PDA

View Full Version : Guys' rules

Lory
12th-March-2005, 08:55 PM
At last a guy has taken the time to write this all down :worthy:

Finally, the guys' side of the story. I must admit, it's pretty good. :waycool:

We always hear "the rules" from the female side. Now here are the rules from the male side.

Apparently all numbered "1" ON PURPOSE!

1. Learn to work the toilet seat. You're a big girl. If it's up, put it down. We need it up, you need it down. You don't hear us complaining about you leaving it down.

1. Sunday sports. It's like the full moon or the changing of the tides. Let it be.

1. Shopping is NOT a sport. And no, we are never going to think of it that way.

1. Crying is blackmail.

1. Ask for what you want. Let us be clear on this one: Subtle hints do not work!
Strong hints do not work! Obvious hints do not work! Just say it!

1. Yes and No are perfectly acceptable answers to almost every question.
1. Come to us with a problem only if you want help solving it. That's what we do. Sympathy is what your girlfriends are for.

1. A headache that lasts for 17 months is a problem. See a doctor.

1. Anything we said 6 months ago is inadmissible in an argument. In fact, all comments become null and void after7 days.

1. If you won't dress like the Victoria's Secret girls, don't expect us to act like soap opera guys.

1. If you think you're fat, you probably are. Don't ask us.

1. If something we said can be interpreted two ways and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, we meant the other one.

1. You can either ask us to do something or tell us how you want it done. Not both.
If you already know best how to do it, just do it yourself.

1. Whenever possible, please say whatever you have to say during commercials.

1. Christopher Columbus did not need directions and neither do we.

1. ALL men see in only 16 colors, like Windows default settings. Peach, for example, is a fruit, not a colour. Pumpkin is also a fruit. We have no idea what mauve is.

1. If it itches, it will be scratched. We do that.

1. If we ask what is wrong and you say "nothing," we will act like nothing's wrong. We know you are lying, but it is just not worth the hassle.

1. If you ask a question you don't want an answer to, expect an answer you don't want to hear.

1. When we have to go somewhere, absolutely anything you wear is fine...Really.

1. Don't ask us what we're thinking about unless you are prepared to discuss such topics as baseball, the shotgun formation, or monster trucks.

1. You have enough clothes.

1. You have too many shoes.

1. Thank you for reading this.

Yes, I know, I have to sleep on the couch tonight; but did you know men really don't mind that? It's like camping.

cheeks
13th-March-2005, 12:56 AM
Superb wasn't convinced but after reading they are actually quite good.............doesn't change anything though :whistle: :rofl:

the toilet seat is meant to be down :whistle:

Shopping is a sport :wink:

And really high heels are no good for going to the footie so yes guys it does matter what we wear.............. :rofl:

Sorry couldn't resist......:blush:

Magic Hans
13th-March-2005, 01:28 PM
Yes, I know, I have to sleep on the couch tonight; but did you know men really don't mind that? It's like camping.

Alternative, but I like it!!

[Ducks into cover! .... well, behind the sofa anyway!]

Ian

drathzel
13th-March-2005, 04:01 PM
At last a guy has taken the time to write this all down :worthy:

Finally, the guys' side of the story. I must admit, it's pretty good. :waycool:

:rofl:
Lory, Have read this before but i have to say that i wet myself being reminded by it all! :hug:

bobgadjet
14th-March-2005, 03:53 PM
And really high heels are no good for going to the footie so yes guys it does matter what we wear.............. :rofl:

Oh yes they are.............the grass grows better with perforations :D

CJ
14th-March-2005, 05:38 PM
the toilet seat is meant to be down :whistle:

The seat goes up, the seat goes down: deal with it!

That said, I DO put the seat down, but with the lid, too. Always.

Why do women put the seat down but not the lid?

Rhythm King
14th-March-2005, 05:51 PM

:yeah:

Lory
14th-March-2005, 06:03 PM
Actually, I can't bare going into a public loo and facing a seat with the lid down, first of all I dread opening it, you never know what horrors you might uncover :eek: and secondly I can't bare touching it. :tears:

I'm afraid it's been passed down from my nan and then my mum, they were both fanatical about not touching anything in case we caught something nasty :sick: I just can't get out of it and have subsequently made paranoid kids.

How many others of you flush the toilet and open the lock with toilet paper wrapped round your fingers? :blush:

CJ
14th-March-2005, 06:08 PM
Lory, Jaws was not real!! Your bum is safe.

drathzel
14th-March-2005, 07:00 PM
Actually, I can't bare going into a public loo and facing a seat with the lid down, first of all I dread opening it, you never know what horrors you might uncover :eek: and secondly I can't bare touching it. :tears:

:yeah: phew, i'm not alone :clap:

bobgadjet
14th-March-2005, 08:03 PM

How many others of you flush the toilet and open the lock with toilet paper wrapped round your fingers? :blush:
:yeah:
I cant understand the human races problem with personal hygiene, or lack of it.

I hate to think what some peoples homes look like. :rolleyes:

Whitebeard
14th-March-2005, 09:25 PM
Actually, I can't bare going into a public loo ......
You're not meant to !!!

cheeks
15th-March-2005, 02:03 AM

Not all women always put the seat and lid down-Its a must

cheeks
15th-March-2005, 02:04 AM

:wink:

Yes it's habit but the thought of yuk no not worth thinking about :sick:

CJ
15th-March-2005, 10:55 AM

Guilty. :blush:

And I have to say: ESPECIALLY at an MJ night!! :eek: :angry:

I've been in too many loos on an MJ night and witnessed men not doing the necessary!!

Is washing hands such a fecking chore?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!??!? :confused:

ChrisA
15th-March-2005, 11:35 AM
Zoikes...

Usually I flush the paper as well as everything else :sick: :whistle:

It's not often it sticks to my fingers...

Little Monkey
15th-March-2005, 05:20 PM
I've been in too many loos on an MJ night and witnessed men not doing the necessary!!

Is washing hands such a fecking chore?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!??!? :confused:

Yuc!!!! :sick: :( :tears: :mad: :angry:

Yeah, how hard is it to wash your hands? Imagine how many sweaty hands you hold during one MJ night - and then imagine how many of these hands haven't been washed for a while..... Yucyucyucyucyucyucyucyucyucyucyuc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sick:

LM

Rhythm King
15th-March-2005, 05:26 PM
I remain horrified whenever I see someone (male, or female) cover their mouth to sneeze and then offer said hand to dance partner. Eugh! :sick:

under par
12th-June-2007, 02:37 AM
I remain horrified whenever I see someone (male, or female) cover their mouth to sneeze and then offer said hand to dance partner. Eugh! :sick:

But I feel we live in a much greener world these days.

Jamie
12th-June-2007, 03:00 AM
But I feel we live in a much greener world these days.

Wow UP, it took you two years to think of that one..? :whistle:

under par
12th-June-2007, 03:15 AM
Wow UP, it took you two years to think of that one..? :whistle:

I take it you don't approve..... wait till 2009 :wink:

Magic Hans
12th-June-2007, 08:40 AM
I take it you don't approve..... wait till 2009 :wink:

Did it only take two years for the world to go green!! :sick:

Double Trouble
12th-June-2007, 08:52 AM

Just hover over the seat. I never sit down in a public loo & I flush with elbow, foot, etc. Never my hand. All a total waste of time at a dance event as I have it on good authority that most men don't wash their hands after having a wee.:sick:

Gav
12th-June-2007, 10:31 AM
Just hover over the seat. I never sit down in a public loo & I flush with elbow, foot, etc. Never my hand. All a total waste of time at a dance event as I have it on good authority that most men don't wash their hands after having a wee.:sick:

Definitely a candid camera moment! :D

I use a handful of bog roll to lock the door, open the lid, wipe the seat, flush etc, but you're going to wash your hands at the end of it all anyway, so maybe it's a bit OTT.

BTW, I've been to 1 event where I saw an alarmingly high number of men not washing their hands, but generally it seems to me that most men do.
Yes, I'm the one that reminds you when I see you forget, because I don't like to think that someone I'm dancing with may have just held your unwashed hand. :sick: