PDA

View Full Version : Online Dance Videos

Minnie M
16th-March-2005, 12:28 AM
West Coast Swing etc., lessons - and they are good (and free) :worthy:

http://www.mydancelesson.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=0&func=search&submit=submit&search_showsample=1

Minnie M
16th-March-2005, 10:35 AM
Was looking at the Jordan & Tatiana Jordan lesson - but was confused by this :- I have the standard Windows Media Player ????

View Low BW Real
View High BW Real
View Low BW Media Player
View High BW Media Player

(check out the Robert Cordoba lesson, that's really good :worthy: )

azande
16th-March-2005, 10:38 AM
Was looking at the Jordan & Tatiana Jordan lesson - but was confused by this :- I have the standard Windows Media Player ????

View Low BW Real
View High BW Real
View Low BW Media Player
View High BW Media Player

(check out the Robert Cordoba lesson, that's really good :worthy: )

Real is another format, used by Real Player, so you need to choose the Media Player version.

High or Low refers to the resolution and it affects the size of the movie, High is obviously better resolution but it will take longer to download.

Az.

Gadget
16th-March-2005, 10:41 AM
"Real" is 'Real Media' player - a different format from windows media.

"High" and "Low" refer to bandwidth - how fast your internet connection is.
{edit: Azande may be right, but I had a look at both and couldn't really see any difference in quality, although that's normally all that is different between a high and low bandwith file}

All are the same clip.

azande
16th-March-2005, 10:46 AM
"Real" is 'Real Media' player - a different format from windows media.

"High" and "Low" refer to bandwidth - how fast your internet connection is.

All are the same clip.
:na: :na:

Gadget
16th-March-2005, 10:58 AM
snap :wink:

From the couple of clips I looked at, it seemed that the lady was not being led through the moves them-selves, but being led the timing of the moves (does that make sense?)
- was that because it was a rehersed move, or the lead was just so good, or the followers just so good, or the followers were anticipating?

Minnie M
16th-March-2005, 01:42 PM
Thanks for you help fellas - could see much difference between High & Low Media Player, however they both seemed OK - what does the BW mean ?

(sorry just realised it must mean Band Width :rolleyes: )

Geordieed
16th-March-2005, 03:10 PM
snap :wink:

From the couple of clips I looked at, it seemed that the lady was not being led through the moves them-selves, but being led the timing of the moves (does that make sense?)
- was that because it was a rehersed move, or the lead was just so good, or the followers just so good, or the followers were anticipating?

I am guessing that you were watching some of the WCS stuff. The dance has a foundation of basic patterns that are a guide for the majority of moves danced. Both lead and follow have a basis from which to progress from. Not everything is lead but the lead still has the responsibility to initiate the pattern to his follower so variations etc. can happen. There are other aspects to what they are doing that will be taught in classes but most importantly a connection between the two dancers will communicate alot.

El Salsero Gringo
16th-March-2005, 03:41 PM
Also worth a look is www.ballroomdancers.com (http://www.ballroomdancers.com) , which has a lot of basic steps taught on video for a wide range of dances.

Minnie M
16th-March-2005, 04:12 PM
Also worth a look is www.ballroomdancers.com (http://www.ballroomdancers.com) , which has a lot of basic steps taught on video for a wide range of dances.

Not quite the same :na:
and I can't play the 'video' ones as (now I know) I don't have a REAL player :tears:

azande
16th-March-2005, 04:21 PM
Not quite the same :na:
and I can't play the 'video' ones as (now I know) I don't have a REAL player :tears:

The "light" version is free and you can download it from the real website www.real.com.