PDA

View Full Version : Saturday 12th March What's on?

Northants Girly
10th-March-2005, 12:33 PM
I was wondering what everyone was up to this Saturday . . . .
then I thought about doing a poll . . . .
then I decided not to cos I havn't a clue whats on! :confused:

So folk - what IS on? :)

Simon r
10th-March-2005, 12:37 PM
Twyford freestyle is on see thread started
can not remember who is teaching ..... :kiss:
would be great to see you down here.

Northants Girly
10th-March-2005, 12:41 PM
Twyford freestyle is on see thread started
can not remember who is teaching ..... :kiss:
would be great to see you down here.For the benefit of us Northerners/Midlanders . . . where is Twyford? Is there a website or do ya have a postcode? Thanks NG

Andy McGregor
10th-March-2005, 12:54 PM
For the benefit of us Northerners/Midlanders . . . where is Twyford? Is there a website or do ya have a postcode? Thanks NGTwyford is near Reading. For us people on the South Coast that is the Midlands/North!

And, for those people on the South Coast, there's a dance at the King Alfred in Hove on Saturday. Nigel Anderson will be teaching and I'll be DJ - is that a shameless plug? :whistle:

Yliander
10th-March-2005, 12:56 PM
Girls night In - in Perth Australia DVD's & pizza

Daisy Chain
10th-March-2005, 12:58 PM
So folk - what IS on? :)

I'm dithering between the Ceroc Nantwich freestyle and the Cool Catz freestyle in Knutsford. Ideally, I'd like to go to both - anyone know how I get myself cloned by Saturday?

Since I live exactly half way between the 2 venues, I can't decide using distance as my main criterion :confused:

Daisy

(An Indecisive Little Flower)

Piglet
10th-March-2005, 01:04 PM
Celebrating a fellow cerockers birthday (which is today - but he's obviously not a forumite because he's not mentioned) in Aberdeen on the 12th. Should be a jolly great night :grin:

TheTramp
10th-March-2005, 01:23 PM
Glasgow monthly party, which I may go to if I can get a lift from Dundee...

Lory
10th-March-2005, 01:27 PM
Since I live exactly half way between the 2 venues, I can't decide using distance as my main criterion :confused:

Interesting! So, what will sway your decision in the end? :na:

Daisy Chain
10th-March-2005, 01:38 PM
Interesting! So, what will sway your decision in the end? :na:

Ibble obble black bobble, ibble obble out!

There. Sorted!

Daisy

(An Undecided Little Flower)

Lou
10th-March-2005, 01:49 PM
And, for those people on the South Coast, there's a dance at the King Alfred in Hove on Saturday.
Yay! Am being very brave & going to scary Hove place! :wink:

Gus
10th-March-2005, 01:50 PM
I'm dithering between the Ceroc Nantwich freestyle and the Cool Catz freestyle in Knutsford. Not an easy decision but at least they are two very different events (unlike when Northwich and Nantwich clash). Ceroc Nantwich will be a large venue standard Ceroc night .... and there is nothing wrong about that. Cool Catz (Knutsford) will be a smaller event (usually about 80 - 100) focusing more on 'interesting' music, including some excellent new tracks as recommneded by DJ Gods Jon Brett and TWK :worthy: :worthy: and with the usual turnout of great dancers..... :grin: Also hope to have the Blues/WCS room open again for those who really like to slooooooowwwwwww it down. :waycool:

Feelingpink
10th-March-2005, 02:01 PM
For the benefit of us Northerners/Midlanders . . . where is Twyford? Is there a website or do ya have a postcode? Thanks NG

If you check out LyndasList (http://www.lyndaslist.com), it gives you a contact number and the address.

Andy McGregor
10th-March-2005, 02:08 PM
Yay! Am being very brave & going to scary Hove place! :wink:I like to think of myself as scary but I think you need to be taller :tears:

DavidY
10th-March-2005, 02:21 PM
For the benefit of us Northerners/Midlanders . . . where is Twyford? Is there a websitehttp://www.ceroctv.co.uk/
or do ya have a postcode?RG10 9JA

I think, anyway...

Minnie M
10th-March-2005, 02:30 PM
loads and loads on this Saturday and they all seem great :clap:

I'm hoping to see the MIKE SANCHEZ R&B REVUE at Haslemere this Saturday - not actually a dancing event BUT we will be dancing down the isles and by the stage :clap: :clap:

CJ
10th-March-2005, 02:43 PM
I know there is Hammersmith, too.

But, hey...

I'll be in Gla.

Anyone coming from a distance??

NG?!? :flower:

Minnie M
10th-March-2005, 02:57 PM
OR you could try something different :-

R & B / Zydeco in Finchley (North West London)

Mardi Gras Party - 8pm to midnight CADILLAC KINGS (top R&B band)
Purple / Green / Gold Mardi Gras theme and lots of fun

- as Feelingpink very kindly said :hug: - they are all on my list

Magic Hans
10th-March-2005, 03:47 PM
Going to a Ceilidh in Nottingham!!!!

[ ... not that too many peops would be interested in that!!]

Clive Long
10th-March-2005, 04:07 PM

I love ceilidhs - very social.

So much sweat generated from what looks like sedate dancing.

Hope you have a blast Ian

Clive

Feelingpink
10th-March-2005, 04:42 PM
I love ceilidhs - very social.

So much sweat generated from what looks like sedate dancing.

Clive

So that will be TWO packets of baby wipes needed! One of my ab. fab. dancers uses them to sweep away his manly perspiration and make himself all sweet smelling and delicious for his partners... aahhhh :drool: :yum: No wonder there's always a queue for him.

Sparkles
10th-March-2005, 05:14 PM
Girls night out! :clap: Can't wait!!!
... and we still need to persuade David to let Lily come... (pretty please :flower: )

S. x

PS. Lou, how on Earth did you get your hands on those tickets?!!!

Feelingpink
10th-March-2005, 05:22 PM
... and we still need to persuade David to let Lily come... (pretty please :flower: )

Come on David ... a night of girly bonding for Lily and you are free to do what you want ... what else could you wish for on a Saturday night :devil:

Minnie M
10th-March-2005, 05:59 PM

S. x

Am I missing something :tears:

Northants Girly
10th-March-2005, 06:24 PM
Not an easy decision but at least they are two very different events (unlike when Northwich and Nantwich clash). Ceroc Nantwich will be a large venue standard Ceroc night .... and there is nothing wrong about that. Cool Catz (Knutsford) will be a smaller event (usually about 80 - 100) focusing more on 'interesting' music, including some excellent new tracks as recommneded by DJ Gods Jon Brett and TWK :worthy: :worthy: and with the usual turnout of great dancers..... :grin: Also hope to have the Blues/WCS room open again for those who really like to slooooooowwwwwww it down. :waycool:Well DianaS and I had decided to go to Nantwich. Then last night someone told me that Northwich (think they meant Knutsford) was better, was not that much further to travel to and that I ought to talk Diana into going there.

So - I started this thread :)

And now - I still havn't a clue where to go :confused:

I'll just let Diana decide!

(I don't think I'm gonna be able to talk her into coming to Scotland though CJ - well not this weekend ;)

Daisy Chain
10th-March-2005, 08:41 PM

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo :tears: ..................don't give me any more attractive options for Saturday. Who are the band?

Daisy

(A Stripping the Willow Little FLower)

Yogi_Bear
10th-March-2005, 08:56 PM
Well DianaS and I had decided to go to Nantwich. Then last night someone told me that Northwich (think they meant Knutsford) was better, was not that much further to travel to and that I ought to talk Diana into going there.

So - I started this thread :)

And now - I still havn't a clue where to go :confused:

I'll just let Diana decide!

(I don't think I'm gonna be able to talk her into coming to Scotland though CJ - well not this weekend ;)
Well, it seems to me that Gus's post sums it up - you pays your money and you takes your choice. Two very different evenings.
Or try instead a Ceroc Metro Saturday Night Fever themed freestyle in St Albans - see
http://www.cerocmetro.com/calendarix/calendar.php
yb

Northants Girly
11th-March-2005, 04:53 PM
Well, it seems to me that Gus's post sums it up - you pays your money and you takes your choice. Two very different evenings.Well at the moment the swingometer in the girls camp is swinging towards Gus and Knutsford . . . :na:

DianaS
11th-March-2005, 05:12 PM
Well at the moment the swingometer in the girls camp is swinging towards Gus and Knutsford . . . :na:
Well Trousers PM'd me and asked me where we should go.
I said we'd were easily led and that we would navigate for him,
he turned a little green and hasn't been heard from since :sick:
Where is Knutsford NG,

Yogi_Bear
11th-March-2005, 05:54 PM
Well Trousers PM'd me and asked me where we should go.
I said we'd were easily led and that we would navigate for him,
he turned a little green and hasn't been heard from since :sick:
Where is Knutsford NG,Knutsford is near M6 junction 19 -south of Manchester...a long way for an evening, but it sounds like a good night out. Might even make the trip myself sometime, which from Norwich is even crazier...

ElaineB
11th-March-2005, 07:39 PM

Oooh, she is wickedly talented! :waycool:

Elaine

David Bailey
11th-March-2005, 08:12 PM
Back to original topic, I just remembered that Amersham freestyle is also on, although I suspect it'll be squeezed between St. Albans and Twyford tomorrow night. But I'm hopeless at predicting these things, so you never know...

see www.cerocchilterns.co.uk for details.

Tiggerbabe
11th-March-2005, 08:21 PM
I'll be in Gla.

Me - (hopefully) :wink: :D

drathzel
11th-March-2005, 08:34 PM
Me - (hopefully) :wink: :D

Yeahy :clap: :clap: I'll have someone to practice my new moves on :wink:

David Bailey
11th-March-2005, 08:53 PM
And another one tomorrow night, Hammersmith, I believe.

Is it me getting old, or are there just too many weekend events in the Home Counties now?

David The Public Information Service... :nice:

DavidY
11th-March-2005, 10:17 PM
I'll be in Gla.

NG?!? :flower:Was talking to someone last night who taxis at the Rugby venue (not that far away from NG). I think he said he's going to the Glasgow party this weekend..

Tiggerbabe
11th-March-2005, 10:23 PM
I think he said he's going to the Glasgow party this weekend..
Any clues as to what he looks like then? :whistle: :grin: and why are you not coming with him? :hug:

DavidY
11th-March-2005, 10:29 PM
Any clues as to what he looks like then?Not sure I want to blow his cover in case he wants to go incognito :) (although you may recognise him from Southport).
and why are you not coming with him? :hug:I have some (non-dancing) commitments this weekend I'm afraid. When are the next parties in Scotland then? :wink:

Tiggerbabe
11th-March-2005, 10:57 PM
When are the next parties in Scotland then? :wink:
Well, there's a party in Aberdeen on Saturday 19th March and one in Edinburgh on Saturday 26th.
In April there's Glasgow on the 9th and then a Beach Ballroom Weekend in Aberdeen on the 22nd 23rd and 24th. Edinburgh again on the 30th and then ................

DUNDEE, BONAR HALL, 7TH MAY

:clap: :clap: :D

Bryman
11th-March-2005, 11:34 PM
Hi Tiggerbabe - hoping to make up for not dancing with you at Stirling last month - but you were kinda busy DJ-ing those great Latin/Blues tracks!
Yep, see you at Glasgow tomorrow night :flower:

(Me first post - hope it works - usually get "the secretary" to do this cos I'm not a typer type of guy! :D

Bryman
11th-March-2005, 11:41 PM
Oh no - couldn't get the smillies to work - where's that secretary? ;-( :sick:

(she said "just click" ........... it just did! :clap: )

Tiggerbabe
12th-March-2005, 12:53 AM
Yep, see you at Glasgow tomorrow night :flower:

Brilliant!!!!!!! :clap:

And welcome to the forum :hug:

Tiggerbabe
12th-March-2005, 12:55 AM
Oh no - couldn't get the smillies to work ;-( :sick:
Looks ok to me :wink: :whistle: :whistle:

Daisy Chain
12th-March-2005, 07:26 PM
Oh hells belles! Look at the time. Nearly 18:30 and I still haven't decided whether to turn South at the end of my road for Nantwich or North for Knutsford.

Help!

Daisy

(A Helpless Little Flower)

DianaS
15th-March-2005, 12:29 PM
Knutsford is near M6 junction 19 -south of Manchester...a long way for an evening, but it sounds like a good night out. Might even make the trip myself sometime, which from Norwich is even crazier...
Hi Yogi
were you there, did we dance and who was that beautiful stranger?::You were right it was worth the trip :whistle:
Lindy, babes thanks for the dances! Where's next :devil:

Gus
15th-March-2005, 12:41 PM
You were right it was worth the trip :whistle: Well .. it was a case of Quality rather than Quantity but there were some lovely dancers. Great to meet you, and Trousers! Cool Catz were glad to see you there.

Northants Girly
15th-March-2005, 12:47 PM
Lindy, babes thanks for the dances! Where's next :devil:I'm not dancing with you again Diana - you sabotage all my moves! :devil: (all 4 of them ;) )

Yep - Knutsford was well worth the trip :grin:

but I can't go back cos I was banned! :tears:

Lou
15th-March-2005, 12:49 PM
Pre-release, and patience! :wink:

(Can you tell I'm very excited to be going to see Trent & the boys. I am so having an industrial/cyber moment right now.)

Yogi_Bear
15th-March-2005, 01:43 PM
Hi Yogi
were you there, did we dance and who was that beautiful stranger?::You were right it was worth the trip :whistle:
Lindy, babes thanks for the dances! Where's next :devil:
Diana,
No - a little too far from Norwich, even for me. But I'm thinking of going to Knutsford in April, when I will be in the area for a few days...I have definitely pencilled in Cool Catz for a visit as soon as I can. Glad you enjoyed it.
Ian

Yogi_Bear
15th-March-2005, 01:44 PM
I'm not dancing with you again Diana - you sabotage all my moves! :devil: (all 4 of them ;) )

Yep - Knutsford was well worth the trip :grin:

but I can't go back cos I was banned! :tears:
Banned NG...why?

Gus
15th-March-2005, 02:24 PM
Banned NG...why?Yeah ... why did we ban you? :confused: :whistle: Think she started picking on me ...... actualy I have no idea what happened ... things got VERY silly towards the end of the night :wink:

Northants Girly
15th-March-2005, 03:25 PM
Banned NG...why?Gus dint have a watch and kept asking me what the time was . . .
. . at about 5 to midmight (closing time) he asked again and I did what any self-respecting jiver would do and I told him it was 11.30pm :grin:

I was immediately banned . . . . but it's ok, cos Gus was immediately sacked for banning me :rofl:

things got VERY silly towards the end of the night What - just at the end? Didn't you have a dance with DianaS then? ;)

and I almost forgot - if you go to Knutsford you get free biscuits! and they were chocolate ones :na:

DianaS
15th-March-2005, 03:27 PM
Yeah ... why did we ban you? :confused: :whistle: Think she started picking on me ...... actualy I have no idea what happened ... things got VERY silly towards the end of the night :wink:
She fell over on the dance floor and blamed ME and I wasn't even leading I don't think Well maye be just backleading a little...Trousers saw it all...
It was so her fault :tears: :tears: But dancing to Fire will never be the same again :rofl:
Not surprised you were banned, it was a terrible scene..

Sparkles
15th-March-2005, 03:57 PM
Pre-release, and patience! :wink:

(Can you tell I'm very excited to be going to see Trent & the boys. I am so having an industrial/cyber moment right now.)

I hope you have a fab time!
Give us the low-down when you get back!! :cheers:

S. x

DavidY
15th-March-2005, 07:44 PM
and I almost forgot - if you go to Knutsford you get free biscuits! and they were chocolate ones :na:Would they be the biscuits that Gus gave you but said you weren't to tell anyone? :whistle:

I went to Knutsford but wasn't offered a single biscuit all night - with or without chocolate. :tears:

Andy McGregor
15th-March-2005, 08:20 PM
Would they be the biscuits that Gus gave you but said you weren't to tell anyone? :whistle:

I went to Knutsford but wasn't offered a single biscuit all night - with or without chocolate. :tears:In Brighton we offered the following.

A choice of 4 different dips with carrot and cucumber sticks and Pringles.

A choice of 2 types of sausage roll, meat and chili 'n' cheese vegi.

A choice of biccies with and without chocolate.

An inexhaustable mountain of flapjack - with more in reserve for the local flapjack fiends.

And tea and coffee with semi-skimmed or cream.

And a lesson from Nigel Anderson with Lisa Saw, the Blackpool Open Bronze medal winner as demo :worthy:

And there was dancing to fab music too :whistle:

.. I liked the flapjack :wink:

Northants Girly
16th-March-2005, 12:16 AM
Would they be the biscuits that Gus gave you but said you weren't to tell anyone? :whistle:Oh yeah - whoops! :eek:

I'm afraid I can't keep a secret to save my life :sick:

which reminds me . . . thanks for the rep Clive :wink:

Lou
16th-March-2005, 12:24 AM
And there was dancing to fab music too :whistle:
And half an hour of dancing to ... errmmmm.... nah..... :rolleyes:

Oh yeah - and thanks to you (it was you, wasn't it?) I've had bloody Danke Schön by Wayne Newton stuck in my head. :na:

Andy McGregor
16th-March-2005, 02:04 AM
And half an hour of dancing to ... errmmmm.... nah..... :rolleyes: At least I got to dance with Lou for part of the half hour I wasn't on the decks :clap:

Oh yeah - and thanks to you (it was you, wasn't it?) I've had bloody Danke Schön by Wayne Newton stuck in my head. :na:It was that or Bie Mir Mr Shane: which would have given some people a heart attack :devil: I can't imagine Graham LeClerc would have played either track. We were supposed to share the DJing - but it didn't work out that way. I did 3 hours 30 mins of a 4 hour night - Mr LeClerc did the rest. And he mostly kept the floor full - which is more than I can say for myself :tears: That's the last time I play Barry Manilow late in the evening :blush:

Dazzle
16th-March-2005, 02:31 AM
I was immediately banned . . . . but it's ok, cos Gus was immediately sacked for banning me :rofl:

Gus gets sacked every week, but he just keeps on showing up! :whistle:

Great to meet more forumites DianaS and Northants Girly. Hope Knutsford will be honoured with your presence once again at the Chilled Felines, by you two well-dressed, Sophisticats?

Thanks for the dances, hope it will be the first of many, even if only for the chocolate biscuits! :tears:

Dazzle

Lou
16th-March-2005, 08:01 AM
It was that or Bie Mir Mr Shane:
Trust me, it was Danke Schön... :rolleyes:

(Btw... since when did Bie Mir Mr Shane mean that you're grand? :whistle: )