PDA

View Full Version : Sun awareness (M vs F)?

David Bailey
17th-March-2005, 03:12 PM
The sudden return of that big yellow thing in the sky prompted me to wonder, yet again... Why is it that women are so much more quick off the mark than men to be appropriately dressed when the weather turns good?

Men (myself included) seem to take a week or more to realize that the jumper+black jeans look is maybe not now needed, but women seem to have this immediate dress-change thing going on. How is that then? Is there some secret weather-clothing society, or are men just poor dressers?

(Or, do I just notice female clothing more in the warm weather :whistle: )

azande
17th-March-2005, 03:15 PM
The sudden return of that big yellow thing in the sky
What's that then? I can only see rain!

David Bailey
17th-March-2005, 03:35 PM
Ahh, that's just for us poncy Southerners then.
It's very sunny in London at the moment, if that helps... :waycool: (sunglasses needed)

stewart38
17th-March-2005, 03:41 PM
The sudden return of that big yellow thing in the sky prompted me to wonder, yet again... Why is it that women are so much more quick off the mark than men to be appropriately dressed when the weather turns good?

Men (myself included) seem to take a week or more to realize that the jumper+black jeans look is maybe not now needed, but women seem to have this immediate dress-change thing going on. How is that then? Is there some secret weather-clothing society, or are men just poor dressers?

(Or, do I just notice female clothing more in the warm weather :whistle: )

Lovely day in city of london but still took my thick long coat to work so I can feel really hot on Northern line. After a week id realise no longer required

MartinHarper
17th-March-2005, 04:04 PM
Why is it that women are so much more quick off the mark than men to be appropriately dressed when the weather turns good?

Because we live in a sexist society.

Feelingpink
17th-March-2005, 04:10 PM
... Why is it that women are so much more quick off the mark than men to be appropriately dressed when the weather turns good? ...

What? You expect us to need more than a turn in the weather to buy a new pair of shoes (or anything else)? :blush:

Lynn
17th-March-2005, 07:23 PM
Ahh, that's just for us poncy Southerners then.
It's very sunny in London at the moment, if that helps... :waycool: (sunglasses needed) Yeah, rub it in! Its cloudy and windy here today, typical for a bank holiday! (St Patrick's Day).

As to the question, I don't know about the other gals, but I love the warmer weather as I feel there is even more variety to clothes options. So I check the temperature in the morning news and think about clothing options for that day. And I love wearing less layers - roll on the warmer weather! :clap:

David Bailey
17th-March-2005, 07:50 PM
I don't know about the other gals, but I love the warmer weather as I feel there is even more variety to clothes options. So I check the temperature in the morning news and think about clothing options for that day. And I love wearing less layers - roll on the warmer weather! :clap:

Ahh, you read the weather report! I knew there was some sneaky underhand secret to it... Speaking as a guy, we also love it when you wear less layers :whistle:

Lynn
18th-March-2005, 11:45 AM
Ahh, you read the weather report! I knew there was some sneaky underhand secret to it... Looking out the window isn't enough, it can be sunny, you put on a little dress and sandals - that afternoon then its cold and windy :sad: or the opposite of course - awful to miss a 'summer clothing warm day' and be stuck in jeans all day!

Oh dear, I've realised this is my organised side coming out again! :really:

Katie
18th-March-2005, 12:46 PM
Why is it that women are so much more quick off the mark than men to be appropriately dressed when the weather turns good?

Because some women (mainly crazy young ones, who think clubbing gear is appropriate for the day.... :rolleyes: ) wear the same clothes no matter what the season! :really: :wink: :devil:

For most of us, we love to wear pretty summer clothes whenever we get the chance.... ...and we love to shop for the summer season (which usually starts in Jan/Feb)...... :innocent: