PDA

View Full Version : What forum skin colour do you use?

Will
11th-March-2005, 02:44 PM
So which is it?

drathzel
11th-March-2005, 02:50 PM
although was getting used to apple white for the wee while metallic was gone (not grey, just looks it) :hug:

Northants Girly
11th-March-2005, 03:28 PM
Sorry for any confusion Will. I called the missing one "grey" in the other thread but I was referring to the Metallic one :)

Sheepman
11th-March-2005, 05:11 PM
Metallic for me, the only problem I have is that it is hard to spot the hyperlinks in text, until you run the mouse over it, maybe they could appear in a different colour?

Greg

Will
11th-March-2005, 05:14 PM
Sorry for any confusion Will. I called the missing one "grey" in the other thread but I was referring to the Metallic one :)
Well that colour seems to be available to me.

Are you still having difficulties selecting it?

Will

P.S. Could a moderator remove the "Grey" option from the poll, thanks.

Piglet
11th-March-2005, 05:18 PM
I'm happy on the orange! Tried the others when I first came onto the site but none of them took my fancy I'm afraid.

Lynn
11th-March-2005, 05:27 PM
I have a question about this - why does the forum look different on my home PC than in work or anywhere else I access it? I can't seem to get much difference to show in skin colour on my home PC either.

(Probably some really obvious software reason and I have just shown myself up to be rather computer illiterate :blush: )

Yliander
12th-March-2005, 10:16 AM
i use orange at home and metallic or blue at work - less obvious that I'm somewhere online that I should be :blush: :na:

have voted orange as i propberbly access the scottish forum more often from home than at work

ducasi
12th-March-2005, 02:03 PM
I started out with "Ceroc Orange", but figured I'd try "Apple White" when this discussion came along, as I'm a big Apple fan. :yum:

I'm a bit disappointed that "Apple White" isn't that great. :tears:

So now I've switched to Metallic. We'll see how it goes... :grin:

"Basic Blue" isn't for me.

ChrisA
12th-March-2005, 02:07 PM
I'm a bit disappointed that "Apple White" isn't that great. :tears:

......:yeah:

It's more 'Apple grey'.

ducasi
12th-March-2005, 03:07 PM
It's more 'Apple grey'.It's not so much that, (as I guess it's supposed to be copying Apple's "pin-stripe" Aqua look) as it just looks pants.

It's incomplete and inconsistent. It has customised icons for some things, but just leaves the default vBulletin icons in place for others.

It puts an Apple-style window title above lists of sub-forums, but not above lists of threads.

It puts Apple's traffic-light buttons on the page, but for no apparent purpose.

It's pin-stripe isn't as subtle as Apple's.

Um, sorry if this is your creation Franck, but it's just not up to scratch and so doesn't deserve the name "Apple" on it.

Rant over... :blush:

drathzel
13th-March-2005, 03:46 PM
It's not so much that, (as I guess it's supposed to be copying Apple's "pin-stripe" Aqua look) as it just looks pants.

It's incomplete and inconsistent. It has customised icons for some things, but just leaves the default vBulletin icons in place for others.

It puts an Apple-style window title above lists of sub-forums, but not above lists of threads.

It puts Apple's traffic-light buttons on the page, but for no apparent purpose.

It's pin-stripe isn't as subtle as Apple's.

Um, sorry if this is your creation Franck, but it's just not up to scratch and so doesn't deserve the name "Apple" on it.

Rant over... :blush:

I'm surprised our apple evangilist hasn't had something to say qbout this already! :hug:

azande
16th-March-2005, 10:56 PM
Hey Franck, nice theme the new Aqua, shame it doesn't seem to render properly (or at least it looks weird to me) in any of the Mac browsers I've tried (Omniweb, Safari, Firefox & Shiira) and some links are missing.

There are a couple of sites where you can buy professional themes (not that expensive and at least you are guaranteed that they render properly). PM me if you want the addresses and haven't visited them already!

Az.

Dance Demon
16th-March-2005, 11:27 PM
Arghh...I just pressed the Aqua button, and now I can't find how to get it back to the layout I had before...... :confused:

ducasi
16th-March-2005, 11:28 PM
Hey Franck, nice theme the new Aqua, shame it doesn't seem to render properly (or at least it looks weird to me) in any of the Mac browsers I've tried (Omniweb, Safari, Firefox & Shiira) and some links are missing. :yeah:

It has definite potential, but for me on Safari it all gets bunched up to the left. Also on the User CP page, there was some broken HTML.

I'll stick with Metallic for the moment.

BTW, (and I know this should be a different thread, but anyway...) when I use the "New Posts" button to do catch-up, quite often this thread and some others appear with a time-stamp that is newer than the actual last post. Any idea what's happening here? Is it maybe because people have voted?

azande
16th-March-2005, 11:33 PM
BTW, (and I know this should be a different thread, but anyway...) when I use the "New Posts" button to do catch-up, quite often this thread and some others appear with a time-stamp that is newer than the actual last post. Any idea what's happening here? Is it maybe because people have voted?

YEP! :D

Dance Demon
16th-March-2005, 11:35 PM
HELP ME!!!!!!!!!...how do I get back to the nice metallic format, the Aqua one is pants

Northants Girly
16th-March-2005, 11:45 PM
HELP ME!!!!!!!!!...how do I get back to the nice metallic format, the Aqua one is pantsYou can go to the very very bottom left of tis page and use the menu there. But I'm not sure if that will remember your preferences for next time. For that I think you need to go into the User CP link (topish left), change it in there and save the changes. :)

DavidY
17th-March-2005, 12:14 AM
You can go to the very very bottom left of tis page and use the menu there. But I'm not sure if that will remember your preferences for next time. For that I think you need to go into the User CP link (topish left), change it in there and save the changes. :)I couldn't find the option within the Aqua skin. Had to go back to User CP to get back to Basic Blue.

Also, Aqua seems to lose information - for instance you can't see who made the last post on my PC (Windows & IE6.. yeah, I know, I know..).

Northants Girly
17th-March-2005, 12:37 AM
I couldn't find the option within the Aqua skin. Had to go back to User CP to get back to Basic Blue.

Also, Aqua seems to lose information - for instance you can't see who made the last post on my PC (Windows & IE6.. yeah, I know, I know..).Thats strange. Hey - alot of folk use Windows and IE6!

The Metallic one dosn't show links as well I find - but I still like it the best :)

drathzel
17th-March-2005, 09:52 AM
ohhh, i only just noticed the aqua! I might give it a shot for a little while! :hug: