PDA

View Full Version : Easter Weekend Events!

Bex
17th-March-2005, 10:51 AM
Well a nice long weekend if fast approaching, what's happening out there?

Twyford is having a 'Long Good Friday Night' on the 25th, normal class night and entrance price, but we've got an extension till midnight, so loads of freestyle time :clap: ! Complimentary Tea, coffee & cookies later on. Dress theme 'wear something yellow!' 8.00pm start.

Also, a little birdie tells me that there's T-Jive at Kent House, Hammersmith on Easter Sunday, wooo-hooo!!! :cheers:

Bex

Minnie M
17th-March-2005, 11:03 AM
How about a weekend by the seaside !

Friday King Alfred (Stompin) with Viktor teaching
Saturday - something different - all dayer learning Ballroom + eveing dance to practice new moves or room for MJ
Sunday - Andy McGresters' T-Dance
Monday All the Easter fun a seaside town can provide (maybe a paddle in the sea :whistle: )

Northants Girly
17th-March-2005, 11:27 AM
Monday All the Easter fun a seaside town can provide (maybe a paddle in the sea :whistle: )

I was thinking about the Sunday T-dance at Wickstead Park, Kettering but the thought of some sea air is very tempting!

Where exactly is your seaside T-dance?

NG x

Lounge Lizard
17th-March-2005, 12:01 PM

Saturday - something different - all dayer learning Ballroom + eveing dance to practice new moves or room for MJ
Or Saturday at Stone Cross Hall in Eastbourne (which was by the seaside last time I looked :whistle: )

Minnie M
17th-March-2005, 12:56 PM
I should have said Brighton :blush:

However my apologies the other seaside events that I am aware of:-

Saturday :
BATTLE - Le Roc. (Hot Shots)
SOUTHAMPTON - Mo'Jive dance
PORTSMOUTH - Masked Ball, with THE JIVE CATS Class x Andy & Rena

and of course Peter's event Eastbourne

Paul F
17th-March-2005, 01:45 PM
Well we dont have too many beaches in Manchester but on Saturday 26th we are bringing the second installment of our Club Ceroc BIG freestyle night.

It really is a fantastic night with an atmosphere which is second to none.
Loads of really friendly people , great dancers and some nice little touches.

Well worth the drive :wink:

www.ceroc-manchester.co.uk

Cruella
20th-March-2005, 10:00 PM
Friday - Banbury, with Jon Brett Dj and the Jive Aces playing a set.
Sat- Hammersmith or Solihull.
Sun- Wicksteed Park, Kettering Tea Dance.

Northants Girly
21st-March-2005, 03:31 PM
Friday - Banbury, with Jon Brett Dj and the Jive Aces playing a set. :yeah:

Sun- Wicksteed Park, Kettering Tea Dance.:yeah: after going on some scary Wickstead Park rides and picnicing :grin: (weather permitting!)

Andy McGregor
21st-March-2005, 04:19 PM

Monday All the Easter fun a seaside town can provide (maybe a paddle in the sea :whistle: )Our T-Dance is in Findon Village Hall (just North of Worthing on the A24) from 3pm 'til 6pm. If you're coming to the T-dance can you let me know. I'd like to make sure we've got enough cakes, flapjack, triangular sarnies, etc, etc - we will over cater for those surprise guests but it's helpful if people let us know before we shop on Saturday :flower:

The last T-dance was fab and this one is booking up very nicely so I think it will be even better. And one innovation we've introduced is putting out the Sunday papers - but you'll need to get there early if you'd like to claim the CDs from them. MinnieM held back and missed out last time :tears:

Divissima
22nd-March-2005, 10:27 AM
Also, a little birdie tells me that there's T-Jive at Kent House, Hammersmith on Easter Sunday, wooo-hooo!!! STOP PRESS!!The Easter Sunday T-Jive has been postponed due to the proximity of the venue to Hammersmith Bridge on the day of the Varsity Boat Race. The venue informed us last night that the carpark is hired out for Boat Race parking and that the police generally begin closing off the roads around the bridge shortly after midday. Not wishing to embroil our T-jivers in all the chaos we have made the decision to postpone.

The T-Jive moves to Sunday 3rd April instead. More details to follow.....

Dance Demon
22nd-March-2005, 10:39 AM
Ceroc Edinburgh End of month party, in Marcos on saturday Night...( just so's everyone knows that there's something on in Scotland too.. :D )

Robin
22nd-March-2005, 10:57 AM

Not forgetting the Stevenage Easter Dance at the Barclay School with Jon Brett on the Decks on Saturday ! - Just in case you prefer your Brettness on a Saturday as opposed to a Friday ! (and if you're nearer to junction 8 of the M1 :grin:

Bex
22nd-March-2005, 12:35 PM
STOP PRESS!!The Easter Sunday T-Jive has been postponed due to the proximity of the venue to Hammersmith Bridge on the day of the Varsity Boat Race. The venue informed us last night that the carpark is hired out for Boat Race parking and that the police generally begin closing off the roads around the bridge shortly after midday. Not wishing to embroil our T-jivers in all the chaos we have made the decision to postpone.

Nooooooooo!!!! :tears: :tears:

Simon r
22nd-March-2005, 01:08 PM
STOP PRESS!!The Easter Sunday T-Jive has been postponed due to the proximity of the venue to Hammersmith Bridge on the day of the Varsity Boat Race. The venue informed us last night that the carpark is hired out for Boat Race parking and that the police generally begin closing off the roads around the bridge shortly after midday. Not wishing to embroil our T-jivers in all the chaos we have made the decision to postpone.

Bugger had my whole weekend planned around sunday..... :tears:

Gus
22nd-March-2005, 01:18 PM
For those North of the Watford Gap...

We will be holding our last CC event at Knutsford Civic Centr THIS FRIDAY, starting at 8.30pm. With a WCS lesson to start (by Chris and Victoria), an advanced Jive class from Gus to follow .. and the best music in the North (of England) through to Midnight.

Msfab
22nd-March-2005, 03:24 PM

Crap! I was looking forward to my T-Jive Fix! :tears:

philsmove
22nd-March-2005, 05:27 PM
kingswood leroc Bristol have a do on Friday

ducasi
22nd-March-2005, 08:20 PM
Ceroc Edinburgh End of month party, in Marcos on saturday Night...( just so's everyone knows that there's something on in Scotland too.. :D ) I'll be in Edinburgh on Saturday and might go to this, but I'm not sure how I'd get home after. Any suggestions how I can get home to Glasgow early Sunday morning?

Mary
23rd-March-2005, 12:38 AM
What about Saturday in the London and beyond areas? Can't decide between Woking and Hammersmith - anyone got any clues? Brighton sounds interesting, but a bit far and a bit pricey.

M

spindr
23rd-March-2005, 01:07 AM
Farnborough - 500 club for the Lindyologists?

SpinDr.

philsmove
23rd-March-2005, 01:55 AM
kingswood leroc Bristol have a do on Friday

sorry its next week

stompin' phil
23rd-March-2005, 03:37 AM
Stompin' in Brighton with Viktor is on this Easter Friday

I hope to see you there.

Doors open 7.45pm

8.15pm 1st lesson (beginners and improvers) Viktor

8.50 Freestyle

9.00pm (Intermediate Jive) Viktor

9.40pm Freestyle

Midnight Finnish

DJ John Miller

Admission £8

With an average of 100+ dancers each week. There is a great standard of dancers who travel from all over the south as well locals which when combined creates a great freindly atmosphere. Give it a try.

King Alfred Leisure centre
Sea Front

Kingsway

BN3 2WW

Licensed bar & Free car park next door

complimentary tea & coffee area upstairs from 11pm

Keep on Stompin'

Phil Duckett

MartinHarper
25th-March-2005, 05:34 PM

I've been convinced to go down that way too. Probably the furthest I've gone for a single night's dancing - hope it'll be worth it! :)

Cruella
25th-March-2005, 06:04 PM
I've been convinced to go down that way too. Probably the furthest I've gone for a single night's dancing - hope it'll be worth it! :)

Well make sure you come and find me for a dance!
I've got a big blonde streak in the front of my hair or i may have a hat on.
See you there. :grin:

Lindsay
25th-March-2005, 06:16 PM
I'll be in Edinburgh on Saturday and might go to this, but I'm not sure how I'd get home after. Any suggestions how I can get home to Glasgow early Sunday morning?

Scab a lift!

Loads of Glaswegians usually come through.