PDA

View Full Version : Let's have a second-hand book fair !!!

Wendy
10th-March-2005, 12:41 PM
Started this in the book club - maybe should have put it here instead as not getting the 17.5 viewings per minute I was expecting :rofl: :

I am planning to get rid of a lot of books and wondered if anyone else wanted to help out running a book fair or if they had books to sell. I always feel charity shops have tattered old mags and second-hand book shops give you pennies for perfectly good books....

Thought we could hire a big hall for the day, cover our costs and give the profit to charity... maybe even have a craft bit too (bet Emma's cards would sell well )....hey we could even have a party at night !!!!

Any comments/ideas welcome !!! Anyone done this kind of thing before ???

Wx

:cheers:

BeeBee
10th-March-2005, 02:19 PM
Hi Wendy

This sounds like a great idea - I'll def be interested in hearing more about it.

Cheers
Beebs x

CJ
10th-March-2005, 02:50 PM
Can I crassly use this opportunity to ask if you'd be prepared to do it on behalf of The PBC Foundation?!?

No answer required just now, but maybe we can chat at some point?

That said, could probably produce some goodies, too.

Want me to make enquiries on East coast as I don't know Gla that well?

CJ.
:flower:

Wendy
10th-March-2005, 03:49 PM
Can I.... ask if you'd be prepared to do it on behalf of The PBC Foundation?!?

I hadn't thought that far yet.. was waiting to see what the response was like...

And thanks.. :flower:

Wx

Wendy
10th-March-2005, 03:55 PM
Hi Wendy

This sounds like a great idea - I'll def be interested in hearing more about it.

Cheers
Beebs x

Thanks !! ... maybe we need a zappy poll to see how many books are out there... where's that stats bloke ???? or that blue bloke ??? :kiss:

Wx