PDA

View Full Version : Wall mounting plasma screens

Bex
17th-March-2005, 06:25 PM
Okay, absolutely nothing to do with dance but I can't seem to find any info on this on the net to answer a question for a friend, so thought someone out there might be able to help.

If you wanted to wall mount a TV plasma screen, are there any rules to say that you can't mount it above a fireplace or radiator? Is there a specfic distance from the radiator etc that is safe to install it? Or is it a complete no, no?

Anyone?

Ta,
Bex

TheTramp
17th-March-2005, 06:38 PM
Hiya Bex.

I did a search on "mounting plasma screens radiator fireplace advice". And got 5020 hits. Just from UK sites. Where did you look?!?

Of course, like any advice here, you might need to take it all with a pinch of salt - it could be expensive if it wasn't the correct advice! But from the few sites I looked at quickly, most seemed to say that it can be done.

Personally though, I'd advise that your friend speak to a qualified person working wherever he/she wants to buy the screen from. After all, if they give out the wrong information regarding this matter, and there is a problem with the screen, you will probably have a comeback against them.

foxylady
17th-March-2005, 06:48 PM
I do know that plasma screens generate an awful lot of heat so need extremely good ventilation. I think expert advice should be taken, but I would guess that near a fireplace or a radiator is a complete no no !

Foxy

clevedonboy
17th-March-2005, 07:14 PM
www.avforums.com is a great site for all things related to hifi / tv issues. You will find the answer there by doing a search. That forum uses the same software as this ine so you should feel comfortable

Bex
18th-March-2005, 12:13 PM
Thanks Guys, will check them all out!!!! :hug: