 1, 2, oops, sorry, 3, 4, quick, a break,1, oh damn I missed it, 2, 3, I'll get the next one 4, 1, what else did we do in class?!? 2, 3, AHA!! a yoyo!!!! 4, 1, ANOTHER bloody first move, oh help...."

so true :rofl: :rofl:

cheeks
21st-March-2005, 06:03 PM

okay so what was that first move again and did you drop the return.... :rofl: yo.yo I hate yo yo's especially the mint ones, :wink: much prefer a kit kat

:hug:

Chicklet
21st-March-2005, 06:26 PM
OK, Chickie DD. Gauntlet thrown: I shall walk the potential charge of narcissism and say that I felt aware of you feeling/thinking stuff whilst we danced. Was never a problem and I could well be wrong. In fact, I'd dare to say it probably added to the dancing and dictated certain moves at certain times... But you asked, so I answered.
hmmmm, well if you will use that conditioner that reminds me of Aleks and go wafting it in my face...then these are the things you're going to have to put up with :innocent: :grin: :hug:

David Bailey
21st-March-2005, 06:56 PM
:yeah: Whew, I thought that was just me did that :grin:

Gadget
22nd-March-2005, 12:04 AM
... much prefer a kit kat
Damnit, it's a decent thread - there are soooo many comments in reply that could take it upstairs :innocent:

cheeks
22nd-March-2005, 01:16 AM
Damnit, it's a decent thread - there are soooo many comments in reply that could take it upstairs :innocent:

Now now okay go on then because I am now curious to your reply :wink:

Please accept my apologies everyone for thread hyjaking :hug:

Barryf
22nd-March-2005, 01:22 AM
[QUOTE=drathzel]Ok just curious!

Do you just have to assume that every dance is just a dance and nothing more?

When you are in the Blues Room, A blues dance could be just another blues dance :blush: , but it could turn into a great blues dance if and only if, you give her freedom to express herself sensuously when she wants to, and she really enjoys showing her body, arm, head, isolated limb movements, from head to toes, and ( when you are away from local venues and familiar eyes) doing all the seductive moves she might dream of , and if you both are tuned into this music. Then you both are into this truly FANTASTIC BLUES DANCE. :clap:

The dance is real, but it is ONLY a BLUES DANCE, then maybe for another track the magic continues, then its thank you for a really great dance, and could we have another later please ?? :flower:

If you got it all right , you just might get that other dance too.

cheeks
22nd-March-2005, 02:35 AM
When you are in the Blues Room, A blues dance could be just another blues dance :blush: , but it could turn into a great blues dance if and only if, you give her freedom to express herself sensuously when she wants to, and she really enjoys showing her body, arm, head, isolated limb movements, from head to toes, and ( when you are away from local venues and familiar eyes) doing all the seductive moves she might dream of , and if you both are tuned into this music. Then you both are into this truly FANTASTIC BLUES DANCE. :clap:

The dance is real, but it is ONLY a BLUES DANCE, then maybe for another track the magic continues, then its thank you for a really great dance, and could we have another later please ?? :flower:

If you got it all right , you just might get that other dance too.

:yeah: But a girl can but dream can't she :drool:

Barryf
22nd-March-2005, 04:09 PM
:yeah: But a girl can but dream can't she :drool:

:innocent: Did I say something :really:

well anyway when I eventually get to Dundee I just might get that Blues Dance ;)

cheeks
22nd-March-2005, 06:00 PM
:innocent: Did I say something :really:

well anyway when I eventually get to Dundee I just might get that Blues Dance ;)

will hold you to that :wink: