PDA

View Full Version : Weekenders (taking work time off)

stewart38
14th-March-2005, 03:39 PM
Lets assume you use to have 25 days holiday and 13 days flex and went on the odd weekender each year. Taking time off on the Friday and Monday as holiday or flex wasn’t an issue

You then take a much better paid job but the USA bosses give you only 21 days a year and no flex

You want to go to at least 3 weekenders in the year and that could be 6 days off do you

Take sick days, the timing of which must be good
Travel straight to work on Monday after dancing till 5am
Go home Sundays
Cancel all other holidays because weekenders are your holidays
Arrive very late Friday after work but take Monday off
Leave your job get paid less and find a company that gives you more holidays
Never take the Friday or Mondays off as you don’t get enough holidays
Don’t care your on a permanent holiday

Suggestions on a post card

Aleks
14th-March-2005, 03:44 PM
Find a company that pays as much but with better holidays. It may take a little time, but I'm sure there's one out there.

Rhythm King
14th-March-2005, 04:07 PM
Become a professional dancer?

Chef
14th-March-2005, 04:10 PM
Leave your job get paid less and take more holidays.

After all. Nobody ever retires and wishes they had spent more time in the office.

We work to live. Not live to work.

Happy Dancing

Lynn
14th-March-2005, 05:48 PM
Depends on what is important to you - if earning as much money as possible is important, then you may have to give up other things in the pursuit of that extra money. If you can afford to live on a lower income (that might mean not buying as big a house, or changing your car less often) then try to get a lower paid job that allows you to do the other things you want. You could also ask about the option of unpaid leave.

In the meantime, either choose to have dance weekends as part of your 'holidays' just take the Fri and Monday - or if really getting tight on leave then -

Arrive very late Friday after work but take Monday off

drathzel
14th-March-2005, 07:10 PM
Half and half!

I would take some as holidays and some as sick, but thats only cuz my job sucks!!

:hug:

TheTramp
14th-March-2005, 07:18 PM
Or just quit your job, and go back to university, where you have plenty of time to go to anything that you want. You just can't actually afford it :tears:

drathzel
14th-March-2005, 07:25 PM
Or just quit your job, and go back to university, where you have plenty of time to go to anything that you want. You just can't actually afford it :tears:

or you can work and still not afford it!!! :tears:

Little Monkey
14th-March-2005, 07:37 PM

Like me.... :sad:

Now, WHY did I want to be an artist???????????

LM

TheTramp
14th-March-2005, 07:44 PM
Get a better job! :flower:

Lory
14th-March-2005, 08:12 PM
Go freelance! :clap:

Then make sure all your customers realise, that your the BEST and they would be totally stupid not to make their appointments around what suits you, make sure they realise they're extremely lucky you can fit them in AT ALL....in my experience, it alway's works! :wink:

...treat 'em mean, keep 'em keen! :devil: :innocent: