PDA

View Full Version : Forum Access problems - email activation

Minnie M
7th-March-2005, 07:39 PM
...again, anyway!

Thanks for that, but I can't access it - keep getting this dratted message about 'lack of privileges' or summat. Presumably that's because I'm a newcomer? :(

http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1978&highlight=women+anticipate+moves

strange ?? it is not upstairs - try again

TheTramp
7th-March-2005, 07:40 PM
Thanks for that, but I can't access it - keep getting this dratted message about 'lack of privileges' or summat. Presumably that's because I'm a newcomer? :(
Strange. There should be no reason why you can't read it that I can see.

It's just a thread in the Intermediate corner. Try using this link below...

http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1978

TheTramp
7th-March-2005, 07:41 PM
Wow. Beaten by a mouse!! :tears:

:worthy: Minnie....

Allez-Cat
8th-March-2005, 12:30 AM
[QUOTE=Minnie M
strange ?? it is not upstairs - try again[/QUOTE]

'Fraid not. Just tried again, and the link suggested by Mr Tramp, and the message I get is:

< Allez-Cat, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation. >

Any ideas?

MartinHarper
8th-March-2005, 12:55 AM
it may be awaiting activation.

Probably this one, though a moderator will be able to check. When you register, you get sent an email to confirm that the email address you've provided is valid. Following the instructions in the email will allow you to view threads outside the "beginner's corner".

This sort of nonsense is why I like wikis.

Franck
8th-March-2005, 05:09 PM
< Allez-Cat, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Any ideas?Sorry Allez-Cat, it seems your account wasn't activated properly because your ISP (internet provider) was blocking emails from my server (something to do with Reverse DNS lookups and other technical nonsense). As a result, you wouldn't have received the activation code, so the Forum believed your email wasn't verified, so wouldn't let you post.

It also seems that any email sent to you would have been bounced back.

Enjoy posting / reading the Forum!

Allez-Cat
10th-March-2005, 03:03 PM
Ah - found it: wondered where it had all disappeared to! Thanks Franck, all working fine now.

A-C